Leaving for a bit (if I can stay away that long) Lol.

Ladybug3478

Salam :),

I'm going to take some time off and thought it would be a nice gesture to let you all know (learned that here at TTI :)). It's been great learning from all of you at TTI. After years of searching and many late nights trying to grasp an understanding of the road that should be taken...it's so nice to finally have that come to an end. It'll be great to have some normalcy in my life. Inshallah. In addition, I think it took me so long because I used the statement "I'm not Muslim" to continue some of my old habits and not have to feel too guilty. Well, it's a shame since I kept saying..."I just want to please Allah". But, all praises belong to Allah as he has shown the way. I may have crawled and it took quite some time but, it was worth it. I also said that I wasn't going to send an email letting everyone know of my decision because I felt uncomfortable telling everyone and waiting for the responses but, this seems almost the same...oh, well.

Yesterday, while in the park, I asked a woman if she went to Mosque and she said 'yes'. She told me about her Mosque, gave me her phone number in case I had questions, and offered to help me with putting on the hijab. I did not have a Hijab on instead, my outfit consisted of a knitted hat with long pants and a long sleeve shirt. Again, it makes me somewhat upset at myself because I said "I only want to please Allah" but, then I can't even put on the Hijab (I've worn scarves and hats but, never went full Hijab). But, I'm not going to beat myself up about it. Inshallah, the Mosque will work out and once I'm within the Muslim community...wearing the Hijab will become the norm. Inshallah. The Mosque she attends is actually the Mosque I went to before requesting lessons. There is a previous post that I explained my experiences. I said the young man was a little suspicious of me but, I should not have judged him. Allah please forgive me. This young man did take the time to speak with me and my son and besides...I don't know his experiences. He was a person who's dress was of Islamic wear (long shirt and cap...sorry that I don't know what it's called). In addition, the older man was very gracious. Inshallah my family and I will benefit a great deal. Inshallah.

So, I'm taking the break because now that my search is over...I need to get a grip...and learn about my new religion, learn how to pray correctly words and motions(by memory), reread the Quran, and Inshallah I'd like to memorize the 99 names of Allah along with an understanding.

I'll be back because you are all so intelligent and helpful. This site is a real Gem.

Wa'alaikumussalam :)

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
wa-alaykuma salaam:)

Reading your nice journey, i guess it is worth a break. You must be very releived. I really enjoyed having you here and insha ALlah it will be good to have you back. May Allah almighty make things easier for you and your family amiin. have fun my dear sis insha Allah:hearts:

wasalam

fada_all

salam alikom

:)you are all the time welcomed here sister between all your brothers and sisters here..we are all waiting for you insha allah taala , may allah bless you with his wide mercey and all muslims..................:tti_sister:

my allah guide us all to the right path

:salam2:

mashAllah, may Allah increase for u.

One thing that caught my attention the other day was when a sheik explained that a good deed that you do; Allah will send down on you more good deeds along the way. There is a hadith related to this but my memory of it is blocked now.

the sheik explained and example as well: Take the person who goes to pray in the mosque, that is a good deed, there is more blessings in doing so. Now think of what will happen when you go to the masjid, you pray 2 rakaa for taheeyat al-masjid. That is addtional good deed. Then you may think of Allah more by praising Him between Athan and iqama. Then after the obligatory prayer you may spend more time on asking Allah and remembering Allah. There may be more prayers you do after main prayer. You may say Assalam Aleikum to another muslim in the masjid, that is additional good deed. You may smile and lift someone's day by doing so. The list could go on and on.

This example, however it may seem simple reflects how a person is blessed with more good deeds after doing one. The person who prays in the masjid would be more inclined to do all verses if he was at home or away from the masjid.

So we must try our best to do good deeds. These are the things that will lead us to come closer to what Allah has ordered us to do. Interesting enough, this phenomenom of doing good deeds is so practical, just seeing others will make it clear.

please don't mind if there are terms or actions that I mentioned and you don't know. These will be more clear to you as learn and take part in going to the masjid or mosque.

finally, yes this site is addicting, because when we become more attached to Islam it becomes pretty much, the subject, that interests a person to talk about and learn. And this site, at the least gives you feedback from others that may have some more knowledge about Islam.

may Allah guide us all.

:wasalam:

Prosperous

asthagfirullah
alhamdhulillah
masha ALLAH mashaALLAh mashaALLAH
sis, i remember you clearing out somematters about islam here and telling you are not a muslim but always my heart told me that oneday you will, because your statments were never against islam and clearly showed you know more than you say you knew.
mashaALLAH what a blessing, congratulation sister and welcome to islam.
hope you find everything easy and sister do not overload your self, ALLAh swt knows your condition and things easy, may allah swt keep you steadfast in his deen.ameen

Prosperous

asthagfirullah
salam sis, here is some help for you to learn how to pray and I'm not posting link to vedios since there are so many posts here in TTI with vedios of how to do prayers and also you can find millions in youtube.so I'm just posting a book which contain more than 1 du'a which you can recite when you are in prayers and clear out some doubts which won't be cleared by the vedios hope this help.
http://www.qss.org/articles/salah/toc.html
also please refer to the forum "how to pray and ablution" threads. you will not regret.
here is a link to all the 99 names of ALLAH swt .with meaning. inshaALLAh you will find it easy to learn.
http://www.jannah.org/articles/names.html
wassalam

mezeren

Salam :),

So, I'm taking the break because now that my search is over...I need to get a grip...and learn about my new religion, learn how to pray correctly words and motions(by memory), reread the Quran, and Inshallah I'd like to memorize the 99 names of Allah along with an understanding.

I'll be back because you are all so intelligent and helpful. This site is a real Gem.

Wa'alaikumussalam :)

:wasalam:

i don't know why,but when i read your post it brought tears to my eyes.i have read some of your previous posts asking questions and sort of digesting the answers.You always seemed like a genuine seeker of the truth and i hoped and felt that you would end up accepting islam.

Your story proves once more that Allah guides whom He wills and whoever deserves to be guided.Maybe that's why i got emotional,witnessing the greatness of our Creator once more.

Congrats for your accepting islam.May Allah keep you and all of us on the straight path until we die.

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Assalamualaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh dear Sister,

MashAllaah. :hijabi:

Alhamdulillah. I'm very happy for you Sis. Welcome to the Family!

May Allah the Glorious and High keep you and family on the straight path, make you all among the righteous and grant you all the highest Jannah. Ameen.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sahih Muslim Chapter 1, Book 035, Number 6471: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Abu Huraira reported Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying that Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, thus stated: I am near to the thought of My servant as he thinks about Me, and I am with him as he remembers Me. And if he remembers Me in his heart, I also remember him in My Heart, and if he remembers Me in assembly I remember him in assembly, better than his (remembrance), and if he draws near Me by the span of a palm, I draw near him by the cubit, and if he draws near Me by the cubit I draw near him by the space (covered by) two hands. And if he walks towards Me, I rush towards him.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 76, Number 509:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah’s Apostle said, “Allah said, ‘I will declare war against him who shows hostility to a pious worshipper of Mine. And the most beloved things with which My slave comes nearer to Me, is what I have enjoined upon him; and My slave keeps on coming closer to Me through performing Nawafil (praying or doing extra deeds besides what is obligatory) till I love him, so I become his sense of hearing with which he hears, and his sense of sight with which he sees, and his hand with which he grips, and his leg with which he walks; and if he asks Me, I will give him, and if he asks My protection (Refuge), I will protect him; (i.e. give him My Refuge) and I do not hesitate to do anything as I hesitate to take the soul of the believer, for he hates death, and I hate to disappoint him.”

You are always welcome here! We can never stay away too long from TTI:wink:.

Take care!

almanar

Seeking Allah's Love
Assalamualaikum sister...
May Allah increase ur faith in Him.
Hope that we'll meet in Paradise.

Your sister in Islam.

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
Asslamu Alaikum

I think you have made a good decision. I wish all the best in your learning. May ALLAH SWT grant you the best of knowledge and make you among the best follers of deen. Ameen.