Just got back from Church (stop gasping!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawahforever

ASalaamu Alaikum

I just went to Church here..reason being every week they hold prayer vigils because this town is economically depressed. I was already praying for this town since I moved here a few months ago although we ourselves are doing fine but for the sake of my fellowman, so I joined in with them. ISlam says if someone is doing good that you should join together with them. Well of course they were all praying to Jesus so I didn't actually join in their prayers per se but I did make a silent dua and also everytime they said Jesus I said Alaihisalaam. They had representatives from all different churches and since there is no masjid here and no Imam, I appointed myself, lol. Well its good for them to see that Muslims actually care right? :tti_sister: So insha Allah you guys can also pray for my town that they are guided and that it thrives the way it once did. This town has lost of problems like alcholism, drugs, teenage pregnancy (which if fine if you are married!), etc, etc...I mean there's a lot..but that's what often happens when there is unemployment (closed down most of the factories) but everything is from Allah so I think He just wants them to turn back to Him.

Wa Salaamu Alaikum
D4E

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
ASalaamu Alaikum

I just went to Church here..reason being every week they hold prayer vigils because this town is economically depressed. I was already praying for this town since I moved here a few months ago although we ourselves are doing fine but for the sake of my fellowman, so I joined in with them. ISlam says if someone is doing good that you should join together with them. Well of course they were all praying to Jesus so I didn't actually join in their prayers per se but I did make a silent dua and also everytime they said Jesus I said Alaihisalaam. They had representatives from all different churches and since there is no masjid here and no Imam, I appointed myself, lol. Well its good for them to see that Muslims actually care right? :tti_sister: So insha Allah you guys can also pray for my town that they are guided and that it thrives the way it once did. This town has lost of problems like alcholism, drugs, teenage pregnancy (which if fine if you are married!), etc, etc...I mean there's a lot..but that's what often happens when there is unemployment (closed down most of the factories) but everything is from Allah so I think He just wants them to turn back to Him.

Wa Salaamu Alaikum
D4E

That is the spirit of a Muslim!

I applaud your courage and your sincerity in doing what is good for others..without passing judgements...:ma:

Subhanallah....we are never discouraged from doing what is good no matter who it's for..we are actually commanded to do so..but people always tend to favor where the good should go and where it shouldn't

May Allah (swt) reward you for your good-heart and your sincere act..

:wasalam:

dianek

I think that was a wonderful thing you did!!!!!! You represented!!!! And you showed me that some muslims do care outside of their "muslim communities".....if I begin attending mosque, I will hopefully try to reach out to the outer community and help where they have been lagging.......I see it as the biggest issue locally, lack of caring for others.

dawahforever

Masha Allah I was once in their place..I know what its like to have no job and a husband with no job..that happened in the past and I know what its like not to be muslim and to be lost and wandering and wondering. I never stop thinking about non-muslims because I was one. We can be the bridge that perhaps the immigrants can never be insha Allah..I feel that is our role...pay it forward right?

Masria

Masha Allah, I am so happy that you did this. We do not have to agree with someones religious beliefs to care about their welfare and the welfare of your town. I shall pray for your town and may Allah bless you for your kind and open heart. Salaam

dianek

Masha Allah, I am so happy that you did this. We do not have to agree with someones religious beliefs to care about their welfare and the welfare of your town. I shall pray for your town and may Allah bless you for your kind and open heart. Salaam

I wish others were as open-hearted as you two are!

Shahzad

D4E, ur intentions were good but u shudnt have done that , in my opinion.
They have been killing muslims all over the world and doing the damage.

Also, muslim is not allowed to take part in religious gathering of kuffar, even though u made ur own dua, but at least u were present there.\\

sorry if it has offended u. May ALLAH grants his blessings to that town.

dianek

Also, muslim is not allowed to take part in religious gathering of kuffar, even though u made ur own dua, but at least u were present there.\\

I think it is this attitude that pushes people away from wanting to learn about islam..........I think we should try to reach out and build bridges as often as one can and she did and God Bless her for that!!!! Who knows , her dawah there may just inspire a new revert........If they see something OTHER than what the media portrays, fears will be removed and eventually complete acceptance of others........AND.......doesn't islam say something about not judging others by their faith......or something about doing good for your community.........I think you are the reason that I often think "why do I want to be a part of that mindset?" BUT THANK GOD I have met some wonderful muslim examples here, and they are good and loving and open-minded.......

dianek

Words from the Judds

; Id gladly walk across the desert
With no shoes upon my feet
To share with you the last bite
Of bread I had to eat
I would swim out to save you
In your sea of broken dreams
When all your hopes are sinkin
Let me show you what love means
(chorus)
Love can build a bridge
Between your heart and mine
Love can build a bridge
Dont you think its time?
Dont you think its time?
I would whisper love so loudly
Every heart could understand
That love and only love
Can join the tribes of man
I would give my hearts desire
So that you might see
The first step is to realize
That it all begins with you and me

When we stand together
Its our finest hour
We can do anything, anything
Keep believin in the power
Love and only love
Love and only love

dawahforever

Saying that all Christians are killing muslims is like saying all muslims are terrorists..that's a blanket statement. When I was Christian I wasn't behind killing anyone and as a muslim I don't support terrorism. They are not kuffar they are al ahl-kitab. Kuffar is someone who knows the truth about Islam but COVERS it up..the word cover in english comes from the word kuffar in arabic. These people haven't got a clue about Islam. I'm living in a little redneck town..if I don't meet these people halfway they will always be in the darkness. This is not my first time to go to church..I've been there to give a speech about Islam, I've been there for funerals too. I know how to refrain from doing any christian rituals.. I was Christian..I'm fully acqainted with their practices.

dianek

Saying that all Christians are killing muslims is like saying all muslims are terrorists..that's a blanket statement. When I was Christian I wasn't behind killing anyone and as a muslim I don't support terrorism. They are not kuffar they are al ahl-kitab. Kuffar is someone who knows the truth about Islam but COVERS it up..the word cover in english comes from the word kuffar in arabic. These people haven't got a clue about Islam. I'm living in a little redneck town..if I don't meet these people halfway they will always be in the darkness. This is not my first time to go to church..I've been there to give a speech about Islam, I've been there for funerals too. I know how to refrain from doing any christian rituals.. I was Christian..I'm fully acqainted with their practices.

WELL said!!!!!!!

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
:salam2:

I think it is this attitude that pushes people away from wanting to learn about islam..........I think we should try to reach out and build bridges as often as one can and she did and God Bless her for that!!!! Who knows , her dawah there may just inspire a new revert........If they see something OTHER than what the media portrays, fears will be removed and eventually complete acceptance of others........AND.......doesn't islam say something about not judging others by their faith......or something about doing good for your community.........I think you are the reason that I often think "why do I want to be a part of that mindset?" BUT THANK GOD I have met some wonderful muslim examples here, and they are good and loving and open-minded.......
I dont think I would have done what D4E did, thats not becuase I'm not 'open-minded/hearted' to other people, its because in a church they say things that directly conflict with my beliefs. I have been to churches....not out of choice....and cathedrals (they are sooo pretty :rolleyes:) once, I had to quickly duck out the congregation because the dude was about to 'bless' us all by making the sign of the cross above all of our heads.....:SMILY26: ..no thanks. I would never go to a church voluntarily...:)

; Id gladly walk across the desert
With no shoes upon my feet
To share with you the last bite
Of bread I had to eat
I would swim out to save you
In your sea of broken dreams
When all your hopes are sinkin
Let me show you what love means
(chorus)
Love can build a bridge
Between your heart and mine
Love can build a bridge
Dont you think its time?
Dont you think its time?
I would whisper love so loudly
Every heart could understand
That love and only love
Can join the tribes of man
I would give my hearts desire
So that you might see
The first step is to realize
That it all begins with you and me
When we stand together
Its our finest hour
We can do anything, anything
Keep believin in the power
Love and only love
Love and only love
:confused: ...why did you post that...? this isnt muslims being 'intolerant'.

dianek

Originally Posted by Shahzad

I was responding to this entry which I believe is intolerant of others.

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir

salam alalykum brother how can you say christians are not kuffar when allah swt himself has called as such in the quran the christians and jews who paracticed monotheism before the prophet muhammed came they are the true ahlul kitab free of shirk and when islam came all who heard of the messenger muhammed had to accept his message because Islam cancels out the messages that came before it, and Allaah will not accept any other religion from anyone who comes to know of Islam during his lifetime. If people submit in Islam to the Lord of the Worlds, follow the Best of the Messengers, Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and do righteous deeds, then Allaah will be pleased with them and will bless them with a good life in this world and the next. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
"Whoever works righteousness - whether male or female - while he (or she) is a true believer (of Islâmic Monotheism) verily, to him We will give a good life (in this world with respect, contentment and lawful provision), and We shall pay them certainly a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do (i.e. Paradise in the Hereafter)." [al-Nahl 16:97]

also.....

Question:
I see many "Muslims" joining in Christmas and other celebrations. Is there any daleel from the Quran and Sunnah that I can present to them to show that these are indeed very sinful practices?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

It is not permissible to join in the kaafir festivals for the following reasons:

Firstly: because this entails imitating or resembling them, and “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood). This is a serious warning. ‘Abd-Allaah ibn al-‘Aas said: Whoever lives in the land of the mushrikeen and celebrates their Nawrooz (New Year) and their Mahrajaan (festivals), and imitates them until he dies, he will be a loser on the Day of Resurrection.

Secondly: taking part in their festivals is a kind of befriending them and showing love for them. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as Awliyaa’ (friends, protectors, helpers), they are but Awliyaa’ of each other. And if any amongst you takes them (as Awliyaa’), then surely, he is one of them… “[al-Maa’idah 5:51]

“O you who believe! Take not My enemies and your enemies (i.e. disbelievers and polytheists) as friends, showing affection towards them” [al-Mumtahanah 60:1]

Thirdly: festivals are the matter of religion and beliefs, not the matter of worldly customs, as is indicated by the hadeeth: “Every nation has its Eid, and this is our Eid.” Their Eid or festival reflects their corrupt beliefs of Kufr and Shirk.

Fourthly: “And those who do not witness falsehood, and if they pass by some evil play or evil talk, they pass it by with dignity” [al-Furqaan 25:72 – interpretation of the meaning]. The scholars interpreted this aayah was referring to the festivals of the mushrikeen. It is not permissible to give any of them cards for their festivals, or to sell them cards or any of the other things they need for their festivals such as lights, trees or food – including turkey, candy canes, etc.

so how can you sit in a church where open KUFFAR is being paracticed..and say your intentions was different..know that Allah does not accept any deed which goes against the islam even if the intention is GOOD

dianek

"Allaah will not accept any other religion from anyone who comes to know of Islam during his lifetime"

------------------------------
Well, I would say she is doing her part to help people get acquainted with Islam and that should be viewed as a very wonderful thing for her......

dawahforever

That's the whole point..they don't know Islam..how can you say they have not accepted it or have rejected it when they don't even know what it is??? So are you saying that every muslim before they converted was a kuffar? The kuffar are the enemies of Islam who are quite familiar with the religion and work hard to undermine it like through the media, books, newspapers and through wars. Regular everyday folk haven't got a clue what Islam is except what the kuffar have told them. ITs up to us to dispel the myths. :hijabi: Until they are formally introduced to Islam and have had all their questions answered and then decide to turn their backs on the truth, then and only then can we call them kuffar..in the meantime they are al-ahl kitab. I would say they were openly practicing shirk...as all al-ahl kitab do. Now they have had a glimpse of a muslim which can make them open up their minds and hearts. Like wow a muslim came to pray for us..imagine we thought they were terrorists.

dianek

That's the whole point..they don't know Islam..how can you say they have not accepted it or have rejected it when they don't even know what it is??? So are you saying that every muslim before they converted was a kuffar? The kuffar are the enemies of Islam who are quite familiar with the religion and work hard to undermine it like through the media, books, newspapers and through wars. Regular everyday folk haven't got a clue what Islam is except what the kuffar have told them. ITs up to us to dispel the myths. :hijabi: Until they are formally introduced to Islam and have had all their questions answered and then decide to turn their backs on the truth, then and only then can we call them kuffar..in the meantime they are al-ahl kitab. I would say they were openly practicing shirk...as all al-ahl kitab do. Now they have had a glimpse of a muslim which can make them open up their minds and hearts. Like wow a muslim came to pray for us..imagine we thought they were terrorists.

RIGHT ON SISTER!

assalamualaikum sis does that mean that they will all b going to heaven bcause they dont know bout Islam???...im pretty sure theyve heard bout the word Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.