learning tajweed, Quran, Arabic, English, tafsir

pcozzy

:salam2:

I was referred to go to this website by Yusuf Estes, may Allah be pleased with his work.

http://www.allahsquran.com/learn/

word for word translation and recitation, and Colored Tajweed Quran highlighting(just click on the colorwheel circle). Click the left arrow and you get tafsir of the ayah. Very nicely done.

He mentioned that he is working with over 5,500 websites in teaching Islam. mashAllah, this he is doing while traveling and giving lectures and dawaa.

He said it is for children and youth, Though I am getting benefit myself.
:wasalam:

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

Baraka Allaho Feek akhi but I have a question..please bear with me..

Regarding the tajweed part of it???..do we learn it through the audio available or the highlighting system they have???

I'm asking because I want to learn tajweed and I'm trying to figure out the best source and method..

Jazaka allah khaira jaza'a time and time again for this brother

pcozzy

Baraka Allaho Feek akhi but I have a question..please bear with me..

Regarding the tajweed part of it???..do we learn it through the audio available or the highlighting system they have???

I'm asking because I want to learn tajweed and I'm trying to figure out the best source and method..

Jazaka allah khaira jaza'a time and time again for this brother

baraka Allahu feeki, ya ukhti, my knowledge is less than a tiny pebble of a great big mountain.

Here is what i found out, the best and solid way to learn tajweed is from a sheik or sheika. The latter might be in your best interest but online you probably will never find.

You should learn the rules first and before anything even before you learn from a sheik. That way the sheik will need to spend less time in the rules and more time with makraj and application of rules (the makraj is extremly important, quite a few Arabic speaking people don't even know the right makraj). This will save you money if you are paying for it. Take your time and learn the rules and practice and pay attention to recitors like Mahmoud Al-Husary, Abdul-Basit or Mohamed Ayub. They nasalize the noon sakin very very good for the learner and there timing is as if they took a stop watch and where in tune with it. Don't worry about making your ghunna beutiful like you here Mishary and other in beginning, it will come naturally when you gain more experience and memorize more.

Here I will list some sites that I find a very good for tajweed(try and then stick to what you like):

First I read from a Quran with tajweed in color, similar to what I posted earlier but I have a hard copy as well, it looks like this:http://www.quranflash.com/en/index.html#
CLICK ENTER TO VIEW

Second this is a starter course in knowing tajweed rules that I found really helpful(in audio is teaching):http://www.tajweedinenglish.com/
IF YOU REGISTER YOU WILL HAVE MORE MATERIAL AND TIPS

Third there is a course here but I never can make the time for it but I like how they are organized and teach:http://www.sunnahfollowers.net/index.php

Fourth, too much in the beginning will cause it to be overwhelming where you may not continue. So take your time later when you are stronger you will be able to memorize in tajweed a page or hizb. Everybody is unique in this, so never measure yourself to others besides yourself and where you where yesterday. Build success on success and never of failure by not attaining what goals you set. Having said that start with even one Ayah. Here you will find a project that many websites use. All ayat are in individual mp3(pick what you want and who you want reciting; numbers are 000 for surah and 000 for ayah to make 000000.mp3):
http://www.versebyversequran.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1&limit=4&limitstart=4

Fifth but start with this, is obtaining a well documented ebook of the rules of tajweed. Read it through and learn, at the same time you start to memorize in tajweed. But is better if you know about all the rules so that you can register in your mind the reason you madd or nasalize. here you can find ebook and cheat sheet(some links too):
http://www.understandquran.com/extras/tajweed.html

Finally we ask Allah subhanna wata3alla to make it easy for us to increase in that which will be better for us. And to increase us in knowledge which is beneficial. And to guide us to the fardous al-3alaa.

by the way, once you know the rules, than it is so easy and I use the color-coded Quran to make sure I don't miss anything. And according to a haafiz sheik, it is so much easier to memorize with tajweed than to have to go over and relearn(or think this is noon sakin, etc..).

For your question now I am babbling:
You use what you need, if you need the colorized Quranic text click the color wheel and click on the word (but they still haven't work out all the bugs yet). The colors relate to when you nasalize the noon or when you apply ghunna. For me I use both the colored letters and audio but I use Hussary or Ayub as recitors. Be patient the site is still being built.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
baraka Allahu feeki, ya ukhti, my knowledge is less than a tiny pebble of a great bid mountain.

Here is what i found out, the best and solid way to learn tajweed is from a sheik or sheika. The latter might be in your best interest but online you probably will never find.

You should learn the rules first and before anything even before you learn from a sheik. That way the sheik will need to spend less time in the rules and more time with makraj and application. This will save you money if you are paying for it. Take your time and learn the rules and practice and pay attention to recitors like Mahmoud Al-Husary, Abdul-Basit or Mohamed Ayub. They nasalize the noon sakin very very good for the learner and there timing is as if they took a stop watch and where in tune with it. Don't worry about making your ghunna beutiful like you here Mishary and other in beginning, it will come naturally when you gain more experience and memorize more.

Here I will list some sites that I find a very good for tajweed(try and then stick to what you like):

First I read from a Quran with tajweed in color, similar to what I posted earlier but I have a hard copy as well, it looks like this:http://www.quranflash.com/en/index.html#
CLICK ENTER TO VIEW

Second this is a starter course in knowing tajweed rules that I found really helpful(in audio is teaching):http://www.tajweedinenglish.com/
IF YOU REGISTER YOU WILL HAVE MORE MATERIAL AND TIPS

Third there is a course here but I never can make the time for it but I like how they are organized and teach:http://www.sunnahfollowers.net/index.php

Fourth, too much in the beginning will cause it to be overwhelming where you may not continue. So take your time later when you are stronger you will be able to memorize in tajweed a page or hizb. Everybody is unique in this, so never measure yourself to others besides yourself and where you where yesterday. Build success on success and never failure of attained what goals you set. Having said that start with even one Ayah. Here you will find a project that many websites use. All ayat are in individual mp3(pick what you want and who you want reciting; numbers are 000 for surah and 000 for ayah to make 000000.mp3):
http://www.versebyversequran.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1&limit=4&limitstart=4

Fifth but start with this, is obtaining a well documented ebook of the rules of tajweed. Read it through and learn, at the same time you start to memorize in tajweed. But is better if you know about all the rules so that you can register in your mind the reason you madd or nasalize. here you can find ebook and cheat sheet(some links too):
http://www.understandquran.com/extras/tajweed.html

Finally we ask Allah subhanna wata3alla to make it easy for us to increase in that which will be better for us. And to increase us in knowledge which is beneficial. And to guide us to the fardous al-3alaa.

by the way, once you know the rules, than it is so easy and I use the color-coded Quran to make sure I don't miss anything. And according to a haafiz sheik, it is so much easier to memorize with tajweed than to have to go over and relearn.

Mashallah akhi!

May Allah grant you jannah for this..May allah be pleased with you and please you in this dunya and the akhirah..Ameen!

Wallahi you have done me a HUGE favor..I was so lost in my decision..I didn't know where to start..what I should do..what I should keep in mind..etc. I downloaded programs..read booklets..but still felt very lost..and because many people recommend doing what you said at the very end (i.e. learn tajweed well before memorizing) I began to feel a bit discouraged...I have bookmarked this thread and I will go back and bookmark each link as well so I can make thorough readings through them..get acquainted with the generals..and then perhaps ask the masjid if there's anyone offering lessons like a shaikha or such so I can make my decision an action and my dream a reality...

Thank you so so so much akhi..I'm making dua'a for you from the bottom of my heart..jazaka allah every khair in the dunya and the akhirah

learningquran

Principles of Tajweed

Principles of Tajweed

One who wishes to learn a science needs to know its principles so that he will gain insight into the sought science. There are several principles in the science of tajweed that should be understood:
1. Its definition

By linguistic definition: Betterment
Applied definition: Articulating every letter from its articulation point and giving the letter its rights and dues of characteristics.

Rights of the letters are its required characteristics that never leave it. The dues of the letters are its presented characteristics that are present in it some of the time, and not present at other times. i.e. the medd, idgham
2. Its formation

The words of the Glorious Qur'an and some said Honorable Hadiths also.
3. Its fruits

It is preserving the tongue from mistakes in pronunciation of the Glorious Qur'an during reading.
4. Its precedence

It is one of the most honored of sciences and one of the best of them due to its relation to Allah’s words.
5. Its place within the sciences

It is one of the Islamic Law sciences that are related to the Glorious Qur'an.
6. Its founder

The rule setter from the practical point of view is the Messenger of Allah because the Qur'an was revealed to him from Allah, the most High, with tajweed, and he, was instructed on it from the Trustworthy, Jibreel, peace be upon him, and taught it to his companions, who then taught it to their followers and so on until it came to us by these chains. The rule setters from the scientific point of view are the scholars of Qur'anic sciences, such as Abu 'Ubaid Al-Qasim bin Sallaam.
7. Its precept

Knowledge of tajweed is fardh kifayaah, meaning some of the Muslim community must know it, and its application is fardh ‘ain, required by all Muslims (men and women) who have the complete Qur'an or part of it memorized, even if only one surah.
8. Reasons for its rules

Guarding the Glorious Qur'an and preserving it from distortion. The Arabs mixed with non-Arabs after the spread of Islam, and the Muslims feared that the Arab tongue would become corrupted with this intermixing. It then became mandatory for rules to be put down that would preserve the recitation of the Qur'an from mistakes, and guarantee the reader of the Qur'an integrity of pronunciation.
9. Its principles

The knowledge of tajweed is contingent on four matters:

1. Knowledge of the articulation points of the letters
2. Knowledge of the characteristics of the letters
3. Knowledge of what rules change in the letters due to the order of letters
4. Exercising the tongue and a lot of repetition.