Is this the only reason we exist?

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Salam muliakum,

I was wondering (actually pondering) after reading the quran/listening to my mom that this life is short. So does that mean we soley exist to just follow the quran and the sunnah and the 5 pillars? If thats the case does that mean what we do outside doesn't count? I mean all our dreams/aspirations, our discoveries and such are useless? All our inventions lost? I mean don't we take anything else with us to the afterlife? Doesn't God have more then one purpose for us? Am I getting something wrong? I mean hey I wanna go to heaven to, and I wanna be connected with our lord by prayers and good deeds (it makes me feel good) but is that the only reason I am here for? Because the way i think I see it is be good and do nothing epic in this life and ask for every answer in the afterlife. Or am I getting something wrong? So does it mean me being an aerospace engineering is nothing but to get money (which in this case is nothing as well)?

:lol:

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
Everything we do is purely for the sake of Allah and not for this world. We can go to school, have dreams, have careers but Allah should always be in your life, because without Him, you would not have them, if that makes any sense.

Seek happiness and include Allah in everything!:muslim_child:

PARVEZ SHAHIDI

Salam muliakum,

I was wondering (actually pondering) after reading the quran/listening to my mom that this life is short. So does that mean we soley exist to just follow the quran and the sunnah and the 5 pillars? If thats the case does that mean what we do outside doesn't count? I mean all our dreams/aspirations, our discoveries and such are useless? All our inventions lost? I mean don't we take anything else with us to the afterlife? Doesn't God have more then one purpose for us? Am I getting something wrong? I mean hey I wanna go to heaven to, and I wanna be connected with our lord by prayers and good deeds (it makes me feel good) but is that the only reason I am here for? Because the way i think I see it is be good and do nothing epic in this life and ask for every answer in the afterlife. Or am I getting something wrong? So does it mean me being an aerospace engineering is nothing but to get money (which in this case is nothing as well)?

When you earn money in halal way, and spend on yourself and on your family will go with you, not only 5 pillars. Brother every thing you do will go with you.

If you earn money in haram way will go with you too.

May Allah SWT forgive me if I have written something wrong.

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Everything we do is purely for the sake of Allah and not for this world. We can go to school, have dreams, have careers but Allah should always be in your life, because without Him, you would not have them, if that makes any sense.

Seek happiness and include Allah in everything!:muslim_child:

When you earn money in halal way, and spend on yourself and on your family will go with you, not only 5 pillars. Brother every thing you do will go with you.

If you earn money in haram way will go with you too.

May Allah SWT forgive me if I have written something wrong.
Salam,

ahh. I was asking because say if I find the unknown or obtain something like knowledge or something, that it will be lost when I'm dead or when I go back to my friend Allah SWT. So then whats the point in chasing it? :lol:

Even I really wanna find out, understand and grasp my aspiration, be an aerospace engineer, achieve something no one else has and be rich the right way and find true love and all that stuff. :)

Btw hope your having a good ramadan brothers and sisters.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Saalam alaikum wa akhi...
good to see you after times....

Subhan Allah.
What is the reason?...well...if someone want an explaination...I'd say, He is Allah and He knows the best.
to be in this world, we need some things to do, to survive, to live on. and this is worldly thoughts. this is valid only in the rocked face of the earth. but our problem is: we try to ralate things....with this limited brain, limited resources and the funny thing is that we come with a conclusion.
If i not go so deep: one would not understand the work of Allah, until he submits himself to the will of Allah azza wa jal...and i think it makes sense....inhsaa'Allah.

I can understand what is your inqueries. try not to relate worldly thoughts and the heavenly. the world and the life in this world,both are cruel and it will always demand something in back, unnecessarily or unjustly.
Allah is one, Al-wahhab, Who bestow things without demanding anything back.

and what is life and death, it can only be understood, when someone is at the "sakarat al-maut"....think about that moment will help you to determine: what is best to do in the prescribed short time and how to utilize, the best use of the time.

JazakAllahu khair lill scientist.

wassalam

revert2007

Love Fishing
Salam muliakum,

Assalamualikum.
Let me begin with these verses

And I (Allâh) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone).
[51. Az-Zâriyât verse 56]

O ye who believe! bow down, prostrate yourselves, and adore your Lord; and do good; that ye may prosper.

[ 22. The Pilgrimage verse 77]

All mankind's ultimate goal suppose to be the life after this which is the akhirah.It is not that we are not allowed to have a comfort life in dunya such as getting maried or pursuing our dreams in the field we like but every single thing we do,must always within the limits of Quran and Sunnah.

Whatever we do in this life is for the sake of Allah.

But do not exaggerate in dunya by indulging too much in the dunya affairs.

For example,if you have a small house,be happy about it and never ever be jealous of others wealth as Allah will punish us for being ungrateful and will bring misery to ourlives.Live this life according to what Allah has provided us with.Never compare ourlives with others as our rezeks are different.Allah provides us according to what we need and our needs varies from each other.

I will end my post with these verses

002.153​
O ye who believe! Seek help with patient perseverance and prayer; for God is with those who patiently persevere.

002.155​
Be sure we shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods or lives or the fruits (of your toil), but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere,

002.156​
Who say, when afflicted with calamity: "To God We belong, and to Him is our return":

Allah knows the best
Assalamualikum

warda A

Sister
Asalam aleikum
as someone has already said, what we do in this world we carry to the after life in terms of thawab, we do good deeds it increases our weight on the scale, we do bad it does the same.
so when you aspire to be what you have and use your knowledge in doing good it will help you later as also our limbs will testify for or aganist us.

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:wasalam:

And I (Allâh) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone).
[51 : 56]

I know that any one whom reads this for the first time may think that if we were created to worship ALLAH (Ibada) then how is that possible for a human being to worship Him in whole 24 hours????????????
hm...as far as I know...simply you can do any thing in this world as far as it does not go against the lines which ALLLAH TALA has drawn... I mean
any act can be counted as an Ibaada...(worship) if you really have Ikhlaas (Having pure intention which one has when doing some thing which appears only for the sake of ALLAH)...
for example...
lets say you are gonna play .....
you can make merits of it INSHA ALLAH by purifying your intentions like..."O ALLAH im playing this with my friends 'coz You have said to maintain a good relation ship with others...and its good for my health too"....etc

MAKE EVERY THING ISLAMIC....SO YOU WONT LOOSE ANYTHING....

and as you said you are studying...whenever you sit on your table make the intention..like.."O ALLAH as Islam says that seeking knowledge is compulsory..here i am studying to please you my RABB"...and etc.............
so INSHA ALLAH every small deed will be counted as Ibadah...
IF IM WRONG...PLZ DO CORRECT ME...

Fee Amanillah

True_Sultan

A logical believer
The Prophet, peace be upon him, said, "The best of people is the one who benefits people the most." Reported and rated reasonably authentic (Hasan Saheeh) by Al-Albaani.

If your discovery or knowledge benefits people then that is its own reward in this life but God has more. He says, "Who created death and life to test you: who among you does best" (67:2)

Ah so we carry what we gain and do with us to the afterlife? but there are far greater things in the afterlife, maybe I can find/understand many of the beyond/unseen, or get my answers for which I didn't in this world? or am I still confused?

Saalam alaikum wa akhi...
good to see you after times....

Subhan Allah.
What is the reason?...well...if someone want an explaination...I'd say, He is Allah and He knows the best.
to be in this world, we need some things to do, to survive, to live on. and this is worldly thoughts. this is valid only in the rocked face of the earth. but our problem is: we try to ralate things....with this limited brain, limited resources and the funny thing is that we come with a conclusion.
If i not go so deep: one would not understand the work of Allah, until he submits himself to the will of Allah azza wa jal...and i think it makes sense....inhsaa'Allah.

I can understand what is your inqueries. try not to relate worldly thoughts and the heavenly. the world and the life in this world,both are cruel and it will always demand something in back, unnecessarily or unjustly.
Allah is one, Al-wahhab, Who bestow things without demanding anything back.

and what is life and death, it can only be understood, when someone is at the "sakarat al-maut"....think about that moment will help you to determine: what is best to do in the prescribed short time and how to utilize, the best use of the time.

JazakAllahu khair lill scientist.

wassalam

Yes this world is cruel. So your saying we don't know what is in store for us in the afterlife? Well true and all, but from what I heard it sounded like the things we gain in this life is gonna be invalid in the next? So why do it? Thats what I thought :(

Assalamualikum.
Let me begin with these verses

[51. Az-Zâriyât verse 56]

O ye who believe! bow down, prostrate yourselves, and adore your Lord; and do good; that ye may prosper.

[ 22. The Pilgrimage verse 77]

All mankind's ultimate goal suppose to be the life after this which is the akhirah.It is not that we are not allowed to have a comfort life in dunya such as getting maried or pursuing our dreams in the field we like but every single thing we do,must always within the limits of Quran and Sunnah.

Whatever we do in this life is for the sake of Allah.

But do not exaggerate in dunya by indulging too much in the dunya affairs.

For example,if you have a small house,be happy about it and never ever be jealous of others wealth as Allah will punish us for being ungrateful and will bring misery to ourlives.Live this life according to what Allah has provided us with.Never compare ourlives with others as our rezeks are different.Allah provides us according to what we need and our needs varies from each other.

I will end my post with these verses

002.153​
O ye who believe! Seek help with patient perseverance and prayer; for God is with those who patiently persevere.

002.155​
Be sure we shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods or lives or the fruits (of your toil), but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere,

002.156​
Who say, when afflicted with calamity: "To God We belong, and to Him is our return":

Allah knows the best
Assalamualikum

Yes I see your point kinda. We have to do every action with the memory of Allah right? but with every action we do and with everything we gain (non-physical things, like knowledge, power, ability, capacity) we loose it all when we die. Isn't that true? :(

Asalam aleikum
as someone has already said, what we do in this world we carry to the after life in terms of thawab, we do good deeds it increases our weight on the scale, we do bad it does the same.
so when you aspire to be what you have and use your knowledge in doing good it will help you later as also our limbs will testify for or aganist us.

Yes we will be held accountible, but thats only a record of what we did, so what we gain from doing it, is lost. From what I think.

:wasalam:

[51 : 56]

I know that any one whom reads this for the first time may think that if we were created to worship ALLAH (Ibada) then how is that possible for a human being to worship Him in whole 24 hours????????????
hm...as far as I know...simply you can do any thing in this world as far as it does not go against the lines which ALLLAH TALA has drawn... I mean
any act can be counted as an Ibaada...(worship) if you really have Ikhlaas (Having pure intention which one has when doing some thing which appears only for the sake of ALLAH)...
for example...
lets say you are gonna play .....
you can make merits of it INSHA ALLAH by purifying your intentions like..."O ALLAH im playing this with my friends 'coz You have said to maintain a good relation ship with others...and its good for my health too"....etc

MAKE EVERY THING ISLAMIC....SO YOU WONT LOOSE ANYTHING....

and as you said you are studying...whenever you sit on your table make the intention..like.."O ALLAH as Islam says that seeking knowledge is compulsory..here i am studying to please you my RABB"...and etc.............
so INSHA ALLAH every small deed will be counted as Ibadah...
IF IM WRONG...PLZ DO CORRECT ME...

Fee Amanillah

Yes I always try to keep Allah in my mind :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it just me or does it seem that life is like education (high school, univeristy) and we are in like a final exam in which it decides our future? :p

arzafar

here is a very good answer by sheikh munajjid to a related question.
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/69747

actually the sheikh has the 'knack'. He is an engineer!

perhaps that's one of the reasons why his views on issues of fiqh tend to strike a chord with me.

True_Sultan

A logical believer

here is a very good answer by sheikh munajjid to a related question.
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/69747

actually the sheikh has the 'knack'. He is an engineer!

perhaps that's one of the reasons why his views on issues of fiqh tend to strike a chord with me.

Well yes its true, we can delve in worldly matter but make sure not to create an obsession over it. Which is also true, but for all the things we gain (thats non-physical I mean) do we loose them when we die? Or do we gain something even better? Or reach something higher in the hear after? like finding out some of the beyond/infinte/unseen/unknown/*shudders* type thing. Or even find the answer like whats at the end of the universe from Allah himself in the afterlife? Or am i still missing something? :SMILY309: :lol:

AdamMuslim

AssalamouAlikom Warahmatou Allah,

Brother, why are you asking yourself such question when you know very well that no one here could ever give you a definitive answer since no one has ever been in the hereafter ?

I do not think that there is evidence from Qur'an and Sunnah that allows us to properly answers your question. Then why bother asking this kind of question in the first place ?

Brother this is some kind of evil whisperings to make you forget about doing useful deeds.

The companions (may Allah be pleased with them) also suffered from the evil whisperings and we know as a fact that they choose to not reveal it to anybody else and there is lots of evidences in this direction.

Indeed, the companion Uthman Ibn Affan (may Allah be pleased with him) once said, in the presence of Abou Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him): I wish I have asked the prophet PBUH what we should do to be saved from evil whisperings. Abou Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) responded: "I have asked him that and he said "You should say what I have ordered my uncle to say". Meaning There is no God But Allah (La Ilaha Illa Allah).

And Allah knows best,

Wassalam

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Yes this world is cruel. So your saying we don't know what is in store for us in the afterlife? Well true and all, but from what I heard it sounded like the things we gain in this life is gonna be invalid in the next? So why do it? Thats what I thought :(

Saalam alaikum

Subhan Allah

I've got what was your question, so I replied you so.
I've got what is your inquiry.
the thing is: we need to do things for this life, we got do to research and things to know the wisdom behind the creation of Allah.
by the Lord of the heaven and Earth, didnt every research make us think of the Almighty? may be the disbelievers dont see, but we see, alhamdu li Allah. we need things, like studies, research to do both: to live smoothly in this world and to find the wisdom of the Creator, Allah.

and what is in this world, what we do to survive, it is only valid in this world, coz you didnt do it to be in the next world!!
but if you do what Allah says, you pray and fulfill the things of Islam, and you do things for the sake of Allah, that will be deposited for the next life, inshaa'Allah.
but brother...both are needed.
and Allah subhanahu wa ta'la knows the best

anything you need, you can ask, i think there are lot to answer you and we can have a healthy conversation. inshaa'Allah

wassalamu alaikum

True_Sultan

A logical believer
AssalamouAlikom Warahmatou Allah,

Brother, why are you asking yourself such question when you know very well that no one here could ever give you a definitive answer since no one has ever been in the hereafter ?

I do not think that there is evidence from Qur'an and Sunnah that allows us to properly answers your question. Then why bother asking this kind of question in the first place ?

Brother this is some kind of evil whisperings to make you forget about doing useful deeds.

The companions (may Allah be pleased with them) also suffered from the evil whisperings and we know as a fact that they choose to not reveal it to anybody else and there is lots of evidences in this direction.

Indeed, the companion Uthman Ibn Affan (may Allah be pleased with him) once said, in the presence of Abou Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him): I wish I have asked the prophet PBUH what we should do to be saved from evil whisperings. Abou Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) responded: "I have asked him that and he said "You should say what I have ordered my uncle to say". Meaning There is no God But Allah (La Ilaha Illa Allah).

And Allah knows best,

Wassalam

I guess you are right in one sense.

Saalam alaikum

Subhan Allah

I've got what was your question, so I replied you so.
I've got what is your inquiry.
the thing is: we need to do things for this life, we got do to research and things to know the wisdom behind the creation of Allah.
by the Lord of the heaven and Earth, didnt every research make us think of the Almighty? may be the disbelievers dont see, but we see, alhamdu li Allah. we need things, like studies, research to do both: to live smoothly in this world and to find the wisdom of the Creator, Allah.

and what is in this world, what we do to survive, it is only valid in this world, coz you didnt do it to be in the next world!!
but if you do what Allah says, you pray and fulfill the things of Islam, and you do things for the sake of Allah, that will be deposited for the next life, inshaa'Allah.
but brother...both are needed.
and Allah subhanahu wa ta'la knows the best

anything you need, you can ask, i think there are lot to answer you and we can have a healthy conversation. inshaa'Allah

wassalamu alaikum

I'd like to have an awesome conversation actually. :D Anyway you are right in a way that in the world we need to do things to help us strive in this world. So yes all the research and such is useful. but I was thinking that all the things we learn, obtain (non-physical, like knowledge) well our souls learn, so wouldn't that mean (logically) we will carry it to the afterlife to? Like my aspiration :D

Also from all this, i learned that well, life is like the final exam of school. and it decides our fate for our life (the afterlife) =D

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

SUbhanallah.
brother even a non muslim or unbeliever knws that
in the graveyard the baron and the sweeper lie side by side,the PhD and the dropout lie side by side.these guys who literally chase their 'aspirations' as to all that is there know that oneday they will leave everything behind.imagine.they know it very well.all these supersuccessful ppl -with knowledge ,power,true love,lol etc they all know it.
in that these successful ppl are not successful because they have already lost to death.
think albert weinstien.think gandhi, think kennedy, think pharoah,think nimrud.

but coming to ur point now think also prophet solomon(sulaiman), his father david(daud),prophet yusuf ,subhanallah they were kings
yes they were true believers and have returned to Allah where HE will welcome and reward them.

read this inshallah "My Lord, You have granted power to me on earth and taught me the true meaning of events. Originator of the heavens and earth, You are my Friend in this world and the Next. So take me as a Muslim at my death and join me to the people who are righteous." (Surah Yusuf: 101)

As we have seen, Prophet Yusuf (as) was aware that all the attributes he possessed, both the material benefits and his knowledge and reason, had been given to him by Allah . Those who deny true religion, on the other hand, believe that they acquire everything through their own efforts, thus magnifying themselves in their own eyes and displaying ingratitude for Allah's blessings.

Prophet Yusuf's prayer (as) as recorded in the above verse is another expression of his faith and fear of Allah. Despite being a prophet chosen by Allah, he wishes to die as a believer and join the community of the righteous. Nothing is taken for granted with respect to his position in the hereafter. He has a genuine fear of Allah and calls upon Him in his need.

This is the kind of understanding and behaviour befitting a believer. Those who regard themselves as worthy of the Garden, who claim that as beloved servants of Allah they will definitely be saved in the hereafter, and who belittle other people in their pride, are in a heedless state. The true believer, on the other hand, is always submissive in the face of Allah , is always mindful of jeopardising His good pleasure, and acts with the humility this awareness brings with it.

The duty of every Muslim is to be a sincere, submissive, devout and humble believer, just like Prophet Yusuf (as) and to pray with all sincerity, "So take me as a Muslim at my death and join me to the people who are righteous."

Throughout this book we have been examining the life of Prophet Yusuf (as) in the light of the details given in the Qur'an. Our only reliable source of knowledge about his life is that provided for us by Allah. Beyond that, we have absolutely no right to add or subtract even a single word. Allah has in fact indicated this, revealing that everything that has been related regarding Prophet Yusuf (as) actually consists of unknown things. The story of Prophet Yusuf (as) concludes with these words:

This is news of the Unseen which We reveal to you. You were not with them when they decided what to do and devised their scheme. (Surah Yusuf: 102)

In revealing this information to us, Allah both teaches us important wisdom, which we can use in our own lives, and has also made it easier for us to take the prophets of the past as role models by allowing us to become acquainted with them. With the exception of true dreams (which as we have seen from the evidence of Prophet Yusuf's own life, are not ordinary or everyday occurrences), we have no opportunity of actually seeing Prophet Yusuf (as), Prophet Ya'qub (as) or any other prophet while we remain in this world. However, careful reading of the Qur'an and deep consideration of the lives of the prophets, seeing the environment they lived in and their exemplary behaviour clearly in our minds' eye and striving to understand it, may allow us to become acquainted with the prophets and to make use of their superior perceptiveness, spirituality and nearness to Allah.

Everyone who reads this book must therefore reflect upon it carefully. They must consider the wisdom of the prophets Ya'qub (as) and Yusuf (as) and work out how to make that wisdom part of their daily lives. If a person abandons hope in the face of the troubles and woes that befall him, or if he says, "This is going to be very difficult to put right, there is nothing we can do," when he sees the plight of Muslims, then we should know that this is terrible heedlessness. We should remember the patience, determination and firm, unshakeable faith in Allah of Prophet Yusuf (as), who was thrown down a well, then sold cheaply as a slave, slandered, imprisoned for no crime and abandoned there for years. That is how to rid oneself of defeatism and despair. We must remember that in spite of the calamitous events that befell Prophet Yusuf (as) that seemed to be so great on the surface, he was freed from them in a moment by the generosity and mercy of Allah, and secured a great blessing.

Never forget that in the present day, just like in the time of Prophet Yusuf (as), there is a flawless Divine plan operating in every single event, and that Allah creates everything that happens under His good auspices and wisdom. Do not forget that Allah has power over all things, and that He always helps those who have faith and are sincerely devoted to Him, who devoutly seek to serve Him and follow His Messenger (saas). He gives believers blessings at times when they are least expected, and helps them in unforeseen ways. A human being's sole duty is to worship Allah on the basis of these truths, and to live his life accordingly.

True_Sultan

A logical believer
SUbhanallah.
brother even a non muslim or unbeliever knws that
in the graveyard the baron and the sweeper lie side by side,the PhD and the dropout lie side by side.these guys who literally chase their 'aspirations' as to all that is there know that oneday they will leave everything behind.imagine.they know it very well.all these supersuccessful ppl -with knowledge ,power,true love,lol etc they all know it.
in that these successful ppl are not successful because they have already lost to death.
think albert weinstien.think gandhi, think kennedy, think pharoah,think nimrud.

but coming to ur point now think also prophet solomon(sulaiman), his father david(daud),prophet yusuf ,subhanallah they were kings
yes they were true believers and have returned to Allah where HE will welcome and reward them.

read this inshallah "My Lord, You have granted power to me on earth and taught me the true meaning of events. Originator of the heavens and earth, You are my Friend in this world and the Next. So take me as a Muslim at my death and join me to the people who are righteous." (Surah Yusuf: 101)

As we have seen, Prophet Yusuf (as) was aware that all the attributes he possessed, both the material benefits and his knowledge and reason, had been given to him by Allah . Those who deny true religion, on the other hand, believe that they acquire everything through their own efforts, thus magnifying themselves in their own eyes and displaying ingratitude for Allah's blessings.

Prophet Yusuf's prayer (as) as recorded in the above verse is another expression of his faith and fear of Allah. Despite being a prophet chosen by Allah, he wishes to die as a believer and join the community of the righteous. Nothing is taken for granted with respect to his position in the hereafter. He has a genuine fear of Allah and calls upon Him in his need.

This is the kind of understanding and behaviour befitting a believer. Those who regard themselves as worthy of the Garden, who claim that as beloved servants of Allah they will definitely be saved in the hereafter, and who belittle other people in their pride, are in a heedless state. The true believer, on the other hand, is always submissive in the face of Allah , is always mindful of jeopardising His good pleasure, and acts with the humility this awareness brings with it.

The duty of every Muslim is to be a sincere, submissive, devout and humble believer, just like Prophet Yusuf (as) and to pray with all sincerity, "So take me as a Muslim at my death and join me to the people who are righteous."

Throughout this book we have been examining the life of Prophet Yusuf (as) in the light of the details given in the Qur'an. Our only reliable source of knowledge about his life is that provided for us by Allah. Beyond that, we have absolutely no right to add or subtract even a single word. Allah has in fact indicated this, revealing that everything that has been related regarding Prophet Yusuf (as) actually consists of unknown things. The story of Prophet Yusuf (as) concludes with these words:

This is news of the Unseen which We reveal to you. You were not with them when they decided what to do and devised their scheme. (Surah Yusuf: 102)

In revealing this information to us, Allah both teaches us important wisdom, which we can use in our own lives, and has also made it easier for us to take the prophets of the past as role models by allowing us to become acquainted with them. With the exception of true dreams (which as we have seen from the evidence of Prophet Yusuf's own life, are not ordinary or everyday occurrences), we have no opportunity of actually seeing Prophet Yusuf (as), Prophet Ya'qub (as) or any other prophet while we remain in this world. However, careful reading of the Qur'an and deep consideration of the lives of the prophets, seeing the environment they lived in and their exemplary behaviour clearly in our minds' eye and striving to understand it, may allow us to become acquainted with the prophets and to make use of their superior perceptiveness, spirituality and nearness to Allah.

Everyone who reads this book must therefore reflect upon it carefully. They must consider the wisdom of the prophets Ya'qub (as) and Yusuf (as) and work out how to make that wisdom part of their daily lives. If a person abandons hope in the face of the troubles and woes that befall him, or if he says, "This is going to be very difficult to put right, there is nothing we can do," when he sees the plight of Muslims, then we should know that this is terrible heedlessness. We should remember the patience, determination and firm, unshakeable faith in Allah of Prophet Yusuf (as), who was thrown down a well, then sold cheaply as a slave, slandered, imprisoned for no crime and abandoned there for years. That is how to rid oneself of defeatism and despair. We must remember that in spite of the calamitous events that befell Prophet Yusuf (as) that seemed to be so great on the surface, he was freed from them in a moment by the generosity and mercy of Allah, and secured a great blessing.

Never forget that in the present day, just like in the time of Prophet Yusuf (as), there is a flawless Divine plan operating in every single event, and that Allah creates everything that happens under His good auspices and wisdom. Do not forget that Allah has power over all things, and that He always helps those who have faith and are sincerely devoted to Him, who devoutly seek to serve Him and follow His Messenger (saas). He gives believers blessings at times when they are least expected, and helps them in unforeseen ways. A human being's sole duty is to worship Allah on the basis of these truths, and to live his life accordingly.

so one should be happy thanking Allah and asking forgivenes

Salam brother,

Where do you find such good materials? Also why did u write most in bold :lol: Anyway did u understand my question? I agree with everything you said about the prophets and that we should live acquardinly for our own good. I also agree with Yusuf (PBHU) as it is true. Allah is our friend. But i mean what we gain (the non-physical) like knoweldge, capacity, etc. and our aspirations/dreams well they are all from our soul. I mean our body is physical, but our soul also learns and achieves things to. So things that are non-physical well doesn't it mean we take thoughs things with us to our grave (where our physicality dies). And in heaven if we lived acquardinhly we achieve something great (maybe I can find/understand many of the beyond/unseen and its keys and such..maybe gain control, or get my answers for which I didn't in this world?)? So in turn this life is like school?

hope I'm saying the right things :lol:

Amir_of_spain

"So does it mean me being an aerospace engineering is nothing but to get money (which in this case is nothing as well)?"

Asalam wialkium, a brief answer here: HARD-WORK, PLAY, AMUSEMENT, RESEARCH, these are all necessities of life, it is part of the arena of life that we all must do in order for the world to continue and for societies to exist. BUT THESE ONLY MAKE UP THE NECESSITIES OF LIFE NOT OUR PURPOSE. The sole reason for our existence comes from understanding we are created by a transcendal all powerful knowing creator who we must seek to gain his pleasure, passing his tasks ie good vs evil, this is what makes us human, this is the purpose of humanity, for more details please refer to the holy Quran.

Amirrrr

True_Sultan

A logical believer
"So does it mean me being an aerospace engineering is nothing but to get money (which in this case is nothing as well)?"

Asalam wialkium, a brief answer here: HARD-WORK, PLAY, AMUSEMENT, RESEARCH, these are all necessities of life, it is part of the arena of life that we all must do in order for the world to continue and for societies to exist. BUT THESE ONLY MAKE UP THE NECESSITIES OF LIFE NOT OUR PURPOSE. The sole reason for our existence comes from understanding we are created by a transcendal all powerful knowing creator who we must seek to gain his pleasure, passing his tasks ie good vs evil, this is what makes us human, this is the purpose of humanity, for more details please refer to the holy Quran.

Amirrrr

really true as well, but couldn't there be more than one purpose for each of us individual as Allah has created and gave us different traits and such? Also i mean to say is that what we gain (the non-physical) like knoweldge, capacity, etc. and our aspirations/dreams well they are all from our soul. I mean our body is physical, but our soul also learns and achieves things to. So things that are non-physical well doesn't it mean we take thoughs things with us to our grave (where our physicality dies). And in heaven if we lived acquardinhly we achieve something great (maybe I can find/understand many of the beyond/unseen and its keys and such..maybe gain control, or get my answers for which I didn't in this world?)? So in turn this life is like school?

hope I'm saying the right things :lol:

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalamualikum.
To put it simple,only one thing goes with you in hereafter IMAN.Anything that contributes in the increase of your Imaan,will be with you as well in sha Allah such as your fasting,your quran,your good deeds,knowledge...etc

Any food that you feed your soul will be with you.Check out what is the food for your soul in this thread of mine.

So as a Muslim just concentrate on increasing your Imaan.This Imaan will be turned into light and the amount of light you get on The Day of Judgement to pass the Sirat(the path) depends on the amount of Imaan you have.

Why worry what you will take with you when all you need to do is to obey Allah The Exalted and please Him?

When you are a righteous person there is no need for worries.

Imaan fluctuates from time to time.Just make sure it is consistence throught out of our lives.

Allah knows the best.
Assalamualikum