My Introduction..........

aSmileAday

OK.....So I feel rather nervous posting anything ( I just spent the last 10 minutes on whether to say hey, hi, hello, asalaam alaykum, good evening, salaam, etc, whatever) This is my first post on any Islamic website, and I feel like such a goober because it shouldn't be a big deal, right? I'm 27, raised Christian, had way too many problems with it, and for the past 15 years or so have had no religion to "claim".....And I've always kept God somewhere in my life, just never where He should of been. And if there was one thing that was consistently beat into my head was if you dont believe (in this case whatever the Christians decided to preach about that day) you were goin to hell, and hell this and hell that, and ever since a child all i've heard about was the end of days. And thats always stuck with me. And I just really feel like I have put it off long enough, God isn't gonna wait on me forever, especially after I have been so ungrateful to Him, and I just really need and want to come back closer to Him. Forgive me for rambling. After all that being said-sorry for the sob story-for a little over a year now I have been more and more interested in Islam. And the more I read, the more I want to know. And any questions I have are just minor because it seems like things explain themself.
I watch things on youtube all the time about people converting to Islam, and I just get so emotional because I just feel happy I guess, and my heart tells me, this is what you really want.....And I don't know what I'm waiting for. So if theres anyone out there that can just kinda help me, if there's something (besides the Q'uran) that I should read, something I can do to get involved really I just dont know....
I hope this looong drawn out post find all of you well, and thank you again for listening.
God Bless

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Hello there and WELCOME!

Oh wow, i'm impressed and happy. One, you are from Ohio as i am. So I'm quiet excited. Two, you talk like a muslim. You have faith in God, which pretty amazing. You are muslim by heart. God bless you! If you have read the qur'an, then you can move on and learn other books such as the saying of the prophet Peace be upon him and study the biography of the prophet. And make sure you make the right choices fast. You could be as nervous as you like but eventually it'll pass. We all get butterflies in our stomachs. But don't be scared.:D Welcome again.

aSmileAday

"you talk like a muslim" I take it as a compliment....
"you could be as nervous as you like but eventually it'll pass" (eh, get over it!) lololol, thank you for the encouragement and making me smile (and the quick reply!!)

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Oh wonderful! You are very welcome, just happy to a help a fellow sister.

I have got a link for you. It's the biography Prophet Muhammed pbuh http://mohammad.islamway.com/.

Muahammed the last prophet that God has sent. Some them were Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Noah, Jacob, Isaac etc...

Qur'an translation online:www.quranexplorer.com

So where in Ohio are you from?

MutlekM

:salam2:
Welcome sorry I usually have small comments since I dont have much to say. and welcome again.
Peace:)

aSmileAday

ok good, i'll check out the biography, I have a translation of the Q'uran already, and its surprisingly very easy to read, not confusing at all.....I like it very much...I'm in Akron, u??

aSmileAday

lol, awww Mutlek! I appreciate any comments, big or small, and dont be sorry for it, thank you for reading and welcoming me.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Columbus,soon God willing, i'll move Newark. I'm glad you find it very easy. I'm not online here most of the time but there are a lot wonderful folks that we'll help you out. It happens that they are not online mostly at this time. So if you have any questions just remember to ask.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Also, to clear something out, when i said "sister" I hope i didn't freaked you out and you didn't like "what? i have sister?". It's just that we muslims call each other "sister" and "brother" because in the qur'an God says: "The believers are but a single brotherhood: So make peace between them:...." 49:10 So even though you are not a muslim yet, i do hope that you one day become one. Don't file for DNA! lol:D

Sister Zaynab:hearts:

aSmileAday

hahahahaha girl! (-er sister) I said I was procrastinatin not ignorant!!! lolol, ur too funny, and don't worry bout the DNA thing, I gotcha!!

aSmileAday

Mutlekm, sorry, for some reason my reply didnt go thru....I appreciate any reply, big or small, and thank you for reading & welcoming me!!!

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Hi and welcome to TTI.

I hope you'll benefit and learn more and more about Islam here (Im sure you will) :)

Anyways God willing when the time comes, you will be a Muslimah. Keep on searching for the inner peace. We are more than happy to help you. Yeah sister Zaynab is right, you are like already a Muslim by heart :wink:

Take care now.

:SMILY259:

Hudda

:SMILY206::SMILY206: to TTY my sister! The Allah that has guided you here may He guide you to Islam.
There are so many sites for you to check out..
but for now my advise to you is learn the Quran and the Sunnah of our beloved Prophet Mohamed May Peace and blessing be upon him. "The Seraah" this means the Biography and the way the Prophet lived.
May Allah guide us all in the correct path.:SMILY206: again. Feel free to ask anything and god willing some one will have an answer for you!

aSmileAday

aiysa, this is where im slightly confused. The whole "inner peace". My problem, 2 of them actually, 1: i take religion (and God, but that goes without saying) seriouslly and i guess that isnt really a "problem", but 2: I am absolutely terrified, petrified of going to hell. And when I read the Q'uran, and i watch videos and read articles, I dont feel like anything is missing anymore, I feel like things are gonna be ok, I don't feel that emptiness....But at the same time, because I take religion so seriouslly, and my fear of hell, I'm so scared that even doing what I feel in my heart is right, something will happen and basically God will be like haha, u were wrong.....And coming from a religion that makes you try to be perfect (perfection based on each individuals interpretations of a book thats been interpreted idk how many times) I guess I'm scared I'll mess it up....

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
I hope this helps!

Hello!

I got a little teary eyed when I read that you get emotional when you see people accepting Islam. InshaAllah you will be next...I hope so anyway. May Allah guide you to not only the right religion(Islam), but also everything else in life, Amin.Okay, if you need to learn about Islam in general you must, and I mean MUST! check out this online islamic university. It is just wonderful. It offers free short courses, which discuss the core values of Islam. It covers pretty much all the basics of Islam and beyond. I have benefitted so much from these courses. The website was created by Bilal Philips, a convert to Islam:) May Allah bless him, he is doing so much for people by sharing his knowledge.

here's the link, hope it helps inshaAllah.
[http://islamiconlineuniversity.com

aSmileAday

Hudda: (sorry, I reply individually instead of all at once, its just more personal this way....even tho everyones reading it, lol)
Thank you (all of you) for making me feel welcomed. And once I finish the Q'uran, I will be sure to get the Biography.....

aSmileAday

Dear Frank:
I have been reading and watching soooo many things especially this past 2 months, so forgive me if I'm wrong. But I think it was you, whose post I read and you took your (Shahada?) in December?? If it was you, I'm happy for you, if it wasn't for you, obviouslly you're still a convert so, congratulations anyway & thanks for the message, lol

aSmileAday

lol, Ni'Mah, I'm glad I'm not the only emotional one!! I was over here blubbering and couldnt even see what I was typing!! and i cant stand when I get emotional!!! And thank you for the link.....Like I said, I've spent a little over a year now, reading more and more, and I'm familiar with the 5 Pillars of Islam, and I think there's like 6 Pillars of Faith or something....idk, it's been a while since i read my "Islam for Dummies" Book......But it's a lot, to retain, and retain it correctly.....