"Islamic" Nasheed?? Think again!!! (Very very very Important)

s.hashemi

:salam2:
If the lyrics bring you closer to Allah and his Prophet sws, encourage you to pray, and read the Qur'an that is one thing.

If the lyrics endorse gholoo of the Prophet sws and "sufi saints", and cause you to jump up and down holding hands shouting ah!ah!ah! and hu!hu!hu! with the lights out infront of a table with candles and a "sheikh/murshid/peer/muqaddam/tariqa leader" encouraging you; then that's another thing.

Shishani

Staff member
:salam2:
is really music not legal in Islam?as new revert,how is it possible for me to leave all the music I listen?it makes me company and I have a mountain of cds,what is allowed to do in islam,if also music is forbidden?I worked in discoteque as barman,I got amused from that psychedelic music.why Islam forbids what is pleasant?I ask just to have more answers,I don't know how to behave.should I throw all my music in the trash?
Waalaykum salam.

Read this akhi:
ruling on music http://islamqa.com/en/ref/5000
"can't leave music": http://islamqa.com/en/ref/99750/leave music

Don't worry my brother, just make du'aa and try to get more knowledge about Allaah, Rasulullah & Islaam in general, and inshaAllah u will get stronger & stronger in ur eemaan and leave more sins.

pang yas

:salam2:Sukran for reminding us.:astag: just got back from Umra.heard a phone ringing with a musical tone in the Harram[.The curse has taken over the whole world. Once the athaan ruled the airways supreme. Now the curse especialy in my country where every car has loud music exploding out of them ,rattling the windows as they pass./I]

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu alaicum wa raahmatulah wa baarakatuhu

I really did not knew that nasheeds without music can be forbidden in Islam and I really can not understand the reasons behind it. I can only say that Allah knows the best, because I always thought that nasheeds without music are halal and allowed,and that only " music" and " musical instuments" are forbidden.

But as some brothers and sisters explained, there are diffrent opinions regarding this subject. Alhadmulillah I always listen nasheeds without music, but I also listen Quran recitations and memoraise Quran as well,and listening nasheeds without music is not brining me any harm Alhamdulillah, niether it is affecting on any way on my Hifz of Quran.

Also I belive that it is better to listen nasheeds and spend your time on that way, than to watch movies, or tv serias where it is always showing haram and wrong things. And Allah knows the best.

May Allah forgive me if I said anything wrong and may Allah guide us all to the right path. Allahume Ameen. :tti_sister:

:wasalam:

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
The issue of music is debatable. It's always been debatable. There are convincing arguments on both sides of the issue. So we shouldn't just say it's haram, without putting up the other sides argument as well. More important is whether or not the content of the music is halal or haram. Sometimes I wonder why having the gift and talent of being able to play instruments would be haram?

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
The issue of music is debatable. It's always been debatable. There are convincing arguments on both sides of the issue. So we shouldn't just say it's haram, without putting up the other sides argument as well. More important is whether or not the content of the music is halal or haram. Sometimes I wonder why having the gift and talent of being able to play instruments would be haram?

What do you mean debatable? Scholars say its haraam, end of story. you must stick to that.

and if you are unsure then I recommend you stay on the safe side :) Music is no oxygen we cannot live without.

regarding 'talent' thing, brother some people are talented thieves and talented murderers. does this make stealing and killing halaal? In the matters of fiqh we should stick to jurisprudence not our logic and philosophy. :astag:

didn't mean it in insulting way, sorry if what I say sounds bit harsh to you.