Masjid was full for Fajr - I hated it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
Asalaamu Alaikkum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

I ask Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala for forgiveness as what I am about to write could be considered as judgemental, only Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala can judge and He is the best of Judges.

Maa Shaa Allah the masjid was full for the Fajr prayer on the first day of Ramadan, something stirred within me and I started to hate the people for coming. This is because on a 'normal' day there were ever only two lines of believers, even up to the Fajr prayer yesterday. Then all of a sudden the masjid was full of people who would otherwise never see the inside of a masjid. These same people will come early for the Maghrib prayer because there is free food on offer.

Alhamdulilah I was able to recognise the 'regular' people among the throng of this morning.

May Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala forgive me for feeling this way and I ask my brothers and sisters to also forgive me for the negativity of this thread. May we all be present at the masjid for Laylatul Qader, a night which is better than one thousand months. Ameen.

Ummah123

Walaykum Assalam,

We should always try to make excuses for our brothers. Maybe those people who don't usually come live far from the Masjid, so on normal days it is harder for them to come? Also remember that there are many people who don't pray at all, let alone go to the masjid, even during Ramadan. So at least those brothers are coming to the Masjid and making an extra effort, and obviously the best month to do that is Ramadan. We should focus on our own shortcomings, so that we don't even realize the others.

Also Allah is Ar-Rahman and Ar-Raheem, even if we neglect him most of the time, he is still there for us when we want to return to him. So all those people who only go to the Masjid at Ramadan, if Allah allows them to do so, who are we to judge? No matter how bad we are, if we return to Allah, he will accept it. So the fact that all these people are returning to Allah during ramadan, should be a happy moment, it should make us have hope in them, not hate them.

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
Salaam brother

Maa Shaa Allah I hear what you say. I live in UAE and there is a masjid like very 10 yards, these people I'm talking about is the people who live around the masjid.

Mods, may be this thread needs to be closed as it may not be appropriate for Ramadan.

Nureyni Amir

Asalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh, Ramadan Mubarak brothers. What brother Abu Loren said is true and what brother Ummah123 is haqq, However, something we all should take in charge of is looking through ways of totally attracting those people to also come daily. We have to also consider, at least in my opinion that most people including myself are overcome by the trap of sheytan. So, that the cursed has been chained now, it is a bit easier for many people to overcome the waswas and trap of the little shayatins, Wanauthubillah and strive on the way of Allah swa. May Allah Almight aid us at all times and bestow upon us the mercy, forgiveness and freedom from hellfire.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
:bismillah1:
:salam:
wa alaikum asalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.

I understand the sentiments of the original post. Masjids do become very busy, and the manners of the people may not be as we would like (more mobile phones, pushing, loud voices). But we do have to go past such thoughts.

As pointed out in the replies, the people who come, at least they are making the effort now. Among them can be someone who makes a sincere tawbah, someone who now begins to join the two rows the rest of the year. Is it not worth it for the one person whose deeds become pure?

We should remember these people are our brothers and sisters too. We should pray for them to have Hidaya. (Guidance). We should extend the salaam to them as we would anyone else. And do they not give us the opportunity to soften our hearts?

I am already repeating what was replied. I think others will be motivated to do the same. For that reason, I shall go ahead and close the thread as requested. It can be opened after Ramadan if that would be beneficial. In shaa Allah.

BarakAllah feekum

SonOfAdam

Staff member
Ramadan Muslims. :muslima1: I admit that I also do a lot more ibada during Ramadan and go to the mosque more than usual in this month. Don't hate me brother. :) May Allah strengthen the Ummah and make all the mesjids overflow year round. You should be happy for these brothers and sisters that came, not hate!!! Come on akhi. :) Make excuses for your brothers. Maybe they cannot come due to family, work, was was of shaitan. At least they are coming to the mesjid, so much better than a lot of the Ummah out there that don't even fast.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Think about a few points:

- You don't know the condition of the hearts of all those people who are present.
- You should be sincerely wishing Khayr for them, shaytaan is chained in this month, the one who makes them lazy and overpowers them all the other days is chained up - it makes sense for them to be there doesn't it?
- This is the Ummah of Muhammad (S) and our hearts should weep for each other, we all have such a long way to go, subhanAllah.
- Remember that Iblis was an 'Abid, a very devout worshiper at one point, what happened to him?None of us know what condition we will be, so to feel secure in our ibaada and hidaya is pure folly.

Tomorrow, upon seeing the people, immediately make du'aa that Allah allows them to come for the remainder of the year as well as for the duration of Ramadaan.

Wa-alaykum assalam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
:bismillah1:
:salam:
This thread is re-opened in case anyone has more to add

Wa Alaikkum Asalaam

Thank you brother Hassan.

To further add to the original post, the masjid was full thoughout Ramadan Alhamdulilah. People even turning up even HALF an hour before Fajr Mashaa Allah. However, as soon as Ramadan ended, actually in the day of Eid the masjid went back to normal, being only 2 or 3 lines of people.

This is what I was trying to convey in the original post that the hypocrites fill the masjid during Ramadan then they do a disappearing act until Eid Al Adha and the next Ramadan.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
As I commented at the time, I understand your point. It seems to me that some (many) have the idea that a perfect (!) Ramadan erases sins and negligence for the rest of the year. Personally, I try not to get involved in all the "Do this... and you will receive ... hundreds of hasanat advice" as I fear my intentions would not be correct. But I do hold Ramadan to be an opportunity to be completely focused on ibadah, a time that we might learn to incorporate new things into our everyday. And so I stand by my comment too that at least during Ramadan those people do come, because if even one makes a change that lasts the year, subhanullah, that is a great thing. And for all the annoyances people cause, alhamdulillah, they give the opportunity to show patience with them.

I should even thank you for your original post, because these are sentiments I have had myself. I remember my first Ramadan I had been going to the same masjid for months, many people knew me and were used to seeing me. And suddenly the masjid was full of people not just pushing to get to the food first, but looking at me as if to ask what I am even doing there. And I am sure that for the one who might make a new change, there are many, many who will just disappear as you say.

I don't think this thread was appropriate for the time, though I believe you were simply being genuine in posting it. Now it is open again, I am sure there can be plenty more discussion, in shaa Allah

JazakAllah khairan

Umm Abdullah

Wa aleykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh

Abu Loren, I know what you mean, but you can't call these people munaafiqiin just because they don't pray in the masjid. Maybe they pray at their work place or at home who knows. I think most of us have noticed that the masajids are full during Ramadan, and that people are very keen to do 3ibadaat ma sha Allah. It shouldn't really surprise us, because the month of Ramadan is like no other month, and people are doing their utmost to recieve the ajr of laylatul qadr. Maybe these brothers are weak in their faith, but you see them praying in Ramadan, because the devils are locked up! Anyway, we should be happy to see the masajids full and not be angered by it. Say alhamdulillah that Allah has made it easy for you to attend the masjid frequently and pray for these brothers in sha Allah.

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
Wa aleykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh

Abu Loren, I know what you mean, but you can't call these people munaafiqiin just because they don't pray in the masjid. Maybe they pray at their work place or at home who knows. I think most of us have noticed that the masajids are full during Ramadan, and that people are very keen to do 3ibadaat ma sha Allah. It shouldn't really surprise us, because the month of Ramadan is like no other month, and people are doing their utmost to recieve the ajr of laylatul qadr. Maybe these brothers are weak in their faith, but you see them praying in Ramadan, because the devils are locked up! Anyway, we should be happy to see the masajids full and not be angered by it. Say alhamdulillah that Allah has made it easy for you to attend the masjid frequently and pray for these brothers in sha Allah.

Asalaamu Alaikkum

I live in the UAE and there are masjids withing 5 metres of each other, so these people are locals who live near the masjid within walking distance.

My argument is that if they can make an effort during Ramadan then surely they can make a commitment every day to attend. The thing is these people do not pray at all the other times because I see them hanging around during prayer times. So if they only pray during the month of Ramadan then they are munafiq. All the Ulema are in agreement that whoever does not fulfill the obligation of praying five times a day at the stipulated times then they are out of the fold of Islam.

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

Speak to them then, our deen is nasiha alhamdulillah! Surely the Sahaba would have spoken to them, wa Allahu 'alam.

Jazakallahu khayran

Eman Yousuf

:salam:, I respect the sentimental of the original post. Yes indeed because he is a good muslim , cares for others and want others not to make excuse and fill up the masjid throughout the year masha allah. Me too feel sometimes like that regardless of my (SHORT COMING ) that is because when I do good and try to be within the bounds of Allah (swa) , I want other muslims to do the same, it hurts me that being a revert I feel happiness when I read quran , do ibadah or any other act open and secret, there are people who waste their time in wordly affair.:12-angryredarms:

When the same people haste to masjid when there is Iftar or dinner arrangements , or pour in in Islamic Centres for materialistic gain ,it does hurt and the hatred comes out. Yes no body knows what is in the heart of a person , but we human always judge a person by what is in front of us.

Yes this is a good idea to lure those people toward Allah (swa) by providing them what they like most, who knows in due course they will become " sincere devotees".

"O changer of Heart , keep our heart :SMILY252: steadfast toward your deen (Islam)",ameen.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
salam 'alikum,among the signs of the Ed there is the increasing of the number of mosques and not many people going there to pray...and while there will be said the adhan,the dogs will shout.I've verified it with my ears.dogs shouted while the imam recited the adhan.
I've also testd that feeling of hateness in the past,when during Ramadhan there was no free place to play,women "kicked and punched" to take their place,while after that month the mosque is almost empty.in morocco they say "ki sallyiu al harira",that's to say that people go there but they have the head to the Iftar.

Umm Abdullah

LOL are you guys saying that people are coming to the masjid for iftar. La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah. Where is the 7usn Adhan? Why assume the worst in our fellow brothers and sisters. Shouldn't we just be happy that the masajids are full during Ramadan instead of looking at it from a negative perspective. I don't have anything more to add. Peace!

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
it makes me think that the ones who fill the mosques are indeed the most sinniful muslims and try to erase their guilties by using this month as an excuse to be forgiven,then they start from new doing their mistakes.you're free to disapprove my thought,but please don't judge me badly.what I'm saying comes from my own experience and it's not easy to understand why while muslims are filling the mosques asking Allah forgiveness,in other places the bombs are killing many innocents.Allah is the All-forgiver and the All-seer.is He looking what it's happening to His creation?it's going to the self-destruction...and we're here to debate about something which can't help us to be better people.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
^ Frankly speaking, it's none of yours or anyone else's place to label people as the 'most' or 'least' sinful, really isn't in our job descriptions as slaves of Allah, so we should keep our heads down stick to what we're supposed to do.

We can say we dislike the masjid being empty as soon as Ramadan is complete, but leave it at that!

I honestly can't believe people have the time and attention to look at the state of other people and speculate 'just how bad' other people may be for the simple fact they attend the masjid in Ramadan?It just demonstrates a complete lack of insight with regards to our own status.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I didn't mean to be judgeful,I just posted what I really saw.how can be possible that a good muslim like someone I know,prayed everyday during Ramadhan,went to the mosque like every muslim does,and some day after he begun again to drink aalchool?I call it hypocrisy.I'm none to say who's right or not,but in front of my eyes I see many so called muslims who behave like angels while they are just common people.that's all

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
I didn't mean to be judgeful,I just posted what I really saw.how can be possible that a good muslim like someone I know,prayed everyday during Ramadhan,went to the mosque like every muslim does,and some day after he begun again to drink aalchool?I call it hypocrisy.I'm none to say who's right or not,but in front of my eyes I see many so called muslims who behave like angels while they are just common people.that's all

In Islam they are called Munafiq (hypocrite).

Status
Not open for further replies.