Make me a muslim!

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Assalam aleikum,

Anyone saw this awful program tonight? It's called make me a muslim..awful,awful,awful..Anyway, it's back on tomorrow night :(

MubarekMuslimah

Salaams sis

yeah I saw it.....subhanallah there so much I could say on it...they chose some of the 'worst' people to 'become' Muslim - in other words I highly doubt if these people will be able to overcome any of their views about Muslims and also...they have chosen people I dont believe to be reflective of the average English person at all but the 'extremes' in society of people who live lives that oppose Islam massively, more than the average non-muslim in Britain.....and as for the 'lapsed' Muslim.....ooh astrifrugallah....I dont think I better watch it tomorrow!

Wasalaams

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
free publicity

however I did not quite like the idea .... I think that to start practicing Islam without having faith is to hold the wrong end of the stick .... I did not watch it though

MubarekMuslimah

free publicity
I think that to start practicing Islam without having faith is to hold the wrong end of the stick ....

Salaams

I agree - how can someone get to grips with covering up and praying 5 times a day unless they understand and believe in the Creator and the reason He created us? One guy on the programme said he had 'better things to do' and he thought that as long as you believe, thats all you had to do and you could do whatever you want if you just believe...but it showed he had not understood the reason we were created or why we should do as instructed by Allah swt.

I wouldnt recommend the programme to be honest - I think that it is attempting to show Islam and Muslims to be even more extreme and at odds with the rest of society and intolerant than we really are.....and it treats Islam like some kind of fad or social experiment or fashion.....I didnt see anyone explaining our creation or the existence of Allah swt....

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
This programme annoyed me after 5 minutes! They really did pick some narrow minded individuals! That blonde lady kept going on about Sharia law (and could someobody please instruct the commentator how to pronounce Sharia!) and how muslims wanted to take over the UK. Well thats so annoying...and then she would not let this poor guy explain what Sharia was and how muslims choose to live by it, not that they are laws set by government!

They didn't turn up for Jummah prayers. That stripper peed me off. Did they really have to show her posing and doing her 'job'. As for her whining about wearing hijab....'it makes me claustraphobic'. Well it will as Dawn (English revert) was probaby trying hard not to strangle her with it!

Phil is a man who doesn't get the point of prayer. 'When you wake up every day God knows you believe in Him' he said. 'So why do they have to pray 5 times a day'. Aargh. Phil's mission in life is to rotate between the pub and his boudoir to look at his sleazy pic on the wall.

However its channel 4 who have annoyed me the most. Couldn't they have made the programme more seriously? The BBC did a lovely programme at the beginning of this year where some people went to an Islamic retreat...and a lady took ker shahadah there. It inspired me to convert...but this programme. its Islam lite. Its not serious, the producers seem more intent on winding up the people taking part.

Its a shame. But I will continue watching it if only to get pleasure from screaming at the telly.

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
Walikumasalam, the program was totally crazy!
I forgot the womans name, but the one who is Ash's girlfriend.
But she's trying to become Muslim just for Ash's family to accept her.
But people should become Muslim for Allah, to find Islam the truth in thier hearts.
Those who displease Allah to please the creation, gain displeasure of the creation aswell as the displeasure of Allah.
The gay guy didn't get the point of dressing like a man.
But do you know when he asked the imaan's clothes looked like woman was offensive. But then again can I ask the reason why panjabi does look similar to salwar kamez?
I don't wish to sound arrogant but someone please remove my confusion. Inshallah.

naaad

mu'minah
Salaam,
wat program are u pple talking about? pls inform me the channel name & time.
b4 that advise me- should i really watch it or not?

saira1984

Trust in Allah swt
Salaam naaad,
Its a programme on in uk on channel 4 i think its on again tom and the following day.. haven't seen but may take a look tom dnt think its guna be all that tho :hijabi:
Saira

arabiantxn

The program is called Make Me a Muslim its aired on British channel 4
Here is a link I found. btw it is funny the way immam said god created adam and eve not Adam and Steve! Also the part where the gay guy was enjoying the game for all the wrong reasons lol.

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression
This show is stupid. I wouldn't be surprised if MTV created a reality T.V show about Islam influenced by this show, "Real World: Islam". People are losing the touch with the true meaning of Islam.

:wasalam:

sueannes2000

I do like my head, but...

Good ole Rosheen just helps to confirm our worst fears about your political movement.

Well it will as Dawn (English revert) was probaby trying hard not to strangle her with it!

...Phil's mission in life is to rotate between the pub and his boudoir to look at his sleazy pic on the wall.

...I will continue watching it if only to get pleasure from screaming at the telly.

Regarding the stripper's notion that the hijab made her claustrophobic, Rosheen reminds us that many muslims want to kill women who don't subscribe to their ideology.

And then, as for Phil, this new fanatic can't live and let live, but has to sit in judgment. This notion that Moslems are right and everybody else in the world a precondition (not sufficient, but necessary) for Islam's greatest contribution to the western world in the last 100 years, the car bomb.

Yelling at the telly? I'd propose that Rasheen consult her local chemist, or take some anger mangement classes.

Finally, I wonder if the BBC will provide bodyguards to these poor folks? We all know that Islam is a lot like the mafia: once you're in, we'll kill you before we let you out.

Ibn_hassan

Servant of Allah
We must be all aware of the channel 4 as it is Anti-islamic channel that have showed enmity and some undercover programs in a number of mosques before

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
Good ole Rosheen just helps to confirm our worst fears about your political movement.

Regarding the stripper's notion that the hijab made her claustrophobic, Rosheen reminds us that many muslims want to kill women who don't subscribe to their ideology.

And then, as for Phil, this new fanatic can't live and let live, but has to sit in judgment. This notion that Moslems are right and everybody else in the world a precondition (not sufficient, but necessary) for Islam's greatest contribution to the western world in the last 100 years, the car bomb.

Yelling at the telly? I'd propose that Rasheen consult her local chemist, or take some anger mangement classes.

Finally, I wonder if the BBC will provide bodyguards to these poor folks? We all know that Islam is a lot like the mafia: once you're in, we'll kill you before we let you out.

You so crack me up! I think you have really twisted my words just to justify you slandering Islam. I am no fanatic.....but looks like whilst you were so quick to have a go at me for judging people you totally looked over the fact that you are judging ME! If you want to take on the 'holier than thou' hat at least make sure it fits before you wear it!

Phil is sad all he does is drink and watch *!*!*!*! so forgive me for finding that pathetic.

Kill women? Are you having a laugh? Islam is a peaceful religion.....the word strangle was used in jest. The lady was being silly and saying she felt claustraphobic.

And re: the car bomb, the IRA have been using them since the 60's in the UK, but oh yeah Islam is the bad guy at the moment. So the car bomb now has a middle eastern influence. Yeah pity me and my mum (she is from northern Ireland) we both have to be accused of being car bombers.

Maybe i will go to the chemist....if only to get something to calm me down from YOUR stupid comments. :astag:

chaandani

Goofy Member
Wait, wait, hold on a minute there.

They actually created a show...a reality show...about converting people to Islam? And they honestly think this is appropiate? WOW. That's all I can say.

There's a show in the states called "Aliens in America" about a young Pakistani Muslim boy (named Raja...) who goes to school in a white community. At least from what I have seen of that show, most things seemed to be depicted right because from what I've heard, the kid that plays Raja is actually Muslim (and from the UK). This one is just meant to be funny by showing Raja's first-ever encounter with Western culture and the Western cultures first-ever encounter "with a full blown Muslim".

But a reality TV show???? You've got to be kidding me. That's taking it way too far. Kind of makes me mad.

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
I guess some people will only believe what will re-enforce their established opinions. They are not prepared to look critically at what they believe in. This is called "invincible ignorance" ... and indeed, you cant defeat it.

I'd like to thank sue for taking the time to insult us and actually demonstrate how confused and misinformed her opinions are. I'd have laughed if it was not a truely serious matter.

Just a comment about "car bombs" ... well, why stop there ? The whole concept of killing civilians for political & military ends is a Western/Christian one. Go read the Torah. Check out the history of WWI & WWII. Hiroshima, the Holocaust .. etc. The sacking of the Americas and the millions that were killed in the process. The use of depleted uranium on millions on Iraqis with ever-lasting consequences. The collective punishment of "sanctions". The "smart" 1/2 ton bombs ... need I go on ?

But hang on, lets not talk about politics. We can argue for ever over some pitty politics and we will never agree on anything ... lets go back to the basics.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but if all you worry about is some vulgar life style that only depends on ever-increasing doses of temporary sensual pleasures then your life is truely, utterly, and completely pathetic. Wake up ! and start asking yourself some basic questions about why you are here and what is your rule in life and where did you come from. Stop listening to the media for 48 hours and just think about these questions. Only then we may have some meaningful conversation.

Yours, a muslim

sueannes2000

OK, credit where credit is due. I apologize to Rosheen if I misunderstood your position; you'll forgive that my nerves are frayed over incidents like the recent murder of that poor Canadian girl by her own father.
And as for IRA, that's well put. And what they did was just as evil. And I think the civil authorities should track the dogs down and eliminate that threat--which might sound bloodthirsty, but as a non-moslem I make a strong distinction between church/mosque and state, and am perfectly comfortable with the bloodlust that is (and should be) forbidden to me individually.
But finally, everyone--christians, atheists, muslims, jews--must stop trying to impose their lifestyle forcefully on everyone else. If someone wants to live a shallow, meaningless life that's their right, provided they don't end up harming anyone else. So give the druggie a break

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
OK, credit where credit is due. I apologize to Rosheen if I misunderstood your position; you'll forgive that my nerves are frayed over incidents like the recent murder of that poor Canadian girl by her own father.

and do you think we are all pleased with that ? It is clearly a tragic story. All Islamic organisations in Canada condemned the incident. I personally think that we do not know enough about the case. The dad phoned the police himself to say "I killed my daughter". It looks more like a domestic argument that ended up tragically rather than "killed her for not putting on hijab" which makes it look rather deliberate. Demostic arguments for all sorts of reasons can have similar ends ... so really to blame hijab is deceptive simplification of the issues at hand.

Now .. would you -in turn- execuse our nerves due to the killing of our brothers, sisters, mothers and children on a daily basis as "collateral damage" for some politico-economic agenda of the "civilised" West ? I doubt it.

And as for IRA, that's well put. And what they did was just as evil. And I think the civil authorities should track the dogs down and eliminate that threat--which might sound bloodthirsty, but as a non-moslem I make a strong distinction between church/mosque and state, and am perfectly comfortable with the bloodlust that is (and should be) forbidden to me individually.

But finally, everyone--christians, atheists, muslims, jews--must stop trying to impose their lifestyle forcefully on everyone else. If someone wants to live a shallow, meaningless life that's their right, provided they don't end up harming anyone else. So give the druggie a break

your logic contains so many contradictions and inconsistencies that I'm not going to start on about it ...

Dear Sue, an honest advice and I'm being very sincere in telling you so. Stop listening to the media for only two days and just think for yourself without letting TV/radio/news papers setting your thinking and interest agenda. Give sometime to the big questions in life. There is a question in the life of everyone of us that we will never be at peace until we have a satisfactory answer to.

Can I ask you, as an atheist, what exactly is your evidence on the NON-existence of God ?

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2: to my brothers and sisters,

First of all, I've not seen this show, but I do not appreciate the ideas behind it.

However, on tti we've all got to make sure we keep to the limits when interacting with each other. Both us as muslims and non-muslims. :) Please dont get angry and call names, or write something in anger you may regret, our Ummah is to be a role model, we've got to do our duty thus to the slightest right? And for non-Muslims, I ask you out of respect to our terms to not singlehandly degrade our members nor put them down in any form. This is not fair to them nor anyone else. It is one thing to discuss or ask about points you are not sure about, and quite another to come in judging and putting people down. I am sure you understand. We do not want our atmosphere to be one of argumentation and dispute.

I do not quite see what you are talking about. There's a difference between Islaam and "Muslims" and I encourage you to look into Islaam and it's foundations. As in Islaam, clearly in the Qur'aan it says, "There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right (Path of) Guidance has become distinct from the wrong path. Whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break. And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower." [2:177]

And: "And say: "The truth is from your Lord." Then whosoever wills, let him believe, and whosoever wills, let him disbelieve..." [18:27] ((As one's believing or not believing does not benefit or harm the Creator of the universe in any way. One's belief is for one's own benefit.))

This is in regards to religion, and as for lifestyle, you must realize that a lot of Islaam has to do with lifestyle, and it's an all-encompassing religion. In these aspects non-muslims are not forced to do anything. We do not make them fast, pray, give charity, wear hijaab etc.

Now then if you differenciate that and take what we place as simply "morals" or "ethics" and that can be placed on all humanity can it not? As we expect that much of all people. Right now if someone killed your mother, would you condemning that fact make you forcing your lifestlye on another as sure, why not, it can be considered perfectly fine by some serial killer standards? To a lesser degree, to put down and call against drugs, alcohol, and the many other ills of society, is that wrong regardless of religion? Is it not a crime against all of humanity for it to continue? Do we just overlook it and leave it as "things that happen" and "peoples' lifestyles"??

Truly, they are NOT Muslim, but that does not mean we do not say that they are doing something wrong, pointless, pathetic, regardless of what religion they may follow...

This is how I see it. I'm not sure if it makes sense.