Making Dua

Dr.Khan

:salam2:

When making Dua, can you ask Allah for a good height, good looks etc etc? or are these materialistic desires that you cannot/shouldn't ask Allah for?

Maryam Zainab

Proud to be a Muslim
:wasalam: brother,

There is no restrictions for asking good for this world and for the hereafter from Allah (SWT).

"And when ye have completed your devotions, then remember Allah as ye remember your fathers or with a more lively remembrance. But of mankind is he who saith: "Our Lord! Give unto us in the world," and he hath no portion in the Hereafter.

And there are men who say: "Our Lord! Give us good in this world and good in the Hereafter, and defend us from the torment of the Fire!"

For them there is in store a goodly portion out of that which they have earned. Allah is swift at reckoning" (Holy Qur'an 2: 200-202)

Don't hesitate to ask from Allah for GOOD THINGS.

Also when we look at the mirror, we ask from Allah(SWT)
اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ حَسَّنْتَ خَلْقِي فَحَسِّنْ خُلُقِي
"O Allah, just as You have made my external features beautiful, make my character beautiful as well".

Latifabonu

Alhamdulillah
:wasalam: brother,

There is no restrictions for asking good for this world and for the hereafter from Allah (SWT).

"And when ye have completed your devotions, then remember Allah as ye remember your fathers or with a more lively remembrance. But of mankind is he who saith: "Our Lord! Give unto us in the world," and he hath no portion in the Hereafter.

And there are men who say: "Our Lord! Give us good in this world and good in the Hereafter, and defend us from the torment of the Fire!"

For them there is in store a goodly portion out of that which they have earned. Allah is swift at reckoning" (Holy Qur'an 2: 200-202)

Don't hesitate to ask from Allah for GOOD THINGS.

Also when we look at the mirror, we ask from Allah(SWT)
اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ حَسَّنْتَ خَلْقِي فَحَسِّنْ خُلُقِي
"O Allah, just as You have made my external features beautiful, make my character beautiful as well".

Jazakullahu khayr my dear sister MaY Allah bless u Ameen!!!!!:tti_sister:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

no brother, its perfectly alright to ask Allah for these things. dont we ask Allah for health, job, marriage, etc. so whts wrong when asking for good height?

it shows that we believe that He is All-Powerful and we are needy of Him.

"Ask Allah for everything, even if it is only a shoe-lace, because if Allah does not make it easy, then it will not be possible."[at-Tirmidhi]

Dr.Khan

JazakAllahu khair everyone for the replies
I had another question.. you know how people recite Allah's names at certain times, for a certain number of times etc for benefits, is it permissible to do that or would it fall under Bidah (innovation)

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
I had another question.. you know how people recite Allah's names at certain times, for a certain number of times etc for benefits, is it permissible to do that or would it fall under Bidah (innovation)

:salam2:,

we do not have any report that prophet :saw: or sahaba did any of this.

to be on safe side, i avoid it.

Maryam Zainab

Proud to be a Muslim

:salam2: brother,

As brother mentioned, there is no evidence in the prophetic tradition to mention the name of Allah certain number of times.

For example what is the use of just mentioning " Ya Rahman" for 100 times?. If you say Ya Rahman grant me your mercy that is fine. It is a way of supplication!. Mentioning the nobel names of Allah (SWT) and doing supplication is recommended.