My family won't even come to my wedding

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu alaikum,

Akhi, your post is bitter yet sweet...I say that because it contains both good news and bad news. Your post just melted my heart....subhana'Allaah. Islam truly began as a strange thing and at this moment its in the second phase of strangeness! subhana'Allaah.
Hold your head up high...because you have all of us but above all.......YOU HAVE ALLAH, the one and only who you have left everything behind and who in return will give you much better things in here and the hereafter.
CONGRATS dear brother....may Allaah bless your wedding!

lifeisislam

assalamualikum bro ,

bro look on to the brighter side u might not have ur family inshallah one day they'l be there with u for the reason of u being muslim , but look u have allah swt's blessings and alhamdulillah a really caring wife to be who after knowing everything has excepted u , and dont forget u have tti family with u :) , so dont worry inshallah everything will be fine just concentrate in islam and to make ur marriage better by giving all the love and care to ur wife to be .

arzafar

actually that is a good sign. It shows that you are a good Muslim. See the thread on why faslehood hates the truth.

But i can understand your feelings. You could celebrate your wedding with other muslims.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamua'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh Brother Daniel,

I havent been posting in a while due to a few factors, but seems like I couldnt resist from posting in your thread.

Just know that, our warmest congratulations will always be with you along with our prayers that May you have a blissful wedding and a solehaah wife that will eventually lead you and your family to the path of Jannaah, inshaAllaah.

Dont be despair, Brother, because truthfully, I am fully convinced that Allaah is with you with every hardships and difficult decisions that you made Lillahi Ta'ala.

InshaAllaah, you'll experience a wonderful, unforgettable moment on your wedding day.

(If you or your-wife-to-be happen to cry on that day, dont be ashamed of it!) :wink:

Was-salaam.

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
:salam2:

See brother do not feel sad, we all love your for the sake of Allah. I wish I could attend your wedding in person and fill my tummy with delicacies on your Walima. :)

myAllahguideme

Dont be sad bro!! Allah is with u! this theard really touched my heart( be happy that u fund somone that is oke of your past and is waiteng to be your wife congratletion) not many pll find that kind of a wifey.i know family is a big thing of being somone, but if i was u i woud not be in need of them, if they are not in need of me just bcuz of wrong reasons...

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
The brothers and sisters of TTI are with you in spirit, Akhi. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala make this a joyous occasion for both you and the sister and may He fill your marital life with all the blessings of this world and the next.

DanyalSAC

JazakumAllah khairyn my brothers and sisters for your wonderful posts. They have certainly brightened my outlook!

a_stranger

:salam2: brother

Let us think of the coming day when we all return to our creator Allah subhanahu wa taala how wonderful will be those acts you have done following the sunna of our beloved prophet salla Allah alaihi wa sallam may Allah bless you and your wife and accept all your good deeds. :salah: I think you and your guidance is a sign(Aaya( of Allah

hijabi_sis

Walykumuslaam warahmatullah wabarkatuhu....

Brother stay firm in what you believe.... your family is a test for you, and remeber no problem is Greater than Allah.... Breathe in faith and breathe out fear inshAllah..... May Allah grant you ease and may He soften your familys heart ameen! i just want you to remember:
"IF THE WHOLE WORLD IS PLEASED WITH YOU AND ALLAH IS NOT, THEN WHAT HAVE YOU GAINED? AND IF ALLAH IS PLEASED WITH YOU AND THE WHOLE WORLD IS NOT THEN WHAT HAVE YOU LOST? " (Ahmed ibn Hanbal) subhanAllah!

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
Asalaamu alaikum...

But...I'm the convert who when I stand among all my born Muslim friends I'm the only beard, the only non-tight jeans... so I'm the "extremist".

Sorry I'm very upset, subhanuAllah.

:wasalam: Brother,
Alhamdulillah that Allah has helped you to be steadfast up until now. May Allah Ta’ala continue to guide you and grant you patience in practising Islam. Ameen.

This is an extract of a Khutbah and it really helps to read this at a time like this as it serves as a reminder. Please do read, inshAllah.

:bismillah:

O Muslims! Steadfastness upon the right way, maintaining oneself upon the straight path and avoiding other paths which lead one astray, are indications of wisdom and good sense in a person. The highest rank of steadfastness is upholding oneself upon Islaam and protecting the heart from fluctuating.

For this reason, the fear of straying away from the right path was the main concern of the people of proper understanding and the way of those with sound minds and those firmly grounded in knowledge, those who desire for themselves means of access to their Lord, fear His punishment and hope for His mercy. Allaah mentioned in the Qur’aan how they supplicate and ask His help to remain steadfast and keep away from deviation as in the verse, which means,

“It is He, Who has sent down to you the Book. In it are Verses that are entirely clear, they are the foundations of the Book (verses including commandments and penal laws); and others not entirely clear. So as for those on whose hearts there is a deviation they follow that which is not entirely clear thereof, seeking trials and seeking its hidden meanings, but none knows its hidden meanings except Allaah. And those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say, ‘We believe in it, the whole of it is from our Lord’. And none receive admonition except men of understanding. (They say) Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us, and grant us from Your Mercy. Truly, You are the Bestower” (Aal ‘Imraan: 7-8).

Slaves of Allaah! This supplication which reflects humility and humbleness to Allaah, was the supplication of the best of creation, our Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam. Uttering this supplication is an indication of perfect imitation of the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam, as ‘Um Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with her, said, ‘The Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam used to repeatedly say this supplication, “O Controller of the hearts! Make my heart steadfast upon Your religion” so I asked him, ‘O Prophet of Allaah! Do hearts fluctuate?’ He said, “Yes, all mankind’s hearts are between two of the fingers of Allaah. If Allaah wills He maintains a man’s steadfastness, and if He wills He deviates him” (Ahmad & Tirmithi).

I hope it helped.:wasalam:

aisha16

Assalamu Allaykum,

That's really sad to hear. You'd think your family would love you no matter what. But Insha'Allah don't let that get you down. Brush it off and just feel happy knowing that you have found that special person. Hope you feel better and keep the faith brother.

Ma Saalama!

MalikBrother

:salam2:

You must be sad right now, but don't give up on your family. They will come through, and you must stand firm. This is just test and especially revert Muslim like you are, and if you stand firm in belief, and keep praying. Everything will get better. Who knows because of your strength in faith, your love, your tolerate and your character that force your family to think. If they start to think and yearn for truth, then they will be guided to Islam Insha'Allah!

You must be there and be smile even if they treat you badly. After all, they are your family, aren't they? Be strong, sister!