My journey back to Islam

Decart

Assalamu alaikum.. Hello everyone..

I'm glad to be in this lovely Islamic forum and hope to be an active member here..

Even though I was born in an Arab Muslim family, doubts, unanswered questions and confusion had overcome my faith in my early youth, I started to lose my faith in Islam gradually, I stopped praying, and I reached the depressing state in which I lost my faith in the existence of God. I found myself irreligious and with no higher goal nor a method to guide my life. I was almost certain that I can't be a Muslim again so I started looking for other ideas or religions that might match what I feel is right.

I stayed like this for a long miserable time, until God has blessed me with an overwhelmingly beautiful and life-saving gift. I read the writings of an Arab Muslim thinker that skillfully touched my heart and occupied my mind. At first I was reading his Islamic articles motivated by curiosity and I found them increasingly interesting. I read some of his long debates with Atheists and non-muslims and I couldn’t help myself agreeing with his Islamic ideas and his sound reason and moral arguments. Almost all my doubts and questions about the existence of God and the truth of Islam were gradually clearing up, I don't exactly know how but they were almost gone. I hadn't decided to be a Muslim and surrender my life to God yet, but I started to think like a Muslim and judge all other ideas and methods by the Quranic view. I found myself feeling that Islam is true, that it offers the highest moral and most logical method of life. After I realized that I was almost completely occupied by the ideas of that Muslim writer, and that my faith in God is restored, I made up my mind and prayed my first prayer alone in my room, it was an Isha prayer. After years of confusion and doubts I was finally able prostrate to God.

I owe my regaining of faith and founding the right path in life to the Merciful God, then to this anonymous Muslim thinker who writes by the nickname : الوراق "Al-warraq". That's why I intended to learn more English during the last 3 years or so to be able to translate his writings to the world, hoping that they will help people to find the path of God as they continue to help me. I asked Alwarraq's permission to translate and publish his articles in some English speaking forums, and he welcomed the idea and he will personally reply to comments on his posts on this forum.

I chose this lovely forum as one of the forums in which I publish my humble translations of Al-warraq's articles, and I wish you criticize my translation and notify me of any mistakes.

here are links of 2 of Al-Warraq's post in this forum :
http://turntoislam.com/community/threads/can-we-live-a-good-life.89987/

http://turntoislam.com/community/threads/the-authenticity-of-our-conscience-and-the-weakness-of-evil.94863/

God bless you all..

Wa alaikum asalam :)

Welcome brother, I can very much understand and relate to your briefly told journey, keep up the sincere intentions.

May Allah always firm up our faith and protect us from the evil cunning of Shaitan.

Decart

Wa alaikum asalam :)

Welcome brother, I can very much understand and relate to your briefly told journey, keep up the sincere intentions.

May Allah always firm up our faith and protect us from the evil cunning of Shaitan.

Thanks A lot my new friend for your honest and encouraging words..

Alhamdulillah, I was finally able to finish translating one of Al-Warraq articles that really convinced my mind about the existence of God. Al-Warraq has posted here recently: http://turntoislam.com/community/threads/how-can-we-know-god.95041/

I wish you all benefit from it like me, and I wish you criticize my translation because I'm still a beginner in English language compared to you guys..