Memorising the 99 names

haakym

love
I am making the intention to memorise the 99 names and have and will study again their meanings, insha'Allah.

Any one have any tips for memorising them?

haakym

love
:salam2: Brother....

Is it safe to assume you know this new user? :) Haakym, I feel sorry for ya! lol!!!!!!!!!!!!

<ducks and runs>

I signed up to turntoislam ages ago and never posted and find it impossible to do so because I can never think of any thing to say. I squeezed this one out, cut me some slack

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
I signed up to turntoislam ages ago and never posted and find it impossible to do so because I can never think of any thing to say. I squeezed this one out, cut me some slack

It was good to read that. Wish I could say the same for myself, sadly not though.

Studying + memorising the 99 names is something I've had the intention of doing for a long time, maybe I haven't done it yet because I spend too much time reading and participating on TTI!

(Intentions renewed)

Wa-salaam

haakym

love
It was good to read that. Wish I could say the same for myself, sadly not though.

Studying + memorising the 99 names is something I've had the intention of doing for a long time, maybe I haven't done it yet because I spend too much time reading and participating on TTI!

(Intentions renewed)

Wa-salaam

Well if you're posting beneficial stuff no harm I guess, finding a balance and disciplining yourself is the key. And all success lies with dependence on the creator.

I was going to recommend a lecture series by Dr. Saleh as Saleh rahimullah but apparently I need 15 posts before I can post links! Will post back here sooner or later with the link, amazing lecture series I encourage everyone to listen to.

salapuddin35

i was listening to a lecture of Dr. bilal Philips and he said the 99 names of allah is a weak hadith downladed it from the online university but let me check his lectures again i could be wrong.

JenGiove

i was listening to a lecture of Dr. bilal Philips and he said the 99 names of allah is a weak hadith downladed it from the online university but let me check his lectures again i could be wrong.

:salam2:

Brother, this one I've GOT to hear.....let us know what he says...please.

haakym

love

Asalaamu 'alaykum,

Care to post more info on that akhi.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Salaaam and welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy it here :)
I meant to say that in your other thread but i forgot.

Anywho, good luck on learning hte 99 names, and masha'Allah, its a good thing to do. I am trying myself. But I find it quite difficult. Like sometimes I'll forget the Arabic name, sometimes I'll forget the English translation :S But generally, i break the list into 5 names at a time and it seems to be working for me okay.

I'll have to look at that link Br. Al-Kashmiri left....:hijabi:

haakym

love
Salaaam and welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy it here :)
I meant to say that in your other thread but i forgot.

Anywho, good luck on learning hte 99 names, and masha'Allah, its a good thing to do. I am trying myself. But I find it quite difficult. Like sometimes I'll forget the Arabic name, sometimes I'll forget the English translation :S But generally, i break the list into 5 names at a time and it seems to be working for me okay.

I'll have to look at that link Br. Al-Kashmiri left....:hijabi:

Wa alaykum asalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatahu,

Thank you for your welcoming.

Maybe you could also find this of use as a tool for memorisation http://everybreatheverysecond.com/ and do check out the other link I posted above.

BarakAllahu feeki!

Wassalaam