Miracle of the Prophet and his eethar...

alhamdulillah

Miracle of the Prophet and his eethar.

Bismillah hi’Rahman ni’Raheem,

Assalamualaykum my dear Brothers and sisters.

Have we ever wondered what Al-Eethar (nobility) actually is? Have we ever tried to feel the essence of its nature? Have we ever tried to taste the sweetness of its character? And have we ever tried sharing its uniqueness? Or are we amongst those who are neglectful of its existance?

Al-Eethar, Al-Eethar…well what is the wisdom of this meritorious quality? It is to forsake one’s worldly share for your brother/sister in Islam to benefit from it, and to prefer someone else before one’s self with the intention of being rewarded by Allah in the Hereafter (Insha’Allah).

Al-Eethar consists of a few elements which if implemented, would identify a good practising Muslim by Allah’s Will. Some of these are: To maintain good relations with people, to be tolerant and understanding, patience, concern, forgiveness and mutal kindness.
Surely, it is a phrase that needs practising, not just reciting. What a quality to possess?! But who amongst us possesses such an eethar?
Indeed, our beloved Prophet; Alayhis sallatu wassalam!

One of the companions (radi’Allahu anhu) said: “The Prophet (peace be upon him) never denied anyone something which he Alayhis sallatu wassalam owned!.” Subhan’Allah.
Did the Prophet Alayhis sallatu wassalam not say: “None of you will have faith till he loves for his brother what he loves for himself!.” ? Subhan'Allah, aren't these words to be pondered upon?

Al-Eethar was naturally a part of the Prophet Alayhis sallatu wassalam. When witnessed by many, they actually embraced Islam. Such was the nature of the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him), nevertheless, Allah Decreed many other qualities to be attached with him..........…Miracles………………………!

Prepare yourself now to read about a miraculous scene which took place before the eyes of Abu Hurayrah (radi'Allahu anhu)!
Note both the miracle and the eethar of the Prophet Alayhis sallatu wassalam combined in this Hadith.

It was Narrated by Abu Hurayrah (radi’Allahu anhu): “By Allah, except Whom none has the right to be worshipped, I used to lay (unconscious) on the ground on my liver (abdomen) because of hunger, and (sometimes) I used to bind a stone around my belly because of hunger. One day I sat by the way which they (the Prophet and his companions) used to pass. When Abu Bakr (radi’Allahu anhu) passed by me, I asked him about a Verse from Allah’s Book, and I asked him only that he might statisfy my hunger, but he passed by and did not do so. Then ‘Umar (radi’Allahu anhu) passed by me, and I asked him about a Verse from Allah’s Book, and I asked him only that he might statisfy my hunger, but he also passed by without doing so. Finally, the Prophet Alayhis sallatu wassalam passed by me and he smiled when he saw me, for he knew what I needed.
He said: “O Abu Hirr (Abu Hurayrah)!” I replied: “Labbayk, O Messenger of Allah!” He said to me: “Follow me.” He left and I followed him.

Then the Prophet Alayhis sallatu wassalam entered his house, and I asked permission to enter and was admitted. He found milk in a bowl and said: “From where is this milk?” They replied: “It has been presented to you by so and so.” The Prophet Alayhis sallatu wassalam said: “O Abu Hirr!” I answered: “Labbayk, O Messenger of Allah!” He Alayhis sallatu wassalam said: “Go and call the people of the Suffa to me.”
These people of Suffa were guests of Islam who had no families, nor money, nor anybody to depend upon, and whenever an object of charity was brought to the Prophet (peace be upon him), he would send it to them and would not take anything from it, and whenever a present was given to him, he used to send some to them and kept some for himself.

The order of the Prophet upset me, and I said to myself: “How will this little milk be enough for the people of the Suffa?” I wondered what will remain of that milk for me, anyway, I could not but obey Allah and His Messenger. So I went to the people of the suffa and called them and they came and asked the Prophet’s permission to enter. They were admitted and took their seats in his house.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “O Abu Hirr!” I replied: “Labbayk, O Messenger of Allah!” He Alayhis sallatu wassalam said: “Take it and give it to them.” So I took the bowl (of milk) and started giving it to one man, who would drink his fill and return it to me, whereupon I would give it to another man, who in turn would drink his fill and return it to me, and I would then offer it to another man, who would drink his fill and return it to me. Finally, after the whole group had drunk their fill, I reached the Prophet (peace be upon him) who took the bowl in his hand, looked at me, smiled and said: “There remain you and I.” I answered: “You have spoken the truth, O Messenger of Allah!” He Alayhis sallatu wassalam said: “Sit down and drink.” I sat down and I drank. He Alayhis sallatu wassalam said: “Drink” and I drank. The Prophet Alayhis sallatu wassalam kept on repeating me to drink till I said: “No, by Allah who sent you with the Truth, I have no space for it (in my stomach).”
Then the prophet Alayhis sallatu wassalam said: “Hand it over to me.” When I gave him the bowl, he Alayhis sallatu wassalam praised Allah, pronounced Allah’s Name over it, and drank the remaining milk.” Sahih Al-Bukhari (6452) and Tirmidhi (2477).

This was one of the miracles of the Prophet (peace be upon him), so that we all can learn the greatness of this noble characteristic, eethar!
Surely, blessing comes from eethar...

And so he was, our beloved Prophet Alayhis sallatu wassalam, an example and a Mercy to all of Mankind…………………………………………………………………………………………..

Ma'Salama
your sister in Islam...

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum wa rahmatullah sister,

thank you so much for this article, it was good to read and very informative.

JAzakallahu khayr.

Wasalam

alhamdulillah

Assalamu Alaykum wa rahmatullah sister,

thank you so much for this article, it was good to read and very informative.

JAzakallahu khayr.

Wasalam

Bismillah,

:wasalam: br..Barak'Allahu Fik...

may Allah reward you immensely for assisting me in this Ameen ya Rabb!

Ma'Salama...

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
ٍAs-Salam Alaykum..

good Work Masha` Allah...

simple Article but More informative..Masha` Allah..

God Ahead and Keep ur good work..

Really here we need More amembers like u..

May Allah rewad 4 evey letter u write it and rewad All us paradise and All us meet there..

<wasalam Alaykum>

islamicfajr

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Wa alaykum salaam

:subhanallah: wonderful article....jazakallah khair may Allah (swt) reward you imensly...

wasalaam

Aqeedah20

Assalamu Alaikum,
Very inspiring article,:ma: may we all learn something from this inshallah, jazakallahu Khairan:hijabi:

Hannah123

One Truth
:salam2:
Thank you for the story about the Prophet(pbuh). I am a new Muslim and unfortunately i haven't heard nearly enough of the miracles of our blessed Prophet(pbuh). does anyone know a good site for info about the Prophet(pbuh)? it would be great to hear all the miracles known. I am hungry like the man in the story. May Allah(swt) bless you in the Straight Path.
Peace Hannah
:shymuslima1:

alhamdulillah

Bismillah,

Assalamualaykum Hannah, Insha'Allah you're well.

:salam2:
Thank you for the story about the Prophet(pbuh). I am a new Muslim and unfortunately i haven't heard nearly enough of the miracles of our blessed Prophet(pbuh). does anyone know a good site for info about the Prophet(pbuh)? it would be great to hear all the miracles known. I am hungry like the man in the story. May Allah(swt) bless you in the Straight Path.
Peace Hannah

Barak'Allahu Fik sister....here, this link may help Insha'Allah:

click link:
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3055

Likewise, may Allah help us all to keep on the Straight Path, Ameen.

I leave you in Allah's Care

Wasalam...

Hannah123

One Truth
Salaam brothers and sisters in Islam,
I just wanted to say thanks for all help in finding articles on the Prophet(pbuh). Masha'Allah i work in a big bookstore and i have found the most amazing biography on the Prophet(pbuh) and all the other prophets, and creation, it's just such a beautiful book. It's called "Muhammad(saw..in arabic) The Messenger of Islam; His Life and Prophecy" by Hajjah Amina Adil. Just incase anyone likes to read, its awesome. May Allah bless you my brothers and sisters.
peace,
Hannah
(if anyone knows a sister in delaware that i could meet it would be appreciated)