Lost

arzafar

id also like to recommend a site. islamqa.com
if you have a question you can search over there. They have large database of questions. Also if you need a detailed explanation on something, you can write directly to them.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
As-salaamu'Alaykum,

Alhamdu'lillaah everyone has given excellent advices.

First, in relation to Mecca then the Question and Answer provides a brief history of al-Masjid al-Haraam (which touches on the importance as you will see from the answer, Insha'Allaah (Allah willing).

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/3748/

Second, you stated what is the importance of certain middle eastern countries. I think the question and answer should help in relation to Palestine (specifically al-Masjid al-Aqsa). In terms of other countries then the Prophet Muhammad :saw: mentioned the virtues of a couple of other places (I hope somebody can post those narrations, Insha'Allaah).

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/7726

I hope that answers part of your question.

Finally, here is the thread about Umar ibn al-Khattaab (I was unable to find it when searching the forum but it has probably already been posted before).

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78491

mehitora

IbnAdam, I have actually looked up Islamic centers close by, but all that I find is that the closest one is about an hour away. What is very interesting is that it is in the same town as the university that I go to. That should prove helpful.

arzafar, thank you. I will check it out.

ditta, yes, everyone does have great advice. They seem to be very great people too. Thank you. I really enjoy reading the threads you send me. They always prove helpful and always answer my questions.

I read that it takes many posts (somewhere between 30 and 50) before one is able to view other profiles and stuff like that. I have only made 20 posts, but I found out (quite by accident) that I can view profiles, edit my posts, and things like that. Interesting. Maybe I misread. How I found out. I was trying to go to this thread and accidentally click on my own name. Then I sat there for two minutes staring at the page trying to figure out what happened. Oh, me and my confusion. I amke myself laugh some times.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
IbnAdam, I have actually looked up Islamic centers close by, but all that I find is that the closest one is about an hour away. What is very interesting is that it is in the same town as the university that I go to. That should prove helpful.

arzafar, thank you. I will check it out.

ditta, yes, everyone does have great advice. They seem to be very great people too. Thank you. I really enjoy reading the threads you send me. They always prove helpful and always answer my questions.

I read that it takes many posts (somewhere between 30 and 50) before one is able to view other profiles and stuff like that. I have only made 20 posts, but I found out (quite by accident) that I can view profiles, edit my posts, and things like that. Interesting. Maybe I misread. How I found out. I was trying to go to this thread and accidentally click on my own name. Then I sat there for two minutes staring at the page trying to figure out what happened. Oh, me and my confusion. I amke myself laugh some times.

MashaAllah!! :biggrin:

fakhrul naim

assalamu'alaikum dear akhi and ukhti ( brothers and sisters )

alhmdulillah, im feel happy to see my family discuss a good thing.
may ALLAH give us blesss.. aminn..

dear sister mehi,

im haapy because u like "jilbab" ( hijab or scarf or cloth that covered u from head to your toes ).

i like to make a parable between people who wear the scarf and didn't wear the scarf.

first, we need to understand why islam want ask muslim to cover their part of body.

for women, the part need to covered is:

1)the entire body except the face and two hands.

2)Neck and her hair is in front of the male genitalia AJNABI (non-mahram) even if a piece.

In short, from head till toe except face and palms of the hands is shame that must be closed. It is based on the word of Almighty Allah.

same goes to 2 candy, one with covered and the other not covered. when both candies trowed into a dust. the covered one still have a good condition and still can eat. but what happen to another one? cannot be eaten because fully covered with dust.

Insya'ALLAH, MAY GOD BLESS US. amin..

mehitora

IbnAdam, lol, but I do not know what MashaAllah means. Can you please tell me?

naim, that is a very good analogy between women covering themselves and candy. It makes much sense. Thank you for sharing it with me. I am very grateful.

a_stranger

Peace for all
Dear Mehi , you are most welcome.....we are very happy to have you with us . I think that the most beautiful thing in Islam is that it teaches people who is their creator , what is his nobel attributes the most mercifull, loving , forgiving , nourishing, just.........etc . Then full their hearts with love and humility sincerity towards him and set a firm connection through daily prayes so that your soul never cut the ties to heavens.Most beautifull feelings of unlimited love and peace.

mehitora

Thank you for your kind welcome. I find that Islam and the Qur'an are both very beautiful. That the Muslims I have met so far are very kind. It has helped me to begin believeing that this is the right way, this is the truth, and after so many years of searching I have finally found what I am looking for.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
IbnAdam, lol, but I do not know what MashaAllah means. Can you please tell me?

Peace be upon you sister

MashaAllah literally means 'Whatever Allah (God) wills' or 'As how Allah (God) Willed'. It is often used in occasions where there is surprise in someones' good deeds or achievements. For example people say Mashallah when someone does very well in their exams.

If you need to find the meaning of any Islamic Phrase or Word you can easily find it here inshaAllah (yeah I am not afraid to use this word now because you already know what it is :)).

Peace be upon you. :)

mehitora

Yes, I have seen inshaAllah around quite a bit. Thank you for explaining mashaAllah. I will look at that link soon. Peace be upon you as well.

justoneofmillion

A warm welcome to you Mehitora.Insha'Allah(God Willing) you'll make new friends over here and share knowledge with everyone.By the way ,I find the Rabbit expression to be quite hilarious.:)

I see that the brothers and sisters have already given you some information ,go through it and never hesitate to ask questions and feel relaxed with it.

May Allah (Swt) make your path easier and grant you the tranquility and the sense of belonging that you are looking for.

Take care.

fakhrul naim

dear sister mehitora,

InshaALLAH with meaning, if ALLAH permits.

Let me story a little bit :). please enjoy my sister

When the Quraysh had run out of ways to stem the spread of
Muhammad's mission is expanding.So they sent a delegation to Yathrib and asked the
Jewish authorities and the truth about the nature of this new revelation. Jew

Yathrib is known to have similar beliefs about God Almighty,and Muhammad often refers to Moses, their prophet, therefore,they are very worthy of expression or even
suggested strategies.When asked about this new prophet, a rabbi suggested
so that the people of Mecca asked him about the three key questions
to find out if that Muhammad said is revelation or he is a liar.

The first question related to a story about a group of
youth are estranged from their families, who both Regarding
a great adventurer who reached the end of the world and the third
about the nature of the soul. Quraysh delegation returned with full confidence
that they now have a way to trap Muhammad. in
Mecca, they went to him and asking three questions above.
He immediately answered without a pause, "I will answer questions
you guys tomorrow. "

However, the next morning the Angel Gabriel did not appear. There is no revelation.
Gabriel also does not appear the next day, or for 14 days.The Quraysh clapped with joy as they finally managed to give the lie to those who claim to be prophets, who did not
able to answer questions of a rabbi. Muhammad himself afflicted sadness. As time passes, he doubts that re-aggravated by taunts his opponents. Two weeks later, he
receive a revelation and an explanation.

in Quran Surah 18: AL KAHF ( the cave ) verse 23 - 24

"nor say of anything, I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow"except by calling " InsyaALLAH"

"Without adding, so please ALLAH and call thy Lord to mind when thou forgettest, and say, I hope that my Lord will guide me ever closer (even) than this to the right road."

Once again rebuked revelation and teaching of the Prophet: HE reminded the Prophet
that status, knowledge, and his fate depends on his Rabb, Lord Almighty and Omnipotent, and he must not forget it them.

This is how we must understand the meaning of the phrase Insha Allah "= if God allowed ", he affirmed the human consciousness will limitations, feeling humble person who would do something to know that above all he was doing and say, ALLAH who has the power to make it happen.

i hope this will make u clear about phrase "inshaALLAH".

peace be upon u

mehitora

I don't know thank you in Arabic but I did find this on google translate....
شكرا جزيلا. Does anyone know if this translated correctly??

Thank you very much for the story, naim. It is very nice. I like it.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
I don't know thank you in Arabic but I did find this on google translate....
شكرا جزيلا. Does anyone know if this translated correctly??

Thank you very much for the story, naim. It is very nice. I like it.

Mehi,

Welcome to our forums. I hope that we will be able help you out and I truly believe that you'll find comfort and rest in Islam, like many, many do (as I did).

Thank you would be just Shukran or شكراً the second word in your google translation, jazeelan means 'very much'.

fakhrul naim

assalamualaikum.. akhi and ukhti ( brothers and sisters )

dear sister mehi,

yes, it will work.. syukran jazilan ( thank you very much ).

mehitora

I am glad then, naim. I have realized I like the sound of arabic being spoken. Especially when it's the Qur'an. It has a musical quality to it. Not trying to offend. What I mean is it sounds so beautiful to me. I could listen to it all day...if I was allowed to that is.

I was looking up hijabs online and saw some jilbabs. I thought they were really cool looking. They were like neat dresses.

fakhrul naim

alhamdulillah..

dear sister mehi,

yes, u can hear the recite of Al Quran, u also can try understand it.

AL-Quran is not for muslims only, its for all people in the world :)

in order to expand the religion.even in Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) read the Al-Quran for non-muslim. its show Al-Quran is not for muslims only.. its for all.. :)

even khalifah Umar al Khattab, before he converted to islam,he is the one who hated Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), but when he heared his sister recite Al-Quran, and he cried and said "it is a beautiful verses" with Lord power, Umar Al Khattab convert to islam and help Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) to embrace islam.

with this 2 story, it clearly explain that Al-Quran not for muslims only, its for all people. but please guard the sanctity of the Quran. :)

The Quran is both huda(guidance) and zikr(remembrance).

i hope its helps u a lot sister :)

peace be upon u

fakhrul naim

sorry for double posting here.

dear sister mehitora,

for hijab,it has been mentioned in the Quran:

"O Prophet! Say to your wifes and daughters and the women of the faithful to draw their outer garments ( jalabib ) close around them; that is better that they will be recognized and not annoyed. And God is ever Forgiving, Merciful" [al-Ahzab 33:59]

the word "they will be recognized and not annoyed", its show that's how Islam treats women.

:) i hope it will helps u dear sister.

mehitora

I was told that non-Muslims are not allowed to touch the Qur'an. Is this true? I have been listening to and reading versions of it online.

I actually read about Umar al Khattab. It was a very inspiring story.

I am not really sure how people around where I live treat women in hijab. I haven't seen any Muslim women who where it around where I live. It would be nice to meet a couple if they are here.