my amazing experience

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaykum warahamatullah wabarakatuh brothers and sisters. I hope and pray that this post reaches you in the best of health/ Imaan

Alhamdulillah, today I had the opportunity to go to a place called "LifeWorks" near my house. I did not even know this place existed until a friend of mine took me there for a visit. This place is like no other, it is a facility that is a home for people with disability. These people do not have much, yet they are full of love and laughter. I am probably the first Muslim they've ever seen in real life but they welcomed me with open arms. I have fallen in love with the place and the kind of service they provide.
It was a humbling experience---sometimes I could not understand what they were trying to say, but I could see that my presence made them happy and it made me feel something I never felt inside. Brothers and sisters, these are people who do not have the blessings we have--yet many are happier than some of us. This made me reflect and contemplate. The truth is, we should be thankful for EVERYTHING that we have! Everything!
I have received kisses and hugs from strangers who now have a special place in my heart. Most of them will not remember my name, but I will forever remember the experience I have had with them.
I have realized that the mercy of Allah is great---and that we learn how to love and appreciate others through His kindness. These special people taught me a great lesson in life which is to appreciate what I have--be it small or large!
-----------------------------
I'd like to volunteer there during the summer, however I have a concern that I would like to get answer to. The place is a home to both men and women (with disability of course). I have had hugs and hand shakes from men---but I thought that it is fine because I thought they don't have "those feelings." I could be wrong, please let me know before I commit to volunteering there. Is it allowed to have physical contact with men who're physically and mentally disabled? Proof from Qur'an and Sunnah requested,

Jazaka'Allah khair,
---Your sister in Islam,:SMILY139:

muhammad sabri

:salam2: Dear sister,
I quote: “As for women past child bearing, who have no hope of marriage, it is no sin for them if they discard their (outer) clothing in such a way as not to show adornment. But to refrain is better for them. Allah is Hearer, Knower.” (An-Nur: 60)

You probably still are in the child bearing age so you should refrain from holding man's hands, but of course accidents inch'Allah are gonna be forgiven(if you ask of course :)).

And Allah knows best-
I Hope this helps even if just a little and may Allah swt increase us in knowledge in the right way and increase our love between each others as an ummah and as believers and also our love for our beloved Prophet Muhammad pbuh and our Most Beloved..Allah!swt :)
:wasalam:

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
:salam2: Dear sister,
I quote: “As for women past child bearing, who have no hope of marriage, it is no sin for them if they discard their (outer) clothing in such a way as not to show adornment. But to refrain is better for them. Allah is Hearer, Knower.” (An-Nur: 60)

You probably still are in the child bearing age so you should refrain from holding man's hands, but of course accidents inch'Allah are gonna be forgiven(if you ask of course :)).

And Allah knows best-
I Hope this helps even if just a little and may Allah swt increase us in knowledge in the right way and increase our love between each others as an ummah and as believers and also our love for our beloved Prophet Muhammad pbuh and our Most Beloved..Allah!swt :)
:wasalam:

:wasalam: akhi,

I think I was not clear with my question....? my concern is not whether or not I should shake hands/hug men in general which I know to be haraam. However, my concern is about people with disability who happen to be of the opposite gender---a lot of them are like children in behavior and their cognitive ability. So, I was wondering if it is OK for me to volunteer with them knowing that they will be some physical contact between me and them? I hope my question is clear now??

muhammad sabri

:salam2: Dear sister i'm sorry i didnt understand your question now i can answer inch'Allah in the best of ways.
Your actions are like curing a sick, and there is a hadith that regards this status of women:

A hadeeth which describes Muslim women at the beginning of Islam practising a profession was narrated by Hafsah, concerning a woman who used to treat the wounded. Al-Bukhaari, may Allaah have mercy on him, reported in his Saheeh that Hafsah said: “A woman came and stayed at the fort of Bani Khalaf, and told us about her sister. Her sister’s husband used to go out on military campaigns with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He had been on twelve campaigns, and she (his wife) had accompanied him on six. She said, ‘We used to treat the wounded and take care of the sick…’” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, no. 313).

So your status is that of someone curing another person, you're curing people's hearts and minds from evil thoughts so keep on doing it, bkeep pure and do your best to achieve Allah's love in the best of ways befitting a Muslimah! :)
-AND ALLAH KNOWS BEST-
:wasalam: -Peace dear sister