My Introduction

KeanuCordero

Asalamu-Alaikum !

I came to Islam in an unfortunate situation. I was 16 and my life was mayhem. I was into smoking weed, drinking, stealing and so on, I was confused with no knowledge of Islam but what the media portrayed. I was put in a juvenile detention center for 3 weeks. Within that time I read the entire New Testament of the Bible, I never grew up on any religion, my mom had said we were Christian but we never practiced it or went to church, so this was something new to me. But one thing i can say is my mother never taught me that Jesus was God. This part will come in later in the story. I started praying a lot but I only prayed to God. I went home In time for Christmas which was good at the time because I had missed Thanksgiving with my family. I was on monitored house arrest and slipped up, got high, cut my gps bracelet off and went on the run. I ended up with nowhere to really stay, even with all the friends I had. So I decided to turn myself in. I ended up at a Youth Development Center in Loysville, Pa. I spent 6 months there and in that time I started charging as a person. The campus had a church and so I had started going every wednesday. There was a pastor there who taught us the bible, and he always did a closing prayer. In his prayer we all participated and I had noticed he only prayed to Jesus. So to me this was strange to hear, and so the following day I started reading books about religion in the school. I read about Islam and I was amazed at how drawn I was to it. It was nothing like it was portrayed to be. So I started reading more privately, about Islam. I had starting reading a Noble Qur'an loaned from a friend and in the back it explained the big question that was on my mind since the time I was at that church. I wanted to know why that pastor only prayed to Jesus but left God out of the picture. I read about the Trinity made up of 3 Gods Jesus, The Holy Spirit, and God and thought that this was crazy. I couldn't believe the God would come into a form of a human being, something completely under him. So I asked a Muslim friend about what his beliefs were. He started explaining things to me that made perfect sense. One day they needed workers to clean the school and so I was chosen along with someone that I later convinced into to reverting to Islam. I found a big text book called What Islam Is About and asked the librarian if I could keep it, when she told me I could,I couldn't wait to finish the job and go read it. I read it everyday, studying and asking questions to other Muslims, and they were all welcoming. I started to go to the Muslim services on wednesdays and decided I wanted to finally do my Shahada but the Imam told me it would be better if I did it while I was home in my community. I thought that he didn't believe I really wanted to become a Muslim as if I was doing it because everybody else was Muslim (There were a lot of Muslim residents from Philadelphia) Even I could identify the ones who converted just to say they are a Muslim. But I'm sure I convinced him after I showed him how much I knew about Islam (though it was basics of Islam) and how much I studied. I learned my prayers within a week and when I did it felt so good bowing to Allah on my own, I took my whole stay as a blessing, because it took me from a bad place and introduced me to Allah, and I am forever thankful to Allah. Islam made me a smarter person, though I may sin and miss prayers now, I know in my heart how much I love Allah and I know he knows. I came to this site to be in a community amongst people of peace, who can teach me things.

You can judge me but Allah knows my intentions, what I think about the world, what I want for the world. Even though I make mistakes, my life was predetermined and I can't live life with regrets. I know Allah hears my prayers.

Majzoob

Wa alaikum salam brother,

Masha Allah what a heart touching story. jazak Allah khayr for sharing with us. Congratulations for becoming a Muslim...surely Allah has chosen you towards HIS light. May Allah make learning and practice easy for you. May HE bless you abundantly.

Welcome to TTI.

Wasalam,

esperanza

revert of many years
a really inspiring story,may Allah guide you and make you stronger,im sure you will find this site will help you inshalla

Al-Imraan

Salaamu alaykum

:SMILY206:
Brother U need any tips or any guides ask me
welcome to TTI
Welcome to The Religion of Submission
Welcome to Islam My dear brother

Allah Please Bless The reverts and this brother who was Righteous and calm and one of the good ones
الله يبارك الرجاء يعود وشقيقه الذي كان هذا البار والهدوء واحدة من الجيدة منها
allah Please let him be in the janna
الله واسمحوا له أن يكون في السماء
Allah please protect him from the NAAR
الرجاء الله يحميه من الجحيم

Ameen
آمين

:wasalam::ma::hearts::):SMILY346::muslim_child:
:wasalam:

mahaseeb

Asalamualikum..

Masahallah brother.. welcom to deen al-islam.May allah bless you dear brother ameen

Ma salam
Abdul Haseeb

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Salaam alaykum bro,

No one here will judge you. They may try to tell you ways to improve your life and deen, but its only because they love you for the sake of Allah and they only want the best for you. None of us are perfect, but we can only strive to please Allah subhana wa ta ala and gain his mercy.

I am a revert too alhamdulilah, please be very careful to who you make ties with. There are a lot of groups out there, as well as sects, which do not follow the Qur'an and Sunnah and may try to bring you into their group. Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, left us two things: The noble Qur'an and his example. With these 2 things, you will never go astray.

:shahadah:

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Asalamu-Alaikum !

I came to Islam in an unfortunate situation. I was 16 and my life was mayhem. I was into smoking weed, drinking, stealing and so on, I was confused with no knowledge of Islam but what the media portrayed. I was put in a juvenile detention center for 3 weeks. Within that time I read the entire New Testament of the Bible, I never grew up on any religion, my mom had said we were Christian but we never practiced it or went to church, so this was something new to me. But one thing i can say is my mother never taught me that Jesus was God. This part will come in later in the story. I started praying a lot but I only prayed to God. I went home In time for Christmas which was good at the time because I had missed Thanksgiving with my family. I was on monitored house arrest and slipped up, got high, cut my gps bracelet off and went on the run. I ended up with nowhere to really stay, even with all the friends I had. So I decided to turn myself in. I ended up at a Youth Development Center in Loysville, Pa. I spent 6 months there and in that time I started charging as a person. The campus had a church and so I had started going every wednesday. There was a pastor there who taught us the bible, and he always did a closing prayer. In his prayer we all participated and I had noticed he only prayed to Jesus. So to me this was strange to hear, and so the following day I started reading books about religion in the school. I read about Islam and I was amazed at how drawn I was to it. It was nothing like it was portrayed to be. So I started reading more privately, about Islam. I had starting reading a Noble Qur'an loaned from a friend and in the back it explained the big question that was on my mind since the time I was at that church. I wanted to know why that pastor only prayed to Jesus but left God out of the picture. I read about the Trinity made up of 3 Gods Jesus, The Holy Spirit, and God and thought that this was crazy. I couldn't believe the God would come into a form of a human being, something completely under him. So I asked a Muslim friend about what his beliefs were. He started explaining things to me that made perfect sense. One day they needed workers to clean the school and so I was chosen along with someone that I later convinced into to reverting to Islam. I found a big text book called What Islam Is About and asked the librarian if I could keep it, when she told me I could,I couldn't wait to finish the job and go read it. I read it everyday, studying and asking questions to other Muslims, and they were all welcoming. I started to go to the Muslim services on wednesdays and decided I wanted to finally do my Shahada but the Imam told me it would be better if I did it while I was home in my community. I thought that he didn't believe I really wanted to become a Muslim as if I was doing it because everybody else was Muslim (There were a lot of Muslim residents from Philadelphia) Even I could identify the ones who converted just to say they are a Muslim. But I'm sure I convinced him after I showed him how much I knew about Islam (though it was basics of Islam) and how much I studied. I learned my prayers within a week and when I did it felt so good bowing to Allah on my own, I took my whole stay as a blessing, because it took me from a bad place and introduced me to Allah, and I am forever thankful to Allah. Islam made me a smarter person, though I may sin and miss prayers now, I know in my heart how much I love Allah and I know he knows. I came to this site to be in a community amongst people of peace, who can teach me things.

You can judge me but Allah knows my intentions, what I think about the world, what I want for the world. Even though I make mistakes, my life was predetermined and I can't live life with regrets. I know Allah hears my prayers.

Assalmu alykum brother,
Alhamdulillah!That is a very beautiful narration and really inspiring mashaAllah!
Welcome to Islam and welcome to TTI! :)

Allah guided you to the truth and brought you out of darkness of kufr towards light.As Allah says in the Qur'an in Surah Al Baqarah [2:257]"Allah is the ally of those who believe. He brings them out from darknesses into the light......"
If you walk towards Allah,He will run towards you.

There might be many trials for you in your life ahead as life is full of trials and tests,in fact life is a collection of events and we are tried in each and every event Allah tells us:

Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: "We believe," and will not be tested.Surat Al-`Ankabūt [29:2]

Every soul will taste death. And We test you with evil and with good as trial; and to Us you will be returned. Surat Al-'Anbyā' [21:35]

You will surely be tested in your possessions and in yourselves. And you will surely hear from those who were given the Scripture before you and from those who associate others with Allah much abuse. But if you are patient and fear Allah - indeed, that is of the matters [worthy] of determination. Surat 'Āli `Imrān [3:186]

I advice you to stay strong,be patient and steadfast in these times of trials and tests.

O you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with the patient. Surat Al-Baqarah[2:153]

O you who have believed, persevere and endure and remain stationed and fear Allah that you may be successful. Surat 'Āli `Imrān[3:200]

Lastly,take one step at a time do not make haste in learning,learning is a gradual process.Clear your basics first inshaAllah,then gradually move further inshaAllah.Be slow yet steady inshaAllah.

May Allah guide you and me and bless you.Ameen.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Welcome Back To Islam!brother.

Assalamu'alaikum!

[url=http://www.glitter-graphics.com] [/URL]
[url=http://www.familylobby.com] [/URL]

Masha'allah!
Alhamdulillah!
Welcome Back To Islam!
brother.

Thank you
for giving us the honor
sharing your journey and getting your hidayah into Islam.
Masha'allah!
Amazing story.

The only thing that i regret was that this 'person' shouldn't object taking the honour to witness your confession 'the Shahadah' into Islam but instead just to delay it until you are home and within your community!

This is because:
To say the Shahadah 'the faster the better' rather than delaying it for another time for anything will happen that will change your true intention and destiny!

Reason:
That since you are a non muslim that need to embrace Islam and any good person/people especially an imam will be very suitable to be the witness to your conversion:witnessing you taking your shahadah at that instance.

Then
Once you are back home what the only thing you need is:
to report yourself to the muslim's community and to follow up the necessary .

In this situation,
1)you may make any of your muslim's friend to be your witness in your conversion to Islam.
2)Report to your Islamic's council/mosque for follow up.

I took it as you have already undergo the process of taking the shahadah.
Alhamdulillah!

Now,
move yourself closer to reach Allah swt the ar Rahman and ar Rahiim:SMILY252:

Know and learn the beautiful Islam.
Masha'allah!

~May Allah swt help and guide you~Amin!

Welcome To TTI brother.
So glad to have you here with us~Alhamdulillah!

──█▀▀█───█──────────
──█▄▄▄─█─█─▄──────────▀▀█────▄───█▀▀─
─▄▄▄▄█─█─█▄█▄▄▄▄█▀█───▄▄█▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄─
─────▄▄█───▄────█▄█─────────▄─▄──────

To
you And to
All My Family In Islam.

Take Care!
~Wassalam

Hatty

Mashallah brother. Thanks for sharing your story with us. I pray that you enjoy your experience here...Ameen...

:ma:! congratulations for becoming a muslim! may allah make your life as smooth as silk!and may allah grant you jannah!Ameen!:tti_sister: