Video Muslims in Texas - Islam in America

Mohd Akbar

Iqra

Assalamu'alaikum,
I am Faizul Abu Bakar from Malaysia. How are you? :)
I am amazed to see that many there are so many Muslims in US. Is there anything that I can help you to learn about Islam, please let me know. Perhaps I can learn from you too.

It is the sword of intellect. The sword that conquers the hearts and minds of people. The Qur’an says in Surah Nahl, chapter 16 verse 125:

’Invite (all) to the way of thy Lord
with wisdom and beautiful preaching;
and argue with them in ways that are
best and most gracious.’
[Al-Qur’an 16:125]

garubrahi

I am very happy

Assalam-o-Alaikum

I am very happy that more and more people are converting to Islam day by day.

Al-hamudulilahi

May the peace o Almighty to continue to cover all people in the world.

Thanks

Ibrahim Shehu Tijani
From Nigeria

mkrahman

Update news on Katherine

Salam everyone!

Just wanted to give all the viewers an update on me. Currently I am a pre-school teacher in Dallas. I love teaching the children good manners....especially the ones we practice as muslims!

I am also currently expecting twins in October, Humdullah! We are suppose to have 2 boys. So far we are going to name them Jonah and Noah. Please pray for us in a safe delievery of our little boys. Who knows....they could be the next great imams in the USA! Inshallah!

Well I hope you all are keeping well in health and iman!

ASA,

Katherine
:SMILY288:

thefighter

May Allah bless the twins and their parents for the best in this life and the Hereafter.
I really feel very proud for having the wish of making them the best 2 imams in USA.
However, being good Muslims is very great in a place like US.

your brother in Islam

aijou18

Masha Allah, Allahu Akbar!! I'm so touched and at the same time feel so ashamed. I am a muslim since i was born but my knowledge about islam so little. These people are so amazing, embracing islam in the country that most people don't understand about Islam but they still keep their faith. I want to learn from them, i want to learn more about Islam and live my life in Allah's path.

fakrudheen

About Oneness of God/Allah

About Oneness of God/Allah

Monotheism is the essence of Islam. To understand the purity and uniqueness of Islam, one must first study its concept of monotheism.

First, Muslims recognize that God alone is Divine, and that no entity nor being shares any of His powers or rights. "God created all things and He is the agent upon which all things depend." [39:62].

Second, and this is what distinguishes Islam from other faiths. Muslims must not violate the oneness of God in their worship and devotion. There is no praying to, nor through an intermediary, whether it be a prophet, priest, saint or idol. The Prophet made it clear to Muslims that there can only be one object of their worship-God/Allah. There can be no believing in horoscopes, and no fearing "unlucky" numbers. One should only pray to God, put all hope in God, love Him before all else, and only fear the wrath of God. "Do not worship besides God that which cannot help nor harm you." [21:66].

Third, Islamic monotheism also includes recognizing the perfect names and attributes of God, which He gave himself in the Qur'an. He is Ar-Rahman, the All-Merciful, He created beings in need of that mercy, namely, humans. He is Al-Adl, The Just, and therefore rewards and punishes according to what each person has earned. One cannot compare His love, mercy, wrath, sight, or any other characteristic to that of anyone or anything else. All of the attributes of humankind are created; the attributes of God are not created, but have always existed and are eternal.

One of the earliest revelations to Prophet Muhammad reads: "Say: He is Allah, the One, Allah, the Self-Sufficient Master upon Whom all depend, He begets not, nor is He begotten, and there is none who is comparable unto Him." [112: 1-4].

Another beautiful verse, known as 'The Verse of the Kursi/Footstool,' shows more of His attributes: "Allah! None has the right to be worshipped except He, the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists. Neither slumber nor sleep overtake Him. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His permission? He knows what happens to them (His creatures) in this world, and what will happen to them in the Hereafter. And they will never compass anything of His knowledge except that which He wills. His Kursi/footstool extends over the heavens and the earth, and He feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them. And He is the Most High, the Most Great." [2:255].

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

Welcome to the site,

Please check on youtube a debate between a muslim scholar and christian scholar just type in '''Ahmad Deedat'' or ''Shabir Ally'' or ''|Zaik Naik''

sham2008

Turning Muslim In Texas

Salam, I'm a muslim from Malaysia.Watching this video,really inspired me to be a better muslim.Watching you all guys,surviving,strengthening your faith and adapting your daily life in a non muslim country,make me realize how fortunate I am.To be born as a muslim,was a big rahmah from Allah (SWT),but things get really challenging nowadays.Wherever you are,there are these misconception and suspicion around us muslims.Even in my country (a muslim country),these misconception circling around us.The worst part,it was not coming from the non muslims but from muslims(by name) it self.So,I really hope all of my brothers and sisters (including myself),just keep holding and believing the Al-Quran and al-Hadith and we will make it through all these.Inshaallah.

taiyr

Assalamualeikum!

Assalamualeikum, i am from Kazakhstan. I watched the video above and it touched my hard. Allahu Akbar!!!!And as a Muslim, i am very happy to see that kind of people, such as Erik and his family became a Muslim, Subhanallah!! I wish for all muslims and also to Erik's family be happy, may Allah accept our dua. :tti_sister:

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
:salah:I'm quite doubtful whether this is a true picture or another Isralite conspiracy. Unlikely a moslem women including newly embrace moslem women will ever pray in jeans and T-Shirt? If it is true this is not Islamic. In Malaysia our women must wear specially tailored prayers attire called "telekung". Usually in white it covers whole body except face and the palms.

zainsmommy

:salah:I'm quite doubtful whether this is a true picture or another Isralite conspiracy. Unlikely a moslem women including newly embrace moslem women will ever pray in jeans and T-Shirt? If it is true this is not Islamic. In Malaysia our women must wear specially tailored prayers attire called "telekung". Usually in white it covers whole body except face and the palms.

Assalamu Aleikom
At first when I read your comment I thought you must not be serious because Surely a born Muslim must know the many trials and tribulations a person goes through when converting?! Surely a born Muslim must know that a convert is not always correct in many things when just learning Islam and need to be gently guided in most areas...and for you to leave such a comment about whomever it is in the video not being serious or real just seems like a joke to me.
I pray that you were not serious or meant to express something different and it came out wrong.

If you were in fact serious in your comment then I ask you dear Brother/Sister, please take a step back and think about your words. None of us are in a position to say if someone is serious or not about Islam and converting.

Converts need guidance and when they first start to learn Islam, they don't always do things properly. That is why it is up to us, Born Muslims and other converts, to gently teach them the proper way. I know of women who converted and at first didn't cover their hair...I did not scold them when I found this out, I did not say to myself-or them- that they must not be serious or are making a joke of Islam...instead I brought it up to them in a kind, respectful manner so as to NOT sound like I am pointing out their faults. I also know of a couple who upon converting wore shorts and a t-shirt while struggling through the fatihah Masha'Allah. I didn't say anything because they were telling me what they did after first converting. Of course they no longer do this because NOW they KNOW. They were guided by a very good Brother from Pakistan who was very patient with them. This Brother did not tell them they must wear Shalwar Kameez because that is how they dress in Pakistan, instead he just explained the manner in which was proper according to Sunnah.

So you see? By you immediately thinking the worst and immediately insulting the way they dress and even referring to how they dress in your home country, is very shocking to me and I would imagine to any NEW convert who comes here seeking answers and stumbles upon this video and your comment.

Converts have it very hard and we look up to those of you who are born Muslim. So please next time try to think about how you may sound when letting others know your opinion.

I beg you for forgiveness if I have hurt your feelings or caused you to become angry in my response to you...it is not my intention.

Wa AleikomSalam

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Hi everyone! Big Salam to all!

When I did this video I was was a muslim for about 5 months. They started filming in August 2003 and again another shoot in October 2003. I converted to islam in June 2003. I just started to desire to cover then in public in October. So when they filmed me in the first rounds, I was not covered. So please forgive me for that.

Sister, welcome to Islam. Always strive to do it right the first, the Islamic way. Salam.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Dear Zainsmommy, in no way you have hurt me..what you said all facts and I accept your criticism. Fyi, I'm a convert too. I've no intention to insult another convert because it is like insulting me and my wife who is also a convert. What I was asking is the video authentic? If yes, I would like to record my dissatisfaction to the one who guided these women into Islam for not teaching the right thing at the first time. You see, it is ok if one who just reverted to Islam did not cover her self, my wife was not for 2 years. At least, during prayers she did wear the proper attire from day 1 because our teachers showed us the way forward the Islamic way. Whatever it is, I still stand by my view that moslem men and women must wear a proper attire in prayers regardless they are new or not to Islam. I do daawa in my country where possible, surely I will not use this type of video to our women here because it may send a wrong message particularly on dresscode. Pls forgive me if my comment hurt the feelings of our sisters out there. I've no intention to insult my sisters I hope you respect my view. The rest is up to you.