migrate (hijrah) for the sake of Allaah

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
nameofallah.gif

salam.gif

Hijrah (migration) for the sake of Allaah means moving from the land of shirk to the land of Islam, as the Muslims moved from Makkah – before its people became Muslim – to Madeenah, because it had become the city of Islam after its people had pledged their allegiance (bay’ah) to the Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and asked him to make hijrah to them. So Hijrah means migratinmg to join other Muslims. Hijrah may also take the form of moving from one land of shirk to another land of shirk where evil is less prevalent and there is less danger to the Muslims, as when some of the Muslims migrated from Makkah, at the command of the Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), to Abyssinia (Ethiopia).
And Allaah is the Source of Strength. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions, and grant them peace.

Fataawaa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 12/50

======================================================================

migrate (hijrah)for those who embrace Islam in kaafir lands

If a person becomes a Muslim in a kaafir land and he is not able to practise his religion openly and establish regular worship, or he fears for himself tribulation regarding his religious commitment, and he cannot protect his honour, then he is obliged to migrate, because the Prophet :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I have nothing to do with any Muslim who settles among the mushrikeen. But if he is able to practise his religion openly and establish regular worship, and he is able to migrate, then it is mustahabb for him to migrate, but in this case it is not obligatory.

Ibn Qudaamah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in al-Mughni: It is mustahabb for him (to migrate) so that he will be able to wage jihad against them – i.e., the kuffaar – and he will increase the numbers of the Muslims and support them. End quote.

But if he is able to practise his religion openly, and he is safe from fitnah (tribulation, temptation), and he can call people to Allaah and teach the Muslims about their religion, then he may stay and not migrate, because his staying there serves an interest.

When Maalik ibn al-Huwayrith (may Allaah be pleased with him) and his companions came to the Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and stayed with him, when the Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) noticed that they were missing their families, he told them to go back and to teach their people, and he said: “Go back to your families and teach them.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6008; Muslim, 674.

Al-Bukhaari (1452) and Muslim (1865) narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri that a Bedouin asked the Messenger of Allaah :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about migration (hijrah) and he said: “Woe to you! Migration is very important. Do you have any camels?” He said: “Yes.” He said: “Do you pay zakaah on them?” He said: “Yes.” He said: “(Even) if you are in the remotest region, Allaah will not cause any of your deeds to be lost.”

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:
“Allaah will not cause any of your deeds to be lost” means: He will never allow the reward for any of your deeds to be lost, no matter where you are.

The scholars said that what is meant by the migration (hijrah) which this Bedouin asked about is staying close to Madeenah with the Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and forsaking one’s family and homeland.

The Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) feared that he would not be able to bear that, and he would not fulfil his rights towards them, and that he would turn back (from Islam), so he said to him: This migration that you asked about is very important, but do good in your own land, and wherever you are it will benefit you, and Allaah will not allow anything of it to be lost.

So migration depends on whether one is able to practise Islam openly and worship openly. If a person cannot do that and he fears fitnah (tribulation), then he must migrate; if he is able to practise Islam openly but he is able to migrate, then migration is mustahabb (recommended); if he is able to practise Islam openly and he engages in da’wah and teaches the Muslims, then he may stay. And Allaah knows best. May Allaah help us all to do that which He loves and which pleases Him.

Qualities which must be present in the land to which one makes hijrah

Every land or region in which the rulers and those in authority uphold the limits set by Allaah and they rule their people in accordance with Islamic sharee’ah, and the people are able to carry out what Islam has enjoined upon them, is considered to be dar islaam (the abode of Islam). The Muslims in such lands have to obey their rulers with regard to that which is right (ma’roof) and be sincere towards them, helping them to take care of the affairs of state and giving them moral and practical support. They should live there, and not go to live anywhere else except to another place which is under Islamic rule where they

may be better off. This is like the case of Madeenah after the Hijrah of the Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), when the Islamic state was established there, and like Makkah after the Conquest, when the Muslims took power there and it became daar islaam after it had been daar harb and it had been obligatory for the Muslims there who were able to leave, to migrate from it.

Every country or region in which the rulers and those in authority do not uphold the limits set by Allaah and do not govern those who are under their care by the rules of Islam, and in which the Muslims are not able to establish the rituals of Islam, is daar kufr (the abode of kufr). This is like Makkah al-Mukarramah before the Conquest, when it was daar kufr. The same applies to any land in which the people belong to the religion of Islam, but those who are in authority govern by laws other than those revealed by Allaah, and the Muslims are not able to establish the rituals of their religion. They have to migrate from that place, fleeing so that their religious commitment will not be compromised, to a land which is ruled by Islam and where they will be able to do that which is required of them by sharee’ah. Whoever is unable to migrate – men, women or children – will be excused, but Muslims in other lands are obliged to save them and bring them from the kaafir lands to the Muslim land.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, as for those whom the angels take (in death) while they are wronging themselves (as they stayed among the disbelievers even though emigration was obligatory for them), they (angels) say (to them): “In what (condition) were you?” They reply: “We were weak and oppressed on the earth.” They (angels) say: “Was not the earth of Allaah spacious enough for you to emigrate therein?” Such men will find their abode in Hell — what an evil destination! Except the weak ones among men, women and children who cannot devise a plan, nor are they able to direct their way. These are they whom Allaah is likely to forgive them, and Allaah is Ever Oft-Pardoning, Oft-Forgiving”
[al-Nisaa’ 4:97-99]

“And what is wrong with you that you fight not in the Cause of Allaah, and for those weak, ill-treated and oppressed among men, women, and children, whose cry is: “Our Lord! Rescue us from this town whose people are oppressors; and raise for us from You one who will protect, and raise for us from You one who will help.”
[al-Nisaa’ 4:75]

But whoever is able to establish the rituals of Islam within his family and establish evidence against the rulers and people in authority, and bring about reform, making them change their ways, then it is prescribed for him to stay among them, because there is the hope that by staying there he may be able to convey the message and reform them – so long as he is safe from temptation and fitnah.
And Allaah is the source of strength. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad:saw:.

Fataawaa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 12/51

====================
<wasalam>

islamicfajr

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum,

Ya Allah Help us do hijrah . Ameen.

IslamicFajr ........ how much does it cost in US dollars to buy some land and build a house in your part of egypt ? ;)

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
wa Alaykum Alsalam

Brother Mabsoot..

don't talk about something like that..

brother when u wanna Make a Hjrah to Egypt..

just come u wellcome..forget talking about money..

Keep in ur mind that..we are Brother in islam..

Remember that During the early days of Islam, when family ties were cut with Mushrikeen who had not yet become Muslim, the gap was filled by the close ties between the believers, which took the place of kinship. The gap was truly filled, and the ties of faith became equivalent to the ties of blood for the believers.

When the Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) established the mu’aakhah (brotherhood) between the Muhaajireen and Ansaar, it reached such a degree that the Ansaar shared everything they had with the Muhaajireen.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning);

“… and [they – the Ansaar] have no jealousy in their hearts for that which they have been given (from the booty of Bani al-Nadeer), and give them (emigrants) preference over themselves, even though they were in need of that…” [al-Hashr 59:9]

It reached the extent that the people between whom the bond of Mu’aakhah (brotherhood) was established could inherit from one another, and so the believers did not feel that there was anything missing.

===========
u wellcome to Egypt in any time u wanna..

<wasalam>

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

I wish there was a land where Muslim can live in with out any problems, but with all respect to what brother Islamicfjr posted, Muslim in the west I think practicing with much more freedome than the any so called Islamic countries.

to the date I didnt see any Islamic country which allow muslim to practice with freedom they not even allow to practise Islam openly and worship openly.
Yes now days we might have some trouble in the west but most of it coming from ignorant people who dont know anything about Islam.

At the time of the prophet peace be up on him, Islam was only in the Arabia, but after the prophet peace be up on him Islam spread through out the world.
if every Muslim or New Muslim migrate to Muslim land who will convey the message of Islam to non-Muslims.

Beside now days its impossible for you to migrate to any Muslim land because of visa problems. I am not debating I am just saying my opinion I wish I can migrate to Makkah for good but do you think any one will allow it?

wa salaam alikom

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
salaam alikom

I wish there was a land where Muslim can live in with out any problems, but with all respect to what brother Islamicfjr posted, Muslim in the west I think practicing with much more freedome than the any so called Islamic countries.

to the date I didnt see any Islamic country which allow muslim to practice with freedom they not even allow to practise Islam openly and worship openly.
Yes now days we might have some trouble in the west but most of it coming from ignorant people who dont know anything about Islam.

At the time of the prophet peace be up on him, Islam was only in the Arabia, but after the prophet peace be up on him Islam spread through out the world.
if every Muslim or New Muslim migrate to Muslim land who will convey the message of Islam to non-Muslims.

Beside now days its impossible for you to migrate to any Muslim land because of visa problems. I am not debating I am just saying my opinion I wish I can migrate to Makkah for good but do you think any one will allow it?

wa salaam alikom

wa Alaykum Assalam..

Brother if u read the last part in my post find the reply and the commentin ur post...

But whoever is able to establish the rituals of Islam within his family and establish evidence against the rulers and people in authority, and bring about reform, making them change their ways, then it is prescribed for him to stay among them, because there is the hope that by staying there he may be able to convey the message and reform them – so long as he is safe from temptation and fitnah.

You should also note – may Allaah guide you – that the more religious commitment becomes something strange and the fewer people there are who truly adhere to it – as is the situation nowadays – the more difficult it becomes to remain steadfast. It is hard to be different from the vast majority of people. Hence Allaah in His wisdom increases the reward of the sincere believers who remain steadfast in adhering to the truth, those who give precedence to pleasing Him over everything else and sacrifice that which is most precious to them for the sake of achieving that.

In Saheeh Muslim (145) it is narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Islam started as something strange and will go back to being something strange as it began. So glad tidings to the strangers.”

In Sunan al-Tirmidhi (3058) it is narrated from Abu Tha’labah al-Khushani (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “After you there will come days during which being patient will be like holding on to a live coal. The one who strives during those days will have a reward like that of fifty men who strive as you do.” According to another report: It was said: “O Messenger of Allaah, the reward of fifty men like them or like us?” He said: “No, the reward of fifty men like you.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb, 3172

These ahaadeeth and others indicate that at the end of time, there will be many evil and corrupt people, and few who are good and righteous and fear Allaah. That is because there will be so much fitnah (temptation and tribulation) and because sin and temptation will be so widespread that adhering to Islam will become something strange and may even become something strange among the Muslims themselves.​
These ahaadeeth also indicate that adherence to Islam is not something easy, rather it is like holding on to a live coal. What will help a person to do that, after guidance from Allaah, is being patient in adhering to this path until he meets his Lord not being negligent or heedless, so he will meet a Lord Who is pleased with him and not angry with him, and will give him a great and much-multiplied reward. If a person truly understands this, he will regard as insignificant whatever he encounters for the sake of that which is waiting for him with his Lord, by the will and grace of Allaah.

What we have said applies if you feel that things are too difficult for you and you fear that your patience is weak and that you are slipping and not remaining steadfast.

However, if you are feeling that you have no hope of spreading this Islamic life that you live among those who are around you, and bringing them back to Islam as you are obliged to do, because of the opposition and resistance that you encounter, you should know that every step that you take in that direction is a victory and an act of charity. A good word is a charity, and you do not know when a word that you have spoken may take effect in the heart of the one who hears it and be of some benefit to him, even if that is after some time. So you should not give up hope that it will do some good one day.
“And when a community among them said: “Why do you preach to a people whom Allaah is about to destroy or to punish with a severe torment?” (The preachers) said: “In order to be free from guilt before your Lord (Allaah), and perhaps they may fear Allaah”
[al-A’raaf 7:164]

Beware of letting despair enter your heart. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Certainly no one despairs of Allaah’s Mercy, except the people who disbelieve”
[Yoosuf 12:87]

Beware of despair for it is misguidance:

“And who despairs of the Mercy of his Lord except those who are astray?”
[al-Hijr 15:56]

Remember that your efforts will never be lost, so long as you remain on the right path. The point where your life ends, this is your destination:
“He who emigrates (from his home) in the Cause of Allaah, will find on earth many dwelling places and plenty to live by. And whosoever leaves his home as an emigrant unto Allaah and His Messenger, and death overtakes him, his reward is then surely, incumbent upon Allaah. And Allaah is Ever Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful”
[al-Nisa’ 4:100]

Then will come the turn of those who come after you, to take the flag from you and continue the rest of the journey. How many of this ummah are still left: “Allaah will continue to plant new people in this religion and use them in His obedience.” Narrated by Ibn Maajah and classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Sunan Ibn Maajah, 1/5.

Be certain of the promise of Allaah to this ummah of support and help:
“And indeed We have written in Az‑Zaboor [i.e. all the revealed Holy Books the Tawraat (Torah), the Injeel (Gospel), the Psalms, the Qur’aan] after (We have already written in) Al‑Lawh Al‑Mahfooz (the Book that is in the heaven with Allaah) that My righteous slaves shall inherit the land (i.e. the land of Paradise)”
[al-Anbiya’ 21:105]

“This matter (i.e., Islam) will reach as far as the day and night reach, and Allaah will not leave any house of mud or hair but He will bring this religion into it … and Allaah will bring glory to Islam and humiliation to kufr.” Narrated by Ahmad and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 32.

I urge us to remain steadfast in our religious commitment and not to turn away from it despite the many fitnahs and temptations and the many obstacles. Remember that the good end will be for those who fear Allah (the pious).

I ask Allah to open our heart to goodness and to make us steadfast in adhering to the truth until we meet Him. May he divert all evil away from us, for He is All-Hearing, Ever Near

<wasalam>