Malaysian woman, 107, fears hubby No. 22 will leave her

IslamIsTheFuture

알라후 아크바르-Allah Akbar
Malaysian woman, 107, fears hubby No. 22 will leave her

Story Highlights

107-year-old Malaysian woman fears husband will leave her for younger woman
Wok Kundor married to her husband, a man 70 years her junior, for four years
Malaysian media says Wok has been married 22 times

(CNN) -- Afraid that her husband will leave her for a younger woman, a 107-year-old Malaysian woman is looking to marry again -- for the 23rd time.

Wok Kundor has been happily married for four years to her husband, a man 70 years her junior.

But since he left their village in northern Terengganu state for a drug rehabilitation program in the capital, Kuala Lumpur, Wok has had a gnawing feeling.

"She said that she has been feeling insecure lately and she needs to find out whether he still loves her or not," said R.S.N. Murali, a reporter for The Star. The English-language Malaysian daily was among several local media outlets reporting on the lifelong romantic.

"She is worried he might not come back after his program and find himself a younger wife," Murali said.

If so, Wok has her eyes set on a 50-year-old man, but hopes it does not come to that.

"I realize that I am an aged woman. I don't have the body nor am I a young woman who can attract anyone," she told the newspaper.

"My intention to remarry is to fill my forlornness," particularly during the Muslim month of fasting, Ramadan, she said.

Malaysian media, which has previously reported on the woman, said Wok has been married 22 times. That would make her marriages last an average of four years.

Wok would not discuss past relationships, Murali said.

"Some of her better halves have passed away or have divorced, but she doesn't want to talk about them or her children," he said.

Wok and her current husband, Mohammed Boor Che Musa, hail from the same village and met there.

Muhammad, 37, was quoted in an earlier report as saying the couple fell for each other because it was "God's will."

On Monday, he told The Star that he is still very much in love with his wife and cannot dream of life with someone else.

But Wok wants to hear him say it, Murali said.

Soon, the centenarian plans to make the journey to Kuala Lumpur -- if she can find a neighbor to drive her there.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/09/15/malaysia.old.bride/index.html

Wow am just suprised to hear this.. Is this right for a muslim woman to marry more then 22 times?

revert2007

Love Fishing
well i didnt read that she married to 22 men one shot but she married 22 times.it means either her husbands died or she get divorced.as long as she is single,she can marry no matter how many times she wants.so what is the problem here?by the way,why are we so interested in other peoples affair and judge people so quickly?are we too good to judge others?this is not a gossip forum.

salam alaykum

like i have to say whats the point of this story?.....it doesnt make any news when angelina jolie married some director who was older than her grandfather

q8penpals

Salam

I say, GO GRANNY! LOL! Seriously, at 107, she probably DID outlive a bunch of the 22 husbands! And why shouldn't she be happy and married!

Thanks for posting this - I actually got a pretty good chuckle out of this!

I imagine this lady being a real spit-fire! My great-aunt is turning 95 next month (insha'Allah!) and she lives alone, does all her own cooking and cleaning, and still goes out with her friends a couple days a week!

Ya gotta love the grannies with spirit!

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
The media controlled by non-Muslim and hypocrites are very fond about highlighting this kind issues. Recently one muslim lady was caught drinking in the pub, she admitted doing so and accepted the shariah court's order to be whip 6 times (it should be at least 40 times nevertheless it is good start in Malaysia). This repentive lady requested the caning be done publicly as a lesson to others, her father also requested her to be cane publicly. Unfortunately the media made the story look as though the court was unfair, she should be given a second chance. Women NGO and politicians also got involved, they demanded the caning be put off. Finally this lady via her lawyer send a notice to everybody (NGO, politicians and those interested parties) not to be busy body. Her lawyer released a very stern reminder anyone try to politicise this including the media she will not hesitate to sue them. And she stand firm the caning be done publicly.