Making wudu without innvations

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamu Aleykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaathuh brothers and sisters.

As I recall about the "weak hadith" (<whether it really is a Hadith or not), it does NOT say anything about wiping the NECK, it talks about wiping the NAPE. And for ALL THOSE PEOPLE who can't sacrifice 4 seconds of their time to search up the word "nape" on Google or Wikipedia, the nape reffers to the back of the neck (and not the entire neck, which some people are misunderstanding).

There are two opinions:

1.) Wiping the nape is Sunnah

2.) Wiping the neck/nape is Bidah

Bottom line:

The people who beleive that wiping the nape is Sunnah have their evidence, reference, their Masha'ikh, and Fuqahaa who beleive that wiping the NAPE (back of the neck) is SUNNAH (and not Wajib/Fardh, so if someone does NOT wipe the back of their neck, their Wudhu would STILL BE VALID), so there's no reason for people to start fighting over minor Fiqh issues instead of (verbally and intellectually) fighting those Kuffar who constantly attack, insult, and mock Allah (SWT), Islam, and the Anbiya (ASWS).

Note: This post is a response to people who constantly bicker and fight via YouTube and was not directed to anyone on TTI.

nawab.irshad

wudoo

i am confused...some say that you have to wash the entire jawbone in whudoo.and some say you have to wash along the bone leveled with the ear.but the jawbone extends beyond this level.please clear my doubts.and also.....do i have to wash under my lobes when washing my face since i have hanging ear lobes ?

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Would you be able to verify (from the person who taught you) as to which scholar/madh-hab made it a condition for a quarter of your head to be wet?

What is required with regards to wiping over the head is that wet 'hands' are used to 'wipe' over the head ONCE.

:salam2: Brother...
If I had contact with all the teachers that taught me as a child, I would be having a mass sit down and wiping over the head wouldnt be the first question i would ask!!
Aside from this - I would assume it would be the Hanafi Madhab because that what we were primarily taught.
Not sure, I will find out more.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Assalamu Aleykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaathuh brothers and sisters.

As I recall about the "weak hadith" (<whether it really is a Hadith or not), it does NOT say anything about wiping the NECK, it talks about wiping the NAPE. And for ALL THOSE PEOPLE who can't sacrifice 4 seconds of their time to search up the word "nape" on Google or Wikipedia, the nape reffers to the back of the neck (and not the entire neck, which some people are misunderstanding).

There are two opinions:

1.) Wiping the nape is Sunnah

2.) Wiping the neck/nape is Bidah

Bottom line:

The people who beleive that wiping the nape is Sunnah have their evidence, reference, their Masha'ikh, and Fuqahaa who beleive that wiping the NAPE (back of the neck) is SUNNAH (and not Wajib/Fardh, so if someone does NOT wipe the back of their neck, their Wudhu would STILL BE VALID), so there's no reason for people to start fighting over minor Fiqh issues instead of (verbally and intellectually) fighting those Kuffar who constantly attack, insult, and mock Allah (SWT), Islam, and the Anbiya (ASWS).

Note: This post is a response to people who constantly bicker and fight via YouTube and was not directed to anyone on TTI.

Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

JazaakAllaahu khayraa for your input.

I would like to point out that not every little difference of opinion amongst the scholars has to be brought forth and presented to the people and make it hard for them.

The wiping of the Raqabah (nape) is something that has been disputed amongst the scholars of the Hanafi madh-hab itself. There is nothing authentic regarding it. What is important is, we should refer back to the Salaf. And a valid difference of opinion amongst them is something we should take into consideration.