Muslim holiday destinations (islamic friendly)

lozlg

Muslima for 1 year!
Assalam Alaikam, i wondered if anyone could recommend a destination for a holiday for me and my future hubby (after nikah of course) :) Insha'allah we are looking to go in Jan/Feb. I was looking at Morroco or Turkey but I don't really know which areas are good for holidays.

Jazakallah :)
:muslima:

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

I would suggest that you and your spouse go for Umrah Insha'Allah.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “From one ‘umrah to another is an expiation for whatever (sins) come between them, and an accepted Hajj brings no less a reward than Paradise.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1773; Muslim, 1349.

To visit the house of Allah swt and perform a great act of worship would be a wonderful way to start off one's married life, seeking Allah's blessing for a happy and joyous married life. At the same time, it will draw you closer to Allah swt and would make your heart long to make Hajj/Umrah repeatedly. As mentioned in the hadeeth above, sins are expiated from one umrah to another, SubhanAllah ! :)

Wasalaamalaikum waa rahmatullahi

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

Malaysia...

For the European and American vacationer..it's *very affordable* (5 star hotels can cost as little as 100-200 US Dollars a night!!!)..also (and this is the most important part)...many brothers and sisters I know..have gone there for vacations as newly weds or vacations with the family...and almost all of them give very positive feedback about it...because even though the country is not *entirely* Muslim in population...there is plenty of room for the practicing Muslim family to enjoy a vacation there with everything from the halal food all the way to the activities suited for Muslims...

Also..if you're a hijabi or a niqabi..nobody will mind you being either..because again..Muslims are everywhere and they're both Malaysian natives or fellow vacationing Muslims (at certain times of the year..a friend told me that downtown Kuala Lumpur feels like Cairo because there are so many Muslim vacationers especially Arab ones walking around)..plus the people are very friendly there..and the country is geographically diverse (sobhanallah)..some places like Langkawi island..Terengganu..Tioman island..and Cameron Highlands..are *breathtaking*..you should google pictures and see for yourself..

I would have recommended a Umrah like BrotherInIslam7 (jazah Allah khair) did..but for newly weds I think that would be a bit difficult..as an Umrah requires *utmost* spiritual dedication and focus which I believe is something newly weds might find difficult to attain

regardless I admire your being keen on vacationing in a land where your deen won't be compromised..may Allah bless you for that!..and mabrook in advance! :)

P.S. the only take on vacationing in Malaysia that you should be aware of is that it has a tropical hot and humid weather all year..so if you don't tolerate hot-summery weather too well..you should keep that in mind..otherwise..you will *love* it like many people do already!..

:wasalam:

rightpath_357

TO UMMRAH! TO UMMRAH! :lol:
or to any other country would be fun!!!!:lol:
But I'd go to a nice Muslim country- or New Zealand, or an island, ugh- I forgot where!!!! Let me think. It's a Muslim island..... Oh yes!!! Muritious. Its a beautiful Muslim island:hearts:
May Allah bless you marrige and make you happy. Ameen
Have fun!!!!:D

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
just thought that i would like to add a few
yes indeed we have many tourists especially from arab countries
and recently in the news it said that for this year around 4 millions tourists from muslims countries (esp middle east) came to malaysia mashaAllah
and if you are planning to come here you can use the travel agency help to bring u around the beautiful places - you may want to visit the various mosques in Kuala Lumpur or Putrajaya
umrah is also another good option though
anyways wish u abundant of happiness for ur marriage and may it'll be a memorable day in ur life and may Allah make everything run smoothly on that day
also wish u a marriage that will strengthen ur imann and lead to jannah aminn :)

revert2007

Love Fishing

Malaysia...

For the European and American vacationer..it's *very affordable* (5 star hotels can cost as little as 100-200 US Dollars a night!!!)..also (and this is the most important part)...many brothers and sisters I know..have gone there for vacations as newly weds or vacations with the family...and almost all of them give very positive feedback about it...because even though the country is not *entirely* Muslim in population...there is plenty of room for the practicing Muslim family to enjoy a vacation there with everything from the halal food all the way to the activities suited for Muslims...

Also..if you're a hijabi or a niqabi..nobody will mind you being either..because again..Muslims are everywhere and they're both Malaysian natives or fellow vacationing Muslims (at certain times of the year..a friend told me that downtown Kuala Lumpur feels like Cairo because there are so many Muslim vacationers especially Arab ones walking around)..plus the people are very friendly there..and the country is geographically diverse (sobhanallah)..some places like Langkawi island..Terengganu..Tioman island..and Cameron Highlands..are *breathtaking*..you should google pictures and see for yourself..

I would have recommended a Umrah like BrotherInIslam7 (jazah Allah khair) did..but for newly weds I think that would be a bit difficult..as an Umrah requires *utmost* spiritual dedication and focus which I believe is something newly weds might find difficult to attain

regardless I admire your being keen on vacationing in a land where your deen won't be compromised..may Allah bless you for that!..and mabrook in advance! :)

P.S. the only take on vacationing in Malaysia that you should be aware of is that it has a tropical hot and humid weather all year..so if you don't tolerate hot-summery weather too well..you should keep that in mind..otherwise..you will *love* it like many people do already!..

I am a Malaysian and would like to add some stuffs.

Malaysia is a great place for honeymoon.But it rains almost everyday.So be aware of it.

Some great places to visit in Malaysia :

Langkawi which is in Kedah(if u hv visa to thailand u can visit thailand as well)
-has free duty place.great place for shopping
-photo gallery
-general info

Penang(The Pearl of Island)
-Melaka(the historical place)
Kuala Lumpur:
-Bukit Bintang full of arab restaurants,KLCC(twintour)
-PS(Petaling Street

-Johor(if u hv visa to singapore u can easily visit singapore as well)
-sabah and sarawak which is in malaysia but near brunei (a different island)u need to take another flight from KLIA.

Langkawi Island I Pangkor Island I Redang Island I Perhentian Island I Lang Tengah Island I Tioman Island I Taman Negara I Kenyir Lake I
I Cameron Highlands
IFraser's Hill I Cherating I Kuching I Tunku Abdul Rahman Park I Mount Kinabalu I Penang I Pulau Payar I All States I

All fast food(KFC,McD,PiZZA HUt,BUrger King.....all are halal..no worries about it.

plenty of mosques....and each shopping complex has surau(prayer room)

You can go from one state to another via AirAsia and its main base is the Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) (10minutes from) Kuala Lumpur International Airport

so from KLIA u need to take the bus (RM1.50) to LCCT or u can take the cab which is easily availabe for RM6 if am not mistaken

from KLIA -KL check out the time table and the prices

When u are in KL,do not take any cab that don't use meter.They must use meter.They might charge u more without meter and this is not according to the rules.Avoide taking cabs if possible.Use LRT or monorel.

Ask me if u need any further info.

revert2007

Love Fishing
Egypt is a great place as well.Since it will be still winter in January,so it is a great time to visit Egypt.

The food are very cheap and of course all are halal.
Egyptian don't mess with foreigner and they treat foreigners with respect.So welcome to egypt :) or Malaysia :)

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Egypt is a great place as well.Since it will be still winter in January,so it is a great time to visit Egypt.

The food are very cheap and of course all are halal.
Egyptian don't mess with foreigner and they treat foreigners with respect.So welcome to egypt :) or Malaysia :)

Malaysia is definately nice place to go. Phuket (Thailand) is another very beautiful and nice place (I am going there again insha Allah in a few days). Exceptionaly beautiful place...Many Muslims and many halal restaurants. It is one of the most favourite destination of tourists from all over the world (including Muslims). You can do good shopping on the island as well.

My husband's experience about Egypt is that all of them (from airport staff to security men to people on streets) ask for bakhshish. They won't let you go unless you give them a good amount of money.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Malaysia is definately nice place to go. Phuket (Thailand) is another very beautiful and nice place (I am going there again insha Allah in a few days). Exceptionaly beautiful place...Many Muslims and many halal restaurants. It is one of the most favourite destination of tourists from all over the world (including Muslims). You can do good shopping on the island as well.

My husband's experience about Egypt is that all of them (from airport staff to security men to people on streets) ask for bakhshish. They won't let you go unless you give them a good amount of money.

Phuket is a magnet for European and American travelers as well and there are a lot of immoral things that take place in that Island. Some of my friends recently went on a vacation to the place for about 1 week and the things that I heard from them about their experience and what they saw there, let me just say that it was something that I can't mention here.

I wanted to share it here so that you become aware of it, just in case if you weren't already, respected sister.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

I would have recommended a Umrah like BrotherInIslam7 (jazah Allah khair) did..but for newly weds I think that would be a bit difficult..as an Umrah requires *utmost* spiritual dedication and focus which I believe is something newly weds might find difficult to attain.

Walaykumsalaam waa rahmatullahi..

That's an interesting point that you bring up. One of my relative recently had his Nikah at Haram Shareef which was followed by the newly weds performing Umrah.. Masha'Allah. I think they had a very good experience from what I gathered from my family.

I think taking a holiday as a newly wed is a difficult task as well. It would make more sense to have a holiday after a year or two of marriage. Alas, the western concept of 'honeymoon' has totally gone global.

In an ideal situation, it would be better for the newly weds to adjust to living with the spouse and develop a good relationship. The beginning few weeks/months, new couples find a lot about their spouses and perhaps it is easier to adjust when you stay put at home and spend quality time with eachother, rather than pre-occupying yourself with sight-seeing/shopping etc etc eventhough it would be in the company of your spouse. Also, sometimes the couples maybe in need of advice from close relatives, parents and elders and it would greatly help in those situations to be close to home, rather than to be in a far away exotic place.

I wonder if this has come across the minds of other newly weds, but I would imagine that it would be hard to adjust to living the monotonous life with your spouse, once you have comeback from a 2 week/1 month exotic trip half way around the world. Since they are newly weds, their immediate action after marriage was to take a *vacation*, so they have mainly experienced the joy and fun part of their spouse's company. Once they are back home, wouldn't that make it harder to now get adjusted to the more important daily dry life ?

Just a thought..

Wasalaamalaikum waa rahmatullahi..

revert2007

Love Fishing

You mean tips?yes it is a must .and we give it with the niah of sedakah.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
You mean tips?yes it is a must .and we give it with the niah of sedakah.

Salaamalaikum..

Well it certainly isn't sadaqah, whether you give it with that intention or not. The workers should be pleased with what their employer pays them, whether it is sufficient for them or not. A tip is something that is given on will, it is not something that you are forced to give it in order to have a task performed.

It is a problem prevalent in many developing/poor countries including mine and the muslims need to be educated about the grievous sin of taking bribes or taking money that doesn't belong to them through authority (it is done 'by force' at times, give me bakshish or I am not doing your work).

If we are faced with such situations daily, we should try our utmost to avoid paying it, as paying 'bakshish' contributes to wide spread open corruption.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Seems everyone are making advertisements. LOL. I think I also have to recommend what I think would be best to you my sister.

Okey I prefer my country than other countries, if you would like just to spend it as a comfortable rather than as an Umrah as mentioned by sister a_muslimah86.

Here are some pictures of my country if you would like to see.

maldives1.jpg

coco-palm-dhuni-kolhu-maldives-facade.JPG

a109_maldives1.jpg

This is the Capital Male, where I live. :)

maldives01.jpg

beautiful-Maldives-01.jpg

airport11.jpg

This is not USS Abraham Linkan. LOL. Its Male' International Airport.

MLEHICI_Conrad_Maldives_gallery_ithaa_large.jpg

This is a restaurant built under the sea.

a4061ce4ec97c2f1009273353e10c661d1415eac.jpeg

hotel-maldives.jpg

maldives1_1504131c.jpg

This is President Mr. Mohamed Nasheed, signing on the papers in the world's first Underwater Cabinet Meeting.

Yes of course you can have Halal foods from here and can enjoy everything inshaAllah.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

BinteShafi

Left long ago
wow...brother IbnAdam77, your advertisement is THE BEST masha Allah. I think I should convince my husband about going there (also considering info provided by BrotherInIslam7 about Phuket).

Your city seems magnificent Masha Allah. Jazak Allah for sharing.

Wa Alaikum Salam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu,

Maha*

WOW, absolutely breath-taking mashaa Allah! No wonder my dad keeps saying he wants to go to the Maldives and learn the art of doing nothing. LOL. Now I know what he means and now I want to go.

revert2007

Love Fishing
Salaamalaikum..

Well it certainly isn't sadaqah, whether you give it with that intention or not. The workers should be pleased with what their employer pays them, whether it is sufficient for them or not. A tip is something that is given on will, it is not something that you are forced to give it in order to have a task performed.

It is a problem prevalent in many developing/poor countries including mine and the muslims need to be educated about the grievous sin of taking bribes or taking money that doesn't belong to them through authority (it is done 'by force' at times, give me bakshish or I am not doing your work).

If we are faced with such situations daily, we should try our utmost to avoid paying it, as paying 'bakshish' contributes to wide spread open corruption.

yes you are right brother.I dont mind paying LE1 or LE2 but sometimes we are forced to pay LE100..for example when by hubby bought a new car,he had to pay LE100 :(

Is it haram in islam?i searched that the tips is allowed as long as they deserve it and they work for it.in some countries people are getting sallary for not working.am not gonna mention which country.
but in egypt they work really hard and all of them are talented people.and i guess they really deserve it.1 pound or 2 pound is nothing.this money can help their kids and their family.it is a sadakah.

but it is our choice to give or not.

but when it comes to dealing with huge amount of money,then it is kindda a force.the tips depends on how much money u spend.huge money u sepnd,huge tips u hv to give a way.

i don't agree with this thing but i want my job to be done and Rm0.50 or
Rm 1.00 is nothing i guess

arzafar

maldiveeeeeeeees! here i come

NOT!

i think Thailand is also a great spot for vacations. the food maybe cack but there is a lot of adventure.

btw what is the immigration policy of maldives.
i can work for food.

sharazad

Sister
Assalam Alaikam, i wondered if anyone could recommend a destination for a holiday for me and my future hubby (after nikah of course) :) Insha'allah we are looking to go in Jan/Feb. I was looking at Morroco or Turkey but I don't really know which areas are good for holidays.

Jazakallah :)
:muslima:

Wa aleikum assalam :) I just got back from Morocco one month ago, and it was great! Am wondering about the weather in there in Jan/Feb, i heard it can be raining but also warm, but in general its cold.. Depending on the place too of course ! Inshallah you will have a nice trip where ever you go :)