make me a fatty..

Cariad

hello, I want some lovely vegetarian recipes to help me put on weight. If anyone has some please post them on this thread.

I am fed up with cookery books I have and have almost exhausted the supply of Library books.. :rolleyes:

Thank you in advance.

Not too many cakes as I do not like much sweet stuff. ;)

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
You could start with pancakes:

Butternut Squash & Potato Pancakes

Serving Size : 20

2 cups butternut squash -- peeled and grated (1 lb. squash)
2 cups potato -- grated (about 2 medium)
1/2 cup red onion -- grated ( 1 medium)
1 tsp. salt
2 cloves garlic -- minced
1 tsp. dried sage
1/4 tsp. grated nutmeg
1 large egg -- beaten
3 Tbs. flour -- unbleached white
Salt and ground black pepper
Vegetable oil for frying

Place squash, potatoes and onion into a colander. Add 2 teaspoons salt, mix and let drain over sink, about 15 minutes. Press vegetables several times to extract water.

Transfer vegetables to a medium bowl. Add garlic, sage, nutmeg and egg and mix thoroughly. Add flour and season with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.

Heat about 1/8-inch oil in heavy-bottomed large skillet. Using a heaping tablespoon, drop pancakes into oil; press down with a spatula to flatten and ensure even cooking. Cook 1 to 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Remove to platter and keep warm. Cook remaining batter adding more oil to pan when necessary.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Or maybe some lasagna:

Spinach Lasagna Rolls

6-8 Lasagna noodles
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 box (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained
1 egg
1 jar pasta sauce
salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning

Combine cheeses, spinach, egg, and seasoning to taste in large bowl.

Lay noodle out on flat surface and spread with 1/6 of cheese/spinach mixture. Roll noodle jelly-roll style and place in 13x9 pan seam side down.

Repeat with remaining noodles.

Pour sauce over top.

Cover with foil and bake at 350 F for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Don´t forget pizzas! Pizzas are always good for you.

Sharp Cheddar, Artichoke and Red Onion Pizza

2 t butter
1 large red onion
1 pkg of ready to serve pizza crust
1/2 c marinated artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
3 T sliced drained roasted red bell peppers
1 c sharp cheddar
---
1. Heat oven to 400 F. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
Cook onion in butter 3-5 minutes, until crisp-tender.
2. Spread onion over pizza crust.
Top with artichoke hearts, peppers and cheese.
Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese melts.

Cariad

Thank you Sister Herb, I knew I could count on you for all things yummy. I will try the pancakes I really like the sound of them.

Pasta and Pizza I have been eating a lot. So far I only managed to put on 3 pounds weight over about 5 months. It's not enough. I have special "build up drinks" as a supplement... But really they are just nasty taste. :confused:

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
What about burgers?

Zippy Bean Burgers

1 cup Fiber One bran cereal
1 can (15 or 16 oz) spicy chili beans in sauce, undrained
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/4 cup chopped green onions (4 medium, use some of the green)
1egg, slightly beaten
1 1/4 cups washed fresh baby spinach leaves
5 slices tomato
5whole wheat burger buns, split

Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and crush with rolling pin or meat mallet (or crush in food processor).
In medium bowl, mash beans with fork until no whole beans remain. Add crushed cereal, oats, onions and egg; mix well. Shape mixture into 5 patties, each about 3 1/2 inches in diameter.
Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray. Add patties; cook over medium heat about 10 minutes, turning once, until brown.
For each sandwich, place 1/4 cup spinach leaves and 1 tomato slice on bottom half of bun; top with bean burger and top half of bun.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
I asked advices from my friend and she said: "I'm guessing that she might increase the things I've had to cut down on to LOSE weight, like full-fat dairy and carbs.

Cheeses, breads, potatoes, pasta, whole eggs, butter, mayonnaise .... so many of my favorites!"

Potato and Green Bean Salad with Mayonnaise

2 pounds red-skinned potatoes, scrubbed and cut in 1-inch pieces
1 1/2 to 2 cups green beans, steamed until tender* and cut in 1-inch lengths
1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
1 clove garlic, mashed and finely minced
2/3 cup mayonnaise, light or regular, or more, to taste
1 tablespoon dill relish
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dillweed
salt and pepper, to taste

Put potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain and let cool completely.

Transfer the cooled potatoes to a large bowl along with the steamed green beans, chopped onion, sliced celery, and garlic.

Lightly toss to blend. Stir in 2/3 cup mayonnaise, relish, lemon juice, the sour cream, dill, and salt and pepper, to taste.

If necessary, add a little more mayonnaise.

Serves 6 to 8.

Cariad

Yes, where I can bare I do choose full fat stuff. I rely on cheese mainly as milk and cream I do not like that much. Unless cooked in desert or cream in a cake now and again. Cheese omlet I have, having tried to eat healthy all my life, like low fat etc I now find I am having to break my habits and eat these foods. :) it seems strange and not easy to take to new tastes.

The potato and bean salad like that, and salad still makes it sound a healthy option. :)

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Spinach and Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms

1 package of large button "Stuffing Mushrooms"
1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
2/3 of an 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
3 cloves garlic, minced
white wine (Ooops, that´s not for Muslims!, substitute might be vegetable broth)
Ritz crackers
olive oil
butter
pine nuts, toasted
salt, pepper, Mrs. Dash, etc.

Separate the stems from the mushroom caps. Wipe caps and stems of any dirt.

Process the stems and garlic in a food chopper.

Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and saute the chopped mushroom stems and garlic until cooked and tender. Add a splash of white wime and cook till reduced.

Add clumps of cream cheese and stir till melted. Add the squeezed-dry spinach and mix in. Stir in about 10 finely crushed Ritz crackers, and 2 T. or so of toasted pine nuts. Season with your favorite seasonings.

Fill each mushroom cap with the mixture. Top each with a few more crushed Ritz crackers.

Melt half a stick of butter. Pour half of the melted butter on a foiled cookie sheet, reserving the other butter.

Roll each stuffed mushroom cap in the butter on the cookie sheet. Drizzle the rest of the melted butter over the tops of the mushrooms.

Bake mushrooms in a 375 oven for 40 minutes.

8mbQ0a7.jpg

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Eggplant Parmigiana with gnocchi

For 4 people

1 medium eggplant: peeled, sliced, floured, egg washed, breadcrumbs, oil for frying
4c 'Red Gravy', (marinara)*
1/3 C grated romano cheese
1C grated mozzarella
* Note: http://www.food.com/recipe/authentic-italian-american-marinara-sauce-red-gravy-313788

Prepare the eggplant

SummerNewOrleans2011064.jpg

SummerNewOrleans2011065.jpg

SummerNewOrleans2011066.jpg

After peeling and slicing, dredge in flour

SummerNewOrleans2011067.jpg

Dip in egg wash and then breadcrumbs

SummerNewOrleans2011068.jpg

Fry till golden

SummerNewOrleans2011069.jpg

Place some 'Red Gravy' in the bottom of a casserole, layer eggplant slices with shredded mozzarella. Top with mozzarella. Bake 350 for 35 minutes

SummerNewOrleans2011070.jpg

SummerNewOrleans2011072.jpg

Saute cooked gnocchi in remaining Red Gravy. Top with grated romano.

SummerNewOrleans2011074.jpg

SummerNewOrleans2011075.jpg

Cariad

Eggplant Parmigiana with gnocchi

For 4 people

1 medium eggplant: peeled, sliced, floured, egg washed, breadcrumbs, oil for frying
4c 'Red Gravy', (marinara)*
1/3 C grated romano cheese
1C grated mozzarella
* Note: http://www.food.com/recipe/authentic-italian-american-marinara-sauce-red-gravy-313788

Prepare the eggplant

SummerNewOrleans2011064.jpg

SummerNewOrleans2011065.jpg

SummerNewOrleans2011066.jpg

After peeling and slicing, dredge in flour

SummerNewOrleans2011067.jpg

Dip in egg wash and then breadcrumbs

SummerNewOrleans2011068.jpg

Fry till golden

SummerNewOrleans2011069.jpg

Place some 'Red Gravy' in the bottom of a casserole, layer eggplant slices with shredded mozzarella. Top with mozzarella. Bake 350 for 35 minutes

SummerNewOrleans2011070.jpg

SummerNewOrleans2011072.jpg

Saute cooked gnocchi in remaining Red Gravy. Top with grated romano.

SummerNewOrleans2011074.jpg

SummerNewOrleans2011075.jpg
This looks delicious. I will definitely be having this for dinner soon . :)

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
^Yep, it looks yummy. Just same if someone needs to get or lose some weight, it still looks like "I need this now!".

:p