Jehova's folks shov their flyers but refuse to take mine

BigAk

:salam2:

What is up with that attitude???

They came knocking on my door. I took them in my home and showed them hospitality while all my american neighbors slammed their doors on them. I debated with them for two hours. At the end, the refused to take my literature??!!! Yet, they wanted to shov theirs down my throat??? What's up with that???

I did not like that at all.

ShyHijabi

Salaam brother,

It's what they do. They are a cult and strictly programmed how to deal with people they are prostelytzing with. I don't ever invite them into my home but rather bring out my Qu'ran and explain to them why our beliefs are not compatible. (on the front doorstep)

Just ask them about child molestations and if it requires multiple witnesses in order for the child to be believed. Or if a child molestor is uncovered in their midst why they are not turned into the police. This should make them squirm a bit. Ask about shunning and defellowshipping. Ask them why only very select members can take sacrament. A link that will really expose some of the huge fault with this cult: http://www.silentlambs.org/

BigAk

Say this to them:

Rapture of 144,000 People From Jehova Witnesses?

Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Rahiim

Sahih Muslim Hadith number 1371

Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr

Someone came to him and said: What is this hadith that you narrate that the Last Hour will come at a certain time? Thereupon he said: Hallowed be Allah, there is no god but Allah (or words to the same effect). I have decided that I shall not narrate anything to anyone now. I have only said that you will see after some time an important event: that the (sacred) House (Ka'bah) will be burnt and it definitely happen. He then reported that Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: The Dajjal will appear in my Ummah and he will stay (in the world) for forty--I cannot say whether he meant forty days, forty months or forty years. Allah will then send Jesus, son of Mary, who will resemble Urwah ibn Mas'ud. He (Jesus 'alaihi Shalawatu wa Salaam) will chase him and kill him. Then people will live for seven years, during which time there will be no rancour between any two persons. After that Allah will send a cold wind from the direction of Syria. None will survive on Earth, having a speck of good in him or faith in him: he will die. Even if some among you were to enter the innermost part of the mountain, this wind would reach that place also and cause your death. I heard Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) as saying: Only the wicked people will survive and they will be as careless as birds with the characteristics of beasts. They will never appreciate good nor condemn evil. Then Satan will come to them, in human form, and would say: Don't you respond? They will say: What do you order us to do? He will command them to worship the idols but, in spite of this, they will have an abundance of sustenance and lead comfortable lives. Then the trumpet will be blown and he who hears it will bend his neck to one side and raise it from the other side. The first one to hear that trumpet will be the person who is busy in having sexual intercourse with his camel. He will faint and the other people will also faint. Then Allah will send or He will cause to be sent rain which will be like dew and there will grow out of it the bodies of people. Then the second trumpet will be blown and they will stand up and begin to look (around). Then it will be said: O people, go to your Lord. They will be made to stand there and they will be questioned. Then it will be said: Bring out a group (of them) for the Hell-Fire. It will be asked: How much? It will be said: Nine hundred and ninety-nine out of one thousand for the Hell-Fire. That will be the day that will make the children old because of its terror and that will be the day about which it has been said: "On the day when the shank will be uncovered".

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

I am having a hard time comprehending or believing the statements in RED.. Could someone please explain??

Actually... much of the above sounds strange.... but especially the RED ones!!!

Is this hadith sahih?? What is the proof??

Beside... I am not sure what this hadith has to do with the topic of this thread!!!! If anyone can convey with convicing fashion, I would appreciate it.

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
Well it is in Muslim 1371. The sustenance of the earth will be in abundance, in Qishshah AlMasih Dajjal wa Nuzuli AlMasih Iisa Ibn Maryam Qatlihi Iyyahu by syaikh Nashir Al Albaani, he wrote the Hadits showing that Allahu Tabaraka Ta'ala will enrich the soil of this earth and its fruits, as in the Adam 'alaihi Shalawatu wa Salaam's time.

The other verse is literal, and Rasulullah Shalawatullahi wa Salaam instructed people to kill anyone who done that to animal.

Would you mind toning down the font a little Brother - would love to go through your posts properly but some of the formatting is very awkard - especially in the first post :redface:

:jazaak:

BigAk

Well it is in Muslim 1371. The sustenance of the earth will be in abundance, in Qishshah AlMasih Dajjal wa Nuzuli AlMasih Iisa Ibn Maryam Qatlihi Iyyahu by syaikh Nashir Al Albaani, he wrote the Hadits showing that Allahu Tabaraka Ta'ala will enrich the soil of this earth and its fruits, as in the Adam 'alaihi Shalawatu wa Salaam's time.

The other verse is literal, and Rasulullah Shalawatullahi wa Salaam instructed people to kill anyone who done that to animal.

Brother..... Could you direct me to where I can find this hadith in arabic... I have a feeling that the english translation is losing much of the meaning of this hadith...

BigAk

ShyHijabi wrote:

Well, all religions, when controlled by evil people, become cults, whose goal is not to help people find God, but to brainwash people into serving the interests of those running the religion. It is unfortunate that the deception is generally such that those who have been brainwashed are convinved that they are serving God, and not the evil people in charge of their religion.

Jehovah's witnesses are particularly annoying (at least vs. other religions in the US), as one of the rules they have in their religion is that when all boys in the religion (not sure whether girls have to do this or not) turn 18, they must then spend their spare time for the next two years going door to door and 'witnessing' for their church. It's fun to mess with them though. I'd recommend either showing up with a dummied up copy of the Necronomicon (or some other imaginary demonic book from cheap horror movies) and telling them you're a satanist, and they are just in time to help you perform your sacrifice of a chicken, or else get them into a discussion on some very complex subject such as the hardiness of polyploidal alfalfa or the theological implications of the discovery of the zero point feild.

Hahaha.... Wow.. I had no idea about all of this.. Is this really part of their belief system??

ShyHijabi

ShyHijabi wrote:

Well, all religions, when controlled by evil people, become cults, whose goal is not to help people find God, but to brainwash people into serving the interests of those running the religion. It is unfortunate that the deception is generally such that those who have been brainwashed are convinved that they are serving God, and not the evil people in charge of their religion.

Jehovah's witnesses are particularly annoying (at least vs. other religions in the US), as one of the rules they have in their religion is that when all boys in the religion (not sure whether girls have to do this or not) turn 18, they must then spend their spare time for the next two years going door to door and 'witnessing' for their church. .

Actually this is the mormons you are confusing them with. They require their males to serve a two year mission before they can receive their ordinances of the preisthood. I can direct you to sites that show the perversion of thier cult as well.

Both the JW and the Mormons were founded by men who were previously scammers. Jospeh Smith was a gold seeker and even used "peep stones" to relay the book of Mormon. He took women who were already married and made them his "spiritual wives." So we are basically talking about demanding his followers to give up their wives to satiate his lust. The mormons believe they can become gos in the next life and that the husband gets to determine if his wife will be ressurreted. Can you imagine? You anger your husband and it could effect your eternal soul? For mormon cult explanation here's a helpful link. http://www.salamandersociety.com/

This was started by ex-mormons who uncover the cults methods of brainwashing and control.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise

One other amazing fact is that the founder of both of these religions, (Jehovas Witness and Mormon) were Free Masons.
This should tell you what kind of religion these two would be.

:wasalam:

ShyHijabi

Septithol,

I's not the polygyny that I took issue with, it was the fact he demanded to marry already married women as a show of faith from his male followers. He even went as far as to tell a 14 year old girl that the salvation of her entire family was dependent on her marrying him. (she was opposed to the marriage until given that ultimatum)

Joseph Smith even went as far to have some of his male members killed off or sent away from the prettier wives so he could take them as his own. He also spoke of "blood atonement" where the only way to remove a sin from a follower was to shed his blood on the ground. So if you didn't toe the line (and that line was subject to constant change) you would have blood atonement declared.

He also did huge bank scams and beggared his followers and then ran for the hills when they came back to claim their investments. Eventually he was shot in the back by the very people who were so devout to him. The mormons have done some interesting white washing of history and claimed he was killed by mormon haters and thus making him a martyr. Oh and one last thing, he taught that black people were that color because they were neutral when the war in heaven was fought between God and Satan. And that their black skin was "the mark of Cain." He even stated they could not be priesthood bearers. (that was changed later in the 1970s as political pressure was applied) So much for sacred unchangable law.

BigAk

If one group of people, be they people of a specific color, or gender, or caste, or whatever are getting priveleges, or not having certain obligations in a religion, and other groups don't get the priveleges or do get the obligations, it makes me suspect that the religion is not the word of God, but instead, the word of someone who always mysteriously just 'happens' to be in the privileged group. Now, if a religion preaches that it's followers have MORE obligations than other people, and that the other people might still get to heaven regardless, because less is expected of them, then I am more likely to believe that it is a revelation from a benevolent divine being..

I don't view marrying more than one wife as a privelage by any means...far from it. Can you imagine how hard and an impossible task to be just and equal among all of them. Heck I am married to only one and yet; still have a hard time pleasing her at various occasions. I can't even imagine adding another woman to the equation then having to deal with pleasing both and be fair to both. You have to remember Allah strict condition on polygany. Allah clearly states that a man has to be fair. And in another verse He states that a man can NEVER be fair. So, you can see the huge challenge a man has in this issue that he'll be asked about in the hereafter (not sure if you believe in the hereafter).

As far as an obligation being placed on one gendor but not the other, beggs for the example why did God Almighty ordained that a woman to carry a baby for nine months and suffer the tremendous pains of delivery then nursing for years afterwards, while a man has none of those tasks!!! See... Evey gendor has their own set of obligations and responsibilities set for them accordingly. You can't claim that everything has to be equal to the T... For instance, you don't see women carrying heavy bundles of construction material on their backs to ladders they climb to roofs of building to slave for hours in the hot sun in order to earn a living?? Do you? My point is, we (males/females) are different and you can't set total equal grounds for us to stand on in every aspect of life... When we (males) don't excel in one area and you (females) do, we don't cry about it. So, please, don't claim for me (the male) that marrying more than one wife is a privilage. I think I am more equipped to cast that judgement on it than you, and I think it's a tremendous task and obligation (more so than carrying a baby for nine month)... And bare in mind, it's not all about sexual pleasure; that goes out the window when you're in a marriage quarrel. :D

BigAk

septithol,

I urge you to study the verses in the Quran about marrying more than one wife before you cast quick judgement on it and dismiss the holy book as not from God. I myself; when I was young and single, had trouble grasping the wisdom in it. But now (older and MARRIED) after research, I find it making a whole lot of sense; confirming it further the word of Allah.

May Allah guide us both to the right path. :)

ShyHijabi

Well, if two people who are married both agree that they want to marry one or more other people in some polgamous arrangement, I have no problem with that. But I have a problem when they are being made to do it as a 'show of faith'

You misunderstand, he was not asking them to be in a polyamorous marriage, he was demanding to have their wives all to himself as a "show of faith." He would tell them that their eternal soul was on the line as a means of cohersion.

The female's willingness of or unwillingness never even was allowed in the equation. During Joseph Smith's time he would "reassign" a man's wive(s) if they were disobediant. In their belief system this meant the female(s) would live with the new assigned husband for time and all eternity. Women were no more to them than breeding factories that would be traded like horses.

hana*

BigAK youre thread was excellent about how men and woman are physically and emotionally different. ofcourse as you said marrying four women is a last resort. it was introduced for reasons such as firstly the number of women in the world far out numbers that of men, if every man could only marry one woman there would be millions of women who could not marry what would they do? would they become 'public property - resoting to haraam?' plus at the time of the Prophet saas many women became widows as a result of the battles so Allah in His wisdom allowed men to re-marry these women as long as they could treat them fairly etc. i think it would be highly difficult for a woman to attend to the needs of four men. women are equal but different - they are emotionally and physically different and just like BigAk said having to carry an unborn for 9 months and then care for it for numerous years is big enough.

Ladybug3478

Hello Sepithol,

You are referring to King David (PUH) of the Israelites whom God loved so much. The complete story has many wonderful lessons that we can apply to our own lives. It seems that David (PUH) allowed Satan to take a foot hold on his heart one when day he came across Bathseba, well, taking a bath. Instead of looking away and protecting his heart he endulged is eyes. Anyway, he eventually sent Bathseba's husband to the front lines of war so, that he could have her to himself. One sin leading to another. After the husband died David (PUH) took Bathseba as his wife.

God then sent Nathan to David (PUH) with the story you mentioned about the sheep. He asked David (PUH) 'what do you think about this - what should we do'? David (PUH) said, this is wrong, this person deserves to die. Nathan then said, you are this man. God of Israel, says: I anointed you king over Israel and delivered you from the hands of Saul. I gave you the house of Israel and Judah. And, if all this would have been too little, I would have given you more. Why did you despise the word of the Lord by doing what is evil in his eyes? You see, David (PUH) relied on his self instead of God. He fell weak to his flesh. Why, if God gave him all this would he still take from others who have not what he had?

David (PUH) paid for this sin with the death of his son. But, David (PUH)understood what he had done and after praying he got up and continued to praise God because he realized it was him who strayed from the path and he understood more then a lot of us what that truly means.

Him and Bathseba later bore a son named Solomon (PUH)! A great man who prayed for God to accept the prayers of Gentiles.

Read 2 Samuel 11 & 12 for a better understanding.

As for Islam I know they believe in David but, not sure what of this information is in the Quaran. But, I am curious to find out the Islamic perspective.

Praise to God for making the passages known in order to reply to this post.

Regards.

ShyHijabi

Salaam Ladybug,

The Qu'ran actually refutes the story of David (peace be upon him) and Sheba. The prophets were actually protecting from great sins by Allah swt. For reasons we cannot fathom this is the reason why the Torah is altered by those who were entrusted with it.

Ladybug3478

Hello Shyhijabi,

I thought you might say something like that. So, from what I understand - in Islam people such as David (PUH) and Lot (PUH) were not just kings or good folks but, Prophets. And, according to Islam if someone is a prophet they would have great knowledge and not such evil tendencies.

This was explained to me by a member of the Islamic community with the story of Lot (PUH). I believe he questioned the drunkeness of Lot (PUH) and then asked if someone could actually be at a point that he wouldn't realize the women were his daughters? This does make sense if he was the only good person left in that town.

This does bring to mind other Prophets such as Ezekiel(PUH), Jeremiah(PUH), and Isaiah(PUH). Their behavior and lives were dedicated to the message of God and that's all they did but, David (PUH) and Lot (PUH) led lives that we hear more than just them preaching. In fact, they didn't stand around preaching as the others. Their message was in the life and life choices that were made. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Can you provide information that will help to understand this from the Islamic perception?

Thanks

ShyHijabi

Ladybug,

I am very familiar with the way these men are portrayed in the Bible and sometimes I wonder if the slander was added so people would be able to relate to them as more "human." The prophets were given to minor sins suhc as anger and speaking in a temper but they were protected from committing the major sins such as shirk and adultery.

Though the bible is flawed it does show that the prophets often faced people with weak spirituality who often turned from the straight path. The Qu'ran shows that this was true, that they were usually the only spiritually strong people of their time. Over and over again they explained the Oneness of God but the people tripped over themselves trying to worships stones, and statues, and golden calves. We see it even today, the Christians trying to say a man was God and should be worshipped as such. For some reason people cannot be happy with simplicity and try to enter in false forms of worship and ceremony.

In Islam we can approach Allah directly, we do not need someone to act as our imtermediary. But other religions use priests, statues, saints, and eve saying Jesus (peace be upon) is the only way to approach God. That isn't true and never will be, Allah does not require an intermediary, He is limitless.

Ladybug3478

Hello Septithol,

Wow, I just finished reading this post - a lot of information! :)

You seem to have an abundance of knowledge from various sources that you've collected over time. If I may, what draws you? What are you looking to discover? How long have you researched such religious/ spiritual topics?

Regards! :)