Islam 101

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
1.Who created all that exists around us?
اللَّهُ الَّذِي خَلَقَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ وَمَا بَيْنَهُمَا
It is Allaah Who has created the heavens, the earth and all that is between them. (32:4)

2.Who created us?
وَاللَّهُ خَلَقَكُمْ
It is Allaah Who created you. (37:96)

3.What is our argument against those who deny the existence of God?
أَمْ خُلِقُوا مِنْ غَيْرِ شَيْءٍ أَمْ هُمُ الْخَالِقُونَ أَمْ خَلَقُوا السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ بَل لا يُوقِنُونَ
Were they created without a Creator? Or were they their own creators? Did they create the heavens and the earth? Nay! They will never be convinced. (52:35-36)
It is a fact that man is a creation .How can a creation come into existence without a creator? It is both unimaginable and incorrect to suggest that man is his own creator. For again there arises a question: How could man create himself when he did not exist? In fact, the belief in a creator having divine attributes is an undeniable fact.
4.Do we have many creators or one?
قُلِ اللّهُ خَالِقُ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ وَهُوَ الْوَاحِدُ القَهَّارُ
Say: "Allaah is the Creator of all things, He is the One, the Irresistible." (13:16)

5.Can we see Allaah in this life?
ذَلِكُمُ اللّهُ رَبُّكُمْ لا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ خَالِقُ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ فَاعْبُدُوهُ وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ وَكِيلٌ
لاَّ تُدْرِكُهُ الأَبْصَارُ وَهُوَ يُدْرِكُ الأَبْصَارَ وَهُوَ اللَّطِيفُ الْخَبِيرُ
That is Allaah your Lord! There is no god but Him, the creator of everything. Therefore, worship Him; He is the Guardian of everything. No vision can grasp Him while He grasps all visions. He is the Subtle, the Aware. (6:102-103)
@. The Subtle = Al-Latif in Arabic.
Al-Latif as a name of Allaah is difficult to define in words; also the idea it represents is difficult to grasp in our minds. It implies:
(1) Fine, subtle (the basic meaning);
(2) So fine and subtle as to be imperceptible to human sight;
(3) So pure as to be incomprehensible;
(4) With sight so perfect as to see and understand the finest subtleties and mysteries;
(5) so kind and gracious as to bestow gifts of the most refined kind; extraordinarily gracious and understanding.

6.What should we say to those who ask 'who created Allaah’?
هُوَ الْأَوَّلُ وَالْآخِرُ
He is the First (nothing is before Him) and the Last (nothing is after Him). (57:3)
We cannot deny our existence nor can we deny the existence of things we see and feel around us. The universe is not eternal. It has a beginning. Then, who created it? No matter whether we believes in God or Nature as a creator, we have to believe in a creator who existed before all the creation. If we, for the sake of an argument accept a creator who created God, again the question arises: “who created this supposed creator?” And thus there is possible no end to this question. We have to stop somewhere; we have to believe in a creator who existed before all else, an eternal God. Now we have a choice: to believe ‘the blind forces of nature’ to be this first creator or to believe Allaah to be the creator of all, a Being free of all defects, capable of everything, having perfect knowledge of the minutest.”

7.What are the signs that prove the existence of Allaah?
إِنَّ فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ لايَاتٍ لِّلْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَفِي خَلْقِكُمْ وَمَا يَبُثُّ مِن دَابَّةٍ آيَاتٌ لِّقَوْمٍ يُوقِنُونَ وَاخْتِلافِ اللَّيْلِ وَالنَّهَارِ وَمَا أَنزَلَ اللَّهُ مِنَ السَّمَاء مِن رِّزْقٍ فَأَحْيَا بِهِ الْأَرْضَ بَعْدَ مَوْتِهَا وَتَصْرِيفِ الرِّيَاحِ آيَاتٌ لِّقَوْمٍ يَعْقِلُونَ تِلْكَ آيَاتُ اللَّهِ نَتْلُوهَا عَلَيْكَ بِالْحَقِّ فَبِأَيِّ حَدِيثٍ بَعْدَ اللَّهِ وَآيَاتِهِ يُؤْمِنُونَ
Surely in the heavens and the earth there are signs for the true believers;
and in your own creation and that of animals which are scattered through the earth, there are signs for those who are firm in faith, and in the alternation of night and day, in the sustenance that Allaah sends down from heaven with which He revives the earth after its death and in the changing of the winds, there are signs for those who use their common sense. These are the revelations of Allaah, which We are reciting to you in all truth. Then, in what report will they believe if not Allaah and His revelations? (45:3-6)
The creation of the universe and the perfection in its design and governing is a proof that there is Someone who is governing it.
The perfect physical structure man has is a proof that there is some creator who created him.
The physical structure of the animals being exactly in harmony with their surrounding proves that there is some Creator who knows their requirements. Also it is a Sign of the existence of God that huge animals are domesticated so easily as if they were created for man only.
The constant system of the alternation of day and night and the benefit in it points to the existence of a Creator. Also the psychological, social and physical benefits in the alternation of days and nights show that there is someone who knows.
The water cycle, the dependency of all the creatures on water, the abundance of water on the earth, the co-ordination of the sun, the winds in the rain system points to the unity of God.
In fact every creature in itself is an evident proof of the existence, wisdom and power of the true god, Allaah.

8.Why, then, people do not believe in Allaah when there are so many signs of his existence and oneness?
وَكَأَيِّن مِّن آيَةٍ فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ يَمُرُّونَ عَلَيْهَا وَهُمْ عَنْهَا مُعْرِضُونَ
There are many signs in the heavens and the earth, which they pass by; yet they turn (their faces) away from them! (i.e. they pay no attention to them!) (12:105)
Man is so busy that he has no time to ponder upon the Signs spread throughout the universe. Then, how can he benefit from them? Even when he comes across something, he turns away his eyes from them.

Chapter.2
9.Who gave us the powers of hearing and seeing?
وَاللّهُ أَخْرَجَكُم مِّن بُطُونِ أُمَّهَاتِكُمْ لاَ تَعْلَمُونَ شَيْئًا وَجَعَلَ لَكُمُ الْسَّمْعَ وَالأَبْصَارَ وَالأَفْئِدَةَ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَشْكُرُونَ
Allaah brought you forth from the wombs of your mothers when you knew nothing, and He gave you hearing, sight and intelligence so that you may give thanks to Him. (16:78)

10.Who sends rain and provides water to drink and produces crops by it?
هُوَ الَّذِي أَنزَلَ مِنَ السَّمَاء مَاء لَّكُم مِّنْهُ شَرَابٌ وَمِنْهُ شَجَرٌ فِيهِ تُسِيمُونَ يُنبِتُ لَكُم بِهِ الزَّرْعَ وَالزَّيْتُونَ وَالنَّخِيلَ وَالأَعْنَابَ وَمِن كُلِّ الثَّمَرَاتِ إِنَّ فِي ذَلِكَ لآيَةً لِّقَوْمٍ يَتَفَكَّرُونَ
It is He Who sends down water from the sky, which provides drinking water for you and brings forth fodder to pasture your cattle. With it He grows for you crops, olives, date palms, grapes, and every kind of fruit: surely there is a great sign in this for those who think. (16:10-11)

11.Who has subjected the whole universe for our needs?
أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً
Do you not see that Allaah has subjected to your benefit all that is in the heavens and in the earth, and has lavished on you His evident and hidden favors? Yet there are some people who still argue about Allaah without knowledge, without guidance or an enlightening Book. (31:20)

12.Who made for our benefit days and nights?
وَمِن رَّحْمَتِهِ جَعَلَ لَكُمُ اللَّيْلَ وَالنَّهَارَ لِتَسْكُنُوا فِيهِ وَلِتَبْتَغُوا مِن فَضْلِهِ وَلَعَلَّكُمْ تَشْكُرُونَ
It is out of His mercy that He has made for you the night that you may rest in it, and the day that you may seek His bounty, so that you may render thanks. (28:73)

13.Who tamed huge animals and gave them in our power?
أَوَلَمْ يَرَوْا أَنَّا خَلَقْنَا لَهُمْ مِمَّا عَمِلَتْ أَيْدِينَا أَنْعَامًا فَهُمْ لَهَا مَالِكُونَ
وَذَلَّلْنَاهَا لَهُمْ فَمِنْهَا رَكُوبُهُمْ وَمِنْهَا يَأْكُلُونَ
Do they not see that among the other things, which Our hands have fashioned, We have created cattle which are under their domination? We have subjected these animals to them, that they may ride on some and eat the flesh of others, in them there are other advantages and drinks (i.e. milk) for them. Should they not then be grateful? (36:71-73)

14.How many bounties have we received from Allaah?
وَآتَاكُم مِّن كُلِّ مَا سَأَلْتُمُوهُ وَإِن تَعُدُّواْ نِعْمَتَ اللّهِ لاَ تُحْصُوهَا إِنَّ الإِنسَانَ لَظَلُومٌ كَفَّارٌ
He has given you all that you could ask for and if you want to count the favors of Allaah, you will never be able to count them. In fact, man is unjust, thankless. (14:34)

Chapter 3
15.Why did Allaah create us?
وَمَا خَلَقْتُ الْجِنَّ وَالْإِنسَ إِلا لِيَعْبُدُونِ
And I created not the jinn’s and humans except they should worship Me (Alone). (51:56)

16.Why should we worship Allaah and obey His commands?
يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ اعْبُدُواْ رَبَّكُمُ الَّذِي خَلَقَكُمْ وَالَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ الَّذِي جَعَلَ لَكُمُ الأَرْضَ فِرَاشاً وَالسَّمَاء بِنَاء وَأَنزَلَ مِنَ السَّمَاء مَاء فَأَخْرَجَ بِهِ مِنَ الثَّمَرَاتِ رِزْقاً لَّكُمْ فَلاَ تَجْعَلُواْ لِلّهِ أَندَاداً وَأَنتُمْ تَعْلَمُونَ
O Mankind! Worship your Rubb Who created you and created those who came before you; by doing this you may expect to guard yourself against evil. It is He Who has made the earth a floor for you and the sky a canopy; and it is He Who sends down rain from the sky for the growth of fruits for your sustenance. Therefore, do not knowingly set up rivals to Allaah.
(2:21-22)

17.Who is our Rubb?
ذَلِكُمُ اللَّهُ رَبُّكُمْ فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ رَبُّ الْعَالَمِينَ
It is Allaah, your Lord. So Glory to Allaah the Lord of the Worlds! (40:64)

18.Is there any other Lord (i.e. Rubb) besides Allaah?
قُلْ أَغَيْرَ اللّهِ أَبْغِي رَبًّا وَهُوَ رَبُّ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ وَلاَ تَكْسِبُ كُلُّ نَفْسٍ إِلاَّ عَلَيْهَا وَلاَ تَزِرُ وَازِرَةٌ وِزْرَ أُخْرَى ثُمَّ إِلَى رَبِّكُم مَّرْجِعُكُمْ فَيُنَبِّئُكُم بِمَا كُنتُمْ فِيهِ تَخْتَلِفُونَ
Say: Shall I seek another than Allaah for Lord, when He is Lord of all things? (6:164)

19.What do we mean by "Rubb”?
إِنَّ رَبَّكُمُ اللّهُ الَّذِي خَلَقَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضَ فِي سِتَّةِ أَيَّامٍ ثُمَّ اسْتَوَى عَلَى الْعَرْشِ يُغْشِي اللَّيْلَ النَّهَارَ يَطْلُبُهُ حَثِيثًا وَالشَّمْسَ وَالْقَمَرَ وَالنُّجُومَ مُسَخَّرَاتٍ بِأَمْرِهِ أَلاَ لَهُ الْخَلْقُ وَالأَمْرُ تَبَارَكَ اللّهُ رَبُّ الْعَالَمِينَ
Your guardian-Lord is Allaah Who created the heavens and the earth in six days and is firmly established on the Throne: He draws the night as a veil over the day each seeking the other in rapid succession: He created the sun the moon and the stars (all) governed by laws under His command. Is it not His to create and to govern? Blessed be Allaah the cherisher and sustainer of the worlds! (7:54)
يُولِجُ اللَّيْلَ فِي النَّهَارِ وَيُولِجُ النَّهَارَ فِي اللَّيْلِ وَسَخَّرَ الشَّمْسَ وَالْقَمَرَ كُلٌّ يَجْرِي لِأَجَلٍ مُّسَمًّى ذَلِكُمُ اللَّهُ رَبُّكُمْ لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَالَّذِينَ تَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِهِ مَا يَمْلِكُونَ مِن قِطْمِيرٍ
He merges Night into Day and He merges Day into Night and He has subjected the sun and the moon (to His Law): each one runs its course for a term appointed. Such is Allaah your Lord: to Him belongs all Dominion. And those whom ye invoke besides Him have not the least power. (35:13)

20.Is there any other being worthy of worship besides Allaah?
اللّهُ لا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ
Allaah! There is no god but Him; the Living, the Eternal. (3:2)

21.Who is our Ilaah?
إِنَّمَا إِلَهُكُمُ اللَّهُ الَّذِي لا إِلَهَ إِلا هُوَ وَسِعَ كُلَّ شَيْءٍ عِلْمًا
But the god of you all is the One Allaah: there is no god but He: all things He comprehends in His knowledge. (20:98)

22.What do we mean by "Ilaah”?
إِنَّنِي أَنَا اللَّهُ لا إِلَهَ إِلا أَنَا فَاعْبُدْنِي
It is I, Allaah; there is none worthy of worship except Me, so worship Me (alone). (20:14)

23.What is the biggest sin?
لا تُشْرِكْ بِاللَّهِ إِنَّ الشِّرْكَ لَظُلْمٌ عَظِيمٌ
Do not ever commit shirk (i.e. associating anyone else with Allaah); surely committing shirk is the worst iniquity. (31:13)

24.Who forgives all sins ?
وَمَن يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلاَّ اللّهُ
And who can forgive sins except Allaah? (3:135)

25.If a person dies a mushrik (i.e. one who associates partner/s with Allaah) will Allaah forgive him ?
إِنَّ اللّهَ لاَ يَغْفِرُ أَن يُشْرَكَ بِهِ وَيَغْفِرُ مَا دُونَ ذَلِكَ لِمَن يَشَاء وَمَن يُشْرِكْ بِاللّهِ فَقَدْ ضَلَّ ضَلاَلاً بَعِيدًا
Surely Allaah will never forgive the one who commits the sin of shirk but He may forgive whom He pleases other sins than this. One who commits shirk has indeed gone far away from the Right Way. (4:116)

26.Will a Mushrik enter Paradise?
مَن يُشْرِكْ بِاللّهِ فَقَدْ حَرَّمَ اللّهُ عَلَيهِ الْجَنَّةَ وَمَأْوَاهُ النَّارُ وَمَا لِلظَّالِمِينَ مِنْ أَنصَارٍ
Whoever commits shirk (joins partners with Allaah), Allaah will deny him the paradise, and the hellfire will be his home. There will be no helper for the wrongdoers. (5:72)

27.What about those Mushrik people who performed good deeds? Why can't they enter Paradise?
وَلَقَدْ أُوحِيَ إِلَيْكَ وَإِلَى الَّذِينَ مِنْ قَبْلِكَ لَئِنْ أَشْرَكْتَ لَيَحْبَطَنَّ عَمَلُكَ وَلَتَكُونَنَّ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ
It it has already been revealed to you as it was revealed to those before you that if you commit shirk, all your deeds will become fruitless and you will surely be among the losers. (39:65)

28.Can we ask dead saints for help ?
وَالَّذِينَ يَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِ اللّهِ لاَ يَخْلُقُونَ شَيْئًا وَهُمْ يُخْلَقُونَ أَمْواتٌ غَيْرُ أَحْيَاء وَمَا يَشْعُرُونَ أَيَّانَ يُبْعَثُونَ
Those whom they invoke besides Allaah can create nothing, but are themselves created. They are dead, not living; they do not even know when they will be raised to life again. (16:20-22)

29.Is calling dead ones for help equal to worshipping them?
وَمَنْ أَضَلُّ مِمَّن يَدْعُو مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ مَن لا يَسْتَجِيبُ لَهُ إِلَى يَومِ الْقِيَامَةِ وَهُمْ عَن دُعَائِهِمْ غَافِلُونَ وَإِذَا حُشِرَ النَّاسُ كَانُوا لَهُمْ أَعْدَاء وَكَانُوا بِعِبَادَتِهِمْ كَافِرِينَ
And who could be more astray than the one who invokes those deities besides Allaah who cannot answer him till the Day of Resurrection - which, in fact, are not even aware that they are being invoked? And when mankind shall be assembled on the Day of Judgment, they will become enemies of those who invoked them and (they will) deny their worship altogether.
(46:5-6)

30.Can anyone help us or injure us against the will of Allaah?
وَلاَ تَكُونَنَّ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ وَلاَ تَدْعُ مِن دُونِ اللّهِ مَا لاَ يَنفَعُكَ وَلاَ يَضُرُّكَ
فَإِن فَعَلْتَ فَإِنَّكَ إِذًا مِّنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
And be not of those who ascribe partners (to Allaah). And do not pray to others than Allaah who can neither benefit nor harm you, for if you do, you shall certainly become one of the wrongdoers. (10:105-106)

31.Should we call on Allaah alone for help?
قُلْ إِنَّمَا أَدْعُو رَبِّي وَلا أُشْرِكُ بِهِ أَحَدًا
Say:I pray only to my Lord and worship none besides Him. (72:20)

32.Does Allaah listen to all our prayers?
وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ
When my servants question you about Me, tell them that I am very close to them. I answer the prayer of every suppliant when he calls Me. (2:186)

33.Has Allaah commanded us to call on Him?
وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ إِنَّ الَّذِينَ يَسْتَكْبِرُونَ عَنْ عِبَادَتِي سَيَدْخُلُونَ جَهَنَّمَ دَاخِرِينَ
And your Lord says: "Call on Me, I will answer your prayers. Surely those who are too arrogant to worship Me shall soon enter hell in humiliation." (40:60)

34.Some people say that Allaah has a son .Is it true ?
وَيُنذِرَ الَّذِينَ قَالُوا اتَّخَذَ اللَّهُ وَلَدًا مَّا لَهُم بِهِ مِنْ عِلْمٍ وَلا لِآبَائِهِمْ كَبُرَتْ كَلِمَةً تَخْرُجُ مِنْ أَفْوَاهِهِمْ إِن يَقُولُونَ إِلا كَذِبًا
Further (the Qur’aan has been revealed) to warn those who say "Allaah has begotten a son." They have no knowledge about it, nor had their forefathers; this is a monstrous word that comes from their mouths. They speak nothing but a lie. (18:4-5)

35.Is it logical to believe that Allaah has a son?
بَدِيعُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ أَنَّى يَكُونُ لَهُ وَلَدٌ وَلَمْ تَكُن لَّهُ صَاحِبَةٌ وَخَلَقَ كُلَّ شَيْءٍ وهُوَ بِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ عَلِيمٌ ذَلِكُمُ اللّهُ رَبُّكُمْ لا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ خَالِقُ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ فَاعْبُدُوهُ وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ وَكِيلٌ
He is the creator of the heavens and the earth. How could He have a son when He has no consort? He has created everything and is aware of everything. That is Allaah your Lord! There is no god but Him, the creator of everything. Therefore, worship Him; He is the Guardian of everything. (6:101-102)

36.Has Allaah MADE someone His son? What's wrong with this belief?
وَمَا يَنبَغِي لِلرَّحْمَنِ أَن يَتَّخِذَ وَلَدًا إِن كُلُّ مَن فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ إِلا آتِي الرَّحْمَنِ عَبْدًا
It is not befitting to the Compassionate (God) that He should beget a son. There is none in the heavens and in the earth but must come to the Compassionate (Allaah) in full submission. (19:92-93)

37.What would have happened if there were many gods?
مَا اتَّخَذَ اللَّهُ مِن وَلَدٍ وَمَا كَانَ مَعَهُ مِنْ إِلَهٍ إِذًا لَّذَهَبَ كُلُّ إِلَهٍ بِمَا خَلَقَ وَلَعَلا بَعْضُهُمْ عَلَى بَعْضٍ سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ عَمَّا يَصِفُونَ عَالِمِ الْغَيْبِ وَالشَّهَادَةِ فَتَعَالَى عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ
Never has Allaah begotten a son, nor is there any god besides Him. Had it been so, each god would govern his own creation, and each would have tried to overpower the others. Exalted be Allaah, (He is free) from the (sort of) things they attribute to Him! He knows what is hidden and what is open: far above is He from the shirk of these people. (23:91-92)

38.Does Allaah need Help from others?
يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ أَنتُمُ الْفُقَرَاء إِلَى اللَّهِ وَاللَّهُ هُوَ الْغَنِيُّ الْحَمِيدُ
O mankind! It is you who stands in need of Allaah, and it is Allaah Who is Free of all wants, worthy of all praise. (35:15)

39.What is the name of Allaah?
اللَّهُ لا إِلَهَ إِلا هُوَ لَهُ الْأَسْمَاء الْحُسْنَى
He is Allaah! There is no god except Him! To Him belong the most beautiful Names. (20:8)

40.Can we call on Allaah by any of His names?
وَلِلّهِ الأَسْمَاء الْحُسْنَى فَادْعُوهُ بِهَا
Allaah has the most excellent names; call on Him by them; and shun those people who use profanity in His Names; such people shall be requited for their misdeeds. (7:180)

41.Does Allaah eat? Can anyone who eats be a God?
قُلْ أَغَيْرَ اللّهِ أَتَّخِذُ وَلِيًّا فَاطِرِ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَهُوَ يُطْعِمُ وَلاَ يُطْعَمُ َ
Say: "Should I take as my protector anyone other than Allaah, who is the Creator of the heavens and the earth. Who feeds all and is fed by none?" (6:14)

42.Does Allaah forgive those who repent after persisting in sin?
قُلْ يَا عِبَادِيَ الَّذِينَ أَسْرَفُوا عَلَى أَنفُسِهِمْ لا تَقْنَطُوا مِن رَّحْمَةِ اللَّهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ جَمِيعًا إِنَّهُ هُوَ الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيمُ
Allaah says: "O My servants who have transgressed against their souls, do not despair of Allaah's mercy, for Allaah forgives all sins. It is He Who is the Forgiving, the Merciful. (39:53)

43.Who guides people to the way to Paradise?
وَاللّهُ يَدْعُو إِلَى دَارِ السَّلاَمِ وَيَهْدِي مَن يَشَاء إِلَى صِرَاطٍ مُّسْتَقِيمٍ
Allaah invites (all) to the Home of Peace and guides whom He pleases to the Right Way. (10:25)

44.Is Allaah forgiving or punishing?
نَبِّىءْ عِبَادِي أَنِّي أَنَا الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيمُ وَ أَنَّ عَذَابِي هُوَ الْعَذَابُ الأَلِيمَ
Tell My devotees that I am indeed the Forgiving, the Merciful; but My punishment is also the most painful punishment. (15:49-50)

45.Does Allaah know everything?
وَعِندَهُ مَفَاتِحُ الْغَيْبِ لاَ يَعْلَمُهَا إِلاَّ هُوَ وَيَعْلَمُ مَا فِي الْبَرِّ وَالْبَحْرِ وَمَا تَسْقُطُ مِن وَرَقَةٍ إِلاَّ يَعْلَمُهَا
وَلاَ حَبَّةٍ فِي ظُلُمَاتِ الأَرْضِ وَلاَ رَطْبٍ وَلاَ يَابِسٍ إِلاَّ فِي كِتَابٍ مُّبِينٍ
He Alone has the keys of the unseen treasures, of which no one knows except Him. He knows whatever is in the land and in the sea; there is not a single leaf that falls without His knowledge, there is neither a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, which has not been recorded in a Clear Book. (6:59)

إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَالِمُ غَيْبِ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ إِنَّهُ عَلِيمٌ بِذَاتِ الصُّدُورِ
Surely Allaah knows the unseen of the heavens and the earth, He even knows the secrets of the breasts (hidden thoughts of people). (35:38)

46.Does Allaah forget?
وَمَا كَانَ رَبُّكَ نَسِيًّا
Your Lord is never forgetful. (19:64)

47.Does Allaah know all our needs?
أَلا يَعْلَمُ مَنْ خَلَقَ وَهُوَ اللَّطِيفُ الْخَبِيرُ
Would He not know, Who has created them? He is the Knower of finest mysteries, and aware of everything. (67:14)

48.Does Allaah do any injustice?
إِنَّ اللّهَ لاَ يَظْلِمُ مِثْقَالَ ذَرَّةٍ
Verily, Allaah does not wrong anyone (in the least degree,) even by an atom's weight. (4:40)

49.Is there any similarity between Allaah and any of His creation?
لَيْسَ كَمِثْلِهِ شَيْءٌ
There is nothing like Him. (42:11)

50.What is Trinity? Is it a correct belief?
لَّقَدْ كَفَرَ الَّذِينَ قَالُواْ إِنَّ اللّهَ ثَالِثُ ثَلاَثَةٍ وَمَا مِنْ إِلَهٍ إِلاَّ إِلَهٌ وَاحِدٌ وَإِن لَّمْ يَنتَهُواْ عَمَّا يَقُولُونَ لَيَمَسَّنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ مِنْهُمْ عَذَابٌ أَلِيمٌ
Certainly they are unbelievers who say: "Allaah is one of three in a Trinity." There is no god except One Allaah. If they do not stop saying what they say, a painful punishment will befall the disbelievers among them. (5:73)

Chapter.4
Who is Muhammad?
مُّحَمَّدٌ رَّسُولُ اللَّهِ
Muhammad is the Messenger of Allaah. (48:29)

51.Were there Messengers before Muhammad?
وَمَا مُحَمَّدٌ إِلاَّ رَسُولٌ قَدْ خَلَتْ مِن قَبْلِهِ الرُّسُلُ
Muhammad is no more than a Messenger, and indeed (many) Messengers have passed away before him. (3:144)

52.Is there any Messenger going to come after him?
مَّا كَانَ مُحَمَّدٌ أَبَا أَحَدٍ مِّن رِّجَالِكُمْ وَلَكِن رَّسُولَ اللَّهِ وَخَاتَمَ النَّبِيِّينَ
Muhammad is not the father of any of your men. He is the Messenger of Allaah and the Seal of the Messengers. Allaah has the knowledge of all things. (33:40)

53.Were Messengers sent to every nation?
وَإِن مِّنْ أُمَّةٍ إِلا خلا فِيهَا نَذِيرٌ
And there never was a nation but a Warner had passed among them. (35:24)

54.Were the Messengers human beings?
وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَا قَبْلَكَ إِلاَّ رِجَالاً نُّوحِي إِلَيْهِمْ
The Messengers, which We sent before you, O Muhammad, were also men to whom We sent revelation. (21:7)

55.What was the common message given to all the Messengers?
وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَا مِن قَبْلِكَ مِن رَّسُولٍ إِلا نُوحِي إِلَيْهِ أَنَّهُ لا إِلَهَ إِلا أَنَا فَاعْبُدُونِ
To every Messenger whom We sent before you, We revealed the same Message: "there is no god but Me, so worship Me Alone." (21:25)

56.What were the Messengers given?
وَإِن يُكَذِّبُوكَ فَقَدْ كَذَّبَ الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِهِمْ جَاءتْهُمْ رُسُلُهُم بِالْبَيِّنَاتِ وَبِالزُّبُرِ وَبِالْكِتَابِ الْمُنِيرِ
If they disbelieve you, know that their predecessors also disbelieved their Messengers who came to them with clear signs, scriptures and light-giving Book. (35:25)

57.Do we know the names of all the Messengers?
وَرُسُلاً قَدْ قَصَصْنَاهُمْ عَلَيْكَ مِن قَبْلُ وَرُسُلاً لَّمْ نَقْصُصْهُمْ عَلَيْكَ
Revelations were also sent to those Messengers whom We have already mentioned to you and to those whose name We have not mentioned; to Moosa (Moses) Allaah spoke directly. (4:164)

58.What was the purpose of all the Messengers?
وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَا مِن رَّسُولٍ إِلاَّ بِلِسَانِ قَوْمِهِ لِيُبَيِّنَ لَهُمْ
We have not sent any Messenger except (to teach) in the language of his (own) people, so that he could explain to them clearly. (14:4)

59.Did the Messengers have wives and children?
وَلَقَدْ أَرْسَلْنَا رُسُلاً مِّن قَبْلِكَ وَجَعَلْنَا لَهُمْ أَزْوَاجًا وَذُرِّيَّةً
We have sent forth other Messengers before you and made for them wives and children (13:38)

60.Did the Messengers show the miracles of their own?
وَمَا كَانَ لِرَسُولٍ أَنْ يَأْتِيَ بِآيَةٍ إِلا بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ
It was not possible for any of those Messengers to bring a sign except by the leave of Allaah. (40:78)

61.Did all the people believe in their Messengers?
يَا حَسْرَةً عَلَى الْعِبَادِ مَا يَأْتِيهِم مِّن رَّسُولٍ إِلاَّ كَانُوا بِهِ يَسْتَهْزِؤُون
Ah, the anguish for my servants! Whenever there came to them a messenger they mocked at him. (36:30)
62.Were the Messengers true to their responsibilities?
وَمَا كَانَ لِنَبِيٍّ أَن يَغُلَّ
No prophet could (ever) be false to his trust. (3:161)

63. Did the Messengers teach the people to worship them?
مَا كَانَ لِبَشَرٍ أَن يُؤْتِيَهُ اللّهُ الْكِتَابَ وَالْحُكْمَ وَالنُّبُوَّةَ ثُمَّ يَقُولَ لِلنَّاسِ كُونُواْ عِبَادًا لِّي مِن دُونِ اللّهِ وَلَكِن كُونُواْ رَبَّانِيِّينَ بِمَا كُنتُمْ تُعَلِّمُونَ الْكِتَابَ وَبِمَا كُنتُمْ تَدْرُسُونَ وَلاَ يَأْمُرَكُمْ أَن تَتَّخِذُواْ الْمَلاَئِكَةَ وَالنِّبِيِّيْنَ أَرْبَابًا أَيَأْمُرُكُم بِالْكُفْرِ بَعْدَ إِذْ أَنتُم مُّسْلِمُونَ
It is not possible for a man whom Allaah has given the Book, the Wisdom and the Prophet hood, that he would say to the people: "Worship me instead of Allaah." On the contrary he would say: "Be devoted worshippers of your Lord in accordance with the Holy Book you have been teaching and reading." He would never ask you to take angels and prophets as your lords. Would he ask you to become kafir (i.e. disbelievers) after you have become Muslims (believers)? (3:79-80)

64.Is it necessary to believe in all the Messengers of Allaah?
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ يَكْفُرُونَ بِاللّهِ وَرُسُلِهِ وَيُرِيدُونَ أَن يُفَرِّقُواْ بَيْنَ اللّهِ وَرُسُلِهِ وَيقُولُونَ نُؤْمِنُ بِبَعْضٍ وَنَكْفُرُ بِبَعْضٍ وَيُرِيدُونَ أَن يَتَّخِذُواْ بَيْنَ ذَلِكَ سَبِيلاً أُوْلَئِكَ هُمُ الْكَافِرُونَ حَقًّا وَأَعْتَدْنَا لِلْكَافِرِينَ عَذَابًا مُّهِينًا وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ بِاللّهِ وَرُسُلِهِ وَلَمْ يُفَرِّقُواْ بَيْنَ أَحَدٍ مِّنْهُمْ أُوْلَئِكَ سَوْفَ يُؤْتِيهِمْ أُجُورَهُمْ وَكَانَ اللّهُ غَفُورًا رَّحِيمًا
Those who deny Allaah and his Messenger and those who intend to draw a line between Allaah and His Messengers saying: "We believe in some, and reject the rest" - desiring to take a middle way between belief and unbelief - these are the real unbelievers and We have prepared for such unbelievers a humiliating punishment. As for those who believe in Allaah and His Messengers and do not discriminate between any of them, We shall soon give them their due rewards. Allaah is Forgiving, Merciful. (4:150-152)

65.Is it necessary for people to live according to the teachings of the Messengers?
وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَا مِن رَّسُولٍ إِلاَّ لِيُطَاعَ بِإِذْنِ اللّهِ
We never sent any Messenger but to be obeyed by Allaah's leave. (4:64)

66.What are some of the names of the Messengers?
وَتِلْكَ حُجَّتُنَا آتَيْنَاهَا إِبْرَاهِيمَ عَلَى قَوْمِهِ نَرْفَعُ دَرَجَاتٍ مَّن نَّشَاء إِنَّ رَبَّكَ حَكِيمٌ عَلِيمٌ وَوَهَبْنَا لَهُ إِسْحَقَ وَيَعْقُوبَ كُلاًّ هَدَيْنَا وَنُوحًا هَدَيْنَا مِن قَبْلُ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّتِهِ دَاوُودَ وَسُلَيْمَانَ وَأَيُّوبَ وَيُوسُفَ وَمُوسَى وَهَارُونَ وَكَذَلِكَ نَجْزِي الْمُحْسِنِينَ وَزَكَرِيَّا وَيَحْيَى وَعِيسَى وَإِلْيَاسَ كُلٌّ مِّنَ الصَّالِحِينَ وَإِسْمَاعِيلَ وَالْيَسَعَ وَيُونُسَ وَلُوطًا وَكُلاًّ فضَّلْنَا عَلَى الْعَالَمِينَ وَمِنْ آبَائِهِمْ وَذُرِّيَّاتِهِمْ وَإِخْوَانِهِمْ وَاجْتَبَيْنَاهُمْ وَهَدَيْنَاهُمْ إِلَى صِرَاطٍ مُّسْتَقِيمٍ
This was the argument, which We furnished Ibrahim (Abraham) against his people. We exalt in ranks whom We please; surely your Lord is Wise, Aware. We gave him Ishaaq (Isaac) and Ya'qoob (Jacob) and guided them all as We guided Nooh (Noah) before them, and among his descendants were Dawood (David), Sulaimaan (Solomon), Ayyoob (Job), Yusuf (Joseph), Moosa (Moses) and Haarun (Aaron); thus do We reward those who do good to others.Other descendants include Zakariyya, Yahya (John), Eesa (Jesus), and Ilyaas (Elias); all of them were righteous; and Isma`eel (Ishmael), Al-Yas'a (Elisha), Yunus (Jonah) and Luut (Lot). We exalted every one of them over the worlds as We exalted some of their forefather, their children and their brothers. We chose them for Our service and guided them to the Right Way. (6:83-87)

67.Was Moses (Moosa) sent to all the nations as a Messenger?
وَآتَيْنَا مُوسَى الْكِتَابَ وَجَعَلْنَاهُ هُدًى لِّبَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ
We gave Moosa (Moses) the Book and made it a guide for the Children of Israel. (17:2)

68.Was Jesus sent for all the nations?
وَإِذْ قَالَ عِيسَى ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ يَا بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ إِنِّي رَسُولُ اللَّهِ إِلَيْكُم مُّصَدِّقًا لِّمَا بَيْنَ يَدَيَّ مِنَ التَّوْرَاةِ
وَمُبَشِّرًا بِرَسُولٍ يَأْتِي مِن بَعْدِي اسْمُهُ أَحْمَدُ فَلَمَّا جَاءهُم بِالْبَيِّنَاتِ قَالُوا هَذَا سِحْرٌ مُّبِينٌ
And remember when Eesa (Jesus) the son of Maryam (Mary) said: "O children of Israel! I am the Messenger of Allaah towards you, confirming the Torah which came before me, and to give you good news of a Messenger that will come after me whose name shall be Ahmad." But when he (i.e. Muhammad) came to them with clear signs, they said, "This is plain magic." (61:6)
(Ahmad is another name of Prophet Muhammad, meaning 'The praised one')

69.Is Jesus Son of God?
مَّا الْمَسِيحُ ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ إِلاَّ رَسُولٌ قَدْ خَلَتْ مِن قَبْلِهِ الرُّسُلُ وَأُمُّهُ صِدِّيقَةٌ
كَانَا يَأْكُلاَنِ الطَّعَامَ انظُرْ كَيْفَ نُبَيِّنُ لَهُمُ الآيَاتِ ثُمَّ انظُرْ أَنَّى يُؤْفَكُونَ
The Messiah, the son of Maryam (Mary), was no more than a Messenger; many Messengers had already passed away before him. His mother was a truthful woman; they both ate earthly food (like other human beings). See how the Revelations are made clear to them (to know reality); yet see how they ignore the truth! (5:75)

70.Some people say that Jesus had no human father, so he must be the Son of God? What can we say to those?
إِنَّ مَثَلَ عِيسَى عِندَ اللّهِ كَمَثَلِ آدَمَ خَلَقَهُ مِن تُرَابٍ ثِمَّ قَالَ لَهُ كُن فَيَكُونُ
In fact the example of (the birth) of Eesa (Jesus) in the sight of Allaah is like the example of Adam (who had no father and mother), whom He created out of dust, then said to him: "Be" and he was. This is the Truth from your Lord; therefore, do not be of those who doubt it. (3:59-60)

71.Jesus showed so many miracles? Did he ever claim being God? Did he ever ask people to worship him?
وَرَسُولاً إِلَى بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ أَنِّي قَدْ جِئْتُكُم بِآيَةٍ مِّن رَّبِّكُمْ أَنِّي أَخْلُقُ لَكُم مِّنَ الطِّينِ كَهَيْئَةِ الطَّيْرِ فَأَنفُخُ فِيهِ فَيَكُونُ طَيْرًا بِإِذْنِ اللّهِ وَأُبْرِىءُ الأكْمَهَ والأَبْرَصَ وَأُحْيِي الْمَوْتَى بِإِذْنِ اللّهِ وَأُنَبِّئُكُم بِمَا تَأْكُلُونَ وَمَا تَدَّخِرُونَ فِي بُيُوتِكُمْ إِنَّ فِي ذَلِكَ لآيَةً لَّكُمْ إِن كُنتُم مُّؤْمِنِينَ
(The angels said to Mary) : And (Allaah will) send him (i.e. Jesus) forth as a Messenger to the Children of Israel with this message: 'I have brought you signs of my appointment from your Lord. I will make for you the likeness of a bird from clay; I will breathe into it and, with Allaah's leave, it will become a living bird. I will heal the blind and the lepers, and raise the dead to life, by Allaah's leave. Furthermore, I will tell you what you have eaten and what you have stored in your houses. Surely these are the signs to convince you if you are believers. (3:49)

72.Was Jesus crucified?
وَقَوْلِهِمْ إِنَّا قَتَلْنَا الْمَسِيحَ عِيسَى ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ رَسُولَ اللّهِ وَمَا قَتَلُوهُ وَمَا صَلَبُوهُ وَلَكِن شُبِّهَ لَهُمْ وَإِنَّ الَّذِينَ اخْتَلَفُواْ فِيهِ لَفِي شَكٍّ مِّنْهُ مَا لَهُم بِهِ مِنْ عِلْمٍ إِلاَّ اتِّبَاعَ الظَّنِّ وَمَا قَتَلُوهُ يَقِينًا بَل رَّفَعَهُ اللّهُ إِلَيْهِ وَكَانَ اللّهُ عَزِيزًا حَكِيمًا
They (i.e. the Jews) even say: "We have killed the Messiah, Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allaah." Whereas in fact, neither did they kill him nor did they crucify him but (they thought they did because) the matter was made dubious for them. Those who differ therein are only in doubt. They have no real knowledge; they follow nothing but merely a conjecture, certainly they did not kill him (Jesus). Nay! The fact is that Allaah took him up to Himself. Allaah is Mighty, Wise.(4:157-158)

73.Was Muhammad sent for all mankind?
وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ إِلا كَافَّةً لِّلنَّاسِ بَشِيرًا وَنَذِيرًا وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لا يَعْلَمُونَ
O Prophet, We have sent you to the entire mankind, to give them
good news and forewarn them, but most men do not know. (34:28)

74.Is Messenger Muhammad a practical model of righteousness for us?
لَقَدْ كَانَ لَكُمْ فِي رَسُولِ اللَّهِ أُسْوَةٌ حَسَنَةٌ لِّمَن كَانَ يَرْجُو اللَّهَ وَالْيَوْمَ الْآخِرَ وَذَكَرَ اللَّهَ كَثِيرًا
You have indeed, in the life of Messenger of Allaah, the 'Best Model' for him whose hope is in Allaah and the Day of the Hereafter, and who engages himself much in the remembrance of Allaah. (33:21)

75.What are some of the titles of Messenger Muhammad?
يَا أَيُّهَا النَّبِيُّ إِنَّا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ شَاهِدًا وَمُبَشِّرًا وَنَذِيرًا وَدَاعِيًا إِلَى اللَّهِ بِإِذْنِهِ وَسِرَاجًا مُّنِيرًا
O Prophet (Muhammad)! Surely We have sent you as a witness, as a bearer of good news and as a Warner, And as one who invites to Allaah by His leave and as a Lamp spreading Light. (33:45-46)

76.Could Messenger Muhammad read or write?
وَمَا كُنتَ تَتْلُو مِن قَبْلِهِ مِن كِتَابٍ وَلا تَخُطُّهُ بِيَمِينِكَ إِذًا لارْتَابَ الْمُبْطِلُونَ
(O Muhammad,) you have never read a book before this nor have you ever transcribed one with your right hand: In that case, indeed, the followers of falsehood might have doubted. (29:48)

77.Was Messenger Muhammad a human being?
قُلْ سُبْحَانَ رَبِّي هَلْ كُنتُ إَلاَّ بَشَرًا رَّسُولاً
(O Muhammad,) tell them: "Glorified (and Exalted) be my Lord (Allaah above all that evil the polytheists associate with Him!) Am I anything but a man, sent as a Messenger?" (17:93)

78.What are the modes of communication between Allaah and His Messengers?
وَمَا كَانَ لِبَشَرٍ أَن يُكَلِّمَهُ اللَّهُ إِلا وَحْيًا أَوْ مِن وَرَاء حِجَابٍ أَوْ يُرْسِلَ رَسُولًا
فَيُوحِيَ بِإِذْنِهِ مَا يَشَاء إِنَّهُ عَلِيٌّ حَكِيمٌ
It is not given to any human being that Allaah should speak to him unless (it be) by Inspiration, or from behind a veil, or through sending a Messenger authorized by Him to reveal His will; Verily, He is Most High, Most Wise. (42:51)

79.What was the responsibility of Messenger Muhammad with respect to the believers?
لَقَدْ مَنَّ اللّهُ عَلَى الْمُؤمِنِينَ إِذْ بَعَثَ فِيهِمْ رَسُولاً مِّنْ أَنفُسِهِمْ يَتْلُو عَلَيْهِمْ آيَاتِهِ وَيُزَكِّيهِمْ وَيُعَلِّمُهُمُ الْكِتَابَ وَالْحِكْمَةَ وَإِن كَانُواْ مِن قَبْلُ لَفِي ضَلالٍ مُّبِينٍ
Indeed Allaah conferred a great favor on the believers when He sent among them a Messenger (Muhammad) from among themselves, reciting unto them His Verses, and purifying them, and instructing them (in) the Book (the Qur'aan) and the Wisdom, while before that they had been in manifest error. (3:164)

80.What was the responsibility of Messenger Muhammad with respect to the unbelievers?
وَإِن تُكَذِّبُوا فَقَدْ كَذَّبَ أُمَمٌ مِّن قَبْلِكُمْ وَمَا عَلَى الرَّسُولِ إِلا الْبَلاغُ الْمُبِينُ
If you (O people) deny the Message, then nations have denied before you. The only duty a Messenger has is to deliver Allaah's Message clearly." (29:18)

81.Can one attain salvation without believing in Messenger Muhammad?
يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ قَدْ جَاءكُمُ الرَّسُولُ بِالْحَقِّ مِن رَّبِّكُمْ فَآمِنُواْ خَيْرًا لَّكُمْ وَإِن تَكْفُرُواْ فَإِنَّ لِلَّهِ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَكَانَ اللّهُ عَلِيمًا حَكِيمًا
O mankind! The Messenger has brought you the Truth from your Lord, so believe in it, it is for your own benefit. If you disbelieve, then you should know that to Allaah belongs all that is in the heavens and in the earth. And Allaah is Ever All-Knowing, All Wise. (4:170)

82.Is it necessary for Jews and Christians to believe in Messenger Muhammad and follow him?
يَا أَهْلَ الْكِتَابِ قَدْ جَاءكُمْ رَسُولُنَا يُبَيِّنُ لَكُمْ عَلَى فَتْرَةٍ مِّنَ الرُّسُلِ أَن تَقُولُواْ مَا جَاءنَا مِن بَشِيرٍ وَلاَ نَذِيرٍ فَقَدْ جَاءكُم بَشِيرٌ وَنَذِيرٌ وَاللّهُ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ
O people of the Book! Indeed Our Messenger has now come to you making clear to you the teaching of the Right Way, after a long break in the series of the Messengers, so that you may not be able to say, "No one has come to give us good news or to warn us." Now someone has come to give you good news and warn you so listen to him. Allaah has power over everything. (5:19)

83.Can we gain love of Allaah without following Messenger Muhammad?
قُلْ إِن كُنتُمْ تُحِبُّونَ اللّهَ فَاتَّبِعُونِي يُحْبِبْكُمُ اللّهُ وَيَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ ذُنُوبَكُمْ وَاللّهُ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ
Tell the people (O Muhammad): "If you sincerely love Allaah, then follow me; Allaah will also love you and forgive you your sins. Allaah is forgiving, Merciful." (3:31)

84.Is there any guidance besides that of Messenger Muhammad?
قُلْ أَطِيعُوا اللَّهَ وَأَطِيعُوا الرَّسُولَ فَإِن تَوَلَّوا فَإِنَّمَا عَلَيْهِ مَا حُمِّلَ وَعَلَيْكُم مَّا حُمِّلْتُمْ وَإِن تُطِيعُوهُ تَهْتَدُوا وَمَا عَلَى الرَّسُولِ إِلا الْبَلاغُ الْمُبِينُ
Say: "Obey Allaah and obey the Messenger (Muhammad), but if you turn away, the Messenger is only responsible for the duty placed on him, as you are responsible to fulfill for that which is placed on you; and if you obey him, you shall be rightly guided. Note it well that the responsibility of the Messenger is only to deliver Allaah's message clearly."
(24:54)

85.Do we have to follow all the commands of Messenger Muhammad or we have some choice?
وَمَا آتَاكُمُ الرَّسُولُ فَخُذُوهُ وَمَا نَهَاكُمْ عَنْهُ فَانتَهُوا
Whatever the Messenger gives you, take it and from whatever he forbids you, refrain from it. (59:7)

86.Can we reject any of the statements given by Messenger Muhammad that goes against our desires?
وَمَا كَانَ لِمُؤْمِنٍ وَلا مُؤْمِنَةٍ إِذَا قَضَى اللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُ أَمْرًا أَن يَكُونَ لَهُمُ الْخِيَرَةُ مِنْ أَمْرِهِمْ وَمَن يَعْصِ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ فَقَدْ ضَلَّ ضَلالًا مُّبِينًا
It is not fitting for a believing man or a believing woman to have an option in their affairs when Allaah and His Messenger have decided a matter; and whoever disobeys Allaah and His Messenger has indeed strayed into a clearly wrong path. (33:36)

87.Does the Messenger give commands from his own self?
وَمَا يَنطِقُ عَنِ الْهَوَى إِنْ هُوَ إِلا وَحْيٌ يُوحَى
He (i.e. Prophet Muhammad) does not speak out of his own desire. It is but an inspired revelation. (53:3-4)

88.Is there any difference between the commands of Messenger Muhammad and the commands of Allaah?
مَّنْ يُطِعِ الرَّسُولَ فَقَدْ أَطَاعَ اللّهَ وَمَن تَوَلَّى فَمَا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ عَلَيْهِمْ حَفِيظًا
Anyone who obeys the Messenger, in fact, obeys Allaah. As for those who pay no heed, they should know that We have not sent you (O Muhammad) as a watcher over them (4:80)

89.How should we solve all our worldly or religious disputes?
فَلاَ وَرَبِّكَ لاَ يُؤْمِنُونَ حَتَّىَ يُحَكِّمُوكَ فِيمَا شَجَرَ بَيْنَهُمْ ثُمَّ لاَ يَجِدُواْ فِي أَنفُسِهِمْ حَرَجًا مِّمَّا قَضَيْتَ وَيُسَلِّمُواْ تَسْلِيمًا
Nay! O Muhammad - by your Lord - they will never be true believers until they accept you as a judge in their disputes, then they do not find any resentment in their hearts against your verdicts and accept them with complete submission. (4:65)

Chapter.5
90.Which book was given to Messenger Muhammad?
وَإِنَّكَ لَتُلَقَّى الْقُرْآنَ مِن لَّدُنْ حَكِيمٍ عَلِيمٍ
And O Muhammad, most surely you are receiving this Qur'aan from the One Who is wise and All-Knowing. (27:6)

91.What is the language of Qur’aan?
إِنَّا أَنزَلْنَاهُ قُرْآنًا عَرَبِيًّا لَّعَلَّكُمْ تَعْقِلُونَ
We have revealed this Qur'aan in the Arabic language so that you may understand. (12:2)

92.Did Qur’aan come at once or in stages over a period of time?
إِنَّا نَحْنُ نَزَّلْنَا عَلَيْكَ الْقُرْآنَ تَنزِيلًا
Surely, it is We Who have sent down this Qur'aan to you through gradual revelations. (76:23)

93.Why did Allaah send Qur’aan in stages?
وَقَالَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا لَوْلا نُزِّلَ عَلَيْهِ الْقُرْآنُ جُمْلَةً وَاحِدَةً كَذَلِكَ لِنُثَبِّتَ بِهِ فُؤَادَكَ وَرَتَّلْنَاهُ تَرْتِيلًا وَلا يَأْتُونَكَ بِمَثَلٍ إِلا جِئْنَاكَ بِالْحَقِّ وَأَحْسَنَ تَفْسِيرًا
The unbelievers ask: "Why is not the Qur'aan revealed to him all in a single revelation?" Thus (is it revealed) that We may strengthen your heart thereby and We have rehearsed it to thee in slow well-arranged stages gradually. And no question do they bring to you but We reveal to you the truth and the best explanation (thereof). (25:32-33)

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
94.Has Allaah guaranteed the preservation of Qur’aan?
إِنَّا نَحْنُ نَزَّلْنَا الذِّكْرَ وَإِنَّا لَهُ لَحَافِظُونَ
Surely We have revealed this Reminder (The Qur'aan); and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption). (15:9)

95.Some people say that Messenger Muhammad is the author of The Qur’aan? Is it true?
وَقَالَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا إِنْ هَذَا إِلا إِفْكٌ افْتَرَاهُ وَأَعَانَهُ عَلَيْهِ قَوْمٌ آخَرُونَ فَقَدْ جَاؤُوا ظُلْمًا وَزُورًا وَقَالُوا أَسَاطِيرُ الْأَوَّلِينَ اكْتَتَبَهَا فَهِيَ تُمْلَى عَلَيْهِ بُكْرَةً وَأَصِيلًا قُلْ أَنزَلَهُ الَّذِي يَعْلَمُ السِّرَّ فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ إِنَّهُ كَانَ غَفُورًا رَّحِيمًا
Those who deny (the Truth) say: "This (Qur'aan) is but a forgery which he (i.e. Muhammad) himself has devised and some other people have helped him (in this task)." Unjust is what they do and falsehood is what they utter! And they say: "These are the stories of the ancients which he has copied down from what is read to him day and night." Tell them: "This (i.e. the Qur'aan) is revealed by Him Who knows the secrets of the heavens and the earth; surely He is Ever-Forgiving, Merciful." (25:4-6)

96.Some people say that Messenger Muhammad prepared The Qur’aan with the help of some Jews or Christians. How true is that?
وَلَقَدْ نَعْلَمُ أَنَّهُمْ يَقُولُونَ إِنَّمَا يُعَلِّمُهُ بَشَرٌ لِّسَانُ الَّذِي يُلْحِدُونَ إِلَيْهِ أَعْجَمِيٌّ وَهَذَا لِسَانٌ عَرَبِيٌّ مُّبِينٌ
We know very well what they say about you, (O Muhammad): "A certain man teaches him." But the man they point to speaks a foreign language while this (The Qur'aan) is in eloquent Arabic. (16:103)

97.What is the criterion to differentiate between a “Book of Man” and The Book of God?
أَفَلاَ يَتَدَبَّرُونَ الْقُرْآنَ وَلَوْ كَانَ مِنْ عِندِ غَيْرِ اللّهِ لَوَجَدُواْ فِيهِ اخْتِلاَفًا كَثِيرًا
Do they not consider the Qur'aan (with care)? Had it been from other than Allaah they would surely have found therein much discrepancy. (4:82)

98.Some people say that Prophet Muhammad copied parts from The Bible? Is it true?
وَمَا كُنتَ تَتْلُو مِن قَبْلِهِ مِن كِتَابٍ وَلا تَخُطُّهُ بِيَمِينِكَ إِذًا لارْتَابَ الْمُبْطِلُونَ
(O Muhammad,) you have never read a book before this nor have you ever transcribed one with your right hand: In that case, indeed, the followers of falsehood might have doubted. (29:48)

99. Does The Qur’aan guide us in all the matters of life?
قَدْ جَاءكُم مِّنَ اللّهِ نُورٌ وَكِتَابٌ مُّبِينٌ يَهْدِي بِهِ اللّهُ مَنِ اتَّبَعَ رِضْوَانَهُ سُبُلَ السَّلاَمِ وَيُخْرِجُهُم مِّنِ الظُّلُمَاتِ إِلَى النُّورِ بِإِذْنِهِ وَيَهْدِيهِمْ إِلَى صِرَاطٍ مُّسْتَقِيمٍ
There has come to you from Allaah a (new) Light and a plain Book, with which Allaah guides all who seek His good pleasure to ways of peace (and safety) He brings them out of darkness by His Will into the light and guides them to a Straight Path. (5:15-16)

100.When did the revelation of the Qur’aan start coming to Prophet Muhammad?
شَهْرُ رَمَضَانَ الَّذِيَ أُنزِلَ فِيهِ الْقُرْآنُ هُدًى لِّلنَّاسِ وَبَيِّنَاتٍ مِّنَ الْهُدَى وَالْفُرْقَانِ
It is the month of Ramadân in which the Qur'aan was revealed, guidance for mankind with clear proofs for the guidance (showing the Right Way) and a criterion (between right and wrong). (2:185)

101.Is the Qur’aan a manual for purifying the soul?
يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ قَدْ جَاءتْكُم مَّوْعِظَةٌ مِّن رَّبِّكُمْ وَشِفَاء لِّمَا فِي الصُّدُورِ وَهُدًى وَرَحْمَةٌ لِّلْمُؤْمِنِينَ
O mankind! There has come to you an admonition from your Lord, a cure for whatever (disease) is in your hearts, guidance and a blessing for the (true) believers. (10:57)

102. Why do we find so many stories of the Messengers and the people of the past in the Qur’aan?
فَاقْصُصِ الْقَصَصَ لَعَلَّهُمْ يَتَفَكَّرُونَ
Narrate to them the history (of the men of old), that they may take thought. (7:176)

وَكُلاًّ نَّقُصُّ عَلَيْكَ مِنْ أَنبَاء الرُّسُلِ مَا نُثَبِّتُ بِهِ فُؤَادَكَ وَجَاءكَ فِي هَذِهِ الْحَقُّ وَمَوْعِظَةٌ وَذِكْرَى لِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ
All these stories of these Prophets that We relate to you (O Muhammad) are to strengthen your heart therewith; through these you have received the (knowledge of) Truth, as well as an admonition and a reminder for the believers. (11:120)

103. What is the purpose of the Qur’aan? Or is it mere poetry?
وَمَا عَلَّمْنَاهُ الشِّعْرَ وَمَا يَنبَغِي لَهُ إِنْ هُوَ إِلا ذِكْرٌ وَقُرْآنٌ مُّبِينٌ لِيُنذِرَ مَن كَانَ حَيًّا وَيَحِقَّ الْقَوْلُ عَلَى الْكَافِرِينَ
And We have not taught him (Muhammad SAW) poetry, nor is it meet for him. This is only a Reminder and a plain Qur'aan: That it may give admonition to any (who are) alive, and that the Word (i.e. the charge) may be justified against the disbelievers. (36:69-70)

104. Is the Qur’aan a guide for all the nations in all ages to come?
إِنْ هُوَ إِلا ذِكْرٌ لِّلْعَالَمِينَ
This (Qur'aan) is but a Reminder to all the Worlds. (38:87)

105. What is the necessary quality that helps in benefiting from the Qur’aan?
إِنَّ فِي ذَلِكَ لَذِكْرَى لِمَن كَانَ لَهُ قَلْبٌ أَوْ أَلْقَى السَّمْعَ وَهُوَ شَهِيدٌ
Verily, therein is indeed a reminder for him who has a heart or gives ear while he is heedful. (50:37)

106. Is the Qur’aan difficult to understand?
وَلَقَدْ يَسَّرْنَا الْقُرْآنَ لِلذِّكْرِ فَهَلْ مِن مُّدَّكِرٍ
We have indeed made the Qur'aan very easy to understand the admonition: but is there any who would take admonition? (54:17)

107. Is the Qur’aan a mystical book? Why do we find similitudes in the Qur’aan?
وَلَقَدْ ضَرَبْنَا لِلنَّاسِ فِي هَذَا الْقُرْآنِ مِن كُلِّ مَثَلٍ لَّعَلَّهُمْ يَتَذَكَّرُونَ قُرآنًا عَرَبِيًّا غَيْرَ ذِي عِوَجٍ لَّعَلَّهُمْ يَتَّقُونَ
We have cited for mankind every kind of parable in this Qur'aan, so that they may learn a lesson. An Arabic Qur'aan, without any crookedness (therein) in order that they may avoid (all evil). (39:27-28)

108. Can any falsehood enter the Qur’aan?
وَإِنَّهُ لَكِتَابٌ عَزِيزٌ لا يَأْتِيهِ الْبَاطِلُ مِن بَيْنِ يَدَيْهِ وَلا مِنْ خَلْفِهِ تَنزِيلٌ مِّنْ حَكِيمٍ حَمِيدٍ
And indeed it is a Book of exalted power. No falsehood can approach it from before or behind it: it is sent down by All Wise, worthy of all Praise. (41:41-42)

109. Is the Qur’aan a source of increasing our faith?
إِنَّمَا الْمُؤْمِنُونَ الَّذِينَ إِذَا ذُكِرَ اللّهُ وَجِلَتْ قُلُوبُهُمْ وَإِذَا تُلِيَتْ عَلَيْهِمْ آيَاتُهُ زَادَتْهُمْ إِيمَانًا
The true believers are those whose hearts tremble with fear, when the name of Allaah is mentioned, and whose faith grows stronger as they listen to His Verses (8:2)

110. How does a true believer respond to the Qur’aan?
اللَّهُ نَزَّلَ أَحْسَنَ الْحَدِيثِ كِتَابًا مُّتَشَابِهًا مَّثَانِيَ تَقْشَعِرُّ مِنْهُ جُلُودُ الَّذِينَ يَخْشَوْنَ رَبَّهُمْ ثُمَّ تَلِينُ جُلُودُهُمْ وَقُلُوبُهُمْ إِلَى ذِكْرِ اللَّهِ ذَلِكَ هُدَى اللَّهِ يَهْدِي بِهِ مَنْ يَشَاء وَمَن يُضْلِلْ اللَّهُ فَمَا لَهُ مِنْ هَادٍ
Allaah has revealed the most beautiful message, a Book consistent in its verses yet repeating its teachings in different ways. The skins of those who fear their Lord shiver from it, their skins and their hearts soften to the remembrance of Allaah. Such is the guidance of Allaah: He Guides therewith whom He pleases and whomever Allaah sends astray, for him there is no guide. (39:23)

111.Was it necessary even for Prophet Muhammad to follow the Qur’aan?
اتَّبِعْ مَا أُوحِيَ إِلَيْكَ مِن رَّبِّكَ لا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ وَأَعْرِضْ عَنِ الْمُشْرِكِينَ
Follow (O Muhammad!) what is revealed to you from your Lord, there is no god but Him and turn aside from the Idolaters. (6:106)