Question: Is turning to Islam a phase?

is wearing a Hijab a phase

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To Everyone, Thank you

I was born a Muslim.
Since my mother passed away 4 months ago, i have started to read Quran with Tafseer every Friday, praying 5x and covering my hair etc.

Prior to my mum passing ( inalilahi wainalilahi rajoon), i was not a practicing Muslim unfor.

My Issue : My sister has openly consistently told me that I am going through a phase of covering my hair ( praying etc)

My sister herself doesn't physically pray, cover up nor read the Quran in her adult life.

Is this a phase?
:girl3::dua:

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam:

Dearest sister, even if it is a phase, its a good phase and you have to try and keep this phase going for as long as you can. Allah will ask us when we die whether we performed our prayers or not? What do you want to reply then? Allah has commanded women to cover their hair and lower their gaze. Tell me, is there anything wrong with following Allah's orders?

Take it easy. Allah is merciful with you and He is asking you to turn to Him, and to depend on Him always.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
Salam aleikum
Don`t let anyone put you down, you seem to be on the right path and it can be a phase only if you let it be a phase. You are the only one who has power over your life, with Allah`s help.
All the best, don`t worry.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Wa`alaikum salaam

No it isn't! Alhamdulillaah, I'm really glad to hear that you are practicing now--this is how you were meant to be, sister, so keep up the good work. Don't let her words get to you inshaa'Allaah.

Izache Corzo

Assalaamu Álaykum Sis,

I had to go through something hard and then on top of that my mom just passed last November and that sealed it for me. I returned to Islam. I've heard it said that Allah will make a person turn to Him. I don't know if I'm saying that right. But yeah, the pain was so much and I found comfort in turning back to Allah and I truly believe that I will never turn back. I've just been stepping it up from there. Alhmadulillah. People will believe what they want. What matters is what's in your heart. Only you can know your intentions. You and Allah. Are you going through a phase...I can't answer that, but I hope you remain a muslimah.
Your sis in Islam,
Izache
:hijaby:

Last edited:

TXMuslimah

If your practicing is a phase sister, I hope for you it is one that lasts until you return to jannah. Everyone has their reasons for turning to Allah. Once you recognize the importance, please don't ever turn away. I think your sister is jealous that you have found a way to peace. Do not let her discourage you. In fact, do everything you can to help her achieve the same peace. I think she will be glad.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Phases depend on how certain we are of the actions we do. If you love the hijaab, you will keep at it. If you're half hearted, someone else's judgement will become your weakness, the constant conversation in your head that will lead you to questioning your conviction or you might even give yourself alternatives, choose easier, less fulfilling options. That's the path you want to avoid, and instead just keep at it, be it anything. Keep at it until you've reached that constant where you can , hopefully, only go up a level and not come down. And as the sisters have said, even if it a phase, it's a good one, a divine intervention in your life, welcome it and rejoice that you've been chosen for it. Remember this, a sign I read everyday: the greatest pleasure in life is doing what other people say you cannot do :)

Izache Corzo

:dishes: Hey Sis...I was thinking about you. You should watch this Youtube video: Be Opposite The Disbelievers by Imam Siraj Wahajj. It's time is 31:05 minutes long. Listen to the whole thing. Very beneficial and I think you will find it to be very uplifting.:SMILY126: Dispel some of what you're feeling maybe. Let me know if you want the link, if you can't find it. There are plenty of sisters here to help you get through this, okay. Don't give up. :SMILY259:

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Assalamo 'alaikom
No it's not a phase,it might have been born as a reaction to a grief.It's a positive thing,nevertheless.Allah swt wants you to turn to Him.Sometimes "He has to break you,in order to make you",as Sr Yasmin Mogahed says.
Be assured in sha Allah,if you hold on to this,this is the path to success and true attainment.