MY QUESTION

AISHA14

allah is my lord
:salam2:
WELL CAN YOU TELL ME THAT IF A GUY AND A GIRL LIKE EACH OTHER. AND THEY HAVE NOT SEEN EACH OTHER, NEVER DATED EACH OTHER, NEVER TALK EACH OTHER, OR HEARED THEY JUST CHAT FOR 15 MINUTES IN A MONTH OR NOT EVEN THAT, AND THE GUY HAS PROMISED THE GIRL THAT HE WILLL ASK HER HAND FROM HER FATHER AND BECOZ HE DOESNT EARN ANY THING .he ISNT asking fast so .... just for being islamic they have NOT done anything unislamic and the guy is very very very islamic ...... thats the only reason THE GIRL choosed that man to be her husband
is this right according to islam
please answer me

D.Ahmed

Believer

sister forgive me if I'm being abit slow but I find your question hard to understand can you be more specific about your question? also if its not to much to ask can you type without the CAPITALS??
Perhaps someone else can advice you on this.

:wasalam:

revert2007

Love Fishing
She is asking is it possible for a guy and a girl who have never met each other in real life ,have never spoken to each other in real life but talk online at least for 15minutes once a month.The guy promised to marry her when he is financially stable.For the time being he can't propose her because he is not financially stable.

Umm Abdullah

sister why not do it the sunnah way??
Why do we forget the sunnah I just can't understand...
And sister if he is serious he will talk to your parents..
I believe you when you say he is a good muslim man, so
he will inshaAllah understand if you tell him that he should talk
to your parents..its best that way - and its good for your hono
r.

almanar

Seeking Allah's Love
WELL CAN YOU TELL ME THAT IF A GUY AND A GIRL LIKE EACH OTHER. AND THEY HAVE NOT SEEN EACH OTHER, NEVER DATED EACH OTHER, NEVER TALK EACH OTHER, OR HEARED THEY JUST CHAT FOR 15 MINUTES IN A MONTH OR NOT EVEN THAT, AND THE GUY HAS PROMISED THE GIRL THAT HE WILLL ASK HER HAND FROM HER FATHER AND BECOZ HE DOESNT EARN ANY THING .he ISNT asking fast so .... just for being islamic they have NOT done anything unislamic and the guy is very very very islamic ...... thats the only reason THE GIRL choosed that man to be her husband
is this right according to islam
please answer me
assalamualaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuh..

i am not a scholar

i think better dont do that if both of them r not serious for marriage.

for me, if someone like each other they both dont have to start with chat.
they can start with marriage proposal after knowing each other through a third party.

Allah knows better.

ShyHijabi

Asalaam Aleakum,

Well the "chats" should only be with her wali present, regardless of the duration and frequency as anything else is haram. As far as promising or engagements go, this is not a practice in Islam. However if she and her wali agree with him then I honestly can't think of why it should be forbidden.

If this were me I would set a time limit for him to get a job and be a responsible adult. I would also make sure to have my wali present during all exchanges so as to protect myself and the male in question from shaitaan.