Is this the only reason we exist?

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Assalamualikum.
To put it simple,only one thing goes with you in hereafter IMAN.Anything that contributes in the increase of your Imaan,will be with you as well in sha Allah such as your fasting,your quran,your good deeds,knowledge...etc

Any food that you feed your soul will be with you.Check out what is the food for your soul in this thread of mine.

So as a Muslim just concentrate on increasing your Imaan.This Imaan will be turned into light and the amount of light you get on The Day of Judgement to pass the Sirat(the path) depends on the amount of Imaan you have.

Why worry what you will take with you when all you need to do is to obey Allah The Exalted and please Him?

When you are a righteous person there is no need for worries.

Imaan fluctuates from time to time.Just make sure it is consistence throught out of our lives.

Allah knows the best.
Assalamualikum

really nice, but i also logically believe that what we gain (the non-physical) like knoweldge, capacity, etc. and our aspirations/dreams well they are all from our soul. I mean our body is physical, but our soul also learns and achieves things to. So things that are non-physical well doesn't it mean we take thoughs things with us to our grave (where our physicality dies). And in heaven if we lived acquardinhly we achieve something great (maybe I can find/understand many of the beyond/unseen and its keys and such..maybe gain control, or get my answers for which I didn't in this world?). Because I mean our memmories also go with us, so I mean all this non-physical thing we gain, si what our soul gains, because at death all physicalities die ;)

saif

:salam2:

As far as I can understand, one aspect of your question is beautifully answered by a short note of brother Ayman1 and the detailed article of Sheikh Munajjid. However, I feel there is another aspect of your question, which is still unanswered. I have a feeling, that you somehow think you will be missing the excitement and happiness of studying the universe in the paradise, since the way it is mostly depicted, it seems like a good place to eat, sleep, have fun and find the peace of heart. But since it is everlasting, I would dare to write, and which you did not dare to write so clearly, that it might be a boring place to be for you. Have I touched the real problem now?

My answer is very short. Have trust in the creativity of Allah. Look, this universe was created to test us. It was created to give hardships to some to test their sabr and to give some temporary bounties to some others to test their thankfulness. Yet it has so much to offer, that such people, who really would want to leave this world are scarce. If Allah can make this temporary arrangement so interesting for you, then have trust in Allah, that He will create a transformed universe, which will be much much more interesting and exciting for you.

If something is good in this world, then it is a daleel in itself, that you will not be deprived of it in Paradise. If there is happiness in getting knowledge in this world, how can you think, we will be deprived of it in hereafter.

saif

I forgot to discuss the verse 51:56 from Quran, which sister revert has quoted.

( And I created not the Jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me.)

It is vitally important to understand that verse for you. Here I want to give you some available interpretations. Let me begin with Ibn Kathir.

http://www.quran4u.com/Tafsir Ibn Kathir/051 Dhariyat.htm

His opinion is summarized in his words: " meaning, `I, Allah, only created them so that I order them to worship Me, not that I need them.' "

That means, he sees in this verse the expression of exaltedness of Allah, that it is Jinns and humans who need Him and He is not in need of anybody.

Syed Maududi (I hope it will not trigger another discussion on him) explains it by taking a wider meaning of worship and not confining it to the acts of worship, which we call ibadaat. In his opinion, everything we do within the bounds set by Allah is in the wider sense of ibaadah.

I must point out, that some groups like tablighi jamaat stress upon the narrow meaning of ibaadah, confined to 5 Pillars, for example.

Another interpretation comes from Farahi/Islahi school of thought, according to which this verse stresses that jinns and humans should live like slaves of Allah and should not spread mischief. In other words (and beware these are my words in the interpretation of their interpretation), it means something like "We have created Jinns and humans, so that they remain Our slaves (and not so that they transgress and spread mischief)"

Now the choice is yours. If you are looking for the pupose of creation, I would recommend to carefully read the verses of Quran regarding the creation of Adam. In my humble opinion, those verses, which are repeated numerously in Quran are more ellaborative towards the purpose of creation of man.

I hope it helps

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

i use a lot of bold and u usea lot of lol, lol then.
what we develop our souls in terms of knowledge aspirations and intellect we do take with ourselves.that is why a person in paradise will ask to do farming.inhadith.similarly paradise of prophets will be higher because of their knowledge of Allah .and martyrs paradise will be higher cause of their aspirations and so on.

True_Sultan

A logical believer

As far as I can understand, one aspect of your question is beautifully answered by a short note of brother Ayman1 and the detailed article of Sheikh Munajjid. However, I feel there is another aspect of your question, which is still unanswered. I have a feeling, that you somehow think you will be missing the excitement and happiness of studying the universe in the paradise, since the way it is mostly depicted, it seems like a good place to eat, sleep, have fun and find the peace of heart. But since it is everlasting, I would dare to write, and which you did not dare to write so clearly, that it might be a boring place to be for you. Have I touched the real problem now?

My answer is very short. Have trust in the creativity of Allah. Look, this universe was created to test us. It was created to give hardships to some to test their sabr and to give some temporary bounties to some others to test their thankfulness. Yet it has so much to offer, that such people, who really would want to leave this world are scarce. If Allah can make this temporary arrangement so interesting for you, then have trust in Allah, that He will create a transformed universe, which will be much much more interesting and exciting for you.

If something is good in this world, then it is a daleel in itself, that you will not be deprived of it in Paradise. If there is happiness in getting knowledge in this world, how can you think, we will be deprived of it in hereafter.

I forgot to discuss the verse 51:56 from Quran, which sister revert has quoted.

( And I created not the Jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me.)

It is vitally important to understand that verse for you. Here I want to give you some available interpretations. Let me begin with Ibn Kathir.

http://www.quran4u.com/Tafsir Ibn Kathir/051 Dhariyat.htm

His opinion is summarized in his words: " meaning, `I, Allah, only created them so that I order them to worship Me, not that I need them.' "

That means, he sees in this verse the expression of exaltedness of Allah, that it is Jinns and humans who need Him and He is not in need of anybody.

Syed Maududi (I hope it will not trigger another discussion on him) explains it by taking a wider meaning of worship and not confining it to the acts of worship, which we call ibadaat. In his opinion, everything we do within the bounds set by Allah is in the wider sense of ibaadah.

I must point out, that some groups like tablighi jamaat stress upon the narrow meaning of ibaadah, confined to 5 Pillars, for example.

Another interpretation comes from Farahi/Islahi school of thought, according to which this verse stresses that jinns and humans should live like slaves of Allah and should not spread mischief. In other words (and beware these are my words in the interpretation of their interpretation), it means something like "We have created Jinns and humans, so that they remain Our slaves (and not so that they transgress and spread mischief)"

Now the choice is yours. If you are looking for the pupose of creation, I would recommend to carefully read the verses of Quran regarding the creation of Adam. In my humble opinion, those verses, which are repeated numerously in Quran are more ellaborative towards the purpose of creation of man.

I hope it helps

If that is indeed something you meant to ask, then have no worry! Almighty God says in the holy Quran,

"For them is whatever they will in it, and We have more." (50:35)

You want the excitement of scientific discovery in Paradise? You will have more of it than you can handle. Just make sure you get there first :)

Jazaaka Allaahu Khayran, brother Saif, for the compliment.

i use a lot of bold and u usea lot of lol, lol then.
what we develop our souls in terms of knowledge aspirations and intellect we do take with ourselves.that is why a person in paradise will ask to do farming.inhadith.similarly paradise of prophets will be higher because of their knowledge of Allah .and martyrs paradise will be higher cause of their aspirations and so on.

THANK YOU BROTHERS AND SISTERS FOR ANSWERING. The last 4 post really answered the hidden question. And oo thats awesome. So I can seek find the meaning in some of my aspiration (i hope these aren't distorted aspirations) and find the infinite and beyond (the ghayb i think its called and its keys) from Allah, ask him for a glimpse of it, or try to see if there is something more beyond then the ghayb (hte beyond/infinte/*shudders* type thing) and just relax and leave peacefully with God. And I hope Allah lets me create a minature universe of my own :p and many more... :D thanks brothers :D

Also I hope I can go to heaven and wish the same for all of you to. Inshallah :D And Inshallah I will be able to understand the universe in this life and help humanity :D and create teleportation :D

also @AZAM_SIDDIQUI idk brother i just love :lol: so do you love bold then?