Lost friends and family

Julie1134

As'salamu alaikum,
I am sad tonight and I can not sleep. I am 31 years old and I have lost a childhood friend tonight. She was not able to accept my life as a Muslim. I tried to help her to understand only to get called all sorts of names by her and her husband even though I was being very nice to them.Her husband went as far as calling Muhammad(pbuh) a false prophet and a liar. Why do I loose so many family and friends since I became Muslim? I just do not understand I am at a loss for words.:shymuslima1:

I feel at home here at least this community understands me. I feel so strong in my Islam that even if the world falls around me I hang on to my faith.

-Marwan-

Waalaikumsalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh sister,

This is a test that is given to you by Allah SWT to see if you would give up your faith for your close friends but alhamdullilah your imaan is strong and it is better to stay away from these people because they cursed our noble prophet Muhammad (saw) and called you names which is unacceptable, this happens alot to reverts just stay strong sister this world is just temporarily

:wasalam:

alf2

Islam is a way of life
This happens with reverts. My best friend since we were 10 years old could not accept it either. So we had to part ways. Just focus on how many Muslim friends you will make! =)

In regards to your family, they will probably come around, be patient.

Julie1134

Thank you both so much. I feel much better now and I am going off to sleep. I forgot how lovely this site is and all my family here. May Allah bless you all for your kind words ameen. :hearts:

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Wa alaikumassalam warahmatullah,
Sister it is a test and a promise that come true for everyone who belives that they will be tested.In previous times propphets and those who believed were tested so much so that they were shook.So it's a promise of Allah coming ture:

And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient,[2:155]
Sister ,for a believer there is only good coming from these tests if they are patient,one brother told me about 10 or more reason how the afflictions are good for us and in fact a blessing,I remember a few 1) It purifies us 2)It increases our rank 3)It brings us closer to Allah

So be patient and seek help in patience and prayer.

strive-may-i

As'salamu alaikum,
I am sad tonight and I can not sleep. I am 31 years old and I have lost a childhood friend tonight. She was not able to accept my life as a Muslim. I tried to help her to understand only to get called all sorts of names by her and her husband even though I was being very nice to them.Her husband went as far as calling Muhammad(pbuh) a false prophet and a liar. Why do I loose so many family and friends since I became Muslim? I just do not understand I am at a loss for words.:shymuslima1:

I feel at home here at least this community understands me. I feel so strong in my Islam that even if the world falls around me I hang on to my faith.

:salam2:

Has happened, is happening, will continue to happen... Revert or not, rifts and separations happen, for reasons beyond our control. Don't blame yourself. You have not caused it. Continue being the one who helps when in need, without compromising your faith.
Your friends, they are right now in a smoke arising from their own thoughts. All that your faith has done to you is, made you a better person, A more polished gem. Preserve your self, let that certainity in Allah (Subhaaana wata-aala), become more stronger... Thats what you really need. Continue to be yourself. You will find and make better friends; who will be not just here (in Dunya), but also in Aakhira... Insha Allah. May not their hatred spread and destroy them; may the hatred die, in us believers too ... Ameen

Here is something for us, its not easy, but its doable... Insha Allah -

Narrated By Abu Huraira: A bedouin urinated in the mosque, and the people rushed to beat him. Allah's Apostle ordered them to leave him and pour a bucket or a tumbler (full) of water over the place where he has passed urine. The Prophet then said, " You have been sent to make things easy (for the people) and you have not been sent to make things difficult for them." [Al-Bukhari]

Narrated By Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri: A bedouin came to the Prophet:saw: and said, "O Allah's Apostle! Who is the best of mankind!" The Prophet said, "A man who strives for Allah's Cause with his life and property, and also a man who lives (all alone) in a mountain path among the mountain paths to worship his Lord and save the people from his evil." [Hadith 501, Vol 8, Book 76; Al-Bukhari]

Another Translation
The Prophet was asked about the best of all creatures. He said "It is the believer who Strives for the sake of Allah with his money and self." Then he was again asked: "And who else?". Muhammad:saw: replied: "The believer who worships his Lord in one of the mountain's passes doing harm to nobody.

Narrated By 'Aisha: A man asked permission to enter upon the Prophet. When the Prophet saw him, he said, "What an evil brother of his tribe! And what an evil son of his tribe!" When that man sat down, the Prophet behaved with him in a nice and polite manner and was completely at ease with him. When that person had left, 'Aisha said (to the Prophet). "O Allah's Apostle! When you saw that man, you said so-and-so about him, then you showed him a kind and polite behaviour, and you enjoyed his company?" Allah's Apostle said, "O 'Aisha! Have you ever seen me speaking a bad and dirty language? (Remember that) the worst people in Allah's sight on the Day of Resurrection will be those whom the people leave (undisturbed) to be away from their evil (deeds)." [Al-Bukhari]

Perseveranze

Asalaamu Alaikum,

The story of Mus'ab bin 'Umayr (Radiyallahu 'Anhu) comes to mind! You can read about it and other such stories here:

http://www.kalamullah.com/Books/Men%...r%20(PBUH).zip

Mus'ab bin 'Umayr grew up as a wealthy, spoiled youth who lived with his mother. His mother put him in shackles and locked him in a remote corner of the house after he had embraced Islam. He managed to escape and made hijrah to Abyssinia. Long story short, he went from a rich easy life, to a life of poverty. When he was martyred in the battle of Uhud, his garment wasn't even enough to cover his whole body.