My dad wants to leave us to punish us...HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mosque51

:salam2:

Yesterday my sisters were fighting and I was talking to my oldest sister and I told her that she cannot act or talk the way she is doing and I told her that I can punish her for that. And then she said something that made me angry , and while she was using my dads laptop, I closed shut the computer screen and she wanted to open it back and ..to make short I did something that destroyed the computer. I didnt mean to spoil his computer I was angry of what my sister said and tried to stop her from using the computer. And now because of that, my dad wants to sell the house and leave us. And he said he wants to leave us to punish us , the children, for the other mistakes that we did in the past. And then he also said that the laptop incident wasnt the only problem that influenced his decision. He said his not happy with his life , his job, the house etc.... Tell me is this right ? Just leave us like that ? What are the family rights in the US?

Pls do respond ASAP

Mosque51

Just to add to the above, my mother doesnt want to leave my dad because she loves him too much and my dad still insist he wants leave.

and also can I kill myself situation? to stop the problem

revert2007

Love Fishing
assalamualikum
well brother am very sad to hear this but just to make
u feel better,i hv to say this.many families have problems and there is no single family without problem.there are even some families where the father killed thechildren n the wife and so on.

If a man fear Allah s.w.t, inshaAllah he will never hurt others coz he doesnt want to be hurt in hell fire...That is the reason the iman is very important to control our anger and to make wise decision.

for every bad thing that happens...there is hikmah(benefit from Allah) behind it.Allah knows why this is happening.

since ur in the US,perhaps u can make a report about ur father and see action they might take.

this is the time u really need Allah and He test u to see how obedient u are.turn to Him coz no matter how man sisters and brithers reply to ur thread and make u feel better,no one can help u except Allah.
this is the final day of ramadan.make strong dua especially on 21st/23rd/27th of ramadan....make very very strong dua and tell Allah what u want in urlife.inshaAllah He will grant ur wish.inshaAllah i will remember u in my dua.assalamualikum

revert2007

Love Fishing
killing ones self is not forgiven by Allah and if u did u will never make it to jannah.urlife is not belong to u but Allah and only He has the rights to take it from u....as a muslim..dont even hv this thought in ur mind...see how u are fortunate compared to the children in Gaza...always see the people who are unfortunate than u and dont see the people better tahn u coz u will never be happy this way.be thankful to Allah of what u have now.think the right solution and the best u can do is to be very supportive to ur mother coz she needs u more than u need her.she has been with ur father more than u hv been and the pain is more for her.plz help her in finding the guidance and make dua for her.

p.s:i assume that ur a revert and ur parents are not.plz let me know if they are muslim too

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o aliakum brother,
i seriously am not sure what cud be done? ... pray alot and try to ask ur dad to change his mind and maybe make changes around the house that wud make him less tense, also try to apologize to him, basicaly i think u just need to talk .... just not sure wat else can be done :S

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Asalamo alikom :)

selling a house in this market is not easy!!! and for a house to be sold, takes time...

i think your father is trying to wake you and your sisters up and start acting more proper, scaring you in a way to keep you, wa Allah a3lam...

only thing you can do is to watch your own actions, be as good muslim you can.. ask Allah to guide you and your family...

don't worry too much, if you fear and love Allah, He will guide you... Always make dua and never stop or get tired...

May Allah guide your family and all muslims to the right path

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

Thinking that killing yourself will fix this problem is completely irrational. Will it repair your father's laptop? Will it change his mind? I seriously doubt it. Honestly it sounds like there is a much deeper issue at play, men just don't pick up and leave because their kids are acting immature.

Firstly you are a child and cannot control the actions of your parents. They need to sort this between themselves and work it out. There isn't any advice anyone can give you on this board since this isn't an issue that you have any control over. If your father leaves, you can't bring him back, only he can make that decision and your mother is the main person that has influence over him. Let them sort this out and stick to your duas. You do need to apologize for breaking his property and ask if there is a way you can earn money to buy him a new one. (maybe chores around the house or a part time job for teenagers)

Mosque51

But is it right just leave us like that? Just because he's not happy with his life and breaking the laptop is what triggered all of this ..is this right? And my dad is very stubborn hhes not going to talk he already made his decision.

ShyHijabi

But is it right just leave us like that? Just because he's not happy with his life and breaking the laptop is what triggered all of this ..is this right? And my dad is very stubborn hhes not going to talk he already made his decision.

Like I said, I think there is more to this situation than him being angry at a broken laptop. Most likely there is something else going on that you are unaware of. It is not our place to judge your father's actions and frankly I don't see how bringing this up on a message board is constructive.

No one knows what tomorrow brings and you don't know if he will truly leave or not. Who;s to say he doesn't change his mind and return after he cool soff. Who's to say your mother and he won't talk things out and find a solution? You don't know the future and no one else here does either. I think you should at least step away from the computer and go comfort your mother until this situation gets sorted.

Mosque51

Like I said, I think there is more to this situation than him being angry at a broken laptop. Most likely there is something else going on that you are unaware of. It is not our place to judge your father's actions and frankly I don't see how bringing this up on a message board is constructive.

No one knows what tomorrow brings and you don't know if he will truly leave or not. Who;s to say he doesn't change his mind and return after he cool soff. Who's to say your mother and he won't talk things out and find a solution? You don't know the future and no one else here does either. I think you should at least step away from the computer and go comfort your mother until this situation gets sorted.

I dont think my mother will feel any comfort knowing that my dad will leave.

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
salam ya brother.. May Allah gives your family peace and love again, and inshaallah you ll be able to create strong relations again..

Only I could think to give a bit time to your father, he needs to take some breath I guess.. Let him to stay a bit alone and make empty his mind. And in that period pray a lot. Time to time speak with him slowly and express him you all need him and love him..

Inshaallah everything will be the best for all of your family ya brother .

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
ya allah! i cannot believe it....
why did your dad do like this....
sit and speak to your dad politely, and ask him whats wrong, ak him that why isn't he happy with you all.....
dont tell him to punish you.....
ya allah i will pray for you..this is really going too wrong...
why is he doing like this?.......first come to know the problem of your father, that why is he so dippresed, there might be a problem..
this is really miserable

AISHA14

allah is my lord
help him out

Just to add to the above, my mother doesnt want to leave my dad because she loves him too much and my dad still insist he wants leave.

and also can I kill myself situation? to stop the problem

no wait was your father like this from the starting like not liking your family and all ,and if he was good before then i think your father is dippressed, because of some reason .and may be you poeple must create more love in your home. like making new dishes for your father and act very politly and very nice to him. no mater what he deose just try this........... i am damn sure he will cry out and share his tentions with you and may be indirectly he might ask for forgiveness to you people. may be he is feeling very lonely in your family and may be he is searchng for love out side the house. and i think he is very thirsty for love and he is expressing it with you people in anger, usually parents do that ,and he might not be satisfied with love at your home may be he needs more love.:(
please help him please allah willl reward you for this
and please you children shouldnt get sad this is lifes test by allah and allah sees how well you handle it with love . i know how you children are feeling ,i was also in your condition but we sisters showed so much love towards our dad, that even if my father hated it we did it ............we did it for months and now alhumdllila he loves us
try to search out your fathers heart and love him please help him for the sake of allah.
help him please
help him
if he shows hatred you dont show it back please

remeber he was the one who gave his earinigs to feed you when you were kids
andeven he feed you in his life only once then also please this is time to serve him please hlp him out

AISHA14

allah is my lord
please

I dont think my mother will feel any comfort knowing that my dad will leave.

i can see your anger in this msg please brother, remeber show love to your dad not hatred and anger. i seroiusly beg you .... dont do this you children must solve this atleast for your own mother please be nice to him and polite and very caring and loving towards him please
iam very sure that your father is having lots of tentions and he isnt geting sufficient love from you guys....... please dont do this. please!!!!!
:tti_sister:

zbhotto

Banned
Check it out

Check out to whom your father is most obedient. There must be someone in everyone's life whom they obey the most. Go to him/her and discuss the situation. It would help. I personally face this type of problems in my life several times, but my elder brothers and father are very submissive to our imam. In every problem of our family our imam helps a lot.

ROOMANA

That's bad.

that is very sad but be brave brother and try to talk to your father and tell him that you and your family love him so much. you need him. sometimes parents also need the words from there children to express their love for them. ALLAH BLESS YOU.

marakanda

Hello.it is very bad story ,byt you have to be closer to your mother and your sister ,and may be if i can say like this try understand your father may be he has a bad time and he need the time to be alone.but after he will understand
that his famaly is the best treasure in the word .and i think he knows this. i ve never seen my father but i very love him and pray about him every time.
please dont be sad.every thing is gona be ok ,gust never give up beliving.