My Problem

Ahsen

Hi.I have a problem,that is i can't pray.I don't mean that i can't pray at all.The thing is that the mosque is at 3 minutes distance from my house.When i pray and enter my house,i hear the voice of music and vulgar dialogues.My mom watches indian drama serials and i am not lying,i can't stand indian drama serials.I can stand other things,but not indian drama serials.I hate them.So when i hear the sound of the music and these dialogues,i feel like someone has put a dagger in my heart and it is piercing my heart into two pieces.

It's because of the contrast that i enter the mosque,read the quran,listen the quran,pray and say dua but only after 3 minutes when i reach my home i have to listen to loud music and very vulgar dialogues,that's the reason my heart breaksup.The pain is so intense,it feels like poison or fire.I tried to tell my mom many times about this problem but she doesn't cares about it.So i am asking you,my brothers and sisters,what should i do in this case.

Have you been in any situations like this?What you did to fix this problem?

JenGiove

Hi.I have a problem,that is i can't pray.I don't mean that i can't pray at all.The thing is that the mosque is at 3 minutes distance from my house.When i pray and enter my house,i hear the voice of music and vulgar dialogues.My mom watches indian drama serials and i am not lying,i can't stand indian drama serials.I can stand other things,but not indian drama serials.I hate them.So when i hear the sound of the music and these dialogues,i feel like someone has put a dagger in my heart and it is piercing my heart into two pieces.

It's because of the contrast that i enter the mosque,read the quran,listen the quran,pray and say dua but only after 3 minutes when i reach my home i have to listen to loud music and very vulgar dialogues,that's the reason my heart breaksup.The pain is so intense,it feels like poison or fire.I tried to tell my mom many times about this problem but she doesn't cares about it.So i am asking you,my brothers and sisters,what should i do in this case.

Salaam Brother,

Have you thought about delaying your return home until after the Serial is over? How long are they on? Or, if that is not an option, what about delaying your return untill the power of the prayer has calmed into your heart more and you can face "the real world" again?

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Hmm university can be like that, you can emerge from the prayer room and then be walking to lectures right past a bar, loud music, vulgarity etc..a few things can improve the experience; walk quickly, head down, take alternative routes where possible.

Its not the same as your situation in that this is within your own home. Plug in an mp3 with your own halaal content? Maybe you could be elsewhere whenever these programmes are on the TV, surely its not a 24/7 thing? You could ask your mother to kindly please turn the volume down even if she is not agreeing to switch it off completely.

May Allaah aid you.

Wa-alaykum salaam

Abu Talib

Feeling low
:salam2:

It happens with me some times but I ask them to lower the volume and even if it doesn't work I just start doing my work so I am not distracted by it.

In your case what al-fajr said is a nice way to beat that..

Ahsen

I live in a normal home.The problems started when my father told me to open the windows.Because of the music i had shut off my windows and everything was fine.I would just come and relax in my room,but when the windows opened i can't stand it.I can stand movies etc but i really really can't stand indian serials.And if one serial ends,the other starts.It's like that for 3-4 hours.

JenGiove

I live in a normal home.The problems started when my father told me to open the windows.Because of the music i had shut off my windows and everything was fine.I would just come and relax in my room,but when the windows opened i can't stand it.I can stand movies etc but i really really can't stand indian serials.And if one serial ends,the other starts.It's like that for 3-4 hours.

Salaam,

two words....ear plugs! lol! Though, creating an mp3 list of the Qur'an might not be such a bad idea....

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~Salam to all!

:bismillah:

Ignore
ignore
Just ignore it brother!
Remenber
On Top of all that
you still have to pray.

~May Allah swt guide and help you~Amin!

Take Care!

~Wassalam :)

a_stranger

I feel the same when hearning music real pain in my heart subhan Allah who changes hearts (I used to love music ) but AlhamduliAllah after learning Quran and Sunna everything changed ......I think we should use Mp3 and try to memorize Quran to balance the situation . We should defeat shaytan by more hasanat. I am happy whn i feel that pain it is asign of Allah put in my heart AlhamduliAllah.

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:wasalam:

You see.. We too are going through the same as you...
I mean my neighbors, some times play the music in such a high volume that the bars of my windows start to vibrate...:astag:

so the atmosphere becomes IRRITATING...

So what I do is, I play soorah Muzzamil ('coz thats one of my favorite soorahs) on my PC in the highest volume so that it can over come the music.. but if it does not work, then I plug on my MP3 into my ears... SIMPLE:)

But I understand that as a son / daughter how would you feel towards your parent in such a situation...

First of all make Dua for them... 'coz the dua of a pious child would never be neglected..
then advise your mum with love and care..
ask ALLAH AZZAWAJAL to give you the strength to ignore the fitna..

INSHA ALLAH, ALLAH AZZAWAJAL will make your tasks easy for you..

FEE AMANILLAH:hearts:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu...

Dear brother, please start your thread with salam as that is sunnah.

as for your problem i see what you mean, those indians serial are extremely sick to "hear" about let alone watch. Alhumdulillah our house is free of that curse but at my uncle's i experience similar problems.

Best is the ear plug thing. Secondly, i suggest slowly and taking one step at a time try to give dawah to your mother and family, things will become a lot easier when they realise their mistakes. it will take time but it's not impossible. you just have to say the right thing at the right time and don't be hasty=)

May Allah Sobhanuhu wa taa'la help you.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam alaikum warahamtu-llah brother AHSEN

be careful, never ever behave bad with your parents, inshaa'Allah
just go and ask your mother politely, to decrease the sound, go sit beside her and ask.
do it twice, thrice, even if that doesnt work, just leave them alone, go to outside or frnds home or plug in mp3 almost all said that.

what you can understand may be they haven't understood, let them know and understand, dawah and Islah is not an easy work brother, may Allah help you to step up your work.

may Allah subhanahu wa ta'la help you to be in patience/tolerance.
JazakAllah khair
wassalam

ProudToBeaMuslim

Assalamalikum,
The first and foremost thing you should do is to make dua to Allah. When it comes to such similar situations, My favorite dua is "Ya Hayyu, Ya Qayyum, Birahmathika Asthagheesu aslih li sha'ni kullahu Wala Thakilni Ila nafsi Tharfath ayn"
[O Ever-living, O self subsisting and supporter of all, rectify for me all of my affairs and do not leave me to myself, even for the blink of an eye' ]

You can make this dua or pour out your needs in your own words to Allah just before leaving the mosque. Just make sure you are expressing your need for Allah, and that you feel completely humble and powerless when doing so. Remember that Allah is our best Wali (protective friend).

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Son, your mother enjoys her shows. Leave her be. There must be a million things you can do.

Go to the store for her.
Make dinner
Do laundry
Go do some volunteer work
Sweep the sidewalk
Paint a room
Visit the old man down the street and make him a cup of tea
Go for a walk
Clean the masjid

The filp side to your problem is you are making an issue. She is your mother.
Did it ever occur to you that this may just be her way of thinking and relaxing. This may be her outlet. She who has given up her hopes and dreams to raise you in a Muslim home..she who taught you Islam..

Just be glad you are not my child at this moment. She is allowing you to live with her and let me guess you do not pitch in with the bills. How much do you pitch in with the running of the household.

Humble yourself son and be grateful that you have a mother who loves you.

xAllahKnowsBestx

Assalamu Alaikum.

I know the feeling. It's SO irritating, my parents watch those Indian serials as well, which last for hours.

And when that's done, my brother starts to play death metal/screamo [satanic] music. I used to listen to that kind of music as well :astag:, but now ever since I've found Islam I get so irritated by the noise and there's no way I can ignore them. Sometimes I feel terrible... And if I go to my room [which I share with my sis], she starts to play hip hop and all that ..blahh. It's almost impossible to ignore them.

My parents decide to leave the PC in the living room so that we don't go on any "Bad sites" so I've got to study and all that in the living room, which I find very annoying surrounded by serials and satanic music. :girl3:

Don't worry brother, I will pray for you inshallah. May Allah SWT help us all be better Muslims. :tti_sister:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

You live at home and have no clue what your parents deal with to put food on the table for you and you complain about your parents.
This is not appropriate for anyone let alone a Muslim. Reread your words. You have a roof over your head, you have luxury items, you have food on the table and you berate your parents.

To be a better Muslim includes being grateful. And HUMBLE.

ProudToBeaMuslim

Salaam,

You live at home and have no clue what your parents deal with to put food on the table for you and you complain about your parents.
This is not appropriate for anyone let alone a Muslim. Reread your words. You have a roof over your head, you have luxury items, you have food on the table and you berate your parents.

To be a better Muslim includes being grateful. And HUMBLE.
Jazak Allahu Khairan...
Your words just opened a new doorway in my brain. I just glanced over my screen name and saw the word 'proud' and the fact that we shouldn't proud, but infact, grateful to be a Muslim just clicked. Alhamdulillah..

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Aliakum brother,

I truely do apologize to hear what you are going through, often it is hard to do certain things around the house including praying if one person messes it up for you.

Im sorry and please dont mind me asking but is your mom a muslim? please dont feel offended because my question is not to offend you.

A mother should honor her motherhood to raise her children. She should mother her children so that they do not develop any spiritual or emotional deficiencies. She should know that a mother should be a role model.

I used to think my mother was annoying because everytime we are sitting in the living room reading or studying or watching a movie:astag: she would come and flip the channel to IQRA which is an islamic channel and i would get frustrated and upset that she constantly turns on islamic channels and movies. Now that i hear your story i am highly grateful for my mother. Not that you shouldnt be grateful for your mother because you should your mother was the one who held you in her womb for 9 months, she delivered you and nurtured you. Your mother just needs guidance.

You know when you find her watching these series you should sit next to her and start a conversation so you can distract her from watching them, do this daily and in no time she will eventually stop watching such seriels.

P.s I HATE INDIAN SERIELS TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

sandra canada

Laa ilaha illa Allah

assalamu alikum brother May Allah bless you plz pray for your mum and make duaa for her ]

try to ask her in a smile face and politely that this situation hurting u

ask her if she can make the sound lower when u back home?

try with her in all ways i mean like bringing flowers to her

try to make her respect u and love u , everything will work step by step

today your mother is beside you and you felt disturbance according to her act how about your feeling tommorow if you lose her?

you will ask allah to bring those days thatyou waste in sadness and anger

even if the rightness with u , and i guess that your mum is a muslim?

alhamdullah

On the authority of Abu-Huraira, who said: I used to call my mother to Islam when she was still a polytheist. One day, while I was calling her she mentioned something about the Prophet , Peace and Blessings be Upon Him, that I detested. So I went to see the Prophet , Peace and Blessings be Upon Him, while crying and told him: I used to call my mother to Islam and she would refuse. I called her today and she mentioned something about you that I detested. Please invoke the blessings and guidance of Allah on her. Then the Prophet , Peace and Blessings be Upon Him, said: O Great Allah guide the mother of Abu-Huraira. So I left full of hope because of the Prophet's supplication for my mother. When I reached home I found that the door was partially closed. My mother heard my footsteps and said: Stay still Abu-Huraira, then I heard the water running; he added my mother performed body ablution, put on her cloths and hurriedly opened the door without her head-cover and said: "None has the right to be worshipped but Allah and Muhammad, Peace and Blessings be Upon Him, is the Messenger of Allah". I went back to the Prophet , Peace and Blessings be Upon Him, crying of joy and told him: I am bringing you good news; Allah answered your prayers and guided the mother of Abu-Huraira. The Prophet , Peace and Blessings be Upon Him, praised and glorified Allah and said: this is good. I said: Oh Messenger of Allah, pray to Allah to make me and my mother beloved by Allah's believing slaves and make us love them. The Prophet , Peace and Blessings be Upon Him, said: Oh Allah, make this little slave of Yours and his mother (meaning Abu-Huraira and his mother) become beloved by your believing slaves and make the believers love them. Ever since, there was not a believer who heard of me, even without seeing me, that did not love me. Reported by Muslim in Sahih Muslim (Muslim Authentic volumes) under # 2491.

On the authority of Saa'd (Ibn Abi Waqas May Allah be pleased with him) who said that verses of the Qur'an revealed his story. He said Um Saa'd (his mother) swore not to talk to him ever nor eat or drink until he renounces Islam. She said: You claim that Allah commanded you to obey your parents. I am your mother and I order you to do this ( to renounce Islam). He said: She stayed with nothing to eat or drink for three days until she fainted because of strain. Then one of her other sons named Umarah gave her water to drink. And she started to imprecate against Saa'd, then Allah revealed this verse in the Qur'an, which translates to the meaning of {And We have enjoined on man to be good and dutiful to his parents; but if they strive to make you join with Me (in worship) anything (as a partner) of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not. Unto Me is your return and I shall tell you what you used to do} Verse 29:8 - Surah 29, Al Ankabut. This Hadith is narrated by Imam Ahmad in his Musnad and in Sahih Muslim in his Sahih under # 1748.
Also, Allah revealed another verse in the Qur'an, which translates to:
"But if they (both) strive with you to make you join in worship with Me others that if which you have no knowledge, then obey them not; but behave with them in the world kindly, and follow the path of him who turns to me in repentance and in obedience. Then to Me will be your return, and I shall tell you what you used to do"( 31:15 - Surah Luqman).
Based on the above stories one can determine how to deal with a non believing mother and can draw the following significant conclusions:

The importance of good presentation of Islam to the mother and to try to kindly persuade her and to strive to convince her as Abu Huraira did (story # 1)
Continue to do good to the mother and to remember that her action does not justify disobedience by the son or daughter and that doing her good does not contradict with your innocence of her as a disobedient, on the contrary as it is stated in Verse 31:15 above, Allah has commanded us to treat the non believing parents kindly even if they strive to make their child a polytheist because of their rights as parents hoping that they will

embrace Islam.
Continue to sincerely pray and supplicate for the disobedient mother hoping that Allah may guide her, as evident in Abu Huraira's story

The divine guidance of Allah may come after continuous strive by the child and strong objection of the mother as in Abu Huraira's story, therefore the son should never surrender or give up but should continue to pray and supplicate for the disobedient mother.

and don't give sahytan a way to build a gape between you and ur mum

your mum is a good respectable person she do not prevent you for going to pray to IN MASJID

Or fighting u in your religion , make duaa for her and be so delicate with her and show her how u will be proud of her if she get close to Allah and etc..

i know i get away from the issue but shaytan want your life in misrable
and to be in a bad relationship between you and mum

do not hate your mum only hate the action and make duaa for her in sujood and Allah wont give you up

this is IKHTEBAR brother from allah keep patience