Is your Facebook profile acceptable by Allah?

Hydden

Assalaam walaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!

Hello, hello. The question simplifies it all....Moving on....

Say yes or no to the following questions:
-Do you have pictures of you and your friends in your profile?
-Do you have random and useless memes and troll pictures, comics, etc.?
-Do you post statuses other which is seen as a waste by Allah (subhana wa taala)? (I don't know how else do I put this sentence...)

If yes to everything, I request you to PURIFY your profile!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say this because:
-Pictures of living things that have souls are haram (plants, trees, flowers, etc. are exceptions).
-If you share sunnat revivals, you please Allah (subhana wa taala).
-Do the 'purification' of your profile to save yourself from examination and punishment on the Day of Judgement.

(I wonder if playing computer games are allowed when you are totally free...)

On a side note, are smilies permissible?

On another side note, can I do kaza namaz instead of the complete one? Because I'm a coward who is in a very tight situation....I'll post this problem in another thread.

Uh, so I didn't troll around, right? RIGHT? (Mmmrrrrmrph. I give advice to others yet I barely follow it. Hmph.)

Allah Hafiz.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

I think Yes to a lot of those questions! But, it is quite minimal, and I do not spend a lot of time on FB.

We are updating this site, and in sha Allah we are going to be a better place to be than FB. in sha Allah!

Hydden

wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

I think Yes to a lot of those questions! But, it is quite minimal, and I do not spend a lot of time on FB.

We are updating this site, and in sha Allah we are going to be a better place to be than FB. in sha Allah!

Aye, yes. But what about my side questions? :/

WannabeHijabi

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
I deliberately made a point of deleting my old FB profile for these reasons. I wasted far too much time on it which I'll freely admit could be used for other, more useful, things such as reading Qur'an.

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
Pictures of living things that have souls are haram (plants, trees, flowers, etc. are exceptions).
Do the 'purification' of your profile to save yourself from examination and punishment on the Day of Judgement.

Hard copy of pictures are haram, digital only format is not haram.

And FB is more than just share islamic info only. Yes, people waste time on there and need to get a life but at the same time, many people connect to their friends and family they normally wouldn't have time to keep in touch with. The sahabas laughed, joked and enjoyed life. it was not dawah dawah dawah 24/7. We should adhere to our deen and propagate it but doesn't mean we shouldn't have other normal aspects of life. And of course, too much of anything is not good so all such things should be avoided, be it online or offline.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
many times my mum asked me to subscribe on FB,but I've always refused,It isn't a sure place where to stay,above all people share their affairs and some unknowns rate their posts or ask friendships.it seems to be a kind of "zina" between male and females.there are those who think that I'm fanatic,because I don't want to show my face on internet and that of my children,do you agree or am I really so?I fear that the face can be seen from some bad persons who can do what they want.Internet is a place where everybody can see,only Allah can do it.have you ever asked why we can see so far and all what it can be impossible without internet?"The All seeing eye" tell you something?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
many times my mum asked me to subscribe on FB,but I've always refused,It isn't a sure place where to stay,above all people share their affairs and some unknowns rate their posts or ask friendships.it seems to be a kind of "zina" between male and females.there are those who think that I'm fanatic,because I don't want to show my face on internet and that of my children,do you agree or am I really so?I fear that the face can be seen from some bad persons who can do what they want.Internet is a place where everybody can see,only Allah can do it.have you ever asked why we can see so far and all what it can be impossible without internet?"The All seeing eye" tell you something?

What if you can choose only sisters? Not allow men to contact you, and you can choose picture that is not your face?

A lot of people spend time on FB, for both good and bad reasons. For some time I have been thinking to make TTI into an Islamic social network. It will have none of the problems that Facebook has, whilst you are able to learn, share and meet more sisters / brothers. Also collaboration, so that important topics can be shared together, in a single place. We also need a better mobile presence. - Eventually we can put in place features so that you can use the site with the Islamic privacy that you want. e.g. a sister might not want to be messaged by brothers, or see their pictures etc, but you can read any beneficial articles they share in public. -- Times are changing, if we really want to reach out to the most people, we also have to think wider, change, but without compromising on our Islam.

In a few days I will launch a new part to the website, where we can share articles, videos and photos - on different Islamic topics, but also to show off the beauty of the Islamic world i.e. different countries etc - At first we will choose members to help out, the articles must be based on the Quran and Sunnah and edited in the right way. We also are open for any brothers and sisters who want to help translate content or add things in different languages. in sha Allah.

After that, we can have other features, but one step at a time.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I already like tti and use the little space of time I have to log in.about FB,brother Mabsoot,there is another reason why I avoid that world:my husband disagrees,and I have to follow his rule.I don't want to go over the respect that there is between us.I also am a person who likes to speak face to face,this forum is an exception,but facebook is a virtual world,and at the moment I prefere to stay on this terrestrial world,even if it's ugly

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
I already like tti and use the little space of time I have to log in.about FB,brother Mabsoot,there is another reason why I avoid that world:my husband disagrees,and I have to follow his rule.I don't want to go over the respect that there is between us.I also am a person who likes to speak face to face,this forum is an exception,but facebook is a virtual world,and at the moment I prefere to stay on this terrestrial world,even if it's ugly

That is a good point sister. We will make a few changes on the site, but, keep in mind we are not copying Facebook!