Losing my faith

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

First let me welcome you to the forum.

Now...You got a lot of love in those responses.

Can I be straightforward with you, in the best of manners? Please think of what you wrote.

If I am not mistaken you have read online works and that has convinced you to question Allah subhana wa taala.

Did you try to read the Word of Allah? I am not teasing nor jesting, there is no sarcasm in these words.

Please think through what I have written. InshaAllah, you will be rightly guided. Stay with us, please.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Assalamu alaikum

Like the title says, I am losing, if I have not already lost, my faith.

Wa'alaikumusalam. Brother you are not losing it, you are confused. Allah will guide you inshAllah.

I have been doing a lot of scientific study, reading, from reliable sources online. It seems to me science explains pretty much everything from the creation of the universe, to the creation of life on earth, without the need for a God or religion.

Scientific theory can change and have changed many times, but scientific evident in the Qur'an have been in line with scientific findings.

From the big bang creating the universe, to evolution creating life. There is so much evidence for this, it is undeniable.

Have you read the Qur'an?

God on the other hand has no credible evidence. There is no evidence for His existence, that can't be explained scientifically. By this I mean you could say look at all the wonders of the world, of course there is a God...but it can all be explained scientifically and without the need for God. If God existed why would He not make His existence easy to be seen and believed. I have not been able to find much evidence that any of the prophets existed, other than their mentioning in scripture.

I baked a cake, will the cake see me? Does the cake knows its creator (me) exist? Answer is no, the cake does not see me because I did not provide "eyes" for the cake to see me. Does it mean I'm not exist? It is the cake can't see me not that I don't exist. Likewise, it is you can't see the God because God did not provide you tools to see Him. If you want to see him, jostle for a place in jannah then ask God, don't forget ask Him to allow you to see Him. The fact is, God always exists, He has no beginning and no ending. Science can't explain many things, because science are men findings through research. Men are not God, we have shortcomings. Science can't even tell when you and me will die. Let alone to tell you where and who is God.

Good that you are here, but we are not scholars. Maybe my explanation is not convincing you, I suggest you get a sheikh and get him to guide you. Just like science, Islam not a religion you can sit and study on your own, you need people to teach you the actual teachings of Islam.

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
:salam2:

I only want to say one thing here....
MASHALLAH!!!!!!

I read above at the wealth of knowledge all you Brothers and Sisters have and I felt so unbelievably small!
May Allah bless you everyday with more and more knowledge and increase you in faith.

Brother Kashif... Im amazed at your writing.... Im amazed at all of you...

Brother Bosnia - i dont think you will have any more questions. These are brothers and sisters who have faith in Allah strentching forward and asking you to come on board the best ship in the world. Please give us a response on your thoughts after reading all this...

I baked a cake, will the cake see me?

:salam2: BrOther!
:) i smiled at your example for explanation.... I imagined putting eyes on my chocolate cake...

bmw540i

My brother,make you have just come out of a brutal war and you need to make istigfar and ask Allah who kept you safe all this time.The people that are talking to you about Evolution the answer is very simple.

Any person who thinks that he was born from a baboon will think like a baboon.

Any person who talks about d.n.a should know that the Jewish scientist have found a way to manipulate d.n.a.

Science is very good,but 80% OF SCIENCE IS THEORY.

Islam is fact and direct from Allah.

Read Quraan the ultimate miracle.

Ayanle

Assalamu alaikum

Like the title says, I am losing, if I have not already lost, my faith.

I have been doing a lot of scientific study, reading, from reliable sources online. It seems to me science explains pretty much everything from the creation of the universe, to the creation of life on earth, without the need for a God or religion.

From the big bang creating the universe, to evolution creating life. There is so much evidence for this, it is undeniable.

God on the other hand has no credible evidence. There is no evidence for His existence, that can't be explained scientifically. By this I mean you could say look at all the wonders of the world, of course there is a God...but it can all be explained scientifically and without the need for God. If God existed why would He not make His existence easy to be seen and believed.

I have not been able to find much evidence that any of the prophets existed, other than their mentioning in scripture.

It is scientifically impossible that all humans came from two people, Adam and Eve. This might be the biggest problem I am having at the moment. There is Mitochondrial Eve and Y-chromosomal Adam, our most common ancestors, but they lived tens of thousands of years apart. Also the story of Adam and Eve, their children marrying each other, incest...honestly I find this disgusting.

A lot of what is written in the Holy Qu'ran and other scripture seems far fetched to me. Almost like a fairy tale. From Jesus, peace be upon him, raising people from the dead. To Muhammad, peace be upon him, splitting the moon. Noah's ark and the flood (would science not be able to prove this happened?). God waiting billions of years from the creation of the Universe and earth to put humans on earth. To things like ants talking to Solomon.

I question why there is thousands of God worshiped now a days, so many religions, etc. How does God expect us to find His one true religion.

In terms of religion, only Islam makes sense. If any religion is the one true religion, it's Islam. No doubt about this. But then I find myself asking why would God condemn everyone to eternal suffering other than Muslims. Why would he let people think Jesus, peace be upon him, was crucified. Because I understand it wasn't Jesus, peace be upon him, that was crucified but someone was and wouldn't this mean God let people be deceived and think it was Jesus, peace be upon him, when it wasn't.

I have many, many other questions but I'll leave it as this for now. I wonder if anyone will bother reading even this much.

I will conclude by saying since I lost my faith, my belief in God, I feel depressed, alone. I feel my life no longer has any meaning. I still can't completely abandon faith but truth be told the only reason I haven't completely abandoned it is because I still fear Hell. i find the notion of Heaven and Hell hard to believe as well, but I can't not fear burning in Hell for ever and ever, suffering such unimaginable pain, if Hell exists.

I beg you brothers and sisters, read what I have wrote and give me advice. I would like more scientific, logical advice, rather than spiritual, faith advice, if that makes sense. I do make Dua to Allah. I do still prayer but I feel nothing and I'm pretty sure since I currently don't believe in God, my prayer is not accepted and I'm wasting my time.

Jazak Allah Khayran for anyone who is willing to read all this and help me in anyway. Even if you just make Dua that Allah increases my Iman or gives me a sign or something so that I can believe again and go back to being happy instead of depressed and miserable which what I am currently.
you have very valid questions and it's good to ask and question what you believe but if you do some research and delve deeper and leave emotions aside, everything you've asked can be answered by quran, sunnah and rational
if you need help pm me and i'll try and point you in the right direction insha allah

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Brother, first of all, Assalamu Aleykum. Second, you have a lot of good responses, so I'll just try to give you some short advice.

1.) Understand that humans aren't so special that they "came from themselves."

Rasulallah (SAW) even refutes that idea, explaining that if a person thinks that he (and all other creatures) originated from "cells" that "came from nowhere" instead of being created by Allah (SWT), then let all the Jinn and Humans, from the first of them to the last of them to get together and TRY to create a fly the way Allah (SWT) has created it, and yet, if they all came together to do so, then they won't be able to do it.

2.) You saying that "you are losing your Eman" is like a person saying that "they are drowning in a lake."

Your Eman is decreasing because of these books/articles that you are reading that have to do with Science. Now let me tell you brother, those people who wrote books trying to prove (to people like you) that Allah (SWT) is imaginary have their heads stuck up their behinds. They wrote that book because they are no differant than Iblis and his buddies. Iblis and his buddies hate Allah (SWT) and they use all their efforts to take people away from Allah (SWT), and these broken-heads like Darwin and Hawkins are a bunch of idiots who don't have common sense.

When you read their works, you are listening/reading the words of people who are the allies of Iblis, and everything single word from them will make your Eman to decrease, and Allah (SWT) has cursed them in their efforts, and because of that, they understand that Allah (SWT) is the truth, but they use thier science and their fat brains to explain that Allah (SWT) doesn't exist (which doesn't make sense).

But when you read books by the Awliya of Allah (SWT), those people who are beloved servants of Allah (SWT), then your Eman will just increase, and why? Because Allah (SWT) has blessed them in their works.

bari

Sorry to say, Science do explain how things happen, but can never say why happens. Sorry bro, I am a scientist, do not confuse science with absoute truth.

Sad.sad.

Assalamu 'alaykum sisters and brothers,
I am new here, and I am glad to find this discussion;
I am afraid my heart is dead, I need Allah to guide me, I need him in my heart and to get me out from the darkness, I don't need proves but only to be guide and to feel alive again with a heart full of strong iman and light.. so please make a lot of du'a for me, and I will pray Allah to reward you with Paradise:)

Jazak Allahu khair!
your sister. L.

Ayyub

@BosnianAuMuslim:

There is a lot of scientific evidence that the evolution theory is completly wrong. Darwin himself wasn't even an expert on this field. Darwin was also of the opinion that the earth will only be able to hold 2 billion humans. Whcich already was proven wrong. The evolution theory appealed to the zionist and with their money and influence made it spread throughout the world.

First here are some articles about why Alllah even created us and why Allah SWT doesn't showHinself to us. Besides a few points of what you wrote make me doubt that you really did read the quran completly.

http://bakkah.net/articles/whyarewehere.htm

There was a similair question such as yours in an other forum and a brother gave some really amazing answers to these questions:

Since the late 70s and 80s there has been an increase in the number of scientists and academics acknowledging that there must be a creator in order to account for the universe. Due to the advancements made in the fields of genetics and cosmology, the acceptance of a creator is inevitable. Theories such as evolution are no longer tenable. Evolutionists have faced growing opposition over the last two decades due to undeniable implications of the discoveries in genetics and cosmology.

For your information, one of the great figureheads of contemporary atheism, Anthony Flew, announced in 2004 that he is no longer an atheist and has accepted the existence of a creator.

This sent shock waves through "militant atheism" and his former colleagues began to attack and vilify him. I recently read his book called "There is a God - How the World's Most Notorious Atheist Changed His Mind".

Although Flew accepts that there must be a creator, he has not committed to any religion. In his book when one looks at the reasons, considerations or the specific arguments that led him to recant from atheism, you will find that they are not too far off from the implications of the meanings of these verses in the Qur'an in Surah at-Tur:

"Were they created by nothing? Or were they themselves the creators? Or did they create the heavens and the earth, they do not have any firm conviction"

If you look at the tafseer (explanation) of this verse you will find the wording in these verses can provide the following meanings:

- Were they created by nothing, i.e. without an originator or creator
- Were they created from nothing or as inanimate matter - i.e. without a father or mother, and not by way of an embryo in its various stages, and not from sperm and ovum, were they created as inanimate beings
- Were they created without any purpose or end goal i.e. is there no end goal or purpose to their lives
- Were they creators of themselves (they would never and cannot claim this)
- Were they the creators of the heavens and the earth (they would never and cannot claim this)

The answers to all the questions are in the negative which leads to only one conclusion.

Flew says on page 88-89:

quote:
Why do I believe this, given that I expounded and defended atheism for more than half a century? The short answer is this: this is the world picture as I see it, that has emerged from modern science. Science spotlights three dimensions of nature that point to God. The first is the fact that nature obeys laws. The second is the dimension of life, of intelligently organized and purpose-driven beings, which arose from matter. The third, is the very existence of nature..."

He also says, no page 89,

quote:
"My departure from atheism was not occasioned by any new phenomenon or argument. Over the last two decades my whole framework of thought has been in a stage of migration. This was a consequence of my continuing assessment of the evidence of nature ...".

And some of the chapter headings in his book include,

- Who wrote the laws of nature?
- Did the universe know we were coming?
- How did life go live?
- Did something come from nothing?

Now I would not normally make mention or use of the recantation of any atheist. However, since Flew describes himself as the "most notorious atheist" who is in fact regarded as such by his peers, and that in the circles of contemporary atheism, Flew's paper, "Theology and Falsification" written over 50 years has probably been the most important work that invigorated and revived the atheistic academic assault in the decades to follow - I have made mention of his departure from atheism.

I've mentioned Flew here to illustrate the point that your conclusion that there cannot be a God, which you described as logical is a very subjective judgement.

You should also note that when many of the contemporary arrogant atheists noticed this trend over the last twenty years, they stepped up their efforts to win the attention of the general population, fearing that they might follow this growing realization against academics and scientists of the failure of Darwinian Evolution and atheist philosophy to provide sufficient answers. They have been labelled the "New Atheists" and their movement, "New Atheism". This includes people like Richard Dawkins who is the more popular and outspoken of this group.

I also read Dawkins "the God Delusion" as it was so highly promoted. When you get to the crux of his argument in the hundreds of pages that are often filled with sarcasm, insults, mockery, and so on, he says that the issue of intelligent design, or that the argument that there is purpose-driven intelligent design evidenced in nature does cause a big problem (i.e. its an issue that cannot be brushed aside easily by atheists) however, "natural selection" is an alternative, so why can't we just accept "natural selection" as an alternative to accepting God. That's the essence of what he is saying - not much substance at all.

Most of the writings of these "new atheists" use ad hominem attacks, sarcasm and mockery in order make atheism the mainstream amongst the general population. The wave of books that have appeared to promote atheism in recent years are just books aimed at the general populace, to sway them and keep from away from the reality of there being a creator.

If you research into the atheism of the last century you will realise that one of the biggest ideas found early in the 20th century to support atheism was logical positivism, the general idea of which is that the only statements that are true and meaningful are those that can be verified by sense experience - and that anything that cannot be verified by sense experience cannot be affirmed. This was later abandoned by its main proponent (A.J. Ayers) as being untenable, and atheists were then looking for the "next big thing" in atheist philosophy - until Flew came with his famous paper. You have to understand that these people from their arrogance, presume that atheism is the standard, and from that point proceed to find arguments, or invent philosophies that will support them in their conclusion. So you will see that they have "no real conviction" in anything. They are in fact internally confused, contradictory and do not have any firm standing.

They are as Allaah has stated, "Were they created by nothing? Or were they themselves the creators? Or did they create the heavens and the earth, they do not have any firm conviction"

After having said all this there are important points to mention:

It is not a requirement that a Muslim "prove" his faith by way of scientific proofs for the existence of Allaah. Unfortunately this is a methodology promoted by some modernists - they claim that unless a Muslim is able to furnish scientific proofs for the existence of their Lord, that their faith (Imaan) is deficient. This is a false claim.

The first obligation is to actually declare one's faith in in Allaah, not to learn scientific proofs after having assumed a position of doubt.

Secondly, in the Qur'an where are we enjoined to reflect upon the natural phenomena around us, this is in order for us to reflect, ponder and as a consequence affirm His sole right to be worshipped. The proof of the existence of a Creator by way of the the creation is not the primary issue, as that is a matter that is beyond doubt, as Allaah has said in Surah Ibrahim, "Is there any doubt concerning Allaah, the Originator and creator of the heavens and earth?". When we look at the explanations of such verses in the Qur'an we find the orthodox Muslim commentators explain how these natural phenomena are a proof that the sole right for all forms of worship belong to Allaah, and Allaah alone. Thus, the primary purpose in reflection upon the creation is to acknowledge that none has the right to be worshipped except Allaah alone, and not to merely affirm that He is the creator and originator.

So when we are involved in the discussion of the existence of a creator, we need to bear these things in mind.

Back in 1989/1990 I attended a series of lectures at the famous Royal Institute in London. The series ran over a few days, and the presenter (I cannot really remember who it was, but it may well have been Richard Dawkins himself) went through what is known as "the Monkey Experiment". He ran a computer simulation showing that if a group of monkeys typed on a computer keyboard long enough they could produce a word. From this it is inferred that an entire book could be typed out, merely by chance.

This is a favourite of the proponents of natural selection. I'll quote here from Flew's book pages 75-78:

I was particularly impressed with Gerry Shroeder's point-by-point refutation of what I call the "monkey theorem". This idea which has been presented in a number of forms and variations, defends the possibility of life arising by chance using the analogy of a multitude of monkeys banging away on computer keyboards and eventually ending up writing a Shakespearean sonnet.

Schroeder first referred to an experiment conducted by the British National Council of Arts. A computer was placed in a cage with six monkeys. After one month of hammering away at it (as well as using it as a bathroom), the monkeys produced fifty typed pages - but not a single word. Shroeder noted that this was the case even though the shortest word in the English language is one letter (a or I). A is only a word if there is a space on either side of it. If we take it that the keyboard has thirty characters (the twenty-six letters and other symbols), then the likelihood of getting a one-letter word is 30 times 30 times 30, which is 27,000. The likelihood of getting a one-letter word is one chance out of 27,000.

Schroeder then applied the probabilities to the sonnet analogy. "What's the change of getting a Shakespearean sonnet?" he asked. He continued:

quote:
All the sonnets are the same length. They're by definition fourteen lines long. I picked the one I knew the opening line for, "Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?" I counted the number of letters; there are 488 letters in that sonnet. What's the likelihood of hammering away and getting 488 letters in the exact sequence as in "Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Day?"? What you end up with is 26 multiplied by itself 388 times - or 26 to the 488th power. Or in other words, in base 10, 10 to the 690th power.

[Now] the number of particles in the universe - not grains of sand, I'm talking about protons, electrons, and neutrons - is 10 to the 80th. Ten to the 80th is 1 with 80 zeros after it. There are not enough particles in the universe to write down the trials, you would be off by a factor of 10 to the 600th.

If you took the entire universe and converted it to computer chips - forget the monkeys - each one weighing a millionth of a gram and had each computer chip able to spin out 488 trials at, say, a million times a second; if you turn the entire universe into these microcomputer chips and these chips were spinning a million times a second [producing] random letters, the number of trials you would get since the beginning of time woul be 10 to the 90th trials. It would be off again by a factor of 10 to the 600th. You will never get a sonnet by chance. The universe would have to be 10 to the 600th times larger. Yet the world just thinks the monkeys can do it every time

After hearing Schroeder's presentation, I told him that he had very satisfactorily and decisively established that the "monkey theorem" was a load of rubbish, and that it was particularly good to do it just with a sonnet; the theorem is sometimes proposed using the works of Shakespeare or a single play such as Hamlet. If the theorem won't work for a single sonnet, then of course, its absurd to suggest the more elaborate feat of the origin of life could have been achieved by chance. (Flew, There is a God, pp 75-78)
From this quote from Flew's book we can see how ridiculous this actually is.

In addition to this, if for example a word was randomly produced then that word would only be meaningful to an external form of intelligence. In other words this experiment must assume that there is already life and meaning, perception and understanding in existence for that so called random word creation to be recognized as a meaningful randomly created word. Even the underlying design of this experiment falsifies the intended conclusion behind it.

Whatever the case, Bobby, I'll give you some good advice that will save you from wasting weeks, months, or even years of wrangling around:

There is no logical argument for the absence of a creator. The presumption is the existence of a creator, and the deniers have to prove there isn't one. They can't, unless they resort to ridiculous monkey experiments, and "thought experiments". The universe itself gives lie to them.

So I invite you to affirm that there is none which has the right to be worshipped except Allaah alone, without any partners, and thereafter to learn of the Beautiful Names and Lofty Attributes of Allaah, the Originator and Creator of the heavens and the earth.

As there is no logical case for denying a creator, I know that if you have any other obstacles in your mind, they are most likely emotional arguments. Such as if there is a creator, why is there so much evil and so on. These are merely emotional arguments - they are not logical - they arise due to the absence of the correct knowledge and sound understanding that would allow these emotional obstacles to be easily resolved.

To this end, you should study in depth the principles of the sound Islamic creed, the issues of faith (imaan) and al-qadr (divine decree) and this knowledge will help relieve you of such obstacles.

And Allaah knows best.

For the whole conversation and debatte you better visit this site:
http://www.salafitalk.net/st/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=6&Topic=7025&sortby=asc

I am afraid my heart is dead, I need Allah to guide me, I need him in my heart and to get me out from the darkness, I don't need proves but only to be guide and to feel alive again with a heart full of strong iman and light.. so please make a lot of du'a for me, and I will pray Allah to reward you with Paradise:)

Jazak Allahu khair!
your sister. L.
:salam2: Akhi
there is a fatwa of the Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and 'Ifta and that's what they replied to on how to revive or strengthen your Iman.

The way to increase Iman

Second question from fatwa No. (10561):

Q 2: It is admittedly true that faith increases and decreases. However, I suffer from weakness of faith and harshness of the heart. How can I strengthen my faith and soften my heart, and submit my limbs humbly to Allah amidst the worlds temptations? Dear Shaykh! Kindly elaborate on this matter. May Allah reward you.

A: Faith indeed increases if a person obeys Allah and decreases if they disobey Him.

So, you should be keen to preserve offering the obligatory prayers in congregation, pay Zakah willingly as a means to expiate sins, be merciful to the poor and the needy. You should keep company of pious and righteous people who may prove helpful to you in applying the rulings of Shari`ah and guide you to attain happiness in life and the Hereafter. You should avoid innovators and sinners lest they should beguile you into temptations and weaken your enthusiastic nature of benevolence. Do as many voluntary acts of goodness as you are able to, resort to Allah, and ask him to grant you success.

Once you do this, Allah will increase your faith, reward you for the pious deeds you might have missed, grant you more favors and hold you firm on the straight path of Islam.

May Allah grant us success! May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet, his family, and companions!

Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and 'Ifta
`Abdul-`Aziz ibn `Abdullah ibn Baz
`Abdullah ibn Ghudayyan
`Abdul-Razzaq `Afify

There is much more advice that the comittee gave but including it here would make my post way too long.
But here is the link where you can ichallah find the complete fatwa:

http://www.salafitalk.net/st/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=6&Topic=8342

:wasalam:

World Peace

Islam is Light
Peace be upon you brother BosnianAusMuslim

I would like you to reflect at the following questions and the information, Lets start with the beginning, who created the universe? How did the universe come into existence? Did the universe come into existence by chance? Does chance create laws and fine tuning?

Allah says in the Holy Quran:

“No vision can grasp Him, but His grasp is over all vision: He is above all comprehension, yet is acquainted with all things.” (The Holy Quran, 6:103)

"Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder? We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?"(The Holy Quran, 21:30)

"The heaven, We have built it with power. Verily. We are expanding it." (The Holy Quran, 51:47)

"Were they created of nothing, or were they themselves the creators? Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Nay, they have no firm belief" (The Holy Quran, 52, 35-36)

How can ye reject the faith in Allah.- seeing that ye were without life, and He gave you life; then will He cause you to die, and will again bring you to life; and again to Him will ye return.” (The Holy Quran, 2:28)

“And they say: "What is there but our life in this world? We shall die and we live, and nothing but time can destroy us." But of that they have no knowledge: they merely conjecture:” (The Holy Quran, 45:24)

“Man says: "What! When I am dead, shall I then be raised up alive?" But does not man call to mind that We created him before out of nothing?” (The Holy Quran, 19:66-67)

“And they say: "What! when we lie, hidden and lost, in the earth, shall we indeed be in a Creation renewed? Nay, they deny the Meeting with their Lord. Say: "The Angel of Death, put in charge of you, will (duly) take your souls: then shall ye be brought back to your Lord."” (The Holy Quran, 32:10-11)

“And indeed We have created man, and We know what his ownself whispers to him. And We are nearer to him than his jugular vein (by Our Knowledge).” (The Holy Quran, 50:16)

“From the (earth) did We create you, and into it shall We return you, and from it shall We bring you out once again.” (The Holy Quran, 20: 55)

“Say: "It is Allah Who gives you life, then gives you death; then He will gather you together for the Day of Judgment about which there is no doubt": But most men do not understand. “ (The Holy Quran, 45:26)

"Does man think that he will be left uncontrolled, (without purpose)?" (The Holy Quran, 75: 36)

"Did ye then think that We had created you in jest, and that ye would not be brought back to Us (for account)?" (The Holy Quran, 23:113)

“And I (Allah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone).” (The Holy Quran, 51:56)

Every soul shall have a taste of death: and We test you by evil and by good by way of trial. to Us must ye return. “ (The Holy Quran, 21:35)

“He Who created Death and Life, that He may try which of you is best in deed: and He is the Exalted in Might, Oft-Forgiving;-“ (The Holy Quran, 67:2)

I hope you have a look at the following:

Regarding Evolution
http://www.beconvinced.com/archive/en/article.php?articleid=0116&catid=03&subcatname=Exi stence Of God

Existance of God

http://www.beconvinced.com/archive/e...istence Of God
http://www.islamreligion.com/category/39/

Videos: Rational Arguments for the Existance Of God
http://www.thedeenshow.com/videos.php?action=featured&id=1732
http://www.thedeenshow.com/videos.php?action=featured&id=1734
More at
http://thedeenshow.com/show.php?action=all

Confessions of the Evolutionists. "...In this book you will find statements made by these evolutionist scientists regarding the theory they believe in. Hundreds of evolutionists, from Charles Darwin to eminent present-day supporters of his theory, such as Richard Dawkins, Stephen Jay Gould and Richard Leakey...."
http://us1.harunyahya.com/Detail/T/EDCRFV/productId/8063/CONFESSIONS_OF_THE_EVOLUTIONISTS
------------------------------------------------------------

The True Religion: Which is the True Religion of God?
http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/448/viewall

The Truth is One
http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/8/viewall
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77891

The Authenticity and Preservation of the Holy Quran; Evidence That the Holy Quran is the Word of God
http://www.islamreligion.com/category/123/

The Beauty and Eloquence of the Holy Quran
http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/3923/viewall/

An Introduction to the Holy Quran
http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/370/viewall/

The Quran and Modern Science
http://www.islamguiden.com/arkiv/quran_science.pdf

True Happiness and Inner Peace
http://www.islamreligion.com/category/104/

The Purpose of Life
http://www.islamreligion.com/category/52/

Quran, Hadith and Knowledge
http://muslimheritage.com/topics/default.cfm?ArticleID=249

Islamic Science, the Scholar and Ethics
http://muslimheritage.com/topics/default.cfm?ArticleID=570

Muslim Scholars and Science
http://muslimheritage.com/topics/default.cfm?ArticleID=250

How Islam inspired Scientific Advance
http://muslimheritage.com/topics/default.cfm?ArticleID=651

Contrast between Islamic and Western Science
http://muslimheritage.com/topics/default.cfm?ArticleID=246
http://muslimheritage.com/topics/default.cfm?ArticleID=259

"Prince Charles, Heir to the British Monarch in a public speech at Oxford University: “If there is much misunderstanding in the west about the nature of Islam, there is also much ignorance about the debt our own culture and civilisation owe to the Islamic world. It is a failure, which, I think, from the straight-jacket of history, which we have inherited. The medieval Islamic world. From Asia to the shores of the Atlantic, was a world where scholars and men of learning flourished. But because we have tended to see Islam as the enemy of the west, as an alien culture, society, and system of belief, we have tended to ignore or erase its great relevance to our own history”."

You may find it interesting to read about the Islamic Golden Period, and the contribution of Muslims to civilisation in the following link.
http://theradiantlight.blogspot.com/2009/06/islams-forgottenerased-contributions-to.html

I hope you find them useful. May Allah guide you and enlighten your heart with the light of faith.

Sad.sad.

Salam,
I found a very interesting video on youtub (which I cannot post here yet), so pls check out: European Scientist converts to Islam.. this man makes me think that proves are not sufficient to believe in God, you can have in front of you all the proves you need but if Allah doesn't guide you, yet you won't believe.. so it is not sufficient the reason, in fact only Allah can change people's heart, in fact I pray Allah to change my heart and to make me a real, true, believer, sometimes I cry because I am afraid my heart is dead, other times I feel like a hypocrite, this feeling is keeling me, but however lately, hamdulilah, I am very hopeful in Allah's Mercy!

ah check out even this article: Hearts Wherewith they Understand, from: Secrets of Qur'an!

may Allah guide us all to the right path. Amin.

ipanda

You have a very truthful concern. I myself feel that way always. But one thing that so far holds me from saying "There is NO God" is cos science and all dont explain to me how such a diverse and complicated universe, our brain, the way we multiply in a yet convincing way. You are not losing your faith at all, rather you are just exploring whats out there. May be you will find out the truth thru science or Islam or so.

Just search with a open heart and good luck with whatever you believe in or chose to believe in.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~

Jazak Allahu khair!
your sister. L.

Wa 'alaikumassalam WaRahmatullah,
Welcome to the website,sister.There are such times in everyone's lives when we feel our hearts are hardened and become stones,but there are stones out of which water comes out,stones out of which rivers flow and stones that soften with Allah's fear.So do not worry have good hope in Allah and trust Him.Allah is the wali of those who believe He takes them out of darkness towards light.Allah is muqallibal qulub(controllor of hearts)pray to Him.Do this exercise,whenever you see any blessing,like food,ground ,sky,water,your hands,feet,body etc and when you see people whom you love like your parents or kids etc,try to relate them with Allah,like think who created them and gave them to you without asking.Think of everything you see,hear,feel etc and relate it to Allah and then read Qur'an and reflect upon it and thank Allah for these wonderful gifts,He bestowed upon you.
A few videos which might help insha'Allah:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_a_YqcgJEA[/ame]

Sheikh Mohamed Hassan: Where is your heart?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAF0N1N9IfY[/ame]

May Allah keep our feet firm on iman.Ameen

Bubbybobble

Have you ever been in a dream and were so sure that you we're up until you were out of the dream?

You can't prove anything in life exists, so scientists are not the ultimate source of authority. For one, they are biased. It just takes one piece of "evidence" that causes so called facts irrelevant. Scientists, no matter were in time, are still scientists. Galileo is just as much of a scientist as Stephen Hawking. But time wasn't so kind to Galileo. And it won't be to Mr. Hawking.

That's why you always here 'scientific theory'. It's just a conjecture. Thing of the past 100 years. Heck 10 years and how we thought somethings would be and turned out to be different.....

They can't even decided if Pluto is a planet or not...

Sad.sad.

Wa 'alaikumassalam WaRahmatullah,
Welcome to the website,sister.There are such times in everyone's lives when we feel our hearts are hardened and become stones,but there are stones out of which water comes out,stones out of which rivers flow and stones that soften with Allah's fear.So do not worry have good hope in Allah and trust Him.Allah is the wali of those who believe He takes them out of darkness towards light.Allah is muqallibal qulub(controllor of hearts)pray to Him.Do this exercise,whenever you see any blessing,like food,ground ,sky,water,your hands,feet,body etc and when you see people whom you love like your parents or kids etc,try to relate them with Allah,like think who created them and gave them to you without asking.Think of everything you see,hear,feel etc and relate it to Allah and then read Qur'an and reflect upon it and thank Allah for these wonderful gifts,He bestowed upon you.
A few videos which might help insha'Allah:

May Allah keep our feet firm on iman.Ameen

Amin! Jazak Allahu Khair for such beautiful words!

@BosnianAusMuslim
I think that we are born to believe! in fact if we believe in nothing we lose all the kinds of hopes, and yes oxygen is important to breath but yet oxygen doesn't save your life, there are many people who suicide because of depression or other mental illness, and they suffer that because they have lost all kinds of hopes and believes not, so if our nature is to believe, who we should believe then? why are we born to believe? who decided it? well my answer is Allah!
tyou can find your proves even within your self, just take a look in your heart, be truthful, and insha'Allah then you will see the truth!
once I read a sentence like this: if you Know your self you will know God! I didn't understand this sentence when I used to read it but now I think I do!

belief is important in life but only if it is the right belief, if you belief in something wrong you won't be saved in this life and niether in the hereafter so.. this is a matter of fact... we must believe in God and Allah is the Only One!

Ask Allah to let you believe in him, to open your heart and to show you the way, make du'as especially during night, and insh'Allah Allah will guide you and insh'allah he will shine your heart! Remember that reason is never enough, there is a reason if we have emotions and feelings, I think true belief comes from the heart and only then it reaches the reason, when you reach such belief you see the world with the eyes of a true believer and everything is wonderful.. once I had such a belief, unlucky I made lots of mistakes and suddenly I found my self in darkness, now I repent and I cry to get back my iman..
today I feel better, but anyway I must increase more my iman... I hope you will find your iman.. Insh'Allah I will make dua for you! pls remember me in your dua's too (if you will make some, I hope you will)!

May Allah make us true believer and may he guide us from the darkness!

(ah, I wanted to apologize for my grammar-my english is really bad)!

Ayanle

let me flip the question on you brother
we know either allah exists or allah does not exist as allah cannot exist and not exist at the same time, that is impossible.
so the question is for you to prove their is no god.
pm me if you don't understand insha allah

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Islam is Easy!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wSt15tVDz8[/ame]

:bismillah:
Allah - there is no God except Allah(swt),
the Ever-Living , the Sustainer of [all] existence.
Neither drowsiness overtakes Allah(swt) nor sleep.
To Allah(swt) belongs whatever is in the heavens
and whatever is on the earth.
Who is it that can intercede with Allah(swt) except by Allah(swt) permission?
Allah(swt) knows what is [presently] before them and what will be after them, and they encompass not a thing of Allah(swt) knowledge except for what Allah swt wills.
Allah(swt) Kursi extends over the heavens and the earth, and their preservation tires Allah(swt) not.
And Allah(swt) is the Most High, the Most Great.

Holy qur'an surah Al Baqarah 2:255

Remembrance 20 Sifatullah (The nature of Allah swt)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gXmsHprPjU[/ame]

Masha'allah!
Allahu Akbar!!!

Islam is easy
why are you making it hard???

Now brother,
you better repent and Put A Stop on misleading thinking!!!
You better Don't lose faith
you know where one will land
for non believer-hell.

~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslims~Amin!

Take care,
~Wassalam