Status
Not open for further replies.

AlQurtubi

Banned
:lol: FBI how would they be lashed lol virtual lashing...haha

Why do you say there might be more coming have you got a lead on a culprit lol

:wasalam:

sheesh! lol

Sister muslimah16 is better now and al-kashmiri has conveyed the message.

Brother al-kashmiri, i asked someone to be a lawyer for me on TTI.. but i got no response...lol

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamualaykum,

Recently I have felt that there have been far too many threads related to matrimony on TTI. In my opinion, this serves no purpose other than to create fitna.

Who cares about these hypothetical questions 'would you accept this' or 'are looks important' it really serves no benefit whatsoever. No offence to any of those thread starters, but thinking about it brothers and sisters, have you got nothing better to do than ask those questions?

If one wants to know about the fiqh of marriage then thats another issue, Im sure there are related articles in the Islaamic articles section on this site and thats okay.

So can the mods and admin possibly have a policy where marriage related topics are limited and such topics are largely discussed in the gender specific sections of the forum only, if at all.

I think it would prevent problems leading to threads like this one.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

FBI? I didn't think they were needed and lawyers lol? I guess the mods are the FBI, we busted people before. Even had to speak to them via IM to tell them nicely to stop bothering sisters and at times they're like, "all I want to do is spread Islaam to my brothers and sisters". Yet, they only ever spoke to sisters :confused:. I think the correct statement should've been "all I wanna do is talk to women and the guise of spreading Islaam". Sorry, that's how I feel about them anyway.

mhamzah

As-salaamu `alaykum.

If anyone is being pestered, do notify mods, we have banned people before do to their persistent proposing, talking to sisters in private WAY too much etc. This site is not a matrimonial service, and if there are people who wish to propose, then please do it in a more professional, shar`i manner, not via a private message. A new saying goes 'woe to internet courting'.

As a word of caution, we should be careful when we post, as many, many people will see what you are going to type, try not to come across in a way that could lead to proposals (I'm not saying anyone in specific is). Sisters especially, please try not to show too much emotion in your posts, start by cutting back on the smilies and lols! Many sisters here maa shaa' Allaah, they type highly beneficial posts, are active on this site, and they come across in a way in which I personally believe no one will bother them, at all... well, maybe the odd person or so.

The `Ullemaa' have spoken even about forum etiquette, so let's try to observe them inshaa' Allaah, especially when we talk to kuffaar and the opposite gender... care needs to be taken.

Allaah knows best.

:salam2:

Well said brother.

I guess it time to need this disussion now and get back to what this site is intended for. Let not be hard on the brother either. We all make mistakes from time to time. If I have cause offense to anyone, I appologise for that.

AlQurtubi Brother

Baaz aa jain bhai warna yeah pathar aap ki taraf bhi aa saktay hain. just kidding.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
AlQurtubi Brother

Baaz aa jain bhai warna yeah pathar aap ki taraf bhi aa saktay hain. just kidding.

Qurtubi bhai lol aaj aap sab ka focus hain lol

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just wanted to say something important, I think this website has become a home to many people Alhumdulilah, many users are comfortable with each other and check some time on this website almost everyday.
ALot of times people ask really personal question here that they would be really shy in real life, it shows a small level of comfort.
Also, since in the 21st century marriage has become all about a girl that looks like a Model and a guy that is really good looking too.
The society is inclining more towards beauty than the pious nature of the couple.
There are many matrimonial websites but you can never tell from them if the women/ men is really pious or not.
I do understand that some sisters get upset when guyz pm them but Seriously sisters, some brothers are not looking for beauty, wealth or other stuff they just want a pious women.
And i think many guyz would choose a sister from TTI to be their spouse than someone else, cuz we see in our society filth, arranged marriages, guyz that dont have their parents helping them out dont have any way of approaching pious girl even using shariah method
So i think one of the sister said that asking is ok but it should be done in the shariah way this website is not a dating or matrimonial website
I think i agree with her opinion

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*

JazakAllah khair for your up lifting replies. :)

As brother al-kashmiri said in his post about the usage of 'smilies' and 'lolls'. I think i fall under this category!

So brother Shaheerpak....... I wont be using smilies after this on last one :D inshAllah. But i might just. :)

Yes brother Qurtabi, i am feeling better Alhamdulillah. :)

JazakAllah again for your replies it really means a lot to me.

I love you all for the sake of Allah. :)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I am alloweed to say that right? :p

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

FBI!!! LAWYERS!!! You all are so funny Mashallah.:lol:

Maybe we also need CIA too.:lol:

Thank you all for bringiing smile on my face dear sisters and brothers.

May Allah reword you with Jannatul Firdows.Ameen.

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
Asalaamualaykum,

I for one advocate naming and shaming!(just kidding).

In any case if someone proposes just set them straight in a firm way (by this i mean a severe reprimand follwed by ayahs talking about purity followed by ahadith), if they pester you following this then inform the mods. That should take care of it inshaallah.

AlQurtubi

Banned
brother shaheer and hamzah.. perhaps i have poking my nose into too many threads continously that is why.. :)

Hamzah, where i live, i am used to of such stones.. lol

Brother al-kashmiri.. you dont know wats in my heart *sighs* and why i need lawyers (representative) for that at TTI.... lol.. And yeah, you followed those guys correctly. Thats the correct way. Warn before shooting them.. BTW, we 2 have never been so friendly, do we? lol .. ALHUMDULILLAH for this :)

Sister stiks, I second you ( no i dont .. :) ).

No we dont need CIA here, they are cheap people , sister Asja.

I would like to admit that AFter a long time, i have become addicted to TTI again.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
No we dont need CIA here, they are cheap people , sister Asja.

What I meant dear brother is that we can organise our own CIA and than that would not be "cheap people", but people of trust Allhamdullilah.:)

But like brother Al Kashmiri said we do not need that...but maybe for any case..still...:)

May Allah bless you dear brother and all Muslims.Ameen

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

I believe the initial purpose of this thread has been fulfilled, and that now it's going a bit off track. For this reason let's end this discussion inshaAllah and take away from it for ourselves what we can.

I second what brother Al-Kashmiri said in that if sisters (or brothers) come across such members who are asking for marriage, or seeking personal details about you etc - that they inform any active Mod during that time. We will inshaAllah warn this person, and any similar activites in the future will warrant a ban.

As has been said, it is not a matrimonial site and we would like to keep it that way. Therefore not only do we request that members not PM others with this sort of thing, but also those who do get PMed that they inform us.

I wanted to end with the advice of brother Al-Kashmiri as I found it very true and relevant to many of us, including myself:

As a word of caution, we should be careful when we post, as many, many people will see what you are going to type, try not to come across in a way that could lead to proposals (I'm not saying anyone in specific is). Sisters especially, please try not to show too much emotion in your posts, start by cutting back on the smilies and lols! Many sisters here maa shaa' Allaah, they type highly beneficial posts, are active on this site, and they come across in a way in which I personally believe no one will bother them, at all... well, maybe the odd person or so.

The `Ullemaa' have spoken even about forum etiquette, so let's try to observe them inshaa' Allaah, especially when we talk to kuffaar and the opposite gender... care needs to be taken.

Allaah knows best.

May Allah bless all those who strive towards keeping our environment here correct.

wasalam

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

Baarak Allaahu feek.

I think we're all in need of it, myself included. But of course, you can be as wild and personal as shari`ah permits, in the gender specific sections! But still remember to take care, and I don't recommend being "open" at all.

Jazaakillaahu khayran for the advise al-fajr, I think I'll raise the matter and see what happens... I have some ideas now.

Was-salaam

Status
Not open for further replies.