Mobile Phones in the Mosque

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Salam,

Whilst going in to the masjid one should switch off one’s mobile completely. If it rings it will disturb others and it will be a means of disrespect to the masjid.

However, even if it just vibrates it will disturb that person’s salaah as his mind will be disturbed from the salaah and his attention will go to the phone.

Likewise, many poeple immediately after the salaam check their missed calls or messages before even performing the sunnah. This is not correct but disrespectful because it shows that though one was standing in the court of Allah his mind was really focused on other things.

We should switch our phones off before entering the masjid, and until we do not leave, do not pay attention towards it.

I personally find it verry annoying when someones mobile phone starts ringing in the middle of Salah and most of the time it's not even a ring tone but the sound of music.

Do other people witness this sort of thing going on in their Mosque?

Peace2u

fardousa

i turn my phone off

:salam2::
when i go to the mosque i alway trun my phone off
till the end on the sunnah and it goes really bad when some anser there phone when the sunnah been done

allah ahfiz

sister fardousa

curious89

I just turn my phone on silent and don't even bother to check until I'm out of the mosque.

I just forget about it whilst I'm in there.

Hasibah

I dont think it is necessary to turn it off; put it on mute. As long as vibrate is off it wont disturb anyone.

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Assalam aleikum,
I guess it happens everywhere nowadays..the thing that disturbs me is that just before starting the salaats, the Imam kindly reminds everyone to turn their phones off..but some don't..and because of that they disturb everyone..which is annoying..

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Assalam aleikum,
I guess it happens everywhere nowadays..the thing that disturbs me is that just before starting the salaats, the Imam kindly reminds everyone to turn their phones off..but some don't..and because of that they disturb everyone..which is annoying..

This is exactly what I'm talking about sister. Some people have absolutely no regard for what the Imam say's to them before the Salah begins.

If their phone does ring whilst in the middle of Salah they will go as far as reaching out into their pockets and turning it off, I ask myself what type of prayer is this that they are perfoming. We’re supposed to be 100% focused when standing in front of our creator.

Peace2u

ohhockleng

Agreed, I put my phone to flight mode all the time. It's really annoying when you're are praying and the phone started to ring.

chaandani

Goofy Member
Just remember that on some phones even while it may be on silent, they have side buttons that turn up the volume again. So if it's in your pocket or something, the buttons might be pressed as you're moving and then they'll make that obnoxious sound letting you know that you've just accidently turned up the volume.

Best to just turn them off before you enter, and turn them on after you leave.

blue streak

:salam2:
Most of the time I just leave my phone in my car so I wont have to bother with it. If I do bring it in I always make sure that its on silent.

What bothers me most is when peoples phones have some type of musical ringtones and then it goes off during salah. Why do muslims even put musical ringtones on their phone and what kind of salah is this where in the middle of it theres music being played :astag:

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
This is so true. I think it is very disrespectful and annoying in the House of Allah.What is more important, your call or your prayer?? I always turn my phone off before I get into the masjid, nothing could be more important than my Lord, it can wait.

Faiza619

Strangers on earth
Asalam Aleikum

I agree with all those who turn their mobile phones off but there seems to be some temptation still.
So why dont you just leave it at home or in your cars?

:wasalam:

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

I dont have a phone so no problem for me yet. :)

But as stated, when the Imam tells the people to take off their phones, some do and some don't. But you just know that someone's phone will go off, Subhan'Allah, most of the time it does.

Wasalam

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
And..what about those..who when their phone rings, answer it..but talk in a very loud voice..very loud, most of the time in another language..while you're praying..how annoying is that?

saira1984

Trust in Allah swt
During Ramadam once the Imam had warned everyone to turn their phones off and some ones phone rung (they were quite close to the imam) he was so annoyed that after the prayer he sais whoevers phone rung during the prayer was to pay £5 per ring and it rung 4 times - £20 to the masjids charity! He was so annoyed and said that the person who had done that even made him get confused on what he was praying so how was he (the person who the phone belonged) supposed to concentrate?!

I've not heard any phones ring since!

:astag:

hager

salam

i didn't take my phone...
cuz,i didn't want disturbing while i'm praying
salam
PS:i guess,there's excuse..for ppl who worked in special places in society as
Doctor
i guess he have excuse to open his phone,even while praying

MUHAMM7D

Muslim

My local has done a excellent job intruducing this new system, just as sis Saira said.

Now we have posters everywhere in the Masjid, If your mobile rings you will have to pay £5.00 to the mosque's Sadaqah, this really makes people scared and they always remember to switch their phones off before entering the Masjid. (I guess they really care about their money:))

saira1984

Trust in Allah swt

My local has done a excellent job intruducing this new system, just as sis Saira said.

Now we have posters everywhere in the Masjid, If your mobile rings you will have to pay £5.00 to the mosque's Sadaqah, this really makes people scared and they always remember to switch their phones off before entering the Masjid. (I guess they really care about their money:))

:astag: people dnt want to give to their local masjid!! it is a bit funny though!!

I just called my hubby and he answered the phone and said quietly 'i'm praying' then hung up, he then called me back and said that he was in the masjid :astag::astag::astag: i'll be sure to tell him about this thread tonight!!

Rawa

I do agree. Yes it is beter to switch it off completely so as not to disturb others. Jazakumullah.

Ibn_hassan

Servant of Allah
allahu akbar
This is a problem that nearly every one with a mobile phones has got while they are in the mosque even if the imam reminds the people to switch off before the prayer begins. we are talking about the normal mosques but the same problem is faced by the people who are in the haramain may allah give us the tawfiiq