Is this Haram?

A_Happy_Convert

Salaamo alaikum everyone,

I have a quick question. I'm a girl who loves to surf and I know that if I go surfing on a crowded beach, it is of course haram.

But my question is this: If I go surfing (with my hijab of course) in a place where there is literally not ONE person around to see me, is it haram still?

I mean, if I go to a stretch of deserted beach along Morocco's coast, and I know that it is well-hidden, and I'm 100% sure that there will be nobody around to see me, is it haram?

Thanks for taking the time to check this out and if you could post any references to back up your response (if you respond) I'd really appreciate it.

jazzakallahu khairan in advance.

AHC

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
:salam2: Ukhti,

This is pretty much along the lines of women swimming in public beaches and how to cover yourself. It's fine as long as you're not within visual range of any non-mahrems.

Here you go:

Women swimming

Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullah
Are Women allowed to swim in a secluded place together?
If yes. How are they supposed to dress as any dress will stick to the body when wet. Please explain in detail
Wassalaam

Praise be to Allaah.

Anything that could be a source of temptation among women must be prevented. So their swimming in clothes that do not cover their ‘awrah (parts of the body which must be covered) properly because they stick to the body is something that is not allowed. If they swim in clothes that cover them, in a place far from the gaze of men, and cover themselves as soon as they come out of the water so that others will not see them in clothes that show the shape or colour of their ‘awrah, then there is nothing wrong with this so long as they adhere to the shar’i conditions. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/1075/Swimming

Aroosak

:wasalam:

I've tried swimming with long wide pants and a long sleeve shirt and hijab and trust me it was a complete failure so I cannot imagine surfing well covered. I've seen the famous burkinis but I personally don't feel covered enough in them. During surfing you should be able to have comfortable stretchy clothes that let you jump up in the board often so I would love to know how you can be well covered and do it. I love water and swimming but also find it hard to find all-women spaces where I can feel free to maybe wear something more comfortable. I am also super paranoid so would always be feeling that even in the dessert there is someone there lol.

Aroosak

I think we all feel different doing certain things. I for example as I said I am super paranoid with my hijab. I wouldn't even take it off in a women's bathroom when there is people around . I guess it is because I think of the following hadith: The Prophet said: "Allah is more deserving of your modesty than are the people." [Ahmad, Abu Dawood, Tirmidhee and others: Saheeh]. and also Aishah narrated that the Messenger of Allah (saw) said: "Every woman who removes her clothes other than in her house has torn down all veils of modesty between herself and Allaah." [Tirmidhee, Abu Dawood and others: Saheeh]

I am not in no way saying you would ever be of this kind of women just something that comes to my mind about hayaa :hijabi:

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Sister if you decide to go to a deserted coastline area and enjoy as Sheikh Munajjid said, please remember to take a mahram with you, OR accompany some women at least. That is for your safety, and Islam never allows any threats on Muslim woman. :)

Wassalam 'ALaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa barakatuhu dear sister

As other brothers and sisters have explained above, there is nothing wrong for us to go on swiming as long as this is according to rules of Islam, Alhadmulillah.

I would advice you dear sister that if you are not sure there will be man where you go on swiming, is better that you avoid it Inshallah and try to find places like closed " Swiming pools" which are only for woman. At my place we have pools only for Muslim woman supported by one Islamic organization, so we can go there without any fear or without doing haram.Alhamdulilah.

May Allah bless you sister and reward you for your taqwa and may Allah guide us all.

esperanza

revert of many years
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa barakatuhu dear sister

As other brothers and sisters have explained above, there is nothing wrong for us to go on swiming as long as this is according to rules of Islam, Alhadmulillah.

I would advice you dear sister that if you are not sure there will be man where you go on swiming, is better that you avoid it Inshallah and try to find places like closed " Swiming pools" which are only for woman. At my place we have pools only for Muslim woman supported by one Islamic organization, so we can go there without any fear or without doing haram.Alhamdulilah.

May Allah bless you sister and reward you for your taqwa and may Allah guide us all.

INTERESTING TOPIC..im not inot surfing but love to swim,,but have little chance
waht is wrong wiht a woman swimming in the sea if she is fully ccovered
and yes if ther was swimming just for women iwould happily go

in the uk ifound muslim women swimming but her in an islamic countire..nowomen only sports facilities

why should a woman not enjoy the pleasure of swimming inthe sea,if she is wiht her husband or family...

sachin4islam

Salaamo alaikum everyone,

I have a quick question. I'm a girl who loves to surf and I know that if I go surfing on a crowded beach, it is of course haram.

But my question is this: If I go surfing (with my hijab of course) in a place where there is literally not ONE person around to see me, is it haram still?

I mean, if I go to a stretch of deserted beach along Morocco's coast, and I know that it is well-hidden, and I'm 100% sure that there will be nobody around to see me, is it haram?

Thanks for taking the time to check this out and if you could post any references to back up your response (if you respond) I'd really appreciate it.

jazzakallahu khairan in advance.

AHC

Assalamu Alaikum:

100% surety lies with Allah (SWT) only. He is the only knower of what you know not,so heed at simplest answer to your question by Sister Aapa.

Regards.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
INTERESTING TOPIC..im not inot surfing but love to swim,,but have little chance
waht is wrong wiht a woman swimming in the sea if she is fully ccovered
and yes if ther was swimming just for women iwould happily go

in the uk ifound muslim women swimming but her in an islamic countire..nowomen only sports facilities

why should a woman not enjoy the pleasure of swimming inthe sea,if she is wiht her husband or family...

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatulah wa barakatuhu

Alhadmulillah dear sister, it is allowed for us to go on swiming and to do any other kind of sports, but of course if that is according to Islamic rulling and normes, Inshallah.

Of course dear sister that we can go on sea where are only woman( been decently dressed than as well) and where we are sure that any man will not see us there, because that can lead to haram looks and ruin our own honour and dignity. Also if that would become common practise in Muslim countries, it can lead to harm in our Islamic society.

But if it is according to Islam, of course that we can go on swiming dear sister.

I hope Inshallah I did not said something that is not understandable or wrong.:tti_sister:

May Allah guide us toward what is the best for us. Ameen.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I also went to swim in the sea of Morocco(skhirat)or oulid iya,I wore hijab and longs pants and a chemise with long sleeves.I really spent a good time there,with no malicious sight over me.if ou like surf,I don't see why you can't enjoy the sea in this way!!!!!viva il Marocco!