Islaam Easy to Practice/Beneficial for Society

ayman

La Ilaha Illa Allah
Staff member
By: Sheikh Salih B. Uthaimeen

Introduction

All praise belongs to Allah, Who created the heavens and earth, darkness and light. Blessed is He who created death and life in order to test which of you is best at doing righteous deeds.

He is the Mighty, The Forgiving. Praise belongs to Allah who laid the law for His creatures and made the laws for them to follow. He commands them to what purifies their souls.

I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except Allah, who has no equal, associate, companion or offspring. To Him belongs sovereignty and praise.

And I bear witness that Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa salaam) is His servant and Messenger. Allah sent him with warnings and glad tidings. May Allah mention him, his family, and companions, and all who follow their guidance, to His angels. And may He grant them security.

Admonition

To proceed:O mankind have fear of Allah. Allah says:

“O mankind, fear your Lord (by keeping your duty to Him, by doing what He has ordered and forsaking what He has forbidden). And fear a Day when the parent will not be able to help the child in anything. Nor the child be able to help the parent. Verily the promise of Allah is true. Let not this worldly life deceive you, nor let (satan) the deceiver deceive you about Allah” [Surah Luqman 31:33]

And He says:

“O mankind, the promise of Allah is true. So do not this worldly life deceive you, nor let (Satan) the deceiver deceive you about Allah. Verily Satan is your enemy. So take him as an enemy. He o*!nly summons his followers to be companions of the blazing fire.” [Surah Fatir 35: 5-6]

On Judgement Day, you will ask to be away from Satan and his followers, and satan will say:

“Allah promised you and His promise is true. And I also promised you, but I betrayed you. I had no authority over you except that I called you, so you responded to me. So blame me not, but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can you help me. I deny your former act in associating me (satan) as a partner with Allah (by obeying me in the life of the world). Verily, there is a painful torment for the {Zalimun} (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc.).” [Surah Ibrahim 14:22]

Then the wrong doers will curse each other and say if we had o*!nly listened or thought about our faith, we would not be inhabitants of the fire.

Satan’s Plot

O muslims, part of satan’s plot is to make Islam look very displeasing and hard, so that we don’t follow it, or even flee from it. He makes your religion seem like it restricts your freedom, it constricts your life, and prevents your progressing and having a good life. If we we were to reflect o*!n our religion, we would see that it is free of everything the enemies of Islam accuse it of. In fact, our religion is the opposite of those accusations. This religion is the religion of happiness, ease, and expansion.

Islam is Built o*!n Five

Dear Muslims, this religion is built upon five pillars:

(1) Testifying that none has the right to be worshipped except Allah, and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.
(2) Establishing the five daily prayers.
(3) Paying the zakat.
(4) Fasting during the month of Ramadan.
(5) Making pilgrimage to the House (the Kaba in Mecca)

These five pillars are very easy. All of them improve o*!ne’s character and makes o*!ne’s heart peaceful and sound.

1st Part of the Testimony of Faith

Testifying that none has the right to be worshipped except Allah frees the hurt from the worship and deification of any of Allah’s creatures. Anyone who testifies that none has the right to be worshipped except Allah becomes a servant with respect to Allah and a free person with respect to Allah’s creation. It is the height of stupidity to switch from the worship of Allah to the worship of o*!ne’s desires, this worldly life, a human being, or an object.

2nd Part of the Testimony of Faith

Testifying that Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa salaam) is the messenger of Allah denounces the following of anyone of the creatures except the Messenger of the Lord of creation. Allah sent him for the purpose of explaining His message to us. Allah has invited us to follow Him.

Who Did You Follow?

On Judgement Day, Allah’s Messengers will be asked if they conveyed the message, and you will be asked if you followed Muhammad. Allah says:

“Then surely, We shall question those (people) to whom it (the Book) was sent and verily, We shall question the Messengers.” [Surah Al-A’raf 7:6]

Every human will follow a pre-destined path. This path is either the path of the prophets or the path of the misguided. See which of these paths is the path of guidance and righteousness.

The Prayer

Concerning the prayer, it is easy and simple. It is beneficial to the individual and society. The prayer is the connection between you and your Lord. You seek, while you stand in humility before Him, to get close to Him. The prayer satisfies your worldly and spiritual needs and wipes away your sins and allows you to meet the righteous souls. It also keeps you from evil and sinful deeds.

The Zakat

Concerning paying the zakat, it is a well known right that the owner of wealth gives of his wealth to make equity between his brothers and sisters, and it makes Islam strong. The amount of zakat is a very small portion of o*!ne’s wealth, o*!nly 2.5%. What could be easier than the paying of zakat? And what better purification from a stingy character is there than the paying of zakat? The paying of zakat estinguishes sins like water extinguishes fire.

Fasting

Concerning fasting during the month of Ramadan; for o*!ne month of the year. During the day light hours, a person holds back his desire for food, drink and sex to get closer to his Lord. He puts Allah’s pleasure before his own desires. Allah’s pleasure is much more rewarding and beneficial.

The Pilgrimage

Concerning the pilgrimage, it is a o*!nce in a life time obligation for those who can afford to perform it. A person faces the House of Allah and the other blessed sites, which Allah made as signs to honor and worship Allah. A person can ask Allah to satisfy his needs of this world and the next.

Islam Means Honor and Greatness

Furthermore; Islam, O Muslims, is a source of great honor for its adherents. Islam orders every type of virtue and prohibits every type of indecency. Islam leads to everything which is good. Allah says:

“He it is, Who has made the earth subservient to you, so walk in the path thereof and eat of His provision….” [Surah Al-Mulk 67:15]

“He it is Who created for you all that is o*!n earth…..” [Surah Al-Baqarah 2:29]

And He has made of service to you everything that’s in the earth. It is all from Him.

The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa salaam) said,

“The strong believer is better and more beloved to Allah than the weak believer. But in both of them is good.”

Take advantage of those things that will benefit you and seek help from Allah. Do not despair or give up. If anything afflicts you, do not say “If o*!nly I had done such and such…” Verily the word if opens the door for satan.

Conclusion

Is there a need for any more evidence to show that this is the Relifion of Truth, progress, ease and simplicity. This religion is not a religion of falsehood and backwardness. If anyone has any doubt about that, he may look to our past and the greatness that was Islam. You will see that hearts were opened with faith and knowledge, that lands were conquered with truth and justice.

We ask Allah to give us wisdom in our religion, and to provide us with firmness in our faith. We ask Allah to make us die as Muslims. He is the Generous, the Noble.
www.calgaryislam.com