Jesus statue struck by lightning

D.Ahmed

Believer
A statue of Jesus that normally stands more than 60-feet tall outside Solid Rock Church in Monroe, Ohio, has burned to the ground after being struck by lightning.

The 16 thousand pound relic, made of styrofoam, wood and fiberglass, caught fire on Monday evening, after a round of intense thunderstorms triggered the strikes.

Fire authorities, called to the scene, said the statue was fully engulfed in flames when they arrived.

"It's crazy - you know. Things happen. You can't explain it, can you?" said Mark Moore, a Youth Pastor at the Church.

"It's horrible. There's been a lot of souls saved just because of this statue. People drive down the highway, both ways, and see that, and remember that they once had a relationship with Christ."

No one was injured in the incident.

Masruq, may Allah be pleased with him, said: “We entered, along with Abdullah, a house where there were some statues. Pointing at one of them, Abdullah asked: “Whose statue is this?” They answered: “The Virgin”. Thereupon he quoted the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) as saying: “Among the people receiving the harshest punishment on the Day of Resurrection will be carvers or sculptors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI1Yu2IgQpY

abu'muhammad

Assalaamu alaykum,

Coincidence … that I read in local news paper today, blood dripping out from the head of jesus statue at a place.

Unfortunately idolators take such events as going towards more kufr,by shutting their brains, paying heed to high-headedness.

The same things happen in sub-continent and idol-worshippers gets engrossed in idolatory. just the affliction are near...

May Allaah preserve our imaan and raise His word on earth.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
SubhanAllaah ..the before and after pictures were spectacular, 'Now you see it ..aaand now you dont' Great. Allaahuakbar, idols crumbling by the will of Allaah.

Wa-salaam

B.H.

Doesn't Allah the almighty say in the Holy Quran somewhere that he will have Prophet Jesus personally rebuke those who worshiped him?

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Allahu Akbar...

May ALlah guide us all and give the disbleievers hidayah

Barakalalhu feekum
wassalam

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Doesn't Allah the almighty say in the Holy Quran somewhere that he will have Prophet Jesus personally rebuke those who worshiped him?

I can't recall the exact Surah off the top of my head but on the Day of Judgment, Allah SWT will publicly ask Isa a.s. if he ever made claims of divinity to the people and he will publicly deny it as well as exclude himself from whatever false claims were made against him.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
I can't recall the exact Surah off the top of my head but on the Day of Judgment, Allah SWT will publicly ask Isa a.s. if he ever made claims of divinity to the people and he will publicly deny it as well as exclude himself from whatever false claims were made against him.
:salam2:
I think it is Surah Maida you are talking about:

(5:116) And imagine when thereafter Allah will say: 'Jesus, son of Mary, did you say to people: "Take me and my mother for gods beside Allah?" and he will answer: "Glory to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right to. Had I said so, You would surely have known it. You know all what is within my mind whereas I do not know what is within Yours. You, indeed You, know fully all that is beyond the reach of human perception.

(5:117) I said to them nothing except what You commanded me, that is: 'Serve Allah, my Lord and your Lord.' I watched over them as long as I remained among them; and when You did recall me, then You Yourself became the Watcher over them. Indeed, You are Witness over everything.

(5:118) If You punish them, they are Your servants; and if You forgive them, You are the All-Mighty, the All-Wise."'

(5:119) Thereupon Allah will say: 'This day truthfulness shall profit the truthful. For them are Gardens beneath which rivers flow. There they will abide for ever. Allah is well-pleased with them, and they well-pleased with Allah. That indeed is the mighty triumph.'

(5:120) To Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all that is in them and He has full power over everything.

:wasalam:

Ashima33

Oh my....may Allah guide them

Salaam,

Of COURSE, I don't agree with idol making/worshipping. But we shouldn't take what this guy is saying out of context. He's not saying the actual statue made people "come to Jesus." He stating that seeing it sparked the memory that they used to have a relationship with their religion.

This happens with Muslims, too, I'm sure. Maybe someone stops practicing Islam for a really long time... and then they go over to a friends' house and see a Qur'an on the table... or maybe some people praying... and it sparks their memory of how they used to really practice Islam. It's not the people praying or the physical Qur'an... but they served as a catalyst in sparking the memory.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Excellent point sister. The Christians worship what they worship. We worship that which is Perfect. Yes, the statue was a reminder to Christians on how to be. We have bigger responsibilites to fulfill in the world.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

This subject made me think of the Taliban destruction of the Buddhist statues a while back. I am of the minority opinion that was a good thing. My justification is simply this was in a Muslim land. I am unaware of a Buddhist community there.