Jinn/Children

John Smith

:salam:

I hope you all are in good health & Iman.

Question i want to ask and advise that i need is that i have an issue with my son Muhammad who is 3 years old.

He is such a pleasant child who is excellent at school & at the the place where we send him to learn Salat,Dua's,Islam etc etc except at home.

Yesterday a incident happened that shoke me to the core,i went upsatirs to my bedroom to read Asr Salat,as i made my way up the stairs the boys room which is to the left of mine had its door closed,i opened the door and saw Muhammad playing pool with 2 seperate cues,i asked him why he had the door shut and took the pool game without permission and he never responded back,he just stood up and walked downstairs.
I read my Asr salat and made my way down stairs into the garden where i have been doing some digging work for my extension,within 2 minutes of being in the garden i looked upto the boys room and the window was wide open.

Shock

At this point i was angered at seeing the window opened and went inside and asked my eldest who is 5 and muhammad who is 3 who opened the window and both denied it was them.

I was left confused as to how tis could happen because i have removed both handels on the window so you cannot open them and left the handels on a top shelf out of reach.

1 hour later my wife calls me and explains to me what muhammad had just told her,he told her that whilst he was down stairs in the lounge his freind came to him,gave muhammad a rd & blue sweet and told him that he has opened the window for him!.

This has left me sligtly scared because its not the first time Muhammad had mentioned his freind,we kind of brushed it of as a childs immagination & thought not much of it.

He has mentioned to my wife that there is an old man in the corner of the bedroom with a stick who scares him and tells him to act in a disobdient manner,this is also the freind he has mentioned of.

Im scared in the sense of what if there is a Jinn/Jinns in the house puttingmy sons welfare of other family members life at risk by asking muhammd to do or act in a strange manner.

Where he goes to learn about Islam the lady who teaches him had a freind visit her and they spoke about my son muhammad how he was such a beautiful child who is very well spoken for a 3 year old,the ladies ffreind took him into the other room with the permission of the woman who teaches my son and she spoke to him na dhe also mentioned the same freind (old man with stick) to this lady,now this lady from what i have been told recently was possesed by Jinn herself who made life difficult for her felt obliged to help my son Muhammad,she spoke to the woman who teaches my son and said she will ask for permission from her husband to visit my house for she can see who it was affected my son,that night she went home and she started vbleding from her nose and mouth till morning,her husband asked the question if she visited someone who was possessed but explained herself to him by speaking of my son,he refused her permission to visit my house for her own health.

What do you think i need to do in terms of finding out what is happening to my son Muhammad and in my house?.

I will speak to the Imam of my Masjid which is Green land Birmingham.

All answers would be a great help.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam,

They are small children, you could monitor their room somehow.

However, I am sure there is no need to worry, some children have active imaginations. Before you let anyone into your home to investigate "jinn activity" I think you definitely should see the Imam at the Masjid you mentioned. The last thing you want is for your children to be frightened or to be thinking of "jinn", it may even make the situation worse, not with Jinn, but by the children themselves. Children are naturally curious and often latch onto new ideas, especially something frightening or interesting, this will make them imagine things further.

In sha Allah, the Imam will help you. I think you meant "Green Lane" Masjid. Correct.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
You need to find someone who is skilled in reciting any form of Ruqyah, a sheikh perhaps. He will come, examine your house, it's surroundings, give you a 'diagnosis' and then recite the necessary portions of the Quran and invocations. At times, if it is a serious case, he can communicate with the third party and request answers as to their purpose of involvement. The sheikh may even tell you whose companion jinn it is (i.e. every human has a companion, either good or bad, dominant or helpful in guidance).

For the time being, you must engage in reciting Surah Al Baqarah in your home, or if you're able, play a recording in your son's room.

May Allah protect you and yours.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Also, as Mabsoot pointed out, about the children feeling frightened, if the recitor is truly skilled at what he does, there will be minimal mention of the actual circumstances - meaning, he will be reciting Quran or duas pretty much the entire time, which, if you ask me, to a child, in a Muslim household, is nothing out of the ordinary.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Yes, its important to take your time to find a good qualified person, via trustworthy Imam and recommendations from people who are upon the Quran and Sunnah. - I mention this, because in the past there have been people both parents and children who were ill advised and mistreated. One true story in particular from the 1990s, is of a girl in England, who was beaten and starved to death by an "imam" from the Sufi Berelvi sect, because he insisted she was possessed.

-- and remember it is most likely nothing to do with jinn!

John Smith

Jazakallah for the responses.

Brother Mabsoot,yes i stand corrected its GreenLane Masjid & Mahzala thanks for the video link.

Whats throwing me is the opening of the window,its physically impossible my son's could have opened it, on a side note i pray regular in my sons room as they only use for a toys room as they jump into my bed, i used to read quran in that room too but read down stairs before i get to bed,maybe i should revert to reading in the boys room.

First i will speak to the Imam of the Masjid and take it from there as my mother explained dont bring any strangers into the house as they could end up complicating the situation.

ouddene bouziane

according to my experience
try to forget this story as soon as possible because focusing on this question will make your life difficult and none can assure you he could solve the question definintively.
many people saying many things. but practically the question is different
Allah tells us in the holy quran that devil and his soldiers have no power over the believer.
do your duties religiouse. keep always your faith with God
ask him sincerely to help you.to protect you and things will go all right.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Assalamo 'alaikom brother,
Indeed jinn can harm children,my cousin always recites certain duas and ayahs upon their children when they go outside ,eg ayatal kursi etc,they all are from Qur'an and Sunnah.So get in touch with a raaqi who i upon Qur'an and Sunnah,insha'Allah he will of help.
Also if you can recite Surah Al Baqarah in your house daily until trouble leaves(by Allah's leave) that would be good for you and family insha'Allah because according to gist of a Saheeh Hadith,shaytaan doesn't enter a house where Surah Al Baqarah is recited.It did help me a lot as well,I can tell you from experience.

Fatima Amenda

Asalamu, May Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala keep you and your family safe Ameen. I have a cd with full recitation of Qur'an and will play all day and into the night until it finishes and at times restart it while limiting to only an hour a day for all other distractions or stimulants, tv, radio, etc. I felt problems within my apartment and in my own life if I had issues with Jinn and took a Qur'an app on my phone and placed it in my room in the corner I believe I saw the Jinn and let Surah Al Baqarah play as Kashif_nazeer suggested. Insha'Allah these case studies will also help you.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Assalam-o-alikum,

Recitation by you and if possible by your son also of a combination of Surah Fatiha, Ayat Al-Kursi, Surah Ikhlas and the Last 2 Surahs of Quran can also be beneficial. Recite them 3 times each, specially the Surah Al-Falaq, and Surah Annas with firm belief in them.
InshaAllah you will get ajar for reciting them, and hopefully relief too.

Wassalam.

John Smith

Jazakallah Kheir.

Fatima Amenda, thank you for the video link as i know the brother in the videos who carries out the Ruqiyah,i will seek him out inshaAllah tommorow at Jummah but in the mean time i will speak to the Imam of the masjid.
Spoke to someone the other day who uses an imam from this masjid for similar reason never gave their name but was told they paid £35 per session,now i dont mind paying for a service but will it be as effective as someone who does it for the sake of Allah?.

Been playing the Quarn more ofetn in the house especially in the bedrooms and using Baqoor for pleaent smells too.

Maybe it my mind playing tricks but at times i do feel a presence around the room like im being watched and the hair on the back of my neck stand!,was speaking to my wife about the videos that i watched all day and describing to her what some of those afflicted went through and at one point i had a starnge feeling over me.

Fatima Amenda

Jazakallah Kheir.

Fatima Amenda, thank you for the video link as i know the brother in the videos who carries out the Ruqiyah,i will seek him out inshaAllah tommorow at Jummah but in the mean time i will speak to the Imam of the masjid.
Spoke to someone the other day who uses an imam from this masjid for similar reason never gave their name but was told they paid £35 per session,now i dont mind paying for a service but will it be as effective as someone who does it for the sake of Allah?.

Been playing the Quarn more ofetn in the house especially in the bedrooms and using Baqoor for pleaent smells too.

Maybe it my mind playing tricks but at times i do feel a presence around the room like im being watched and the hair on the back of my neck stand!,was speaking to my wife about the videos that i watched all day and describing to her what some of those afflicted went through and at one point i had a starnge feeling over me.

May Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala keep your family safe and rid your house of the Jinn who is trying to cause mischief. Ameen.

I have a history of what I believe now were Jinn problem but before Islam I was only called crazy and said what I would see, hear or feel I was just crazy. I also had mental confusion (difficult to explain without going into detail) that became quite distinct especially right after the Egyptian revolution when I first purchased a Qur'an and began reading. I knew immediately after Al Fatihah and beginning of Al Baqarah I was about to find the truth to the meaning of life and the answers I was looking for, after that I couldn't get through even Al Baqarah. I would begin to read and voices in my head were confusing me so much and noises happening around me to distract me. I would try to even read an ayat and my head would be filled with 'noise' or something running interference is all I can explain. I would keep trying and I would keep praying to Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala to help me read and rid this confusion and noise. After 6 months of trying and praying Suban'Allah I was able to begin to read and read the entirety of the Qur'an, and then again, and again, and again. Every time I completed the Qur'an, I began again it was easier to read the next time, each time became easier.

I didn't realize until I listened to this brother this is actually Ruqiyah. I'm still fighting what I believe is Jinn around me, like knocking from my closest door, fresh blood smeared on the bathroom wall that wasn't mine, it just appeared and I live alone so it wasn't anyone else's either, even seeing Jinn but what I have seen looks a monster, almost alien reptilian like and other times just a very dark dense mass. People may call me crazy and this is ok, that's their opinion but I believe in the unseen and I believe these Jinn they try to cause mischief in our life but we know Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala is the only one we can seek refuge in to rid any of these from our life, at least keep the Jinn from causing us to do sin. Since listening to this brother I began playing Al Baqarah beside the closest in my room and I don't hear the knocking as much anymore. May we always seek refuge in Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala and keep us all safe ... Ameen

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Brother John Assalam-o-alikum,

Don't do it more than twice if you have to pay £35 per session. Do it yourself. Try to address these things by yourself. Your belief in Allah (SWT) and asking His help directly is far far more better and effective than someone else doing it for money.

Wassalam.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
May Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala keep your family safe and rid your house of the Jinn who is trying to cause mischief. Ameen.

I have a history of what I believe now were Jinn problem but before Islam I was only called crazy and said what I would see, hear or feel I was just crazy. I also had mental confusion (difficult to explain without going into detail) that became quite distinct especially right after the Egyptian revolution when I first purchased a Qur'an and began reading. I knew immediately after Al Fatihah and beginning of Al Baqarah I was about to find the truth to the meaning of life and the answers I was looking for, after that I couldn't get through even Al Baqarah. I would begin to read and voices in my head were confusing me so much and noises happening around me to distract me. I would try to even read an ayat and my head would be filled with 'noise' or something running interference is all I can explain. I would keep trying and I would keep praying to Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala to help me read and rid this confusion and noise. After 6 months of trying and praying Suban'Allah I was able to begin to read and read the entirety of the Qur'an, and then again, and again, and again. Every time I completed the Qur'an, I began again it was easier to read the next time, each time became easier.

I didn't realize until I listened to this brother this is actually Ruqiyah. I'm still fighting what I believe is Jinn around me, like knocking from my closest door, fresh blood smeared on the bathroom wall that wasn't mine, it just appeared and I live alone so it wasn't anyone else's either, even seeing Jinn but what I have seen looks a monster, almost alien reptilian like and other times just a very dark dense mass. People may call me crazy and this is ok, that's their opinion but I believe in the unseen and I believe these Jinn they try to cause mischief in our life but we know Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala is the only one we can seek refuge in to rid any of these from our life, at least keep the Jinn from causing us to do sin. Since listening to this brother I began playing Al Baqarah beside the closest in my room and I don't hear the knocking as much anymore. May we always seek refuge in Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala and keep us all safe ... Ameen

Sister Assalam-o-alikum,

Since I have not experienced these things so I don't know how it feels. And I don't wish to experience this either. But we know that there are Jinns and they play with us all the time. They whisper in our ears and put thoughts in us about bad things and do not let us concentrate in Salah, they also try to prevent us from doing good deeds by distracting us. So I can understand that if a really bad and powerful Jinn comes over someone then this Jinn can do what you experienced.
But the good news is that these Jinns cannot physically do anything. They cannot physically force us to do anything, because if they could then we humans could not have been held responsible for our bad deeds. So Jinns can only do what they did in your house. They phychologically and emotionally harm any one but not physically. Hopefully after seeing your strong Emaan they probably have gone now. In-sha-Allah.

Wassalam.

Fatima Amenda

Sister Assalam-o-alikum,

Since I have not experienced these things so I don't know how it feels. And I don't wish to experience this either. But we know that there are Jinns and they play with us all the time. They whisper in our ears and put thoughts in us about bad things and do not let us concentrate in Salah, they also try to prevent us from doing good deeds by distracting us. So I can understand that if a really bad and powerful Jinn comes over someone then this Jinn can do what you experienced.
But the good news is that these Jinns cannot physically do anything. They cannot physically force us to do anything, because if they could then we humans could not have been held responsible for our bad deeds. So Jinns can only do what they did in your house. They phychologically and emotionally harm any one but not physically. Hopefully after seeing your strong Emaan they probably have gone now. In-sha-Allah.

Wassalam.

Mash'Allah, thank you Brother for the good news, they can certainly play on us psychologically and emotionally. May I ask can they psychically touch us. I ask this because one night I felt a hand grab me ankle at the end of my bed. Suban'Allah I sought refuge in Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala and keeps me from fearing. JazakAllah Khairan

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Mash'Allah, thank you Brother for the good news, they can certainly play on us psychologically and emotionally. May I ask can they psychically touch us. I ask this because one night I felt a hand grab me ankle at the end of my bed. Suban'Allah I sought refuge in Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala and keeps me from fearing. JazakAllah Khairan

Salam Sister,
Jinns are made from smokeless fire, so they cannot touch us as earthly things like humans and animals can touch us. But they have the capability to make us feel as they are touching. It is sooo amazing that sensation of touch actually happens in the brain, but we feel it happening at that part of the body. So if this part of the brain dies or the nerves that carry the signal get damaged, then we feel nothing even if that part of the body is mutilated by knife. Acupuncture can also intercept with nerve signals, so I have read that acupuncture can also be used as anesthesia for surgery.
So sister, now you understand that they cannot touch you but they can make you feel that they touched you. And similarly they can make a person feel pain too, while it will not be a physical pain but it could feel like one.
I think a good strong faith in Allah (SWT) and recitation of His pure words can make a Jinn go away. In-sha-Allah.
Hope this helped sister.
Wassalam.

Fatima Amenda

Salam Sister,
Jinns are made from smokeless fire, so they cannot touch us as earthly things like humans and animals can touch us. But they have the capability to make us feel as they are touching. It is sooo amazing that sensation of touch actually happens in the brain, but we feel it happening at that part of the body. So if this part of the brain dies or the nerves that carry the signal get damaged, then we feel nothing even if that part of the body is mutilated by knife. Acupuncture can also intercept with nerve signals, so I have read that acupuncture can also be used as anesthesia for surgery.
So sister, now you understand that they cannot touch you but they can make you feel that they touched you. And similarly they can make a person feel pain too, while it will not be a physical pain but it could feel like one.
I think a good strong faith in Allah (SWT) and recitation of His pure words can make a Jinn go away. In-sha-Allah.
Hope this helped sister.
Wassalam.

Thank you Brother, this makes me feel much better to know it didn't actually physically touch me but is playing with my mind to make me think so as to scare me. May Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala reward you with the best of this world and the Hereafter for your kind comments of encouragement. Ameen ... JazakAllah Khairan

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Salam alaikum,

The jinn CAN touch you. It doesn't matter what they're made of, they have the ability to even enter human bodies as a result. Regarding being held responsible for our bad deeds, we are not held responsible for things we have no control over.

Brother John, I once had an "intruder" in my house as well. My mother and I "tag-teamed" it by reading Quran simultaneously on every floor of the house, playing audio Quranic recitation and ruqyah throughout different parts of the house when we weren't, and praying jama'ah together for many prayers.

That combined with Qiyam and a strong belief and faith that Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala would deliver us and it was gone within two weeks alhamdulillah.

Fatima Amenda

Asalamu Brother, Insha'Allah your troubles are improving instead of worsening. With difference of opinion regarding Jinn we all can agree on one, the only way to deal with Jinn is through refuge in Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala and Qur'an. Even if you called a person to perform ruqyah they cannot themselves rid the Jinn, it is no different then Christians calling a Priest believing a Priest and Cross has power to rid the demons, not Allah. Only Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala can decide what to do with the Jinn that has entered into our life. So never stop performing Ruqyah even when you think the Jinn are gone, they could just be hiding until you let your guard down and your Muslim practice may soften and lax instead of increasing in strength and diligence.