Is this a good opportunity for dawah?

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Assalamualaikum my dear brothers and sisters, I got invited by my professor to a "Bible Study" now I honestly laughed a little inside my head at the thought me in a "Bible Study" but then I was like hey... this could be a good opportunity for dawah and there are alot of other people from other religions there tooo

There will be a Q/A session (yes!) and time for discussion - so If I was planning to go to this place for dawah I was thinking perhaps I could persuade them to have like a short time for people of other faiths to talk about their beliefs and their views on christianity

its like twice a week - 1 hour.

Worth it? or not?

miq1

Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

A Muslim should not expose himself to the false beliefs of deviant religions. I have read some of your old posts, you have mentioned that your faith moves up and down, I would not recommend for you to engage in this meeting, in which they insult Allah (The Glorious) by reading from a false book and attributing its teachings to Him. You are also not very knowledgeable about Islam or their religion. If you debate with them, they will turn it against you, hoping to weaken your faith. A person becomes convinced of Islam by having sincerity, by reading the Qur'an, biography of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), several thousand hadith, and the works of Knowledgeable scholars. If you go there and say a few things, that will convince no one, and Allah (The Glorified and Exalted) Knows Best.

icadams

More likely they will spend all of their time and effort in attempts to convert you to Christianity.

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
miq1: I also thought that :(

icadms: HA! they can try I guess.

JazakAllah khair for all your responses :)

BetAmakeR

Love Allah
Ya..if u want to have debate with them u shu hav deep knowledge in islam coz they will turn it against u, ur purpose is good but u dont hav capability yet.

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
thats a good choice i feel bro!
you know what! you can go there and ask questions about bible...
and confuse those people...
these words were said by d.r zakir naik, and d.r bilal philips...
just confuse them , and then , you start your mission..
inshallah!...

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu Allaicum dear brother

Mashallah that seems very good idea. I think it would be good oportunity to give Dawah to Non Muslims,although I think brother it would be better if you would ask your Proffesor that you talk about compparative religions.For example diffrence and simularity beween Islam and Chistainity, proofs about Islaam, answering questions about Islaam etc....
On that way you could give Dawah to non Muslims,and help others to understand Islaam and missconception that they had about our religion Inshallah.

May Allah help you brother and reword you for your effort.:tti_sister:

:wasalam:

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

I would not recommend you do this. First of all, it is a Bible study not a comaparitive religion study. I don't think it would viewed in a good light if a Christian came to a Qu'ran study and tried to convince us that Islam is wrong. And trust me, Christians are big-time prostelytizers and can smell dawa a mile away. They will most likely be offended that you came with ulterior motives and it could make them think poorly about Islam.

You may also be up against some decent Bible scholars who've wrapped their entire faith around their sacred text. They might be able to manipulate ANY verse to suit their purpose and confuse you. Instead of engaging in discussion on their turf, most likely outnumbered, I would invite them to come to my mosque and attend a service. That way they can ask questions from the imam or other learned brothers/sisters.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum

You were invited so they could give Da'wah to YOU.

The correct way to give da'wah is to purely call to Allaah without compromosing your beliefs.

Not to go there, sit listen to them - and then when they have question and answer session to try and give them da'wah.

This is not the way the Prophet Muhammad, (salallahu alayhi wa salam), His Companions or the early Muslims did things.

We give da'wah based on our terms, not based on the terms of the disbelievers. It gives them legitimacy.

Let me give an example,

There many Muslims who go to the anti-Muslim websites and try to give da'wah. But, they are going to people who are stubborn and close minded. They give those websites increased traffic, and by linking to them they are promoting their websites. It increases their Google search engine ranking.

Worse, is when people send mass emails, containing a list of these anti-Islaam websites, and tell Muslims NOT to go them. - This just promotes those websites.

Turntoislam was made for teaching the proper Islaam, according to the Qur'aan and Sunnah. "towards correcting the common misconceptions about Islaam."

If someone comes here, they are on our turf. :) We dont let them write things that are lies against Allaah or the Prophet Muhammad (salallahu alayhi wa salam).

Those who are sincere, they seek out the truth, open their hearts to Allaah's guidance.

We need to support Islamic efforts such as TTI. We need all support we can get. If only people could send emails with this site mentioned, telling people to come here...... It be much more useful than just making email telling people not to go to some sites.

assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatuh

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

Brother Mabsoot and Sister ShyHijabi have shared some really good advice with us. Invite them over to the mosque or Islamic centre and then tell them about Islam.

And also attacking/criticising their religion and trying to show that they are wrong only makes a person defensive and emotional rather than having a peaceful and logical dialogue. Rather invite them to the mosque and talk about Tawheed in Islam and about the life of our beloved prophet (pbuh).

May Allah swt reward you for your good intentions. Ameen :)

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Assalamualaikum - JazakAllah khair for the advices given :)
Although they did say we wanna see christianity from other point of views... so I think he wants the Islamic point of view?

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Assalamualaikum - JazakAllah khair for the advices given :)
Although they did say we wanna see christianity from other point of views... so I think he wants the Islamic point of view?

:salam2:

Sounds like a bait brother just going by face value.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Salam brother.. I just dont know anymore.. I thought spreading Islam was a good thing to do :(

Walaikumsalaam wa rahmatullahi..

Aww Akhi.. dont get disheartened. :) .. As mentioned earlier, call them to a mosque or Islamic Centre and speak to them there about Islam.

If you have the strong desire to make Dawa'ah then pray to Allah swt to make it easy for you and Insha'Allah you will be successful. Dont give up so easy brother. :)

And remember our duty is 'Hidayatul Irshad' ie to try to direct someone to the truth. The rest is up to Allah swt.

Cheer up bro. :)

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Walaikumsalaam wa rahmatullahi..

Aww Akhi.. dont get disheartened. :) .. As mentioned earlier, call them to a mosque or Islamic Centre and speak to them there about Islam.

If you have the strong desire to make Dawa'ah then pray to Allah swt to make it easy for you and Insha'Allah you will be successful. Dont give up so easy brother. :)

And remember our duty is 'Hidayatul Irshad' ie to try to direct someone to the truth. The rest is up to Allah swt.

Cheer up bro. :)

JazakAllah khair for the kind words bro it did the trick :D