Islam and Christianity

curious

Hello everyone,

I thought I would bring up this subject because I would be very interested to hear what everyone has to say. As a Christian, I often hear what other Christians think Muslims believe, but I would like to hear from Muslims themselves if some of you would spare the time.

Jesus the Messiah says "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)

Elsewhere, He says "I am the light of the world. Whoever walks in me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." (John 8:12)

Also in the Injil, it is said that "Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world." (Hebrews 1:1-2)

God once spoke through prophets who spoke the words that God gave them. But, in these final days, God has spoken to us by his Son Jesus Christ (not to be thought of like a human Son, this just represents the relationship of God with Jesus -elsewhere he is called the "Word of God" (John 1)). Jesus Christ, the fulfillment of more than 1,000 years of prophecy and scripture, lived a perfect life, and died a perfect death, taking the punishment for all sinners who will live by faith in Him. God then enables true Christians to live a holy life in Him.

The prophet Isaiah wrote about Jesus many hundreds of years before Jesus Christ was born. He said: "Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions; He was crushed for our iniquities; Upon Him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed."

This is the great hope of Christianity. We can be forgiven and brought back to God through Jesus Christ, and by trusting in His death on a cross for our sins and living a life of holiness as a result.

So my question is, what is the greatest hope of Islam? How can you get to heaven, or paradise, and whats more, if you must rely of your own careful observation of the Qu'ran (or the five pillars) to get there, can you ever be sure that you will get to heaven? And also, in Islam, what is heaven like when you get there?

Many thanks for reading this far. May God bless all of you.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
As Salaamu Alaykum (Peace be upon you)
I myself was a Christian. Anyway:

We are granted to paradise because of faith and good deeds (as James in your New Testament states). The Qur'an confirms this, and there is a Hadith (sayings of the Prophet Muhammad :)saw:)) that tells a story of a man who Allah allowed to worship Him for 500 years. When he died, Allah said (paraphrasing): "Enter paradise by my mercy" The man said: "O Allah! Grant me paradise by my good deeds only". His good deeds were measured and they were found to be not enough, so the man was to go to Hell. The man then saw the error of his ways and said "O Allah! Allow me to enter paradise by your mercy!". This was told by the Angel Gabriel to the Prophet Muhammad :)saw:).

Therefore, we can only rely on Allah's Mercy for us to recieve Heaven. We do good deeds because Allah commanded us to, and we follow His commands to please Him.

In Heaven, there will be various physical and spiritual pleasures. Of course, it's a paradise. Allah created man with physical pleasures and spiritual pleasures, so of course in the Paradise He created (to give man a pleasurable resting place) there would be both types of pleasures (legally, of course).

You quoted the New Testament. However, we don't believe the New Testament. We believe that the Gospel Allah talks about is lost, and perhaps never written for Allah doesn't say it was written (therefore implying that the Injil could've been the sayings of Jesus (PBUH)).

Jesus (PBUH) saying he is the "light" and the "only path" is just like if someone said that the Prophet Muhammad :)saw:) was the "light" and the "only path". It only means that his way is the right way, and not that he is to be worshipped.

The Isaiah prophecy is very vague, though it may or may not represent Jesus (PBUH). Many prophecies attributed to Jesus actually go on longer than the writers of the gospels cited.

There are prophecies about Muhammad :)saw:) in the Bible, also. In Deuteronomy 18:22, God says that He will raise a prophet up like Moses among the brothers of the Israelites. Look at the reason why it's about Muhammad :)saw:) here: http://www.answering-christianity.com/deut18_18_silas_rebuttal.htm (it's just a rebuttal, so no need to worry about it aggressively attacking Christianity).

There is also a prophecy in one of the OT books (forgot which one, sorry!) mentioning a prophet who will set out on military conquests and conquer some land (as Muhammad :)saw:) did).

Also, there is the Gospel of Barnabas and all those other "Losts Books of the Bible" that were closer to Jesus' lifetime and also that were deemed authentic by secular historians. However, most of these were burned or considered "Heretical" by the Council of Nicea because they disagreed with the Romans.

This isn't related to your post, but I want to clear up this misconception about Islam. It wasn't invented by Muhammad :)saw:), but perfected through him.

Allah says in the Qur'an that He sent Prophets to each civilization (as Jesus (PBUH) was sent to Israel, for he states "I was sent to guide the lost sheep of Israel" in the Bible and the Qur'an confirms this). Each taught the message of believing in only One God, whom is Allah (though people had different names for Him, such as the Jewish "Adonai" and "YHWH"). However, each Prophet told different ways of worshipping Allah (the way Allah told them to).

Finally, Muhammad :)saw:) came. As the Qur'an states, "Blessed is He who sent down this Furqan (Criterion of right and wrong) to His servent Muhammad so that he may be a Warner to the 'Alamin" (mankind and Jinn (Jinn are a species also created by Allah. I'll be glad to tell you about them, Allah Willing). That was from 25:1 in the Qur'an. Muhammad :)saw:) taught the rituals of Islam the way Allah told him, and Allah revealed to Muhammad :)saw:) things that He didn't reveal to other Prophets.

Therefore, today we have "Modern Islam" that is there for the whole world. Back before Muhammad :)saw:), each civilization followed a different Islam, but the beliefs were the exact same (except among the Zalimun or the evil-doers).

Please also look at http://islamtomorrow.com . It is the website of former Christian priest Sheikh Yusuf Estes. May Allah guide you to the Truth, which is Islam. Ameen.

Daud McGuire

Say he is one
hi

Asking people on this forum might give u truths or opinions or both. Its best to watch a dvd on your curiosoty (being the bible and the quaran) by qualified people. You will find that people might be biased, and some people might be budding unqualified scholars, so its best you seak your curiosity the right way. I recommend buying a dvd or book from an islamic website. So then you have the substance to calculate in your head your conclusion. It might cost you money, but food for thaught for the intelligent has no material value. May Allah (SWT) guide you

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
Hi

WHAT IS ISLAM?

Islam is not a new religion, but the same truth that God revealed through all His Prophets to every people. For a fifth of the world's population, Islam is both a religion and a complete way of life. Muslims follow a religion of peace, mercy, and forgiveness, and the majority have nothing to do with the extremely grave events which have come to be associated with our faith.

WHO ARE THE MUSLIMS?

One billion people from a vast range of races, nationalities and cultures across the globe -- from the southern Philippines to Nigeria -- are united by their common Islamic faith. About 18% live in the Arab world; the world's largest Muslim community is in Indonesia; substantial parts of Asia and most of Africa are Muslim, while significant minorities are to be found in the Soviet Union, China, North and South America, and Europe.

WHAT DO MUSLIMS BELIEVE?

Muslims believe in One Unique, Incomparable God; in the Angels created by Him; in the prophets through whom His revelations were brought to mankind; in the Day of Judgment and individual accountability for actions; in God's complete authority over human destiny and in life after death. Muslims believe in a chain of prophets starting with Adam and including Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Job, Moses, Aaron, David, Solomon, Elias, Jonah, John, and Jesus, peace be upon them. But God's final message to man, a reconfirmation of the eternal message and a summing-up of all that has gone before was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad (saw) through Gabriel.

hope that helps

Hannah123

One Truth
:salam2:
I was also a christian and just recently reverted to the one true Religion, Islam. These are my initial thoughts about jesus...
1) God is the Creator of all things, why would he need to appoint someone to do what He can easily do.
2) By following the Quran and the Sunnah, and the five pillars, we are working our hardest to attain entry to paradise and to please the One God. Only God knows who will go to heaven and who will go to hellfire.
3) Islam to me is so simply understood and easy to follow, that even though we are doing what God wants us to do, living how He chooses, by His will alone, He makes our Path to heaven easy for those who try the hardest.
4) Why would heaven be easy to enter? It's paradise, how can we just say "i accept jesus into my life as my savior" and boom the doors to heaven are open. Our sins should not be forgiven this way, it makes no sense. They are our sins we need to repent, pray, fast, and God-willing be forgiven. I know that God is the Most Merciful. And since He is the Most Merciful, Most Compassionate, He would have no need to send a light or a guide calling him a son to us.

La ilahah ill Allah, Muhammadanur Rasullulah

Mikaeel

So my question is, what is the greatest hope of Islam? How can you get to heaven, or paradise...
Please read Isaiah 43:11 for the answer you seek to this question.

Does Allah not make himself clear with this statement?

allahsservant

beautifl muslimah
?

there are so many myths and misconceptions about Jesus(pbuh):
was he human?
was he a diety?
there are many others these are just two. why would God just send down someone to relieve everyone of their sins, when he can easily do it?
why, in the Injil does it say that Jesus will tell those who worshiped in his name that he does not know them?
think about it! Jesus was only a prophet, nothing more and nothing less!

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Hello everyone,

This is the great hope of Christianity. We can be forgiven and brought back to God through Jesus Christ, and by trusting in His death on a cross for our sins and living a life of holiness as a result.

So my question is, what is the greatest hope of Islam? How can you get to heaven, or paradise, and whats more, if you must rely of your own careful observation of the Qu'ran (or the five pillars) to get there, can you ever be sure that you will get to heaven? And also, in Islam, what is heaven like when you get there?

Many thanks for reading this far. May God bless all of you.

Hello Mr. Curious,

Welcome to this beautiful site.

Thanks for pondering and thinking about to find Truth.

First I will try to answer your above questions mentioned in the box and then I will refer you an Islamic Scholar on Comparative religions.

You said:

>>This is the great hope of Christianity. We can be forgiven and brought back to God through Jesus Christ, and by trusting in His death on a cross for our sins and living a life of holiness as a result.
<<

The Lord of the Universe, the Creator, the Ultimate JUST, is not helpless that he has to die on the cross for the sake of Christians. Infact, Jesus is one of the highly honor Prophet's of the God, i.e. Allah SWT.

The hope of Muslims is the Blessing of Allah SWT and to be more deserving the Blessings, a Muslims has to be more and more pious and God fearing.

The Manual to enter the Paradise was the Origianl and uncurrupted Scripture given by God, to Jesus (PBUH) for his people.
Yet the manual to enter Paradise for all the people after the coming of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), is Quran.

In Islam, Heaven is Just every Good Favor given by the Lord, Every pure and good thing which can be imagined and every pure and good thing which we can not even imagine about. Heaven does not have turbulence, worries, pain, fear, lies, hypocrisies and cruelties.

Any legal Favor of your lord you can think, will be granted in the heaven, along with those Blessings of the Lord of the universe which one will not have seen, listened or imagined.

Just to summerize it in one question and you will understand InshaAllah:

If you go to one of the most wealthiest king and he wants to give you some gift or reward. Will that be appropriate that king gives you a penny? Ofcourse you will be rewarded by the king with some big gift. Then what do you think about that most highest and the Only King of the Universe? that King whose' treasures never finish??? Ofcouse that the the reward of the One and Olny God to his Blessed ones in Heaven.

Now please try to see the follwing videos and open your heart to the Truth:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51

Similarities between Islam and Christianity:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7214804039082274275

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3068169425088499284

Quran and Bible in the light of Science:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6693125820690597622

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3772698787977185627

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7727650085009916595

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2840601180460198326

Thanks for your time,

Bye.
VE

Mikaeel

To explain my earlier response to curious -

This individual seemed comfortable with quoting passages of the Bible, so I felt it was easier to refer to a text that he or she was comfortable with reading.

This individual feels that since Muslims are not identifying Jesus as savior, that we will be lost. The passage I suggested reading says,

"I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour." Isaiah 43:11, King James Version

This passage clearly teaches that Allah alone is Lord and Savior. Alhamdulillah!

While it might be a simple task to discredit an unfamiliar text, I do not feel that curious will choose to ignore the Bible.

Karima

In Islam, Heaven is Just every Good Favor given by the Lord, Every pure and good thing which can be imagined and every pure and good thing which we can not even imagine about. Heaven does not have turbulence, worries, pain, fear, lies, hypocrisies and cruelties.

This is also taught in the christian teachings.

So much in common!!!

Even to mention that the angel Gabriel brought a message to Daniel, to Mary, and also came to Muhammad......another common thread.

Karima

"I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour." Isaiah 43:11, King James Version

This passage clearly teaches that Allah alone is Lord and Savior. Alhamdulillah!

This is saying that only God/Allah is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. .... no
one can come to heaven/paradise, but through Me. Believing in Me.

Imad

Assalamo alaikoem warahmatullahi wabaraktuh dear brothers and sisters,

Feel welcome Curios

One of the big problems of the Christians is the trinity. They believe there are Three Gods but they are one God 1+1+1=1. The Father, the Son and the holy Spirit are three but are one, the Triniy.

I have talked to some christians who denied the importance of the trinity and said it's not important, but practically we believe in One God and Jesus is His son. And other to whom i talked they said Jesus is also God. I think you know what i'am talking about.

Allah has warned you and other christians not to say this.

{O people of the Scripture (Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, nor say of Allah aught but the truth. The Messiah 'Isa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), was (no more than) a Messenger of Allah and His Word, ("Be!" - and he was) which He bestowed on Maryam (Mary) and a spirit (Ruh) created by Him; so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not: "Three (trinity)!" ….} [4:171].

And also in the bible you can find statements which makes clear that Isa didn't say he is God. How can a God eat, pray ( to God) etc etc..

A man came to the Messiah and said: "O, good teacher! What good deed shall I do to obtain eternal life? So the Messiah replied: "Why do you call me good? No one is good, except One- that is God." (Mark 10:18)

And also you mentioned jesus died for our sins. In the bible when they mentioned he was Crudified ( he isn't crusified), he said: " Eli Eli Lama Sabachtani ?/B]" which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me ?" Matthew 27:46

A God who is crying to another God saying : "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me ?"

Don't think jesus is a son of God. He is a prophet from God to preach the truth. And also Isa ( jesus) didn't claim he is a son of Allah, but he said clearly he is the prophet of Allah.

{"He (Jesus) said: 'I am indeed a servant of Allah (God): He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet; and He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me prayer and charity as long as I live. (He hath made me) kind to my mother, and not overbearing or unblest; So Peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life again'!"} [19:29-33]

It befits not te Mjesty of Allah that He should beget a son.

{Such is 'Isa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary). (It is) a statement of truth, about which they doubt (or dispute). It befits not (the Majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son [this refers to the slander of Christians against Allah, by saying that 'Isa (Jesus) is the son of Allah]. Glorified (and Exalted) be He (above all that they associate with Him). …} [19:34-35].

Because Jesus is born without a father does not mean he is His son. Allah subhanahu wata3ala Is able to create a humanbeing without a father nor a mother like Adam. Allah is able to do everything.

When Mariam ( Mary) heard from Jibriel ( gabriel) she will have a baby. She said how can i have a child while no man has touched me.
The angel said in reply: "Even so: Allah (God) createth what He willeth: when He hath decreed a matter He but sayeth to it 'Be,' and it is! And Allah will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Torah (Law) and the Gospel," (Holy Qur'an, 3:47-48)

And also you claim to enter paradise when you believe in jesus as a son of God. Islam teaches us to surrender yourself to the teachings of Allah and to follow the prophet.

And read the bible and i want from you to give me the verse where it is mentioned to follow the laws/commandments if you want to enter paradise. If you say no there is no verse i will come with it insha Allah.

In Jana ( paradise) there is what the eye didn't see before , the ear didn't hear before and a person never have imagine before.

Wassalamao alaikoem warahmatollahi wabaraktoh dear brothers and sisters

take care Curious

Child of GOD

AMEN and AMEN ,,,CURIOS,,God sent Jesus down to us to live a life of a human to know what temptations befall us to see our desires, our faults and to love us in spite of it all, JESUS died on that cross to save us from our sins,,cuz God wanted to prove to us just how much he loved us and to try to relate the real life that we lead as being humans...then God so loved us that he gave his only begotten son Jesus to die for us so that we may have everlasting life. By God showing us how much he would sacrifice for us sinners, so should we learn from that to sacrifice and live by Gods word.

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bismillah,

@ Child

Tell me, how can you really believe these things that Paul (who wasn't even a Disciple of Jesus - pbuh) has tried (and really has succeeded big time) to put into the minds of people that God (astagfirullah), would love other people so much that He (swt) would let His "only Son" suffer and get humiliated by people and get crucified, to show His love to the people that way?! What kind of love is that?!
So poeple can go around and do the worst things that one can do (murder, rape etc. etc.) and just believe that doctrine and they are saved! Where is the justice then?!

There so many other crucial issues that make these things fail to stand, like : can you back that up by scripture? Who wrote the Bible? You can't! And what language did Jesus speak, and in what language do you have the scriptures that have survived? Where is the original Bible (or Injeel)?

So that people fall into that trap and believe these things without questoning their reason, is just outstanding!

But people with intelect and sense of reasoning question these things and seek for answers, and when they start thinking with a critical mind and elaborate on these issues, they see that it is not the very true and reliable Truth they thought it was before they really bothered knowing the Truth.

So it is not too late insha'Allah for you too to start analyzing these things, because we have only this one chance in this life!

But in the end it is only Allah (swt) that guides whom He wants to the Truth.

curious

Thanks

Hi again,

well thanks to everything who has written in with something -it has made some very interesting reading! I can't respond to everyone who has raised issues, but I'd like to just pick a few to find out a bit more about what people are meaning...

1.) Quite a few posts seemed to give the impression that Christianity offered an easy answer to sin, requiring little commitment from the believer. Hannnah 123 if I may use you as an example, you said that:

4) Why would heaven be easy to enter? It's paradise, how can we just say "i accept jesus into my life as my savior" and boom the doors to heaven are open. Our sins should not be forgiven this way, it makes no sense. They are our sins we need to repent, pray, fast, and God-willing be forgiven. I know that God is the Most Merciful. And since He is the Most Merciful, Most Compassionate, He would have no need to send a light or a guide calling him a son to us.

I think this belief stems sady from certain evangelicals who have given the impression that a prayer "accepting Jesus as my saviour" is all that is required for someone to be a Christian. This is clearly an unbiblical idea. The apostle James writes:

"What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one says to them, "go in peace, be warmed and filled", without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works is dead." James 2:14-17

In other words, a Christian is saved by his faith in Christ, but if that faith is unaccompanied by works, that faith is not demonstrated to be real. It has been said that "We have been saved by faith, not by works, but the faith that saves, works." Hence many of those who claim to be Christians and yet lead unholy and immoral lives, prove by their actions (works) that they are in fact not Christians.

If we believe that we can come to God as a result of our own righteousness, this shows (from a Christian point of view) that we have either a view of God that is too low, or a view of ourselves that is too high.

So the Bible says that "All our righteous deeds are as filthy rags" (Isaiah 64:6) and "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23). God is so holy that even our righteous acts are like filthy rags to him. For a Christian, to think that these "rags" could save him, and allow him into the presence of a holy God is inconcievable. Hence we believe that only the blood of the perfect sacrifice (Jesus) on our behalf could make us presentable before such a holy God. Jesus' death on the cross was therefore not weakness virtualeye, but His moment of greatest victory over sin and death, which He chose to endure and accomplish. ".....Looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God." (Hebrews 12:2)

Yes God could easily have done it without Christ, as you suggest allahsservant, but that would have defied His very nature, for it would have proved that God was not just, but fickle. If a judge let off a murderer or a thief without punishment, would we say that was merciful or unjust? The God of the Bible never overlooks sin because of his justice, all sin must be punished. In the Old Testamant this was symbolically through the blood of animal sacrifices, but ultimately only the blood of Jesus is sufficient to wash away sins.

2.) Mikaeel, you quote Isaiah 43:11 - "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour." As a Christian I can wholeheartedly agree with this, for when God speaks in the Old Testament, He speaks as Trinity - as Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Jesus says "Before Abraham was, I am." (John 8:58) Jesus has existed from eternity - he did not come into existence when he was born of Mary, but has always existed with the Father. His work of salvation was also the work of the Father who sent Him, through the power of the Holy Spirit.

3.) Imad, you write:

And read the bible and i want from you to give me the verse where it is mentioned to follow the laws/commandments if you want to enter paradise.

There are many, many verses in the Old Testament telling the Israelites to follow the Torah, the laws of God in order to be saved. This showed their faith in God, that he would save them, but has now been superceded by Christ, who was the fulfillment of the Law on our behalf. Hence the New Testament does not talk about following laws in the same way as in the Old Testament. We follow the "law of love" instead, which is imprinted on our hearts (Ezekiel 36:27). The apostle Paul makes this plain when he writes: "For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, "Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the book of the law and do them." Now it is evident that noone is justified before God by the law, for "The righteous shall live by faith." (Galatians 3:10-11.)

4.) There were many comments about trinity, which is a vital subject, but this post is already incredibly long, so I will wait and post in another one.

5.) I asked some questions about paradise - many thanks to those who replied mentioning this. However I am still somewhat confused by the Islamic idea of paradise. In the Bible, heaven (or paradise) is heaven because God is there, and we are able to worship God for all of eternity (Revelation 7:9-12). From what I have read from some posts, it appears that paradise in Islam is full of essentially earthly pleasures, or imagined/unimagined rewards. Is Allah present in paradise, and is he worshipped for all of eternity by Muslims? Also, how does Allah decide who goes to paradise and who goes to hell? Do all Muslims go to paradise?

Thanks again for all of your time. Many thanks and God bless you all.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Bismillah Hir Rahman Nir Rahim,

In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent the Most Merciful,

Allah’s closeness to his Worshippers
(those who worship him upon Correct belief (Islaam), without ascribing any partners to him):

"If My 'ibad (worshipers) ask you about Me; (say that) I am very close, answering the caller when he calls on Me." (al-Baqarah 2/186)

The Prophet :saw: also said:
"Supplication (ad-Du'aa) is worship, your Lord the Mighty and Majestic said: 'Call upon Me – I will respond to your invocation.'

Allah draws near to his believers during the last third of each night in a way that only befits his majesty.

"Our Lord descends during the last third of each night to the lower heaven, and says: 'Is there anyone who calls on Me that I may respond to him? Is there anyone who asks Me that I may give unto him? Is there anyone who requests My Forgiveness that I may forgive him?"' (Agreed upon it by al-Bukhari and Muslim)

The Prophet :saw: also said:
"Oh people! Restrain yourselves. Verily, you are not calling One Who is deaf or absent, the One you call is nearer to each of you than is the neck of your riding animal."
(Hadith Muslim)

The Prophet :saw:(Blessings and Peace be Upon him) is reported to have said:

"Verily, Allah will say to his slave when He will be taking account of him on the Day of Judgement, 'O' son of Adam, I was hungry and you did not feed me.' He will answer: 'How could I feed you? You are the Lord of the worlds!' He will say: 'Did you not know that my slave so and so who is the son of so and so felt hunger, and you did not feed him. Alas, had you fed him you would have found that (i.e. reward) with Me.' 'O' son of Adam, I was thirsty and you gave Me nothing to drink.' He will reply: 'How could I give You drink? You are the Lord of the worlds!' He will say: 'Did you not know that my slave so and so, the son of so and so felt thirsty and you did not give him drink. Alas, if you had given him, you would have found that (i.e. reward) with me.' 'O' son of Adam, I became sick and you did not visit Me.' He will answer: 'How can I visit You? You are the Lord of the worlds!' He will say: 'Did you not know that my slave so and so, the son of so and so became sick and you did not visit him. Alas, had you visited him, you would have found Me with him."'

The Prophet :saw: said "Allah will talk to each person directly without a mediator between them." (Agreed upon it by al-Bukhari and Muslim)

In Saheeh Muslim it is narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet :saw:peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah has one hundred parts of mercy, of which He sent down one between the jinn, mankind, the animals and the insects, by means of which they are compassionate and merciful to one another, and by means of which wild animals are kind to their offspring. And Allaah has kept back ninety-nine parts of mercy with which to be merciful to His slaves of the Day of Resurrection.”
Muslim, al-Tawbah, 6908.

Karima

Asalamualikum,

The God of the Bible never overlooks sin because of his justice, all sin must be punished. In the Old Testamant this was symbolically through the blood of animal sacrifices, but ultimately only the blood of Jesus is sufficient to wash away sins.

This was not symbolic, but a serious command from God to kill the first born, unblemished lamb and serve the meat, the aroma from the smoke, and the blood as an atonement before God, as an act of obedience in forgiveness of sin. Man could not go to God, unless this was done, first...according to the Old Testament.

In the New Testament, Jesus was the 'sacrificial lamb' to be symbolic of the animals....so no more were the animals needed to be sacrificed to God...for forgiveness of sins.

In Islam, faith is doing what God/Allah suggested in the first place. To pray at all times, and by those who pray 5 or more times a day is following what the prophets were doing all along....they just did not put numbers of how many to do with them. But they prayed without ceasing.

Muhammad is not doing anything out of the ordinary...from what Abraham, Moses, Jesus, etc. did. Muhammad just happened to be a faithful, God-fearing man. God needed one more person to be the comfortor.....as was proclaimed in the bible. So in time, God sent the Angel Gabriel to come to man.....the prophet Muhammad....and from there....came the exact words from God through the Angel Gabriel to Muhammad. Nothing has changed.

Faith and doing good works as well as praying before God all work together and there are so many similar qualities that tie in with what the Christian, and Jewish believe.

No one is worshipping the evil one. All has 'faith' and 'fear' of God/Allah...and also following through with 'good deeds'....in everyday life.

We all in this forum are like ants under a microscope before God/Allah. And it is really nice to read how serious it is to do what is the right thing to do. No one has seen God/Allah....all of us have a trust in faith which is the key to something unseen.....but believe with our souls.

Salam...to all.

Imad

Hello Curios thank you for your reply,

First of all you have to know the meaning of faith. You mean by faith " believing in Jesus as son of God". Muslims when they are talking about faith they mean " the Oneness of Allah Islamic Monotheism "

Every prophet send to his people made clear to them to believe in The Oneness of Allah and to surrender to Him.

Allah said ( translation of the meaning): " And We did not send any Messenger before you (O Muhammad SAW) but We inspired him (saying): Lâ ilâha illa Ana [none has the right to be worshipped but I (Allâh)], so worship Me (Alone and none else)"[21:25]

One of the big problems of the christians is : They don't understand the meaning of Faith. Instead of worshipping Allah they worship jesus.

"But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." Matthew 15:9

That's the same you are doing now curious. You are teaching the commandments of men. Why because you are using the bible which is altered by men to teach others that jesus is son of God and to believe in him as son of God, while jesus teached the people to believe only in Allah and to worship Allah alone.

And (remember) when Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection): "O Jesus, son of Mary! Did you say unto men: "Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allah?" He will say: "Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner-self though I do not know what is in Yours, truly, You, only You, are the All-Knower of all that is hidden and unseen. Never did I say to them aught except what You (Allah) did command me to say: ‘Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.’ And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them, but when You took me up, You were a Witness to all things. (This is a great admonition and warning to the Christians of the whole world)."(Al-Ma’idah 5:116-117)

So in this regard you don't have to talk about faith, but study first the meaning of faith. In this website you will get enough information insha Allah about faith. Read the information about "Tawheed", which means oneness of Allah.

We Muslims believe in the injiel which has send to jesus ( i mean by this the original) and i don't mean the bible which exists now. It's altered by men and some of the statements can be true and other false.

I will give you now the opportunity to give answer to this letter. And i insha Allah will answer also the other Questions when you start with answering my letter about trinity.

Take care,

Imad