Is this normal?

Robert.

Hello,
I just have a question.
When I look at a mosque or at Arabic Qu'ranic calligraphy, which I don't understand, I feel a sense of peace and happiness. Is this normal? Do Muslims consider it a sign of Allah that He is guiding me?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

The question is do you find peace...we keep reminders of that which gives us tranquility and serenity.
Our eyes are to seek halaal. And our senses our grateful when we seek the good.

serena77

Robert
i can't explain it either, but i do know what you mean. I felt the same way and have espcially of pictures of mosques .. there are none around here and a lot of them are facinating to me on a level because i have seen some that are quite lovely.
serena

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I enjoy seeing arabic calligraphy, even though i dont always understand it.
I also enjoy seeing minarets of a masjid. No matter worried or something I may be, when i go to the masjid and see Minarets i feel happy.

Noor El-Huda

I cannot explain the calligraphy side of it but in a general sense, this could explain it..

"Those who believe, and whose hearts find satisfaction in the remembrance of Allah. for without doubt in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction.

The Thunder , Ar-Rad, Chapter #13, Verse #28

O mankind! there hath come to you a direction from your Lord and a healing for the (diseases) in your hearts,- and for those who believe, a guidance and a Mercy.

Yunus, Chapter #10, Verse #57

* Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri and Abu Huraira reported that the Prophet, peace by upon him, said, "When any group of men remember Allah, angels surround them and mercy covers them, tranquility descends upon them, and Allah mentions them to those who are with Him." (Narrated by Muslim, Tirmidhi, Ahmad, Ibn Majah, and Bayhaqi)

a_stranger

Hello,
I just have a question.
When I look at a mosque or at Arabic Qu'ranic calligraphy, which I don't understand, I feel a sense of peace and happiness. Is this normal? Do Muslims consider it a sign of Allah that He is guiding me?

I believe that looking at Qu 'ranic calligraphy is looking at the words Allah subhanahu wa taala revealed to his prophet salla Allah alaihi wa sallam ......it is wahi : revelation ...our souls are eager to be in touch with the one who breathed them .........we need our creator, his guidance, his light to be nourished spirituality.

Aroosak

Allah has placed signs around us
They are everywhere we don't have to look far and beyond for them
The hearts belong to Allah and not to us humans and they yearn to meet
the Creator...

inquizator

I think when we see it in person, especially if one is aware of Islam as you are, then I can see how tranquility is upon you.
I feel the same way and only know a few words but it makes me feel better. I feel Order, bewilderment as to what it might say and it's actually Fine Art which makes us all feel better.
The local Mosque is a plain building with two framed deals, one is 1 Allah (I believe) and another with Allah in the middle. Allah I do know when I see it written out. How can Beauty not make us feel better.