Lataa'if

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Assalaamu `alaykkum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

Please feel free to post powerful or beautiful statements from righteous imaams, which all of us can benefit from. Make sure to mention who said it...

Let me start:

Ibn al Qayyim rahimahullaah said: "Whoever desires to purify his heart, let him prefer Allah over his desires"

Keep them comin inshaa'Allaah

Wassalaamu `alaykkum

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:wasalam: wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

MSAHA ALLAH, NICE IDEA..

Well, This is some thing which I have already posted here..Any ways..

Intellect is like a foundation of the building
Wahee is like the building which is built upon it....
Intellect is like the light
Wahee is like the sight...
Intellect is like the lamp
Wahee is like the oil
Intellect is like the wahee which lives inside a man
Wahee is the intellect which lives outside of a man.....

BY : IMAAM GAZZAALI..

FEE AMANILLAH:hearts:

Kakorot

:wasalam: wr wb

"Truly in the heart there is a void that can not be removed except with the company of Allaah. And in it there is a sadness that can not be removed except with the happiness of knowing Allaah and being true to Him. And in it there is an emptiness that can not be filled except with love for Him and by turning to Him and always remembering Him. And if a person were given all of the world and what is in it, it would not fill this emptiness." -Ibnul Qayyim al Jawziyy (Rahimahullaah)

An Imaam is someone who leads the prayer. I think you mean scholars because being an Imaam and a shaykh are not the same thing, as both have different roles and anyone can lead prayers.

abu'muhammad

Assalaamu alaykum,

It was said to ‘Â`ishah – Allâh be pleased with her, “There are people who faint when they hear the Quran.” She said. “The Quran is nobler than to have people lose their minds from it. Rather, it [should be] as Allâh the Mighty and Sublime said:

Those who fear their Lord tremble with fear by it, then their skins and hearts settle to the remembrance of Allah. (Sûrah Al-Zumar: 23)

Abû ‘Ubayd Al-Qâsim b. Sallâm, Fadâ`il Al-Qur`ân p214.

ansari

STRANGER...
Ibn Qayyim: Regarding how the person begins his day and evening...

:salam2:

If the servant of Allah begins the day and the evening, without having any other concern except Allah, the Almighty, He will fulfill all his needs and relieve all his worries. He will empty the servant's heart for the sake of His Love, his tongue will constantly remember Him and he will have the strength to perform religious duties for His sake. And if he begins the day and the evening, without having any other concern except the life of this world, Allah, the Almighty will cast worry and grief into his heart. He, the Almighty will leave him to himself, and keep his heart busy with things other than His Love. His tongue will not remember Allah but will only be concerned with the creation. He will use all his strength in things other than the sake of Allah, and he will remain busy in the service of creation. He will work very hard in the service of others. Just like a bellows that pumps itself up and then squeezes itself to the utmost in the service of others. Therefore, whoever refuses to submit to Allah, to obey and love Him, will be afflicted with the servitude, love and service of creation.

Allah, the Almighty says in the Quran: "And whosoever turns away (blinds himself) from the remembrance of the Most Beneficent (Allah) (i.e. this Qur'an and worship of Allah), We appoint for him Shaitan (Satan devil) to be a Qarin (an intimate companion) to him." (Az Zukhruf, 43:36)

Source: Ibn Qayyim's Al-Fawaaid

Abu Talib

Feeling low

‘Whoever thinks about the ocean of this Dunya will come to know how its waves move about, and he’ll come to know how to be patient in dealing with the days – he is not lowered by the descent of afflictions and he is not delighted with the coming of luxury.’
Ibn al-Jawzi

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalaamu 'alaykum

Hasan al-Basri rahimahullaah said,

"Son of Adam, never please anybody if this entails the Wrath of Allaah. Never
obey anybody if this entails disobedience to Allaah. Never thank anybody for
something which Allaah granted you. Never blame anybody for something which Allaah did not grant you. Allaah created people and they steer the course predetermined for them. Whoever thinks that extra care and interest will increase his provisions, let him try such extra care and interest in increasing his life span, changing his color, or increasing the size of his limbs and build!"

Great thread mashaAllaah - :jazaak:

aslamjiffry

Hubbu Rasoolullah
Assalaamu Alaikum!!!!!

This statement i found from a siganture of a user and i like this statement a lot. So i am posting it here........

To completely trust in Allah is to be like a child
who knows deeply that even if he does not call for the mother,
the mother is totally aware of his condition
and is looking after him
. –

BY Imam Al Ghazali

MusLiMah_Kubra

Hasbi-Allah
:salam2: wa rahmatul lahi wa barkatuhu

Hasan Basri (rahimahullaah) advised some of his students admonishing them about avoiding the state of being proud. He said;

1) Do not deceive yourself into becoming too proud because you are in good or righteous environment, for there is no place that is better than Paradise, and our father Adam alaihas-salam, experienced there what is known to all.

2) Do not become proud merely because you worship often, for consider what happened to Iblis (Satan) after he spent a great deal of time worshipping.

3) Do not think yourself great because you have met with the righteous people, for there is no man more righteous than the Prophet :saw:, yet the disbelievers and hypocrites did not benefit by simply knowing him.

:jazaak:

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaikum,

very nice and useful thread! masha'Allaah.

Here are some nice sayings from my favorite shaikh Uthaymeen Rahimahullaah ta'ala.

Abu Talib

Feeling low

The more the servant loves his Master, the less he will love other objects and they will decrease in number. The less the servant loves his Master, the more he will love other objects and they will increase in number.

(Majmoo-ul-Fataawaa, 1/94)
Ibn Taymiyyah rahimahullah

Ibn Uthaymin

Imam Ahmad:

"The good is in the one who sees no good in himself.”

Ibn al Jawzi:

"To blindly follow is to make knowledge ineffective. The real function of the intellect is to think, ponder, meditate and dig up hidden points and the significance of ideas. The intellect is a light for the guidance of life; Allah has bestowed this light upon every human being. But very few use this, mostly put off this light and walk in darkness."

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Imam Ahmad (rahimahullah) said:

‘Everything has nobility in it, and the nobility of the heart is to be pleased with Allah, `azza wa jall.’

Aisha hussain..

seeking knowledge

The servant exists between the Hands of Allah at two times- while standing during performing prayer, and while standing on the Day of Resurrection. Whoever fulfills the rights of the first standing, will in fact be facilitating the second one. And whoever considers this easy and does not pay due attention to it, he will be making the other one difficult for himself

- Ibn al Qayyim al Jawziya

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salamu `alaikum!

Masha'allah! Beneficial thread akhy.

"A calamity that makes you turn to Allah is better for you then a blessing which makes you forget the remembrance of Allah. "- Ibn Taymiyyah

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Assalaamu `alaykkum, Jazakumullaahu khairaa for all the posts. I hope this thread aids the muslims in this forum to soften their hearts, and thus remember Allaah much.

Maalik ibn Dinaar said, “ The greatest punishment a slave (of Allah) can get is hardheartedness.

It was narrated by ‘Abdullaah ibn Ahmad [Ibn Hanbal] in Kitaab Al-Zuhd.

Hudaifah al Mari`ishi said: "No one has been afflicted with a greater calamity than hard heartedness."

This was narrated by Abu Nu`aym in Hilya

The remedy to Hard Heartedness

Al Mu`alla ibn Ziyaad said that a man said to Al-Hasan Al-Basree, "O' Aboo Sa`eed, I want to complain to you about my hard heartedness." He advised him to remedy it with the rememebrance of Allaah [`Azza wa Jall]

Wassalaamu `alaykkum

JenGiove

Brothers and Sisters,

All these words are wonderful. Before I post anything, I wanted to ask your permission <considering the nature of this thread> if you would grant me permission to post wisdom from my native American elders which are in line with Islam. I understand if the majority object.

Thank you for considering...

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Brothers and Sisters,

All these words are wonderful. Before I post anything, I wanted to ask your permission <considering the nature of this thread> if you would grant me permission to post wisdom from my native American elders which are in line with Islam. I understand if the majority object.

Thank you for considering...

Hello Jen,

I guess this one is intended for brother thariq. But I will take the liberty of responding to your request.

Brother Thariq intends to gather the saying of pious and knowledgeable *muslims* who were known to adhere to the *Quran and Sunnah*. Reading them, one would be reminded of Allah Almighty, as per teachings of Islam.

I don't think this would be achieved by the sayings of elders or non muslim scholars, whoever they be. I hope this doesn't offend you.

But I am sure that we all can benefit from reading words of pious and knowledgeable scholars or 'Imams', no matter who we are. So I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I have. :)

Abu Talib

Feeling low

Hasan al-Basri Rahimaullah said:
When whoever of those who came before you saw the Qur’aan, a Message from their Lord, they would contemplate upon it by night and implement it by day.”[at-Tibyan fi Adaab Hamalaat ul-Qur’aan]

‘Abdullāh ibn Mas‘ūd رضي الله عنه said:
By the One except whom there is no one worthy to worship, there is nothing on this earth that is most deserving of being imprisoned for a long time than a tongue.

[4] Kitāb az-Zuhd/120