Keys to Happiness

World Peace

Islam is Light
Keys to Happiness
Sheik Ayed Al-Qarni
The following are tips for the attainment of happiness:

- Do not preoccupy your mind with the past and all that it contained, focus on the present.
(Remember, Allah is The Most Merciful, He is The Accepter of Repentance, the All-forgiving, The Pardoner, The Most Loving, He is The Souce of Peace, The Guardian of Faith, and to him belong the most beautiful names. Get closer to him by knowing him through his names)

- (Everyone makes mistakes. If you have sined in the past, and when you fall into sin,repent. And continually seek forgiveness. Allah loves those whom repent and purify themselves. Continually do dhikr, asking forgiveness, and Alahoma salyala sayidina Mohammad [Peace be upon him])

- Do not completely preoccupy yourself with the future and then discard the present. Be balanced in life, prepare yourself adequately for all situations.

- Do not be shaken by criticism; instead, be firm. Be sure that in proportion toyour worth, the level of people's criticism rises. Also, make good use of criticism in discovering your shortcomings and faults, and let it drive you to ward self-improvement and righteousness.

- Have complete faith in Allah and perform good deeds; these are the ingredients that make up a good and happy life.

- If you desire peace, tranquility, and comfort, you can find it all in the remembrance of Allah.

- You should know with certainty that everything that happens, occurs in accordance with the divine decree.

- Do not expect gratitude from anyone.

- Perhaps what has happened is in your best interest, even though you may not comprehend how that can be so.

- Everything that is decreed for the believer is the best for him.

- Enumerate the blessings of Allah and be thankful for them.

- Remember that you are better off than many others.

- Indeed, with each difficulty there is relief.

- In both times of hardship and ease, one should turn to supplication and prayer,either patiently contented or thankful.

- Calamities should strengthen your heart and reshape your outlook in a positiveway.

- Do not let trivialities be the cause of your downfall.

- Always remember that your Allah is Oft-Forgiving.
ProphetMohammad (peace be upon him said that Allah the Almighty says to the believerin Hadith-ul-Qudsi:
"O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me, and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you to ask forgiveness of Me, I would Forgive you. O son of Adam were you to come to Me with sins as great as the Earth, and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it."
And:"indeed My Mercy Prevails over My Wrath"

- Assume an easy-going attitude and avoid anger.

- Life is bread, water, and shade; so do not be perturbed by a lack of any other material thing.
“And in the heaven is your providence and that which you are promised.” (The Holy Quran, 51:22)

- Look at those who have more afflictions and be grateful that you have less.

- Bear in mind the fact that Allah loves those who endure trials with steadfastness, so seek to be one of them.

- Constantly repeat those supplications that the Prophet, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, taught us to say during times of hardship.

- Work hard at something that is productive, and cast off idleness.

- Do not listen to rumors, nor spread them. If you hear a rumor inadvertently, do not believe it.

- Know that malice and striving to seek revenge are much more harmful to your health than they are to your antagonist.

- The hardships that befall you atone for your sins, if you endure with patience.

Edited. Source: http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/2407/

strive-may-i

Assalaamu Alaikum,

Excellent.

“Listen, hearts find peace only in the remembrance of Allah.” [13:28]

When one goes through the list, it becomes evident - the key is to find contentment and its by being present in reality called now and immersing in what we do. Prophet thought us 'Contentment is wealth that never diminishes and its treasure that never perishes'

Prophet:saw:, the sahabah, the other prophets are best examples. Sometimes , one has to see to understand and to put it into practise. Hence, May Allah bless each of us with moomin, who put this to practice effectively... Ameen

strive-may-i

Chapter One: True Happiness
Do you know what happiness is? It has been defined as an agreeable feeling or condition of the soul arising from good fortune of any kind that is built on firm belief.
Every person must have a goal they wish to attain, the more he is able to accomplish this goal, the greater his sense of happiness will be.
Psychologists define happiness as a continuous feeling of enjoyment, satisfaction, generosity and delight, arising from contentment of one’s self, life and belief that they will have a blissful destiny.

Types of Happiness
From this definition we can categorize happiness into three categories:
First Category: False happiness, which lasts only for a short period of time. This form of happiness is the result of sudden good fortune. Many believe that happiness can be attained through drug or substance abuse and on account of this, consume drugs and liquor to avoid the problems of everyday life. They believe happiness is achieved initially by forgetting about the problems of life. Drug abuse gives one an illusion of happiness, which quickly dissipates when the drug is discontinued, plunging that individual into a state of complete misery. This would then drive him to acquire more drugs, and ultimately become captive to drugs and a helpless member of society. Furthermore, this individual would contract a number of psychological and physical diseases.

Second Category: Happiness experienced when achieving goals. It is similar to the previous form of happiness in that is short-lived, although it is less harmful than the previousform of happiness. When great efforts are exerted in attaininga goal and it is finally achieved one would wonder, what’snext? The pain one would experience after the climax andinitial bout of happiness is somewhat similar to the painexperienced in the first category. In summary, this happinessis a short-lived experience, which at best makes one happy fora short period of time.

Third Category: True happiness. This form of happinesswill remain with an individual under all circumstances;through delight and anguish, poverty and prosperity, sickness and health and whether or not one would attain of this worldwhat they wish for or not. This happiness is the result of one’sfirm belief.

Do you want true happiness?
Read more in the attached file - en_The_key_to_happiness.pdf [949.0 KB] View attachment en_The_Key_to_Happiness.pdf

World Peace

Islam is Light
Wa aleacom asalam warahmato Allah wabarakato brother strive-may-i

Thank you for sharing useful information. Jazakom Allahu khairan wabarak Allahu feekom.