meaning of this dream?

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:

i know tht dreams could mean differently for different people....but just asking if anyone know (or was told) the meaning of seeing the peacock in cage?

jazaak Allah khair in advance

your-sister

Wa'alaik as-salaam!

Brother, I read the book 'The Dreamer's Handbook' a while back and we are encouraged to not dwell on dreams and their meanings. As the good ones are from Allaah azza wa jall and the bad/nightmarish ones are caused by shaytaan(na'uudhu billaahi min sharrih).

But I was really curious so I looked into it(the book)..and Alhamdulillaah gained some benefit from my read.
I went back and checked earlier and in a chapter(Ch.11 incase you decide to read it also) it gave symbols about Birds.
• Predator birds: represent status or rule in accordance with their type and strength. The eagle being the best, followed by the hawk.
• Owl: a thief; weak person
• Crow: evil or deceitful man: liar
• Chicken: a blessed woman
• Rooster: A caller to prayer
Now a peacock wasn't on the list and we can't really add it to the predatory birds'. But i found on a site that it symbolizes Pride and world vanities.(oh oh)

Them we have the cage. On the same site it is said to symbolize 'prison; house', basically something closed-off.

And they said dreaming of a bird(not exactly a 'peacock') inside a cage means, sickness will befall one's son. And a bird flying away from its cage stands for one's death...

Remember though, their was no proof/daleel(a hadeeth or a fatwa of an 'ulemaa) indicating this to be the correct interpretation.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:the peacock in the cage are the unsaid words,the heaviness of a responsibility,the difficulty to demonstrate the skillnesses,shyness and fear to show oneslf to others.if the cage is opened but the peacock doesn't come out,it's fear of the judice of people.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

my sheikh used to advise me to be very careful about revealing the nature of my dreams to people. especially if they were bad dreams. i never mention any bad dreams to anyone. of course i may wonder about a dream that i may have had, but if it is very puzzling i just leave it alone.
:wasalam:

your-sister

:salam2:the peacock in the cage are the unsaid words,the heaviness of a responsibility,the difficulty to demonstrate the skillnesses,shyness and fear to show oneslf to others.if the cage is opened but the peacock doesn't come out,it's fear of the judice of people.

If I'm not mistaken, that's how the non-Muslims interpret it.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Wa`alaykumassalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu

One should refrain from interpreting dream unless the person is learned and a scholar in that field. Its not a easy job to interpret dreams the seriousness of interpreting wrongly can be known from the words of Imaam Maalik may Allaah have mercy upon him when he was asked : "Can anybody interpret dreams?" He said: "Is he playing with Prophethood? A dream constitutes one part of Prophethood, which cannot be played with."

They said, "[It is but] a mixture of false dreams, and we are not learned in the interpretation of dreams." (12:44)

You should ask some one who is a scholar in dream interpretation. Ibn Sireen whom Allah had blessed with the knowledge of interpreting dreams took 2-3 days just know the authenticity of the dream let alone interpret it

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
If I'm not mistaken, that's how the non-Muslims interpret it.
sister,I Just liked to express what that dream gave to my mind,I'm not an interprerer,I imaged that peacock and joked with my sensations!!!!!don't take care,Allah know it best:)