Is this in hadith?

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

Inshallah all my brothers and sisters here at TTI are in good health and Iman

I was sneezing tonight and on my 3rd sneeze when my husband informed me that if you sneeze 4 times you need to go to the doctor and I laughed and asked him if I needed to count my sneezes now. He said its in hadith of our Prophet (SAW) that if you sneeze 4 times you need to see a doctor. Hes not sure of the exact wording in the hadith but he said hes sure there is a hadith about sneezing. Does anyone have the answer?

Wa salam

auroran

:salam2:

I think your husband was talking about this hadith.

Hadith - Malik's Muwatta Book 54, Number 54.2.4

Malik related to me from Abdullah ibn Abi Bakr from his father that the Messenger of Allah said, "If a man sneezes, invoke a blessing on him. Then if he sneezes, invoke a blessing on him. Then if he sneezes, invoke a blessing on him. Then if he sneezes, say, 'You have a cold'." Abdullah ibn Abi Bakr said, "I don't know whether it was after the third or fourth."

I read somewhere that the Prophet :saw: was joking when he said 'You have a cold.' (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.) Someone must have thought that one has to go see a doctor after the fourth sneeze because you have a cold.

:salam2:

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
wa alaykkum assalaam wa rahmathullahi wa barakatuhu

Reported by Muslim, Book 042, Hadith Number 7128.

Chapter : Sneezing and the disapproval of yawning.

Iyas b. Salama b. al-Akwa reported that his father reported to him that he heard Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: A person sneezed in his presence and he said to him: May Allah have mercy upon you. And he then sneezed for the second time and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to him: He is suffering from cold (and no response is necessary).

Taken from Abu Dawud

Book 036, Hadith Number 5016.
------------------------------
Chapter : Not known.

Narated By AbuHurayrah : Respond three times to your brother when he sneezes, and if he sneezes more often, he has a cold in his head.

Book 036, Hadith Number 5018.
------------------------------
Chapter : Not known.

Narated By Ubayd ibn Rifa'ah az-Zuraqi : The Prophet (pbuh) said: Invoke a blessing on one who sneezes three times; (and if he sneezes more often), then if you wish to invoke a blessing on him, you may invoke, and if you wish (to stop), then stop.

Thats all i could find ukhti.

PS: last two hadith are from Abu Dawud. may be a more knowledgeable persons could explain us whether they are authentic or not.

Isra

aka Tree2008
Jazakallah khairan!!!! THIS is exactly why I turn to you my brothers and sisters at TTI for answers!!! YOu ALWAYS come through for me! I had never heard of this hadith so I am happy to know it now! Thank you a million times and I pray Allah reward you for your knowledge and effort in passing it on! Ameen

wa salam!

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Alhamdhulillah I have learnt something new from this thread. :)

Jazakumullahu Khairan all my dear brothers and sisters. :)

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh