Is using toothpaste in ramadan allowed?

islamdonlyway

:salam2: hope everyone good !

I just had one questions. Is using Toothpaste allowed in ramadan? i have heard the opinion is divided, but i want a more clearer answer if possible. Lets get real, its hard to communicate with your peers if you do not brush your teeth. How the hell can you talk to them ?.

MeGladder

Will brushing teeth break your fast?

Praise be to Allaah

If tooth paste does not get into the throat, then the fast is not broken. However, it would be better to use tooth paste at night and to Sewaak at day time.

Also see the book "70 Matters Related to Fasting" .

May Allah guide us to his obedience.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Source: http://islamqa.info/en/ref/1312

UmmTalal

Alhumdullah!
Wa Alaykum Salam, I do not use mouth wash when I fast bc you put it into your throat and if one tiny drop goes down your fast is broke, its not worth it. YES, you can brush your teeth please everyone do lol but also use miswak throughout your day is sunnah.

islamdonlyway

Will brushing teeth break your fast?

Praise be to Allaah

If tooth paste does not get into the throat, then the fast is not broken. However, it would be better to use tooth paste at night and to Sewaak at day time.

Also see the book "70 Matters Related to Fasting" .

May Allah guide us to his obedience.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Source: http://islamqa.info/en/ref/1312

Brother i don't understand this. If you brush at night and go to sleep, you still get a bad breath when you wake up in the morning. How is this the solution?

MeGladder

Brother i don't understand this. If you brush at night and go to sleep, you still get a bad breath when you wake up in the morning. How is this the solution?

:salam2:

You can use Miswak at day time. And if toothpaste does not get into your throat, your fast will NOT be broken. So, you can use toothpaste provided it does not get into your throat.