money on eid?

salam alaykum

i c alot of kids asking for money on eid day called "eidi" or whatever u call it at ur place...it this from the sunnah or is this an innovation?

:hearts::SMILY346:

fagie

:salam2:

it is not a sunnah and wouldn't call it a bidaah. It is up to u to giv money or not. As for me, Eid is a happy day, and by givin some small amount of money to kids is just a way to make them happy.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
salam alaykum

i c alot of kids asking for money on eid day called "eidi" or whatever u call it at ur place...it this from the sunnah or is this an innovation?

:hearts::SMILY346:

aslam o aliakum bhai
im not sure if that wud be bidah, giving gift to someone in time of happiness or whenever is not forbidden in islam it brings people close together :)

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

I do not think it is not bad inovetion Alhamdulillah if it can be call like that. The question is the same like "is useing PC or watching TV bidaah",as it is not part of Sunnah. Bidaah is not the same like tehnical inovation or some haalal costum. It is necessery to make difference between bidaah in religion and some new costums which are not agaisnt Islamic normes. And Allah knows the best.

We,kids and teens are usually getting money and sweets on Eid from our family and relatives,and for me it is one of the beautiful parts of each Eid MashAllah,:)

:wasalam:

BinKhadija

An Akhu
I don't think there's been any Sahee Hadith declaring it to be haraam. SO yeah it's Neither of them. Most probabaly, it'd be Sunnah since Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) used to love kids so much and how is it possible he won't give them gifts on the Eid day.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Lol I made a killing in the cash department this year! :D

It's pretty much a cultural thing that doesn't really have anything to do with Islam, so it's pretty much harmless. It's just a way of people showing their joy while celebrating Eid and putting smiles on kids' (usually :)) faces.

q8penpals

Salam

I see nothing wrong with giving money to kids for Eid. That said, I can't stand it when the kids come up to you (hubby's relative's kids) and basically EXPECT & BEG for money from us, and then, after we give, many times, they whine that they want MORE!

It turned my husband and I off so much, that we have stopped giving those kids ANY money at all.

Oh, and having his 41 year old unmarried sister begging him for Eid money as well was just disgusting.

Salam

I see nothing wrong with giving money to kids for Eid. That said, I can't stand it when the kids come up to you (hubby's relative's kids) and basically EXPECT & BEG for money from us, and then, after we give, many times, they whine that they want MORE!

It turned my husband and I off so much, that we have stopped giving those kids ANY money at all.

Oh, and having his 41 year old unmarried sister begging him for Eid money as well was just disgusting.

hahahahhaa....i cant stop laughing...yes some people even here do that...people as old as like 30 years old always women(no offence to women but if men do that then they wont b men) ask for money...idk theyre still kids i think

BinKhadija

An Akhu
hahahahhaa....i cant stop laughing...yes some people even here do that...people as old as like 30 years old always women(no offence to women but if men do that then they wont b men) ask for money...idk theyre still kids i think
I am sure you won't have laughed when it was you who were (almost) forced to give money to someone when it don't make sense.

Sister q8penpals, just as we don't give gifts to avaricious people, this kinda kids don’t deserve any Eddi either. You’re right. Nevertheless, please don’t let this be the reason of you being put off from offering your love and presents to adorable and innocent children on Eid day.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Salam

Dear sister I think that every giving is beautifull especialy when we are giving to children. That is why I think that you and your husband should try to explain to children that have already receive "eid money", that there are also many other children who would like to receive it too. On this way you are learning them to modesty and you are not depriving them from your mercy and other children too.
Or you can tell them "I can not give you more money because other child will cry if I do not give him anything,because I gave you everything and I did not left any Eid money for him".:)

In my family,we teens and kids are used to get always the same sum of money,so on that way there are no any differences between us or fight.:hijabi:

May Allah bless you

Idris16

I do not think it is not bad inovetion Alhamdulillah if it can be call like that. The question is the same like "is useing PC or watching TV bidaah",as it is not part of Sunnah.
No its not the same because people associate eid money with Islam. bid3ah means 'introducing newly practiced things into the deen'

PC and TV are not bid3ah because who did introduce these things to Islam or claim it to be a part of Islam? None!

But eid money they associate it into the deen. so in some way if they see it as part of sunnah to give money to people then it's bid3ah Allahu A3lam
after all we have zakatul fitr(food):)
and also why call it 3eid Money? did the prophet and his companions do it or was it started by an old man 600 years after the prophet saw?

q8penpals

Salam

When I first came to Kuwait, I asked my students what Eid was - do you know what the response was?

"It is when we get lots of money!!"

I asked entire classfulls of children what Eid was, and the ONLY thing they came up with was money. That is so so very very wrong.

It is no better than the Christian kids who think Christmas is supposed to be about getting presents.

abdie

I asked entire classfulls of children what Eid was, and the ONLY thing they came up with was money. That is so so very very wrong.

It is no better than the Christian kids who think Christmas is supposed to be about getting presents.

but sis keep in mind they are just kids and they think different from us and it is the way they were taught and wat thay know bout eid depends on the parents but i don't believe that it's the kids fault just went to say that we w/salamu have a good y'all