Looking down upon a Muslim

sheikhonderun

In a world, looking down upon people is so common due to whatever reason lineage, beauty, wealth or one’s education. This is a good warning for our souls.
This is an excerpt from Hayatus Sahabah. The author Sheikh Yusuf has written this narration under a Chapter: Looking down upon a Muslim.

Looking down upon a Muslim

Arwah (rad) reports, ‘In the field of Arafat, the Prophet (saw) accompanied by people of Yemen was waiting for Osama bin Zaid (rad). In the meantime, Osama (rad) did show up. The people of Yemen were upset and with contempt exclaimed, ‘Had we been delayed for this boy?’
This remark was made by the people of Yemen, since Osama (rad) was flat nosed and dark complexioned.
Arwah (rad) then mentions, ‘Because of this remark towards Osama (rad), after the death of Prophet (saw) the people of Yemen turned non believers ’.

Note: Can one imagine that just for a glance or remark of looking down upon a Muslim was a cause for Allah to snatch away the eeman or faith of the people of Yemen. Faith is to be considered to be the greatest of blessings from Allah let alone one’s wealth, education, honor or beauty. Who knows when we have looked down on others, how many doors of guidance for the hereafter Allah closed for us?

(If you have benefited from this article, I ask you to sincerely raise your hands and pray for me and send it to others)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalmaoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu. . .

Jazakallah khair for the article.
This is an excerpt from Hayatus Sahabah. The author Sheikh Yusuf has written this narration under a Chapter: Looking down upon a Muslim.

I heard it's a good book, but I "also" heard some stories from hayatus sahabah (about hadrat Omer to be specific)that are not true.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Don't we do this daily. Do we not say constantly the Sufi is not Muslim, the Shia is not Muslim..just the other day we had a thread and the sisters were complaining about wearing hijab and not praying...people coming to the masjid and not fasting...

We do this daily...

complex_man

Assalaam walaikum,

Don't we do this daily. Do we not say constantly the Sufi is not Muslim, the Shia is not Muslim..just the other day we had a thread and the sisters were complaining about wearing hijab and not praying...people coming to the masjid and not fasting...

We do this daily...

sister aapa , i agree with you. we do it regularly. even then we dont realize it. any way very good share. thanks for it