Islamquiz...

Oem Soufiane

Let's ask eachother questions about islam and the next person must answer with dalil, only go to the next question if the first is solved... Don't know how this is gonna work out, but i thought it's a good way to fill our spare time, waiting for a reply to your posts in other threats. (for the tti- addicts)

first one: Who wrote the quran?

IbnAlAawam

:salam2:

Good idea, jazakallah khayran.

My dalil:

Chapter 74: THE BEGINNING OF REVELATION TO THE MESSENGER OF ALLAH (MAY PEACE BE UPON HIM)
Sahih Muslim Book 001, Number 0301:

A'isha, the wife of the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him), reported: The first (form) with which was started the revelation to the Messenger of Allah was the true vision in sleep. And he did not see any vision but it came like the bright gleam of dawn. Thenceforth solitude became dear to him and he used to seclude himself in the cave of Hira', where he would engage in tahannuth (and that is a worship for a number of nights) before returning to his family and getting provisions again for this purpose. He would then return to Khadija and take provisions for a like period, till Truth came upon him while he was in the cave of Hira'. There came to him the angel and said: Recite, to which he replied: I am not lettered. He took hold of me [the Apostle said] and pressed me, till I was hard pressed; thereafter he let me off and said: Recite. I said: I am not lettered. He then again took hold of me and pressed me for the second time till I was hard pressed and then let me off and said: Recite, to which I replied: I am not lettered. He took hold of me and pressed me for the third time, till I was hard pressed and then let me go and said: Recite in the name of your Lord Who created, created man from a clot of blood. Recite. And your most bountiful Lord is He Who taught the use of pen, taught man what he knew not (al-Qur'an, xcvi. 1-4). Then the Prophet returned therewith, his heart was trembling, and he went to Khadija and said: Wrap me up, wrap me up! So they wrapped him till the fear had left him. He then said to Khadija: O Khadija! what has happened to me? and he informed her of the happening, saying: I fear for myself. She replied: It can't be. Be happy. I swear by Allah that He shall never humiliate you. By Allah, you join ties of relationship, you speak the truth, you bear people's burden, you help the destitute, you entertain guests, and you help against the vicissitudes which affect people. Khadija then took him to Waraqa b. Naufal b. Asad b. 'Abd al-'Uzza, and he was the son of Khadija's uncle, i. e., the brother of her father. And he was the man who had embraced Christianity in the Days of Ignorance (i. e. before Islam) and he used to write books in Arabic and, therefore, wrote Injil in Arabic as God willed that he should write. He was very old and had become blind Khadija said to him: O uncle! listen to the son of your brother. Waraqa b. Naufal said: O my nephew! what did you see? The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him), then, informed him what he had seen, and Waraqa said to him: It is namus that God sent down to Musa. Would that I were then (during your prophetic career) a young man. Would that I might be alive when your people would expel you! The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Will they drive me out? Waraqa said: Yes. Never came a man with a like of what you have brought but met hostilities. If I see your day I shall help you wholeheartedly.

RECORDING AND PRESERVATION OF THE QUR'AN
Spacer
dot_GreenTarq.gif

The very first word revealed to Muhammad (pbuh) was 'iqra' meaning read or recite (Surah 96 Ayah 1). Thus it is not surprising that as soon as a verse was revealed, he would memorize it so that he could recite it to others, and the very next Surah that was revealed was Surah 68 Ayah (1-2), which emphasised the use of pen, thus not only that the revealed verses were memorized, they were also put in writing.

"Nun. By the Pen and by the (Record) which (men) write." (68:1)

"Thou art not by the grace of thy Lord mad or possessed." (68:2)

Among the many companions of the Prophet, some of the most literate, who had good command of the Arabic language, were Abu-Bakr, Ali Ibn Abi-Talib, Othman Ibn Afan, Zaid Ibn Thabit, Umar Ibn Alkhattab. There were many companions towards the end of this mission, some were more closer to the Prophet than others. They were all very pious and righteous people, full of integrity and honesty. They were ready to follow and support the Prophet at the expense of all their personal belongings and lives. In addition to acting as his scribes, they also memorized the Qur'an directly from Muhammad (pbuh).

As soon as a portion of the Qur'an was revealed, Muhammad would call his scribe, from among his companions, to record it in writing. The Prophet would than ask the scribe to read the portion to ensure that what was written down was verbatim word of Allah. Once satisfied with the written text, the Prophet would instruct the scribe to put the verse or verses where they belonged. That is, he would say the name of the Surah and the location where the just revealed portion (verse or verses) were to be inserted, thus ensuring that the textual order of the Qur'an was in accordance with the Divine plan.

His scribes used leather, parchments, leaves and tablets to write down the verses. These manuscripts were kept in the safe custody, and it is reported that in fact they were kept in the house of the Prophet.

It was quite common for many companions to also make their own personal copies with marginal notes, foot-notes and comments for their personal use. Thus the Qur'anic verses were not only memorized by the Prophet and many of his companions, but also existed in written form during the lifetime of the Prophet, unlike any other scriptures in the history of world religion.

In order to ensure the authenticity of the Qur'an, Allah Almighty took the necessary steps - once every year during the month of Ramadan, Angel Gabriel would come to the Prophet and hear him recite the Qur'an (whatever was revealed to that point in time). And during the last year, before Muhammad's death, Angel Gabriel came twice to hear him recite the Qur'an, thus ensuring that the words of Allah have not been forgotten or changed. During this review many companions were present and heard the Prophet's recital. Hence, they also had the chance to ensure that what they had memorized were correct and not forgotten.

We also know that the Prophet lead the five daily prayers, during which he would recite portions of the Qur'an. This also became an excellent means of ensuring that his followers would never forget what they had memorized.

Muhammad (pbuh) was the 'Living Qur'an'. He helped his companions memorize the Qur'an and as time went by, many of those who embraced Islam, started memorizing as well. These memorizers of the Qur'an, known as Huffaz-Al-Qur'an. Thus, the Qur'an was in the memory of many Muslims and was also in written form during the lifetime of the Prophet. The proof that Qur'an was in written form during the lifetime of the Prophet is evident from the following Hadith:

Narrated Ibn Umar: "The messenger of Allah (pbuh) Said: Do not take the Qur'an on a journey with you, for I am afraid lest it should fall into the hands of the enemy". (Ref: Bukhari, Vol. IV No. 233)

Another strong evidence that the revelations were in written form during the lifetime of the Prophet comes from his last sermon - The Prophet is reported to have said:

"I leave behind me two things, the Qur'an and my examples the Sunnah and if you follow these you will never go astray'........

If the Qur'an was not in written form during the lifetime of the Prophet, he would never have said I leave behind the Qur'an.

Hence, unlike any other scripture, the Qur'anic revelations were recorded and written down during the lifetime of The Prophet (Muhammad, PBUH).

If you accept my answer, then my question is who were the 10 sahabas to whom glad tidings of Paradise was announced to during their lifetime?
:)

Oem Soufiane

:ma: , nice one, I'll have to look up the answer, don't know it:shymuslima1: but still, this is good for my imaaan, brothers/sisters come along and post your answer, even if it is short, someone else will inshallah find the dalil, but remember don't move on without dalil. We need to learn facts

Oem Soufiane

Aboe Bakr As-sidieq
Omar ibn Al-khattab
Othmaan ibn Affan
Ali ibn abuTalib
Abu Obayda ibn Jarrah
Talha
Saad ibn abuWaqqas
Said ibn Zaid
Abdul-rahman ibn 3awf
Zubeir inb Al-3awam

The ten people who were given the glad tidings of Paradise were the companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) who are mentioned in the hadeeth narrated by ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn ‘Awf, who said:

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Abu Bakr will be in Paradise, ‘Umar will be in Paradise, ‘Uthmaan will be in Paradise, ‘Ali will be in Paradise, Talhah will be in Paradise, al-Zubayr will be in Paradise, ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn ‘Awf will be in Paradise, Sa’d will be in Paradise, Sa’eed will be in Paradise, and Abu ‘Ubaydah ibn al-Jarraah will be in Paradise.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 3680). Sa’d is Sa’d ibn Abi Waqqaas, and Sa’eed is Sa’eed ibn Zayd.

next question: what were the names of all the wifes of the prophet saws?

Oem Soufiane

You beat me to it :)

Minor corrections: Ali's father is Abu-Taalib, and Saad's father is Abu-Waqqaas. And unless I'm mistaken, it's Abu-Ubayda ibn Al-Jarraah.

The prophet's wives after Khadeeja bint Khuwaylid were:

• `Aa'isha bint Abi-Bakr,
  • Hafsa bint Umar,
  • Zaynab bint Jahsh,
  • Safiyya bint Huyayy,
  • Maria the Coptic,
  • Umm Salama,
  • Maymoona bint Al Haarith,
  • Zaynab bint Khuzaama,
  • Juwayriyya bint Haarith,
  • Umm Habeeba bint Sufyaan,
  • Sawda bint Zam`a

I cheated on the last five by looking them up on anwary-islam.com. :redface:

Not all of the above were at the same time, but I don't positively know which ones were, do you?

actually I don't, I asked the question to learn from it lol, didn't even know all the names.:shymuslima1: you can ask the next question ayman.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Ok. Which of the following IS a Hadith?

1. "Work for your wordly life as if you live forever and work for your lasting life as if you die tomorrow."

2. "Each of you is a caretaker and each of you is responsible for his or her subjects."

3. After coming back from a victorious battle, the prophet said "We've come back from the minor Jihaad to the major Jihaad." When asked what the major jihaad was, he replied "Jihaad of the self."

:) . The last one ( number 3)

My question:
who are the best among us??

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
You are right, brother :) The "Major Jihaad" Hadith is one of the most famous made-up Hadiths! (Mawdhoo`) It is a great example that some fabricated Hadiths are so brilliantly fabricated that they sound like something the prophet would say! That is why the science of Hadith authentication has the rule that the body of a Hadith (Matn) is insufficient and secondary in authenticating it. Validating the chain of narrators (Sanad) is the primary and necessary method of authentication.

The first quote is by Abdullah ibn Umar, may God have been pleased with him. It is a wonderful, practical advice but not something the prophet said.

++Ayman

Thanks , i just knew that.....:eek:
i was like " An easy question we got here"
i thought i was going to get it right 100%...:)

Asalaamalikum,

My question....

Who almost tried to strangle and kill the Prophet(saw) with a sheet? Who came to his rescue?

falasteny

i know that a woman tried to murder muhammad saas by giving him a poisoned sheep so just to make sure u r asking about a sheep or a sheet ???

Oem Soufiane

Asalaamalikum,

My question....

Who almost tried to strangle and kill the Prophet(saw) with a sheet? Who came to his rescue?

I only know about the poison story, the woman who did it was a jewish, don't know who came to rescue:

Bukhari :: Book 3 :: Volume 47 :: Hadith 786
Narrated Anas bin Malik:

A Jewess brought a poisoned (cooked) sheep for the Prophet who ate from it. She was brought to the Prophet and he was asked, "Shall we kill her?" He said, "No." I continued to see the effect of the poison on the palate of the mouth of Allah's Apostle .

Bukhari :: Book 7 :: Volume 71 :: Hadith 669
Narrated Abu Huraira:

When Khaibar was conquered, Allah's Apostle was presented with a poisoned (roasted) sheep. Allah's Apostle said, "Collect for me all the Jews present in this area." (When they were gathered) Allah's Apostle said to them, "I am going to ask you about something; will you tell me the truth?" They replied, "Yes, O Abal-Qasim!" Allah's Apostle said to them, "Who is your father?" They said, "Our father is so-and-so." Allah's Apostle said, "You have told a lie. for your father is so-and-so," They said, "No doubt, you have said the truth and done the correct thing." He again said to them, "If I ask you about something; will you tell me the truth?" They replied, "Yes, O Abal-Qasim! And if we should tell a lie you will know it as you have known it regarding our father," Allah's Apostle then asked, "Who are the people of the (Hell) Fire?" They replied, "We will remain in the (Hell) Fire for a while and then you (Muslims) will replace us in it" Allah's Apostle said to them. ''You will abide in it with ignominy. By Allah, we shall never replace you in it at all." Then he asked them again, "If I ask you something, will you tell me the truth?" They replied, "Yes." He asked. "Have you put the poison in this roasted sheep?" They replied, "Yes," He asked, "What made you do that?" They replied, "We intended to learn if you were a liar in which case we would be relieved from you, and if you were a prophet then it would not harm you."

or did you mean something else?

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salam Brother/Sister,

When prophet Mohammed (S.A.W) was offering namaz a man by name utba or sheeba ( srry namenot remember properly) then Abubakar (ra) came and protected Prophet by saying that u wanna kill a man who teach u to pray one God. I know this to my lil knowledge.

Allah Hafiz.

If my Answer is right then my question is

When Prophet (pbuh) was travelling from Macca to Madina (higrath) along with Abubakar (r.a) at that time Prophet (pbuh) prdicted to a non muslim that I m cing the beganls of kisra in ur hand then pls name the non muslim person to whom Phophet (S.A.W.S) said and this prophisy came true in whose period ?

Jazak Allah Khair.
Asalaamalikum,

My question....