Man taught highschool for 17 years without knowing how to read, write or spell

soeurette

Here's the problem literacy is technically defined as being able to read and write, but literacy can also mean understanding. I don't doubt he wasn't able to understand what was going on, but its virtually impossible to move upwards in any situation without being able to have basic reading skills, he says he taught visually well how was he able to put together these presentations w/o being able to read instructions or searches it just doesn't add up and i'm not completely surprised that the news wouldn't have picked that up

"I couldn't read words but I could read the system and I could read people," adds Corcoran.

Salaam,

That's bananas how he got away with it for so long. :lol:

This reminds of Donald Trumps "The Apprentice" show - where people with lower education were making more $$ than people with higher education. It's good to be book smart and street smart.

warda A

Sister
higher education

Salaam,

That's bananas how he got away with it for so long. :lol:

This reminds of Donald Trumps "The Apprentice" show - where people with lower education were making more $$ than people with higher education. It's good to be book smart and street smart.

:salam2:

People with higher education does not neccesarily mean they are smart.
Look at the worlds wealthiest people, most do not have a college degree(university) they have good sense and imagination plus big dreams.
e.g Bill Gates
:wasalam:

Salaam,

Yes, there are exceptions to the rule and only a few people can get away with it. Generally, it is better to obtain a college degree. There is a positive correlation between a college degree and how successful you'll be.

It's encouraged to obtain the highest education at the best possible schools.

najbc

Wa aleikum salaam,

Wow...but he doesn't really deserve any credit cos of his cheating..

Hey hold on that is not fair it is not his fault, the school system is at fault here. I respect and understand he did what he had to do and everyone should respect that and accept him for. Some times in live you have to do things to survive. you have to do what you have to do!

al-muslimah

I found this funny guys!!! how come he teached for 17 yrs and nobody knew about him?!!!! Come on its "17 years".. it is a long time!!! thats strange havn't any of his students noticed..lol
Sure this is CRAZY STUFF!!

sal12

I found this funny guys!!! how come he teached for 17 yrs and nobody knew about him?!!!! Come on its "17 years".. it is a long time!!! thats strange havn't any of his students noticed..lol
Sure this is CRAZY STUFF!!

Yeh i agree! He may not have been able to read or write but that doesn't mean he was dumb. Clearly he wasn't! He was smarter than those around him who could read coz he fooled them all! ha! But how did he mark the students' work and assignments and stuff?? There was this one guy in France who had a masters or some sort of high qualification in English literature and he hated reading books. He said he never read a book in his life and he was also a lecturer at a university and even the books he was teaching to his students, he never read them! lol! Its a crazy ol' world!

dianne

Salam,
welcome to tti family,the most beautiful knowledge of islam website on earth.hehehe
enjoy your stay,hope to hear from u more often.

wassalam

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
ok...my opinion...thank god he got away with something like this for so long...

i mean...i wouldnt have wanted to him to be stealing money or doing something unbelievable...or u noe...

people always need another chance..cuz one day..i hope i get another chance if i mess up big.

lates yall